ado.net or/and datawindow.net

Hi,

Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible
with each other.

We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using
ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio
..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that
develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work
is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use
a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports
available on the web through asp.net

Thanks
Germano

0
Germano
11/1/2004 7:55:26 PM
sybase.connectivity.adonet 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

you might want to post it on sybase.public.datawindow.net

The DW.NET technology internally uses PB runtime and therefore can use only
the drivers supported by PB runtime. PB development team was working on
adding support for ADO.NET but I am not sure what version it is.

HTH,

Ashish

"Germano" <gsilva3891@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible
> with each other.
>
> We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps
using
> ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual
Studio
> .NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that
> develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their
work
> is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could
use
> a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports
> available on the web through asp.net
>
> Thanks
> Germano

0
Ashish
11/2/2004 5:30:04 PM
You will probably get better answers in the DW.NET newsgroup...
Currently DW>NET does not support ADO.NET but this is being finalized for
the next release.

> Hi,
>
> Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible
> with each other.
>
> We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps
using
> ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual
Studio
> .NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that
> develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their
work
> is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could
use
> a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports
> available on the web through asp.net
>
> Thanks
> Germano

0
Ashish

ASP .NET connect to MySQL using ADO .NET...?
Hi guys,Need some advice here as I am new to ASP .NET and ADO .NET. I am currently using MySQL .NET Connector to connect to MySQL database using ASP .NET. I came across this ADO .NET provided by Microsoft which also can connect to a database. Hence,1) Is this the correct manner in terms of technology usage?ASP .NET <-> ADO .NET <-> MySQL DB2) Is there any samples to show such a usage? I search the forums, it seems like there isn't anyone using this manner to connect.Thanks.regards,Aldrick Dont know what version of ASP.NET you are using.  This sample is in 1.1 : http://...

ASP.NET/ADO.NET/VB.NET Books
Can anyone suggest a good book(s) on ASP.NET, ADO.NET and VB.NET, I have familiar ASP 2.0 and have used VB 6 a few times, so I’m a total newbie, to this type of thing. Thanks Jason One free place to start is the Quickstart tutorials. They are available on the tutorials tab on this website. The best "starting out" book, IMO, is still "ASP.NET Unleashed", by Stephen Walther. This gives you an excellent introduction to all of the essentials. From there, it would depend on your needs. BTW - there is a "Book Review" forum within the ASP.NET Forums t...

ADO.net, Connected or Disconnected mode? What is better in ASP.net
Can anyone explain the advanteges and pitfalls of using connected or disconnected mode in ASP.net? I always thought that connected mode was the way to go in ASP.net, because objects such as datasets don't persist while you browse to other pages. A guy I work with claims that he uses disconnected mode, and only makes two trips to the server, the first is when he fills a dataset when the application loads, and the other when he saves the changes. He says that he can browse to multiple pages in his application and use the same dataset, and it will retain any changes done along the way, and he d...

Connecting to ASA 9 through network with ADO.NET in VB.NET
Hi, I'm having trouble connecting to an Adaptive Server Anywhere database with the ADO Provider "ASAProv" with client computers. It works perfectly when the application is in the same computer as the database server. But when I try to connect to it from another machine, this machine opens a new ASA Database server and cannot access the database because its being used by the first computer. My connection string is Provider=ASAProv; UID=dba; PWD=sql; ServerName=GUS; DatabaseName=LCMS2; AutoStop=No; DBF=\\Gustavo\DB\LCMS2.DB How can I tell the application to use ASA ...

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

How do I connect to SAW 5.5 with VB.NET/ADO.NET?
I want to connect to a SQL Anywhere 5.5 database running on a W2K Pro server, using VB.NET and ADO.NET. Here's how I connect to MS SQL Server with VB.NET and ADO.NET: gstrADOConnectionString = "Data Source=" & gstrServerName & ";" & _ "Initial Catalog=" & gstrDatabase & ";" & "Integrated Security=SSPI;" & _ "Connect Timeout=" & Convert.ToString(gshoADOConnectTimeout) Example: Data Source=PSI_Dell;Initial Catalog=BRM;Integrated Security=SSPI;Connect Timeout=60 Here's how I did it...

problems with connections to access via ADO.NET in VS.NET
For anyone familiar with this book, I am having trouble with some code in Chris Payne's "SAMS Teach Yourself ASP.NET in 21 Days", which calls for me to use ADO.NET to connect to an Access database I had to create for the "In Review" project after the second week. The code goes like this (within the first subroutine): dim Conn as new OleDbConnection("Provider= Microsoft.Jet.4.0; Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TYASPNET\banking.mdb") Now I've tried this, along with setting up a connection through the server explorer in Visual Studio.NET. When I go to run the page, I...

