Access 2000 odbc

Hello, my name�s Edgardo Moreyra and I have the following problem.
I have developed an application that it uses MS ACCESS 97 engine.
The Power Builder Version�s is  5.0.
Up to now it�s all right, but when I want to use MS ACCESS 2000 engine
with the same application I have a problem of compatibility with the
libreries of ODBC conection.
This libreries are odbjt32.dll, odbcji32.dll, odbint.dll....
I would be grateful if some of you  could explain to me the best way to
solve this situation I am engaged to.
Thanks.

Edgardo

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

ODBC connection to MS Access 2000
I have created a PowerBuilder app that run fine on my computer, because I have Access 2000 installed on my PC. I deployed it to a PC that apparently has MS Access 97 installed. When I run one of the datawindows I get a message "[ODBC Microsft Access 97] Expression cannot be used with the LIKE predicate...." Apparently the syntax is not supported in Access 97. I want to keep my database and program as is, so how do I get the correct drivers and dll's to run? I don't know which files go with the Access connection. (I'm running PB 6.5 on Windows 2000) ---== Poste...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

PB8 odbc connection to Access 2000 problems
Problem: PB8 eval version seems to connect to Access 2000 mdb ok. The development environment will not allow new row inserts in any table. Environment: Win2K, PB8 eval, Access 2000 mdb, Access odbc driver version 4.00.5303.01. Does anyone know why PB8 will not allow new row inserts? Thanks, Jim This newsgroup is for PB and EAServer. Please post PB database problems in the powerbuilder.database newsgroup. /MicK <Jim_Haran> wrote in message news:DE4FAA31E88F21430061BB6785256AB2.0061BB7685256AB2@webforums... > Problem: PB8 eval version seems to connect to Access ...

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

prb using Date/time field with DBI , odbc connected with Access 2000
Hi, I have some problems using date/time field with DBI and a MS Access Database over ODBC. I try to insert a record containig a date : $res = $dbh->do("INSERT INTO SIT_PREVISIONNEL_HISTO (......., DATEMAJ, ......) values (......,$rec->{majdate},.....) $rec->{majdate} come from another table and i got it without a problem with a SELECT query. DBI trace shows that : dbd_preparse scanned 2 distinct placeholders dbd_st_prepare'd sql f61546664 INSERT INTO SIT_PREVISIONNEL_HISTO (...,...,...,DATEMAJ,...) ...

MS Access 2000 "forgets" PWD and UID in ODBC connection string
Hi, When accessing our Sybase SQL Server via MS Access 2000/ODBC through the Sybase ASE ODBC Driver (v12), at startup Access always asks me to enter my DB login name and password. I've already edited the ODBC connection string in the linked tables' properies but my changes are not saved. Can anyone help me with a solution to this? TIA, Axel Dahmen ...

ODBC Connection to Access
Im connecting a Sybase SQL Anywhere database in Access97 using ODBC. When I try to update the recordset I get the follwong error: "[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: authentication violation (-98) " I have changed the permissions on the database and removed "Read Only" Any Ideas? Authentication violations usually indicate that you are using a third party product and they have restricted the use of the db engine to their product. Is this true? -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions - http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX...

Access ODBC connection
Part of the funtionality in the app I'm building is connecting to a remote Access database and retrieving monthly billing data. In configuring the ODBC connection, I had to use the 'User DSN' tab rather than the 'System DSN' tab. This limits who can login to my app and successfully get the data from Access. Only the user the ODBC connection is configured for is able to do it. PowerBuilder just didn't recognize the connection if it wasn't a User DSN. Is this a limitation I just have to live with? Or is there a workaround? Thanks for any help in advance...

Can't connect to Access Data Base with ODBC connection
I am using Visual Web Developer and trying to connect to an Access data base in the code behind page  Default.aspx.vb.    I can't connect to my data base with the following code: Dim connectionstring As String connectionstring = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\asp\test02\App_Data\company.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;" Dim myConn As OdbcConnection = New OdbcConnection(connectionstring) myConn.Open()   I alwasy get :   "Data Source not found and no default driver found:.   Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ?? Check ou...

Microsoft Access ODBC connection.
I am using PowerBuilder 5.0.02 Enterprise to connect to a Microsoft Access 97 database. In PB's ODBC configuration utility I have selected the database using the Microsoft Access driver. I can connect to the database and even get a list of tables in the database painter. When I attempt to open a table ("accts") from within the db painter I get the error message Table "accts" has no columns, possible invalid table format. What is causing this and how do I correct it? Steven, The direct cause of the problem is that the ODBC call SQLColumns that PowerBui...

MS Access ODBC Connection
How to connect MS Access 97 database to PowerBuiler Application? If PowerBuilder doesn't provide ODBC Driver for MS Accesss, How can I get it and how can I redistribute it to general customers who will use our application? ...

Connecting to Access using ODBC
I am trying to connect to an Access 2000 database using ODBC. I have created my profile in Powerbuilder, but when I try to connect to the database from within Powerbuilder, I get the following error message: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range Here are my specs: Microsoft Access 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1) Window 2000 Operating System Powerbuilder 6.5 Build 444 ODBC Driver Version = 4.00.5303.01 File = ODBCJT32.Dll Date = 7/26/2000 You need to either upgrade PB to at least version 6.5. or above, or downgrade ODBC. ...

How to connect MS Access with ODBC
Hi all, I am meeting a big problem. I try to use Perl to connect MS Access database from a remote machine . But I can not find a good way. I want use the DSN-less way. I search it from google, and get this example: use DBI; $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:driver=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);dbq=f:\db1.mdb'); My question is how to setup the host name or port number? Like this: $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:driver=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);ServerPort:128.128.110.110;dbq=f:\db1.mdb'); , right? or replace ServerPort with HOST? All of them do not wo...

Web resources about - Access 2000 odbc - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

Deloitte Access Economics report guardedly optimistic for Canberra economy
Canberra's economy has shown some signs of improvement, with a recovery in job gains and the pace of outflow of people to other States looking ...

Canadian Access To U.S. Netflix To End 'In Coming Weeks,' Company Vows 68
... wants to make all its content available everywhere, but that won't be easy. More than a third of Netflix subscribers in English Canada access ...

A proposed bill in New York would force Apple to allow backdoor access to user data, or be fined
A new bill proposed in New York could see that all phone manufacturers be required to implement a way for law enforcement agencies to access ...

Netflix to clamp down on proxy and VPN access
Shutterstock If you have been using a proxy server or VPN to access Netflix or unlock shows that aren’t usually available in your region, then ...

Netflix won’t keep letting proxy users access its catalog
... in more than 190 countries. Unfortunately, not all of Netflixs content is available in every country. Because of this, many users access that ...

Cisco fixes unauthorized access flaws in access points, wireless LAN controllers
CIO Cisco fixes unauthorized access flaws in access points, wireless LAN controllers CIO 20151005 cisco headquarters sign A sign at Cisco ...

Netflix will soon block proxy access to service
The announcement comes just a week after Netflix went live in more than 130 countries, covering almost the entire globe except China.

Cisco fixes access flaws in access points, wireless LAN controllers
Cisco Systems released critical security updates for several products, including access points and wireless LAN controllers, to fix vulnerabilities ...

You May Soon Not Be Able To Access Any International Netflix Content You Want
... has an exclusive, but people in Colombia can watch it on their Netflix. Clever Netflixers have long employed various workarounds to access international ...