Any license fee need for sybase odbc driver

I hv a report that use excel to retrieve date from sybase and i use sybase
system 11 odbc driver to connect with.
Any license fee need for sybase odbc driver !?
If need, any free odbc driver can be used instead of the above sybase odbc
driver.

Pls advise ....

0
JJ

It depends how you obtained the driver.
You pay for it as part of the server package or the Software Developers Kit
(essentially a set of connectivity products) and no separate fee is payable,
if you have bought one og these products from Syabse.

If you are using a driver supplied with a third party product, you'll have to
check the specific licensing terms, but in many cases you are not allowed to
use this driver for anything but connecting the application.

Finally, all the users connecting to Sybase via Excel need to have client
licenses on the database. This is a separate issue form licensing of the
driver.

Best to check with local Sybase office.

Rgds

Bart van Kuijk

JJ wrote:

> I hv a report that use excel to retrieve date from sybase and i use sybase
> system 11 odbc driver to connect with.
> Any license fee need for sybase odbc driver !?
> If need, any free odbc driver can be used instead of the above sybase odbc
> driver.
>
> Pls advise ....

0
Bart

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

Problem : VB 6 ADO-application connection with ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to ASE 11.9.2 needs multiple connections
Hello, we are running Visual Basic applications (VB 6) which use ADO and Sybase ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to connect to ASE 11.9.2. We configured the 'select method' to be direct. This configuration results in login/logouts to the database for every single select statement. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? I know that configuring cursor select method solves the problem. But then every statement is executed as an server cursor, which is much slower then a standard select. I think the prolem has something to with the interface between AD...

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

ODBC Driver needed to connect to Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0
Looking for a Windows ODBC driver to allow me to connect to an Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0 database. Sybase Sales told me to download and install SQL Anywhere Developers Edition. Will this work and if so what will the driver be named and how do I use it Hi You might want to check this on the sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general newsgroup - The ODBC Driver is called "Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0". Configuring the data source depends on how you're setting up the ASA. I'd check the docs, available online, in the product documentation section under Support (www.s...

Oracle 7.3 ODBC driver cannot be found in the ODBC driver list
I have the Oracle 7.3.4 database installed on my NT laptop (as well as PowerBuilder 6.0 - Desktop version). I installed the Oracle ODBC drivers when I installed the database. But, I cannot see the Oracle ODBC driver as an installed driver in the ODBC configuration screen. I have verified that the ORANT\bin directory is in my system path. I have also seen in the registry (Local Machine\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers) that the Oracle 73 Ver 2.5 driver is installed. NOTE: My hard drive is partitioned into 2 partitions (C & D). C:\ has my system files and NT and D:\ h...

ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]
What courses this error(s)? Please help I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24. <Main> Local file for remote synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle' E. 2010-05-19 14:44:24. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated database server or ODBC error: ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (ODBC State = IM002, Native error code = 0) On 5/19/2010 2:47 PM, Nancy Jones wrote: > What courses this error(s)? > Please help > > I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24.<Main> Local file for remote > synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle' &g...

I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it?
Hi : I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it? I am inexperienced in the subject. find in db profile that they were drivers native of oracle 804 and 805. Drivers native of oracle 9 exists? or definitively I am due to connect to traves of odbc? thank you from chile You can use the O84 Oracle 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver to connect to Oracle 9. -- S.V. Software http://www.svsoftware.da.ru Home of SQL Builder Professional for PowerBuilder Download the Demo Version Now!!! Source code available ...

ODBC Driver Connect
I want to connect to a SQL Anywhere using the ODBC SQLDriverConnect() and specifying the filename of the SQL Anywhere database. The documentation says it can be done by passing a string specifying the driver and the database file, but whenever I do this I get an error message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified" I have tried lots of variations on the connection string but I always get the same error message. The string I am trying at the moment looks like this: Connection:=ODBC;Driver="d:\Program Files\Sybase\...

