Access 2000 with Sybase

I am linking tables from Access 2000 to Sybase 12 using Sybase ASE ODBC
Driver V4.0. In general it works fine. The only drawback is that data
manipulation is slower then if I import all tables. I need to increase the
speed.
Does anyone knows what is causing the slowness?
Alexandre_Bas

ODBC connection to MS Access 2000
I have created a PowerBuilder app that run fine on my computer, because I have Access 2000 installed on my PC. I deployed it to a PC that apparently has MS Access 97 installed. When I run one of the datawindows I get a message "[ODBC Microsft Access 97] Expression cannot be used with the LIKE predicate...." Apparently the syntax is not supported in Access 97. I want to keep my database and program as is, so how do I get the correct drivers and dll's to run? I don't know which files go with the Access connection. (I'm running PB 6.5 on Windows 2000) ---== Poste...

PB8 odbc connection to Access 2000 problems
Problem: PB8 eval version seems to connect to Access 2000 mdb ok. The development environment will not allow new row inserts in any table. Environment: Win2K, PB8 eval, Access 2000 mdb, Access odbc driver version 4.00.5303.01. Does anyone know why PB8 will not allow new row inserts? Thanks, Jim This newsgroup is for PB and EAServer. Please post PB database problems in the powerbuilder.database newsgroup. /MicK <Jim_Haran> wrote in message news:DE4FAA31E88F21430061BB6785256AB2.0061BB7685256AB2@webforums... > Problem: PB8 eval version seems to connect to Access ...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

prb using Date/time field with DBI , odbc connected with Access 2000
Hi, I have some problems using date/time field with DBI and a MS Access Database over ODBC. I try to insert a record containig a date : $res = $dbh->do("INSERT INTO SIT_PREVISIONNEL_HISTO (......., DATEMAJ, ......) values (......,$rec->{majdate},.....) $rec->{majdate} come from another table and i got it without a problem with a SELECT query. DBI trace shows that : dbd_preparse scanned 2 distinct placeholders dbd_st_prepare'd sql f61546664 INSERT INTO SIT_PREVISIONNEL_HISTO (...,...,...,DATEMAJ,...) ...

MS Access 2000 "forgets" PWD and UID in ODBC connection string
Hi, When accessing our Sybase SQL Server via MS Access 2000/ODBC through the Sybase ASE ODBC Driver (v12), at startup Access always asks me to enter my DB login name and password. I've already edited the ODBC connection string in the linked tables' properies but my changes are not saved. Can anyone help me with a solution to this? TIA, Axel Dahmen ...

Can't connect to Access Data Base with ODBC connection
I am using Visual Web Developer and trying to connect to an Access data base in the code behind page  Default.aspx.vb.    I can't connect to my data base with the following code: Dim connectionstring As String connectionstring = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\asp\test02\App_Data\company.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;" Dim myConn As OdbcConnection = New OdbcConnection(connectionstring) myConn.Open()   I alwasy get :   "Data Source not found and no default driver found:.   Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ?? Check ou...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

ODBC Connection to Access
Im connecting a Sybase SQL Anywhere database in Access97 using ODBC. When I try to update the recordset I get the follwong error: "[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: authentication violation (-98) " I have changed the permissions on the database and removed "Read Only" Any Ideas? Authentication violations usually indicate that you are using a third party product and they have restricted the use of the db engine to their product. Is this true? -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions - http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX...

Access ODBC connection
Part of the funtionality in the app I'm building is connecting to a remote Access database and retrieving monthly billing data. In configuring the ODBC connection, I had to use the 'User DSN' tab rather than the 'System DSN' tab. This limits who can login to my app and successfully get the data from Access. Only the user the ODBC connection is configured for is able to do it. PowerBuilder just didn't recognize the connection if it wasn't a User DSN. Is this a limitation I just have to live with? Or is there a workaround? Thanks for any help in advance...

Access 2000 connection
I am trying to connect to a MS Access database. Access 2003 installed. Access 2000 file types in the acutal database. It's an old database. Using connectionString : conn.ConnectionString = @"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0.;Data Source = e:\hack.mdb"; Upon conn.Open(); I get a failure. Could not find installable ISAM. Any ideas. Yes, this is my first C# code and my frist task is to manipulate a MS Access DB. Thanks, GW   inthenexus: conn.ConnectionString = @"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0.;Data Source = e:\hack.mdb"; Upon conn.Open(); I get a failure. Could not find in...

Access 2000 odbc
Hello, my name�s Edgardo Moreyra and I have the following problem. I have developed an application that it uses MS ACCESS 97 engine. The Power Builder Version�s is 5.0. Up to now it�s all right, but when I want to use MS ACCESS 2000 engine with the same application I have a problem of compatibility with the libreries of ODBC conection. This libreries are odbjt32.dll, odbcji32.dll, odbint.dll.... I would be grateful if some of you could explain to me the best way to solve this situation I am engaged to. Thanks. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguid...

Connecting to Access 2000
I'm running PB 8 and trying to connect to Access 2000 using ODBC. I could connect fine but then I tried creating a new workgroup information file to secure the database. When I did this I could no longer connect through PB. I got an error saying that I didn't have the necessary permissions to access the database. I tried using my admin id that I set up in access. I'm trying to make users log in to access instead of just automatically connecting. Is there something else that I have to do? Hi! Did you set "System Database" in the ODBC profile for your ...

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

ODBC connection to Access Database
We are upgrading from NT to XME and I am not able to connect to an MS Access database usingPowerBuilder 7. The connection to SQL 7 works fine. Although the ODBC connection has been set up when I try to connect to the Access DB I get an error message that the connection does not exist. Is there a newer PowerBuilder SQL ODBC driver needed to enable me to connect, or anything else that I can do to fix this issue. Thanks Does this problem occur in the PB IDE at design time, or just at runtime? If just at runtime, you could look at the design time settings and copy them over to ensur...

ODBC Connection to MS ACCESS
I'm trying to make an ODBC connection between Microsoft Access and Sybase Adaptive Server 6.00.03.274. (ODBC driver is 6.00.03.2747) I keep getting the following error message in MS ACCESS: Reserved error (-7748); there is no message for this error. I can see the SQL tables but cannot make the final connection. I sent an email to Sybase and got a message back that they had no suggestions or solution. Is there someone at Sybase that will help me with this problem. We are running Access 97. Appreciate your help. Thanks. dzg5@cdc.gov Jim Gergely Are you ...

Web resources about - Access 2000 with Sybase - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Motorists can access up-to-date service station data on fuel prices - The Courier-Mail Search Search
MOTORISTS will be able to access up-to-date information on local petrol prices next year.

Apple starts offering proxy access to give shareholders more power over board of directors
... to nominate to the company’s board of directors. This makes Apple the latest company to adopt what is commonly referred to as “proxy access.” ...

Petrol prices: Consumers to get access to retailers' data under ACCC deal
The consumer watchdog has ended court proceedings against petrol retailers after the information service they agreed to share pricing data with ...

Widespread access problems for EA
Electronic Arts experienced log in and connection issues for many of its titles on Thursday, the video game company said.

(Update) PSA: Steam is giving people access to random accounts, don't log in
... According to multiple Steam users on Twitter and NeoGaf (plus a hands-on report from Kotaku ), a problem with Steam's cache gave users access ...

DreamFactory Aims To Become the Universal Data Access Layer Of Enterprise Applications
DreamFactory Software, the open source RESTful backend platform company has announced the availability of the enterprise edition, which targets ...

Bernie Sanders Regains Access to His Voter Files, But Still Plans To Sue the DNC
The skirmish between the Sanders and Clinton campaigns this week continues, with Sen. Bernie Sanders regaining access to his own voter files, ...

Several Arrests as Protest Blocks Minneapolis Airport Access
Protesters blocked access to a terminal and caused significant holiday traffic delays at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on Wednesday ...

Feel The Bern: Bernie Sanders Settles Lawsuit With Democrats Over Voter Data Access
Bernie Sanders has apparently settled an explosive lawsuit filed in federal court against the Democratic National Committee about access to sensitive ...