ADO

Hi NG,

i try to connect to a sybase-db via adodc (visual basic). i can only
select from the db. Updates will produce a e_fail. now i read in the
white paper of msdasql, that msdasql requires an odbc-driver to be
odbc-version 3.x conformance level 1. the sybase ase odbc driver (v.
3.50.00.10) are only core. is there a way to connect sybase using ado?

please help me
  marcel

Sybase 12.0 (PC-client) - VB6 - SP5 - MDAC2.6

0
Marcel

firstly,you can install the mdac 2.6,and then
install the oledb provider for sybase,

the second step:
you can use the createobject("adodb.connection") function to establish
database connection.
or
setting the connectstring properties to the adodc control

last,you can open recordset with different lock type to control the data.

victor fan
0
victor_fan

Problem : VB 6 ADO-application connection with ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to ASE 11.9.2 needs multiple connections
Hello, we are running Visual Basic applications (VB 6) which use ADO and Sybase ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to connect to ASE 11.9.2. We configured the 'select method' to be direct. This configuration results in login/logouts to the database for every single select statement. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? I know that configuring cursor select method solves the problem. But then every statement is executed as an server cursor, which is much slower then a standard select. I think the prolem has something to with the interface between AD...

How can I connect to an ASA6 ODBC using ADO and vbscript?
Athough I have the ODBC connection working in PB or Visual Interdev environment, I can't connect through code When I mean 'through code' I mean ASP and vbscript. Post this question to the ASA newsgroup sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general and please provide your connection code. /ck "Savvoulidis Iordanis" <iordanis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Kbu7WHKQCHA.259@forums.sybase.com... > When I mean 'through code' I mean ASP and vbscript. > > > ...

Please Help on ADO connect SQL Anywhere through ODBC.
Hi, All Is there anybody can help on how to use ADO connect SQL Anywhere 5.0 through ODBC? ODBC driver has been installed. I need the code urgently (to use inside ASP for Web Publishing). Best regards, Liu If you want to use OLEDB through ADO with SA 5.5, you need to specify MSDASQL as the provider. This is the Microsoft provided OLEDB-ODBC bridge dll. ASA has its own OLEDB provider available with version 7.0 Jason Hinsperger International and Sustaining Engineering Adaptive Server Anywhere Liu wrote: > Hi, All > > Is there anybody can help on how t...

ADO Connection to Intersystems Cache DB via odbc issue
I have this query, and connecting to an ODBC connection i have made, that is connecting to an Intersystems Cache Db server. SELECT FIELD1,FIELD2,FIELD3,FIELD4,FIELD5,FIELD6,FIELD7,FIELD8 FROM TABLE1 WHERE ( FIELD1 = 'DW' and FIELD5 = '583' ) or ( FIELD1 = 'FD' and FIELD5 = '584B' ) or ( FIELD1 = 'FD' and FIELD5 = '584D' ) or ( FIELD1 = 'FD' and FIELD5 = '584A' ) or ( FIELD1 = 'DW' and FIELD5 = '583V' ) or ( FIELD1 = 'FR' and FIELD5 = '5863' ) or ( FIELD1 = 'FD' and ...

connecting to Filemaker ODBC source using ADO components [Edit]
Hello all, I'm trying to convert an existing application from BDE to ADO (reasons: The dreaded 16kB per record limit inside the BDE and everybody's telling me BDE is obsolete). I have: - Filemaker as an ODBC data source - seems to work, test in Windows->Datasources checks OK - an ADOConnection - can connect to data source, test in ConnectionString->Build checks OK - an ADOTable The ADOTable is where the problem starts: - I set CursorType to ctKeyset (because I want full access, not batch-only, not read-only) - as soon as I set active=true CursorType change bac...

Compare ADO.Net Connection methods ( OLEDB,ODBC and SQLClient)
Hi Friends,           which connection method is fastest in ADO.Net.            i am working on project upgrade. they used dsn connection with earlier. we are upgrading to .net. can you pls suggest either can go for same dsn connection method in .net or any suggestion.  Thanks.   SQLClient is SQL Server specific, and won't work with any other database.  It has been optimised for SQL Server, so if you are using SQL Server, that will be the one to use.  OLEDB will work ...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

Connecting to ASE 12.0 from VBA via ODBC using ADO
Hi, i am trying to connect to our ase 12.0 via ado and execute a certain procedure with an input parameter. However the results are tend to be different from the ones when i execute the same proc directly throuth isql (the procedure must return less entries then it actually returns througth ado and moreover the columns with some Null values is viewed by ADO as thouth ANY value is null i.e. it returns only NULLs and doesnt distinguish real values among them). Are there any features in ASE ODBC driver? I am using a 3.50.00.10 or is the script just incorrect? As far as I undesta...