ASP.NET + ADO.NET + VB.NET: Book recommendation?
I’m new to ASP.NET, but not to ASP.  I’m also new to most things .NET, but have worked with VB and databases quite a bit up through VB6.  Since then my programming has been in hibernation.  Anyway, I need to build a new corporate website using ASP.NET and VB.NET.  It will be heavily database driven using SQL Server (ADO.NET).  I have bought a couple of books, but still haven’t found one that I feel is going to get me what I need.  I need something that focuses on database-driven web-based applications using ASP.NET.  Most ASP.NET books kind of brush ov...

ADO in VB6 vs ADO.NET in VB.NET
I am writing a database interface and I would like to know whether a VB6 interface using ADO or a VB.NET interface using ADO.NET would be faster in terms of just performing database operations. Is there an explanation for this, and what is the magnitude of the difference? Thanks in advance!...

Datawindow.Net in ASP.Net
It is a Power builder to ASP.Net migration project. As per my analysis, the PBL should be mapped to the datawindow.net control to get the functionality of the existing PB datawindow and can convert the PB code to .net code. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I would like to know whether we can use datawindow.net control without PBL just like datagrid. In datagrid we could bind the dataset as a datasource and populate the records. Is this possible using datawindow.net? Datawindow is nothing but it stores queries/stored proecedures. Incase i want to change the queries after mi...

ASP.NET Open Session In View Pattern versus ADO.NET Connection Pooling
Hello, Is there a point in using the Open Session In View Pattern, where a connection to a database is open at the BeginRequest event and closed at the EndRequest event, so that it is already open when the web application needs it? I'm asking this because we are told that ADO.NET connections are pooled, so there are always N open connections to pick from. Thanks! Ricardo Peres     Hi RicardoPeres, The connection pool is enabled by default. It'll create a connection pool since the first connection to database. I don't think need to involve it manually. Ple...

ADO.NET connection not working 100% in DataWindow Designer
This may be specific to MS SQL Server but... I specified "Trusted Connection" on the "Database Profile Setup" popup but that seems to have no affect on the connection string. I tried adding "Integrated Security=SSPI" to the "Extended" box but that has no affect either. In the preview screen, I would expect to see these things to change the connection string but it does not. Testing the connection yields an authentication error. The connection works if I use a non-trusted connection but that's not really an option for me. There i...

online Projects ? ( asp.net(c#),VB.net,MSSQL,ADO.net)
Could someone please suggest where I can get projects online ?Projects based on asp.ent ( c#),VB,net,MSSQL,ADO.net.any help is greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if you meant projects as in jobs, so I've approved this thread here instead of the Jobs forum. If that's what you really meant, please repost in the Jobs forum. You can see download such projects at places like GotDotNet, CodePlex, and CSharp Open Source Directory.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question yes, i meant projects as in jobs. I am a newbie so wanted to ...

What is the relation between Asp.net, C#.net ,ADO.net, SQL in web Building
Dear Developers Hi I am A beginner web developer I stared studying of development applications & languages and I finished HTML, JavaScript, IIS but I don't have a couch so I can't determine what i need to continue.I need to know the roles of ASP.net, C#.net, ADO.net, SQL in the web building process and how they work together and what exams I have to cross to be a certified web developerMy RegardsKhaled Elwakeel  Khaled , Welcome to the world of Web Programming, Web programming is different ball game ( HTTP Request, HTTP Response, HTTP handlers , MIME types, HTTP...

Web resources about - ado.net or/and datawindow.net - sybase.connectivity.adonet

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo