C# returns - Client unable to establish a connection

Hi all,
    I have  Adaptive Server Enterprise  Sybase Central ASE Plug-in/
12.5.4
   installed on Vista Enterprise, also I am using VS2005 and C#.
I have build a small C# application with SYBASE on back end.
While running it I' ve got a message:

Sybase.Data.AseClient : Client unable to establish a connection
(Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseException: Client unable to establish a
connection
   at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnectionPool.=E1=9C=80(AseConnection A_0)
   at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnectionPoolManager.=E1=9C=80(String A_0,
AseConnection A_1)
   at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.Open()
   at advanced.Form1.buttonConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in C:\SYBASE\Samples\CSharp\Advanced\Form1.cs:line 433)

Please advise what is wrong, could it be a wrong configuration?

Thanks

Vadim
0
Vladzeem
8/28/2008 9:31:41 PM
sybase.connectivity.adonet 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This sounds like incorrect connection string - what is the host and port of
your ASE?
What does your connection string look like?
Can you connect with the ADO.NET samples included with the ADO.NET Provider?
Or are you using ODBC, OLEDB?  Please provide some details of what you're
doing.

Thanks,

-Paul

"Vladzeem" <vadimzny@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hi all,
    I have  Adaptive Server Enterprise  Sybase Central ASE Plug-in/
12.5.4
   installed on Vista Enterprise, also I am using VS2005 and C#.
I have build a small C# application with SYBASE on back end.
While running it I' ve got a message:

Sybase.Data.AseClient : Client unable to establish a connection
(Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseException: Client unable to establish a
connection
   at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnectionPool.?(AseConnection A_0)
   at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnectionPoolManager.?(String A_0,
AseConnection A_1)
   at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.Open()
   at advanced.Form1.buttonConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in C:\SYBASE\Samples\CSharp\Advanced\Form1.cs:line 433)

Please advise what is wrong, could it be a wrong configuration?

Thanks

Vadim

0
Paul

not connected when I am connected

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
please can you help, when i do my request form i am getting an error. this happens when it is called over the web externally when i launch in visual stuido it works fine, i am local to the smtp server. it is an Exchange 2003 server. It has an address published, i can connect to port 25 with telnet to the dnsname.   I have many different snippets of code i have tried in a bid to get to the root, i think it cant authenticate. i have assigned 3 buttons to different subs for the mail send, noe of which work   A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Hi All,  I have created a FTP client in ASP.net and it's working fine on my local system but when i deployed this code on Public IP(Remote server) it's not working.Code and Exceptions message are give below. public void Login() { if ( this.loggedin ) this.Close(); Debug.WriteLine("Opening connection to " + this.server, "FtpClient" ); IPAddress addr = null; IPEndPoint ep = null; try { this.clientSocket = new Socket( AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp ); addr = Dns.Resolve(this.serve...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am having issues while sending mails using the namespace System.Net.Mail.I keep getting the error as below:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respondThe code works in other remote hosting servers. This error occurs only for this particular server infotechage.com. I found some articles which said increase the timeout, but that does not help me. What may be the reason for this? Please help. I have been working on this issue for the last 3 days but in v...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. with ASP.NET(2.0) The Bank Give Me WebService and say to me to use post method for sending my information. My Transaction State Is Ok But when i call a method of Bank webservice  it give me error   _______My Sample Code ___________ double TA;WebServices.ReferencePayment PaymentWebService = new WebServices.ReferencePayment();string MID = "00229018-45987";string t_strRefNum="*********";double t_lAmount;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) &n...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Background: I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. I have tested my web application at my local machine. Everything just works fine. I have no problem to connect my payment gateway  However, after I have upload all my application code to my hosting company, I cannot check out because my web application cannot connect to the payment gateway And get following errors: " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected...