Any workaround When ADO using ODBC driver to connect ASA 7 with diff. charset
ASA server : Version :7.0.2.1600 Charset: iso_1 ASA ODBC : Version:9.00.01.1841 Charset setting:iso_1 Client charset: cp950 When using Microsoft ADO through ODBC to Connect to ASA Server, Characer Conversion doesn't work. But Other program work simple through ODBC. Any Guru knows what happened and is any workaround to do charset conversion in ADO? You are not actually using ODBC unless you use MSDASQL as the provider. Otherwise, the ODBC layer is not a factor if you are using ASAProv. See CharSet connection parameter for more details on how to set the cli...

Syabse ASE oleDB,ODBC, ADO.Net provider connectivity with Enterprise Library 2.0 DAAB
Hi all, Is it possible to use the Sybase OleDB, ODBC, Ado.Net provider in Enterprise Library 2.0 DAAB ? We want to connect the Syabse database to .Net application by using Enterprise Libarary 2.0 DAAB. If any sample code is avalable then it will be very grateful to you. And, is Sybase.com provide evaluation copy download for these Sybase ASE providers. If not how can I take these providers?? Thanks in advance Deepak Hi Deepak, I'll answer your last question first: You need to get the drivers/providers via ASE PC Client CDRom or by having license for the Client S...

When using MS-ADO to connect to ASE using ASE OLEDB/ODBC driver the record count is -1
Hi VB 6 application connecting to ASE 12.5 (NT) using OLEDB/ODBC drivers. Gets a problem. He retrieve rows from the database - WORKS Fine!!! But as soon as he wants to see how many rows was returned the recordcount returns -1. He gets this problem connecting using ODBC and OLEDB. He gets the recordcount from the recordset object's recordcount property. This is what I found on the MSDN online manuals: RecordCount Property - ADO Indicates the current number of records in a Recordset object. Applies To Recordset Remarks Use the RecordCount property to find out how many r...

Recycling connections in a ADO.Net connection pool
I have a requirement where I will need to get a handle on the existing connections in a particular ADO.Net connection pool (identified by the unique connection string) and close and open them one by one. This is because whenever we compile a package or stored procedure, ADO.Net does not realise this and keeps giving "Package is invalid" error. I am using ODP.Net Client 9.2.0.4. The current solution is to restart the application pool to flush the connection pool. Does anyone know how to get a list of all connection objects in the ADO.Net connection pool given a connection stri...

ADO Connection Does Not Work W/ Same Parameters As DSN Connection
Folks, Could you please help me with the following code? When the program gets to the line that says: .Open userid:="myID", Password:="myPassword" I get an error message saying "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified". What I can't figure out is I'm not using a data source name and what do I need a default driver for? I've already specified the driver and it's right where I said it was -- i.e., c:\dbodbc8.dll. I'm running on an NT 4.0 (SP4) platform using VB6 (SP5). My...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

Web resources about - ADO - sybase.connectivity.odbc

ADO Den Haag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[ˈɑ.ləs doːr ˈu.fə.nɪŋ dɛn ˈɦaːχ] ), commonly known by the abbreviated name ADO Den Haag [ˈaː.do dɛn ˈɦaːχ] , is a Dutch football club from the ...

David Tennant and Catherine Tate star in Much Ado About Nothing - Available now from Digital Theatre ...
Watch online or download the full show to your desktop now at http://www.digitaltheatre.com. David Tennant and Catherine Tate appear together ...

Joss Whedon Much Ado About Nothing Twitter
Joss Whedon delivers a Shakespearean trailer, Twitter joy and cannibalism all in one day

Much Ado About Nothing
... modern-day reading of Shakespeare's romantic comedy, filmed in his own home with a cast comprised of alumni from his TV shows. Rate Much Ado ...

Canberra Repertory Society gives Much Ado about Nothing a 1920s twist
Shakespeare's reworked comedy transcends the ages with ease.

CBC Digital Archives - Much Ado About Christmas: Toys, Traditions & Fun - Lighthouse Santa
Relive Canada's history through CBC Radio and Television. This free site features thousands of radio and television clips from the archives of ...

Much Ado About Dacheng Dentons
Dentons’ loosely affiliated verein style likely played a large role in capturing the largest Chinese law firm.

Much Ado About...
Kerfuffle: A social imbroglio or brouhaha.

Much Ado About Smart Tags
Microsoft's proprietary Smart Tags: Boon or bane? Kaminski digs deep beneath the hype and paranoia in an extensive assessment of what Microsoft ...

A Guantanamo Tour: 'Much Ado About Nothing'?
In vivid detail, Jason Leopold describes daily life for both the detainees and guards at the facility.