ado.net returns client unable to establish connection

using the sybase samples provide with sybase ase 12.5.2
developer edition, and when I go to open the connection i
get the error 'client unable to establish a conection', the
only thing I think it could be is that the xp server and
sysam services. Have got both odbc and oledb drivers
working. However, sql advantage doesn't work. The sybase
ado.net driver is v1.1.327.0.

Anyone got any ideas of the problem. I'm running the windows
version on xp pro with sp2 on a p42.8ghz machine with 756mb
ram and over 8gb hdd free space.
0
Marcusdev
10/21/2005 6:31:45 PM
sybase.connectivity.adonet 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If ODBC and OLEDB are working then teh ADO.NET should work.  Make sure you
are entering the correct hostname and port for connection.  Which sample are
you using?

-pv

<Marcusdev> wrote in message news:43593411.651b.1681692777@sybase.com...
> using the sybase samples provide with sybase ase 12.5.2
> developer edition, and when I go to open the connection i
> get the error 'client unable to establish a conection', the
> only thing I think it could be is that the xp server and
> sysam services. Have got both odbc and oledb drivers
> working. However, sql advantage doesn't work. The sybase
> ado.net driver is v1.1.327.0.
>
> Anyone got any ideas of the problem. I'm running the windows
> version on xp pro with sp2 on a p42.8ghz machine with 756mb
> ram and over 8gb hdd free space.

0
Paul
10/21/2005 10:47:02 PM
To get SQLADV to work, try renaming the executable and help file to any
other name. This is an unrelated problem, however.

-- Jeffrey
<Marcusdev> wrote in message news:43593411.651b.1681692777@sybase.com...
> using the sybase samples provide with sybase ase 12.5.2
> developer edition, and when I go to open the connection i
> get the error 'client unable to establish a conection', the
> only thing I think it could be is that the xp server and
> sysam services. Have got both odbc and oledb drivers
> working. However, sql advantage doesn't work. The sybase
> ado.net driver is v1.1.327.0.
>
> Anyone got any ideas of the problem. I'm running the windows
> version on xp pro with sp2 on a p42.8ghz machine with 756mb
> ram and over 8gb hdd free space.

0
Jeffrey

C# returns
Hi all, I have Adaptive Server Enterprise Sybase Central ASE Plug-in/ 12.5.4 installed on Vista Enterprise, also I am using VS2005 and C#. I have build a small C# application with SYBASE on back end. While running it I' ve got a message: Sybase.Data.AseClient : Client unable to establish a connection (Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseException: Client unable to establish a connection at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnectionPool.=E1=9C=80(AseConnection A_0) at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnectionPoolManager.=E1=9C=80(String A_0, AseConnection A_1) at Sybase.Data.AseClie...

Recycling connections in a ADO.Net connection pool
I have a requirement where I will need to get a handle on the existing connections in a particular ADO.Net connection pool (identified by the unique connection string) and close and open them one by one. This is because whenever we compile a package or stored procedure, ADO.Net does not realise this and keeps giving "Package is invalid" error. I am using ODP.Net Client 9.2.0.4. The current solution is to restart the application pool to flush the connection pool. Does anyone know how to get a list of all connection objects in the ADO.Net connection pool given a connection stri...

Client unable to establish a connection
Hello, I'm trying to create ODBC connection to an ASE developer edition database (ASE 15.0). I'm using the "Adaptive Server Enterprise" ODBC driver (C:\sybase\DataAccess\ODBC\dll\sybdrvodb.dll). When I try to connect I get this error: 30012-SQLSTATE = 08001 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Client unable to establish a connection I get the same error when trying to create a DSN in the ODBC Administrator (via the Test Connection button). Here is my connection string: ConnectString='Driver={Adaptive Server Enterprise};server=SHARESE-PC;port=5000;db=DBOne;uid...

not connected when I am connected

Access DB Connection using ASP.Net
Hello,I am unable to get a connection to my MS Access (2000) DB using ASP.NET. My host (GoDaddy), unfortunately, has not been very helpful with me in resolving this. I've been told I have to use Server.MapPath. I've also read that I need a DSN Connection. I'm new to this, so I'm a bit confused...here's the code I'm testing.<script runat="server">     Sub Page_Load()            Dim objConn As OleDbConnection            Dim objCmd As OleDbCommand   ...

Return connection to connection pool
Hi, I setup a connection pool with ASE .NET data provider with the following connections string: "Data Source='" + syb_ip + "';" + "Port='" + syb_port + "';" + "UID='" + syb_user_id + "';" + "PWD='" + syb_dec_pwd + "';" + "Database='" + syb_db + "';" + "Max Pool Size=" + max_conn + ";&qu...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
please can you help, when i do my request form i am getting an error. this happens when it is called over the web externally when i launch in visual stuido it works fine, i am local to the smtp server. it is an Exchange 2003 server. It has an address published, i can connect to port 25 with telnet to the dnsname.   I have many different snippets of code i have tried in a bid to get to the root, i think it cant authenticate. i have assigned 3 buttons to different subs for the mail send, noe of which work   A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly...

Connect to LAN (Was connect to NET)
Almost time for a new header, the old was getting too long and the focus is now different. So .... Story so far - Mepis 6 - setting LAN IP would upset external site addressing but the ISP hung in there without dropping the line. I have, at last, succeeded in connecting to the web via dial up AND keeping it running while seeing a LAN. I can't point directly to what I did but I did keep notes along the way as to what NOT to touch. Call it pure luck, deft fingerwork, incantations and imprecations. Next problem - 5 PC's. (5 Machine names) A, B, C, D, E. (4 are Win XP...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am having issues while sending mails using the namespace System.Net.Mail.I keep getting the error as below:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respondThe code works in other remote hosting servers. This error occurs only for this particular server infotechage.com. I found some articles which said increase the timeout, but that does not help me. What may be the reason for this? Please help. I have been working on this issue for the last 3 days but in v...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Background: I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. I have tested my web application at my local machine. Everything just works fine. I have no problem to connect my payment gateway  However, after I have upload all my application code to my hosting company, I cannot check out because my web application cannot connect to the payment gateway And get following errors: " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Hi All,  I have created a FTP client in ASP.net and it's working fine on my local system but when i deployed this code on Public IP(Remote server) it's not working.Code and Exceptions message are give below. public void Login() { if ( this.loggedin ) this.Close(); Debug.WriteLine("Opening connection to " + this.server, "FtpClient" ); IPAddress addr = null; IPEndPoint ep = null; try { this.clientSocket = new Socket( AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp ); addr = Dns.Resolve(this.serve...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. with ASP.NET(2.0) The Bank Give Me WebService and say to me to use post method for sending my information. My Transaction State Is Ok But when i call a method of Bank webservice  it give me error   _______My Sample Code ___________ double TA;WebServices.ReferencePayment PaymentWebService = new WebServices.ReferencePayment();string MID = "00229018-45987";string t_strRefNum="*********";double t_lAmount;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) &n...

unable to connect remote connection
Server Error in '/Dive' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)   this is the error message I found when I run my asp.net application and the connection string as follows: <add key="ConnectionInfo" value="Server=(local);Database=Dive;Trusted_Connection=yes;" /&...

Web resources about - ado.net returns client unable to establish connection - sybase.connectivity.adonet

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...