Return connection to connection pool
Hi, I setup a connection pool with ASE .NET data provider with the following connections string: "Data Source='" + syb_ip + "';" + "Port='" + syb_port + "';" + "UID='" + syb_user_id + "';" + "PWD='" + syb_dec_pwd + "';" + "Database='" + syb_db + "';" + "Max Pool Size=" + max_conn + ";&qu...

unable to connect remote connection
Server Error in '/Dive' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)   this is the error message I found when I run my asp.net application and the connection string as follows: <add key="ConnectionInfo" value="Server=(local);Database=Dive;Trusted_Connection=yes;" /&...

How to connect a Jaguar connection cache from a C/C++ CORBA component
Hi.. All I am using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1 (#36108) running on MS Windows 2000 Professional. I also installed Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise PC Client to connect a remote ASE 12.0 database... I have successfully created a connection cache to the database (Connection cache ping OK)... However, i am in trouble making a C/C++ CORBA component to use this conn cache... I added jagCMGetConnection API to get a connection from available cache as following * ------------------------------------------------------*/ retcode = JagCmGetConnection (&cache, (unsigned char *)"us...

VS2005 IDE: Add Web Refernece. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has fa
 I have published a web service, but cannot connect to it in VS2005.  The Web Methods display, but I then get this error:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond I CAN connect to it outside of VS2005 from IE, Stylus Studio, etc.  /Bob C in GRR Hi  Bob, That might be a problem with proxy. Please try this solution: http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/3871.aspx. Also you can refer to this article: http://msdn.microsoft...

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:PORT"
 Hi all, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:Port"  this is the error i am geeting while sending an email using System.Net.Mail My Code here :MailMessage objMail;        SmtpClient objSMTP;        // Now create the email        objMail = new MailMessage();        objMail.To.Add...

Connection established
Huge problem at the moment: I am connected to the internet via Wifi (NetworkManager) - and Konqueror tells me I am ONLINE in our local library. They run an open network and users need to log in on a special website to get full internet access. As stated, my computer tells me I would be online, but I don�t have any connection (neither via FF, nor via Konqueror). Same applies when connected via Ethernet. Oh, and I�ve already tried to use and change settings with traditional method with ifup... Strange: In my own villa everything works perfect. * ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECTIATED. ...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the
Hi,I am using following to to check DNS is available or not.Try' similarly we can select any server address for bufData miningDim strURL As String = "http://www.directnic.com/whois/index.php?query=" + strDomainNameDim web As New WebClient' byte array to store the extracted bufData by webclientDim bufData As Byte()bufData = web.DownloadData(strURL)' got the bufData now convert it into string formfirstLevelbufData = Encoding.Default.GetString(bufData)' this exception will be fired when the host name is not resolved or any other connection problemCatch ex As System.Net.WebExceptionlblMes.Text =...

Unable to connect to LDAP server on 10.80.10.82: IO::Socket::INET: connect: Connection timed out
Hi, I am getting below error while connecting to LDAP using Net::LDAP->new($ldap{'host'}) I am Using NET::LDAP version-0.43 and perl-5.8.8 Unable to connect to LDAP server on 10.80.10.82: IO::Socket::INET: connect: Connection timed out. Please take me forward. Thanks Inadvance....

SFtp connect
The following Ftp connect to a sftp site has the right port/usrname/password [verified thru filezilla], but when I try to connect via TIDFTP -- I get "Connection Closed Gracefully" upon ftp->Connect();; The ftp properties are below the code. I have no other Indy objects on the form. It ocurred to me that I may need something for sftp. ftp->Connect(); if (ftp->Connected()) { ::Sleep(1); } object ftp: TIdFTP AutoLogin = True Host = 'ftp.dailyaccess.com' Password ='XXXXX' Port = 21 Username = 'charles.leggette' ProxySet...

Web resources about - C# returns - Client unable to establish a connection - sybase.connectivity.adonet

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

Faith: Spirits lift in connection with home
We need to more adequately understand the spirituality of our unique place on earth.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.