'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.DriverVersion' threw an exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException'

'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.DriverVersion' threw an exception
of type 'System.TypeInitializationException'

This is an error which I am getting while instantiating AseConnection.
Can I get help on this exception. I am using C# in Visual Studio 2005.
I checked the version in the C:\Program
Files\Sybase\OC12_5_1\ADO.NET\dll folder of Sybase.Data.AseClient.dll
and sybdrvado11.dll and copied these dlls to my application's bin
folder. The versions are the same. Still I am getting the above
exception.

0
Rishi
9/15/2006 9:38:41 AM
sybase.connectivity.adonet 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Whats this code look like?  Are you sure both DLLs are same version?

"Rishi" <rishikesh.misra@gmail.com> wrote in message
> 'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.DriverVersion' threw an exception
> of type 'System.TypeInitializationException'
>
> This is an error which I am getting while instantiating AseConnection.
> Can I get help on this exception. I am using C# in Visual Studio 2005.
> I checked the version in the C:\Program
> Files\Sybase\OC12_5_1\ADO.NET\dll folder of Sybase.Data.AseClient.dll
> and sybdrvado11.dll and copied these dlls to my application's bin
> folder. The versions are the same. Still I am getting the above
> exception.

0
Paul
9/15/2006 5:59:02 PM
Opps - ok - so what version are they exactly and please post code snippet.

-pv

"Rishi" <rishikesh.misra@gmail.com> wrote in message
> 'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.DriverVersion' threw an exception
> of type 'System.TypeInitializationException'
>
> This is an error which I am getting while instantiating AseConnection.
> Can I get help on this exception. I am using C# in Visual Studio 2005.
> I checked the version in the C:\Program
> Files\Sybase\OC12_5_1\ADO.NET\dll folder of Sybase.Data.AseClient.dll
> and sybdrvado11.dll and copied these dlls to my application's bin
> folder. The versions are the same. Still I am getting the above
> exception.

0
Paul

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.
When I click the sort hyperlink, I got this error mesg: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.  in line 5.How do I fix this? Thanks. 1 Protected Sub GVCRlisting_Sorting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewSortEventArgs) Handles GVCRlisting.Sorting 2 GridViewSortExpression = e.SortExpression 3 Dim pageIndex As Integer = GVCRlisting.PageIndex 4 5 GVCRlisting.DataSource = SortDataTable(GVCRlisting.DataSource, False) 6 GVCRlisting....

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.
what is my problem? I'm working with GridView for sorting The error message is that "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataView' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'".... Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = GridView1.DataSource How can I change the code above?   Well let's see, if your DataSource is a DataView, you can get its associated DataTable object using the .Table property: Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = GridView1.DataSource.Table or in a land of strict typing:  Dim m_DataTable As DataTable = CType(GridView1.DataSource, System.Data.DataView).Table   Hope tha...

'ds.SqlCacheDependency' threw an exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException'
Hi guys, As a follow up on my previous question: http://forums.asp.net/t/1336003.aspx I would like to know if any of you have an answer to the problem with the SqlCacheDependency throwing an System.NotSupportedException when trying to update using an AccessDataSource? Thanks :) /Ole   Since the SqlCacheDependency is not supported by Access, any attempt to make use of it through an AccessDataSource control will result in a NotSupportedException: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.accessdatasource.sqlcachedependency.aspx.  The mystery is why ...

convert type 'System.Data.DataSet' to 'System.Data.DataTable'
 I got this error  : Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Data.DataSet' to 'System.Data.DataTable' i have written code like thisDataTable dt = new DataTable(); dt = GetGalleryImages(name); Possibly coz GetGalleryImages returns a dataset and not a datatable? Try: DataSet ds = GetGalleryImages(name); what type does GetGalleryImages return?  If this returns a dataset then you will have to change datatable to dataset, then index the table of the dataset.Please mark as answer if you find helpful.Ustes G....

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.Common.DataRecordInternal' to type 'System.Data.DataRowView'.
Hi... I have a ListView which is nested in the ItemTemplate of another ListView. If a "status" value in the inner ListView = 1, then I'd like to hide the "Add to cart" link. However, the inner ListView's ItemDataBound event results in the error: "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.Common.DataRecordInternal' to type 'System.Data.DataRowView'." I've thoroughly searched the forums, but have not found a solution to this seemingly straightforward problem. Here is the code; the error occurs at line 8. 1 protected void L...

Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Data.DataTable' to 'System.Data.Dataset'
I am using an excel spreadsheet as a data source to build a dataset which is then used to populate a grid:  I am getting the following error: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Data.DataTable' to 'System.Data.Dataset' Here's my code:private DataSet GetData(String description, String mpnumber, String link) { //MPData will represents the Data in Application Cache. We will use Cache Data //for performance purposes, because MP Information will not change often. I choose // to also use Dataset Filtering instead of SQL Server Filtering. However the DataAccess l...

Error: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'System.Data.DataSet' because 'System.Data.DataSet' does not contain a definition for 'GetEnumerator', or it is inaccessible
I am getting error on this line DataSet dsdata=new DataSet(); SQL="Seelct * from tablename"; //dsdata contains result of the above query foreach(DataRow dr in dsdata) //This line gives error Error: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'System.Data.DataSet' because 'System.Data.DataSet' does not contain a definition for 'GetEnumerator', or it is inaccessible DataSet dsdata=new DataSet(); SQL="Select * from tablename"; //dsdata contains result of the above query foreach(DataRow dr in dsdata.Tables[0].Rows) //This ...

Length = 'requestStream.Length' threw an exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException'
 I cannot figure out why when I expand the requestStream variable that I see that error.  Here's my code:   ... request.Timeout = 30000; request.Method = "POST"; request.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"; // write data to stream byte[] requestBytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(request.ToString()); using (Stream requestStream = request.GetRequestStream()) { requestStream.Write(reque...

Error type 'System.Data.DataTable' to type 'PRODUCT_LISTDataTable'
I can't figure this one out. I created new solution in vs2005 from using vs2003 and I have a problem I can't find an answer to. I get the following error that relates to passing a system.data.datatable to a dataset.datatable named "ProductList.PRODUCT_LISTDataTable".  It says it can't cast the object from one type to the other, and I've tried "CType" and doesn't work. Error: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataTable' to type 'PRODUCT_LISTDataTable'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trac...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'System.Data.DataView'.
I am tring to retieve a single node from my BLL code which retrieve one instane of Repot object:DataView dv = (DataView)objBoutPrep.Select();I am getting error:Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'System.Data.DataView'. The BLL code returns onle one object and not a list of objects.Please help Client code: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="objBoutPrep" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetRByID" UpdateMethod="UpdateT" TypeName="MB.K.BLL.G.Report"> <SelectParameters> <asp:Query...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'System.Data.DataRowView'
Hi, I am having this problem: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'System.Data.DataRowView'I have two repeaters: One is for a list of terms and the other show the definition. What I am trying to do is, highlight the selected term.Here is the relevant code which has this error:private Color SetButtonBackColor(object dataItem){ Response.Write("<br />In SetButtonBackColor Function"); Response.Write("<br>dataItem in SetColor is: " +(string)((DataRowView)dataItem)["TermIndex"]); string _initial =  (string) ((DataRowView)dataItem)["TermIndex"]; &n...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Web resources about - 'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.DriverVersion' threw an exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException' - sybase.connectivity.adonet