DBD::ODBC and ODBC SQL Servre driver
Hi, I am currently using the trial version of the Easysoft ODBC-SQL Server driv= er. I need to be able to connect from Perl to SQL Server using a Linux mach= ine and am currently using DBI version 1.607. I was hoping someone could te= ll me which versions of the DBD::ODBC and ODBC-SQL Server driver would be c= ompatible with this version of the DBI so that I would not have to update t= he DBI ...

how do I install odbc driver and use odbc conneciton ?
Hi, I have a little problem with a new hosting at the moment.We have a working version of the website written in asp.net C#, with local sql 2005 express. We have been uploading the database tables using the program I wrote in delphi, (which I had to do since the original database is something that VS cannot read well I assume at least). I can access the database on the web via MS SQL Management Studio 2008 and I can run queries to check records. And here is the issue.I just use normal SQLConnect  to connec to the database. And It wouldn't work by saying that :&nb...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

HELP NEEDED ODBC CONNECTION
I'm having problems with ODBC profiles, i can=B4t create or edit an ODBC=20 profile in the profile Window, when i try to do this PB hangs up. I'm working on an Windows NT SP6 and PB 702 C3. I would appreciate your help, Thanks in advance, C=E9sar ...

XBase ODBC Driver needed
Hello there, Does anyone know where I can find a XBASE ODBC-driver ? Thanks Peter De Clercq The PB 8 installation can install the driver called: "PB MERANT OEM 3.60 32-bit DBase (*.dbf)" It's an excellent driver. I like it better than the MS driver because the Merant driver can update dBase files, and it supports UNC file names. The MS driver doesn't. PB 6.5 also comes with a dBase driver. Hope that helps. VictorReinhart >Hello there, >Does anyone know where I can find a XBASE ODBC-driver ? >Thanks >Peter De Clercq ...

Setting up ODBC connection on Linux for using DBD::ODBC
--_000_E3137F97B0A0804194F369F4E7C3B71927B947875EEXCHANGEpersi_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I have been working on Windows with Oracle DB and Active Perl and done some= DBI coding with DBD::ODBC. Now I need to move things over to Linux machine ( Red Hat Linux 4 and Oracl= e 10g.) I know this is not really a DBI question, but I thought I can get good help= here, Can someone please tell me how I set up ODBC on Linux or point me to website= s explaining this. Thanks a lot, DB DISCLAIMER=0A= =3D=3D...

Web resources about - Any license fee need for sybase odbc driver - sybase.connectivity.odbc

License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) refers to that permission as well as to the document recording that permission. A license may be granted by a party ("licensor") to another ...

Seven Seas Licenses My Pathetic Vampire Life Manga
Comedy manga about bored vampire repeating high school slated for October

The LA City Council just confirmed everyone’s worst fears about license plate data collection
Everyone remember the film Minority Report that revolved around people with psychic abilities who used their powers predict crimes so that cops ...

COJONES: Illegals Sue to Overturn Oregon Ballot Initiative That Overwhelmingly Refused Them Drivers Licenses ...
... initiative in that state in which voters resoundingly rebuffed attempts to legislatively permit illegal aliens to obtain Oregon driver's licenses. ...

Zenefits could be in big trouble for allegedly letting its salespeople sell insurance without a license ...
... valued at $4.5 billion, is under investigation in Washington state for allowing salespeople to sell health insurance without the proper licenses, ...

SPIRIT DSP Extended Its Software License for AT&T Conferencing with Cisco® WebEx®
SPIRIT DSP Extended Its Software License for AT&T Conferencing with Cisco® WebEx® Business Wire (press release) MOSCOW(BUSINESS WIRE)SPIRIT ...

Dear John, Los Angeles wants to shame you with your license plate
A proposed measure would send letters to drivers caught in areas typically rife with prostitutes.

LA's plan to scan license plates and send Dear prostitute-seeking John letters
Have you ever taken a wrong turn or been given a strange route via a map app while driving? What if a license plate reader were to scan your ...

White Wolf can still license World of Darkness to other publishers
... Wolf and Paradox’s relationship is a bit more fluid that we may have expected it to have been. When asked about whether White Wolf could license ...

YouTube Wants to License TV Shows, Movies for Its Red Service
The company is in talks to expand its $9.99 monthly Red video streaming services with TV show and movie content, according to a report.