Hi All

Does anyone know where I can get the Sybase drivers for
ADO.NET for both versions, 1.1 and 2.0/3.0?

Cheers
Chris Burrell
0
Chris
6/12/2007 1:58:25 PM
sybase.connectivity.adonet 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Chris,

There is no release of ASE ADO.NET Provider 2.0 (I assume you refer to ASE
provider, not ASA - if ASA please port to
sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general).

For the 1.1 Provider:

It is available in the ASE SDK for windows or the PC Client CDRom included
with ASE product.

On the SDK its available as 12.5.1 and 15.0

On ASE PC Client I think 12.5.1 is part of ASE 12.5.X and 15.0 is part of
ASE 15.X

2.0 provider should release sometime this summer - there is a beta program -
look in the sybase.public.connectivity.adonet.beta newsgroup for details

-Paul

<Chris Burrell> wrote in message news:466ea680.5729.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi All
>
> Does anyone know where I can get the Sybase drivers for
> ADO.NET for both versions, 1.1 and 2.0/3.0?
>
> Cheers
> Chris Burrell

0
Paul

[ASP.Net 2.0]
I'm starting to chage a site to ASP.Net 2.0.  I have a couple of 1.1 DataGrids that I wasn't planning to change over for a while while I learned the new controls.ASP.Net 2.0 doesn't display the (cell) borders of the version 1.1 DataGrids.Is there away to get the borders to display?Thanks,Tinker  T. R. Tinker: ASP.Net 2.0 doesn't display the (cell) borders of the version 1.1 DataGrids. do u mean the designer doesnt display it  or its not displayed in the browser ? i think the New Designer doesnt display the styles and maybe its not displayed until...

Running an application (developed in .NET 1.1) with ASP.NET 1.1 or ASP.NET 2.0 by changing IIS settings.
inetmgr > Application properties > ASP.NET Tab. Please let me know / point me to some documentation to know what is the difference between running an application (developed in .NET 1.1) with ASP.NET 1.1 or ASP.NET 2.0 by changing above IIS settings. Hello, If your app is developed in .NET 1.1 you should choose ASP.NET 1.1 in IIS ASP.NET tab. The new features in ASP.NET 2.0 are: New data controls (GridView, FormView, DetailsView) New technique for declarative data access (SqlDataSource, ObjectDataSource, XmlDataSource controls) Navigation controls Master pages Log...

ASP.NET under .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 combined
Main web site is running under .NET 1.1.  New added page is created using VS2005 and .NET 2.0.  Don't work, can't see the new page and I can't migrate the web site to .NET 2.0.  Can I deploy ASP.NET web page on VS2005 for .NET 1.1 application?  If so, of course, how we do that.  Thanks   It looks like you may have 2 problems: Nested, possibly conflicing web.config files -- see the following KB Article. Different versions of ASP.NET running in the same application pool. In IIS, make sure the .NET 2.0 application is assigned to a different application pool ...

Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0
Hi All   Pages that work well on  win xp, asp.net2.0, and  win 2000 asp.net 1.1  computers  fails when the wind 2000 asp.net 1,1  computer is upgraded to asp.net 2.0  Many controls such as textboxs , buttons give this error >>>>Error Rendering Control - B1 An unhandled exception has occurred.RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();   <<<<<< Is windows 2000 incompatible with asp.2.0 ? Is the website using the correct version of the framework? (This can be checked from the ASP.NET tab of ...

ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0 with VS.NET 2003
Hello All, Currently I am using VS.NET 2003 with Framework version 1.1. Now I want to install Framework 2.0 on it. I have downloaded the redistributable package for .NET 2.0. but my existing application is on ASP.NET version 1.1. What am I supposed to do now as I HAVE to install ASP.NET 2.0 in order to complete my task by using new classes in 2.0? What changes will occur in my existing application. Do I need to install VS.NET 2005(with built in 2.0) from CD or the framework 2.0 setup will be enough with VS.NET 2003? Kindly help me in this regard, Thanks ...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

Connect to a Site in ASP.NET 1.1 from a ASP.NET 2.0
Hi Friends  I have a requirement, that i have a Web application running in ASP.NET 1.1  and has a login section to login into the system. Now i have another site built in ASP.NET 2.0 and i have a Login section , now here i have a requirement that when enter the Login details , i have to log into the Web application built in ASP.NET 1.1. Dont get confused , both the sites are of the same Customer, since one buit in .net 1.1 is an extranet application and the site built in 2.0 is just a portal site for the same Customer.  Can anyone suggest me a method to implement the same, ...

.NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 on the same machine
Hi All, I have .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 framework on my machine.  Now, I want to uninstall .NET 1.1 to have more free HD space.  Please tell if I can do it without any trouble for the .NET 2.0? Thank you very much.  Pardon me for a newbie question.  elearner Start > Control Panel > Add remove programs > remove .NET Framework 1.1! Im sure its not taking up that much space tho!? :PDavid Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you -- Hi, Well I don't think it should cause any problem because of them are installed in seper...

.Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0 on the same webserver ?
Hi allCan you run .Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0 on the same webserver ? Does anybody do this currently and does both DNN 3.1.1 and the new dnn 4.0 work ok on this configuration ?/JohanFirstDev AB Affärssystem.net Yes, and Yes.John M. to elaborate a bit on that: yes, if you are using windows server 2003. You can select the .net version on a per application basis, however, you can only use one .net version per application pool. So just put your .net 2.0 applications in a different poolcheers,erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands You can do it on XP Pro, or Windows 2000 Server also, you ...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

.NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 on the same PC
I built my ASP.NET app and built it with .NET 1.1 I installed .Net 2.0 and now it will not function properly. How can I tell my App to use the .NET 1.1? Thanks for any help,Thank youJackxxx What tool are you using to code ASP.NET?Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). The PC i am referring to is my test PC and it has no tools. But I used VS.net 2003 on my development PC. Thank you,Thank youJackxxx Hi, Unfortunately, you can not run two...

coverting from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi All, Currently I'm facing a problem.I have an application that is built on ..net 1.1 using Vs2003.Its performance is so slow.So i want to add some partial updates to the page.How can I execute this in .net 1.1.In .net 2.0 we can use Ajaxtools, But .net 1.1 does't support ajaxtools.How to solve thgis problem.From where can I start?Please help me I'm struck in the middle.PLease forward me any sample codes You have. Thank you Hi, Why are you using VS2003. Convert your aplication in 2005/8 and use AJAX. Regards, Shahaji UThanks and Regards,Shahaji Udar.MCTS,Pune,IN...

Upgrading from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi,We write ASP.NET applications for a large UK organisation for which we have two servers - a dev server and a live intranet server.  I would like to convince management to upgrade the .NET framework from 1.1 to 2.0 (and incidently VS2003 to VS2005).If we install the new version of the dotnet framework, will there be any issues with our existing 1.1 applications?  If so, what will the issues likely to be?Your help is greatly appreciated.Ryan Penfold, Truro, UK. Two versions can coexist, so you shouldn't have any issues. So far we have not had any real issues with asp.net 1.1 and 2.0 existing together or being able to upgrade.  The only issue I would say we had was with Infragistics and FreeTextBox.  they both reference images and javascript files that the Visual Studio stand alone web server can not reference.  I wrote a little about how to overcome this in my Blog, http://professionalaspnet.com/blogs/aspnet_blog/archive/2006/01/04/A_little_Debuggin_Tip.aspx.  Other than that, everything has been real nice.Chris LoveASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications docluv wrote: The only issue I would say we had was with Infragistics and FreeTextBox.  they both reference images and javascript files that the Visual Studio stand alone web server can not reference. Good to know.  But keep in mind that using the "Cassini" web server (stand-alone version) via the File System for web development is only an option...

.net 2.0 v. .Net 1.1
Hi all:Im trying to figure out whether I should begin using 2.0 at this point.  Many people I spoke to have indicated that it may be too soon (for whatever reason-bugs, hosting availibility etc).  Can someone give the pros and cons at this point?  I just learned .net 1.1 and this would be the first time I've ever gone throught this sort of transition.  Also, what was frustrating about 1.1 is that some of the books that first came out had alot of problems with their code working.  Is there an authorotative book out yet with functioning examples?Any help would be ...

Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 .I am trying to port it on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %> Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573   My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.   Can anyone please help me? This is almost certainly a namespace case issue. I can't believe that you have a namespace CONsERT. The FCL is case sensitive, even if VB.NET isn't, so check all of your namespace declarations,...

Browser control opens ASP.Net 2.0 app in ASP.Net 1.1, when IIS setup for 2.0
I have an ASP.Net 2.0 application running on Windows Server 2003.  The application displays properly in Internet Explorer, however, when I use a browser control embedded in a .net form, I get an error and am directed to the Windows Application Event Log.  The following message is logged:------------- Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0Event ID: 1062It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process.-------------The application is setup un...

asp.net 1.1 to asp.net 2.0 converter [vb.net to C# and inline code to code behind ]
I have a asp.net 1.1 site which uses vb.net as the language and code is on the aspx page i.e inline [no class file of pages]Now I wan't it to convert to asp.net 2.0 with code in code behind file and language should be C#.Can there is any such converter to do this task{Previously I use asp2aspx to convert asp site to asp.net 1.1 and also asp.net 2.0.Is there any such tool like to fulfill my requirement  ?} Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U ...

Unhandled Exceptions not firing Application_Error event in Global.asax in migrated asp.net app from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hello fellow developers...We have recently migrated our enterprise level asp.net 1.1 app to asp.net 2.0 using WebApplicationProjects template for VS 2005.The migration went well and the app is fully functional in asp.net 2.0. We have identified and solved quite a few issues.However this one is stumping me. We have an application level error trap for all unhandled exceptions - Application_Error event in Global.asaxThis was working well in v1.1 but does not get fired in v2.0. It seems the error is not bubbling up to the Application_Error event in Global.asaxThe error does get logged on Event l...

Using .NET 1.1 dll in .NET 2.0
I have my old application on Visual Studio 2003, now we are planning to migrate to Visual Studio 2005, so is there a way to use my old dlls as references that were built using .NET Framework 1.1 in a new application that will be built using .NET Framework 2.0? I also have a question regarding the posibility to build code that was written in Visual Studio 2003 environment using .NET Framework 2.0 compiler?Mohammad Abu-AliMicrosoft Certified Professional Hi, Yes you can use your .NET 1.1 dll in your 2.0 app (but the other side is not true) For the last question, there is great chance...

asp.net 2.0 run on .net 1.1
 Hi allI have created a windows application in visual studio 2005 and now when I am trying to install on a system..Its gets installed but when I open the application it says it need .Net framework 2.0 to open....But I have many users of this application so I cannot install .net 2.0 on each n evry end user...Can somebody tell me a way to run this application on .Net framework 1.0 as well plz.....  thanx  You can't if you used any ASP.NET 2.0 code, which VS 2005 produces natively. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that help...

Migrate DataGrid .NEt 1.1 to .NEt 2.0
Hi I has just convert my ASP.NET web application from .NET 1.1 to .NEt 2.0 so far there is no problem but my datagrid seems to be acting really weird my datagrid has 3 columns and have paging enabled. When there is one/two row of data. The paging(which shows us the number of page) seems to have a column span of 1)  If i click on the second row of data.... the paging will have the column span of 3 This does not happen if there is more than 2 data   please go to the link for better clarification http://yingleekit.multiply.com/photos/album/1/work#1 http://ying...

Session Sharing Between .Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0
I want to share session between two .net application depolyed on one server side by side. I have created one application in asp.net 1.0 and other in Asp.net 2.0. Plzzz Help Me Out Give me Some Link So I Can Get Some Knowledge Or Show me Some Sample Application Thanks....  Two different applications cannot share session state between them, regardless of the ASP.NET version.You can share cookies check http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/12/10/432851.aspx Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRememb...

Web resources about - Where is the ADO.NET Sybase driver for .NET 1.1 and .Net 2.0? - sybase.connectivity.adonet

Sybase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sybase was founded in 1984 by Mark Hoffman, Bob Epstein, Jane Doughty and Tom Haggin in Epstein’s home in Berkeley, California. Together, they ...

Data Warehouse, Database Management Software Systems, Mobile Enterprise Solutions - Sybase Inc
Sybase is an industry leader in delivering enterprise and mobile software to manage, analyze and mobilize information for business intelligence, ...

Enterprise Data Management, Analysis and Mobilization Software - Sybase Inc
Sybase is an industry leader in delivering enterprise and mobile software to manage, analyze and mobilize information for business intelligence, ...

Sybase Mobile Workflow 2.1 on the App Store on iTunes
Get Sybase Mobile Workflow 2.1 on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

New BlackBerry COO is ex-Sybase exec Marty Beard
... a new chief operating officer, Marty Beard, recently CEO of cloud customer service company LiveOps and before that an executive at Sybase.

BlackBerry hires sales chief from Sybase
BlackBerry chief executive John Chen is hiring another executive from the ranks of the previous U.S. technology company that he turned around. ...

After Stepping Down as Sybase CEO Last Week, John Chen Joins Silver Lake as Senior Adviser Today
Private equity firm Silver Lake has appointed former Sybase CEO John Chen (pictured here) as a senior adviser. Chen had a long tenure at the ...

Tennis tourney on solid footing, Sybase sponsorship in flux
... with Daily Local Business News, Resources &amp; more in San Jose, California. The tennis tournament known for the last seven years as the Sybase ...

Chen’s BlackBerry Revival Task Mirrors Sybase in 1990s
Fifteen years after saving Sybase Inc. from its death spiral, John Chen is being called upon to revive a beaten-down BlackBerry Ltd.

SAP Loses Sybase’s Chen After Gaining Blueprint for Deals
SAP AG is losing a top executive from Sybase Inc., the largest acquisition in the German software company’s history, after fully integrating ...