bcp in help : cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error:

can some one give a work around for this bcp data file. I'm having problem
to import/bcp in to the table due to some bad data I guess. Thanx

C:\>bcp prod1..table1 in d:\et\input.txt -c -t"," -Usa -P -S<server>
Starting copy...
CSLIB Message:  - L0/O0/S0/N36/1/0:
cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The result is
truncated
because the conversion/operation resulted in overflow.
1000 rows sent to SQL Server.
2000 rows sent to SQL Server.
CSLIB Message:  - L0/O0/S0/N36/1/0:
cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The result is
truncated
because the conversion/operation resulted in overflow.
CSLIB Message:  - L0/O0/S0/N24/1/0:
cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The
conversion/operation
 was stopped due to a syntax error in the source field.

0
Nasir
6/11/2002 2:55:02 PM
sybase.ase.upgrades+migration 687 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Also, I want to add, if I have a column 30 character long, can I only bcp
out 20 characters of this column, truncating some trailing characters  ?

"Nasir" <nmajeed@prosrm.com> wrote in message
> can some one give a work around for this bcp data file. I'm having problem
> to import/bcp in to the table due to some bad data I guess. Thanx
>
> C:\>bcp prod1..table1 in d:\et\input.txt -c -t"," -Usa -P -S<server>
> Starting copy...
> CSLIB Message:  - L0/O0/S0/N36/1/0:
> cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The result is
> truncated
> because the conversion/operation resulted in overflow.
> 1000 rows sent to SQL Server.
> 2000 rows sent to SQL Server.
> CSLIB Message:  - L0/O0/S0/N36/1/0:
> cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The result is
> truncated
> because the conversion/operation resulted in overflow.
> CSLIB Message:  - L0/O0/S0/N24/1/0:
> cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The
> conversion/operation
>  was stopped due to a syntax error in the source field.

0
Nasir
6/11/2002 3:01:50 PM
Nasir wrote:

> Also, I want to add, if I have a column 30 character long, can I only bcp
> out 20 characters of this column, truncating some trailing characters  ?

	If you are on a recent version of ASE, you can bcp from a view.
	Define the view to select with a convert or trim on your target
	field to change its size.

-am	� 2002
0
Anthony
6/12/2002 10:31:43 AM
Nasir wrote:

> can some one give a work around for this bcp data file. I'm having problem
> to import/bcp in to the table due to some bad data I guess. Thanx
>
> C:\>bcp prod1..table1 in d:\et\input.txt -c -t"," -Usa -P -S<server>

	Try using an error file to see if you can trap the row. It may
	be the your separator exists in one of the columns as data.

-am	� 2002
-1
Anthony

BCP error: cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error
On AIX, I am trying to BCP into a Sybase 11.5 server, data that was unloaded using BCP on Sybase 10 server and get the following msg: CSLIB Message: - L0/O0/S0/N24/1/0: cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The conversion/operation was stopped due to a syntax error in the source field. Can anyone help me with this problem? I read somewhere in this newsgroup that EBF 8060 will fix this problem. Has anyone tried out this EBF? Will it work for Sybase on AIX? Thanks I. Kassam Hi, I'm answering this post for the sake of the archive. Most likely t...

Why?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C57265.CDDC7E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I execute the UPDATE command appears the following error ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in truncation. VERSION Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 12331 ESD#1/P/Sun_svr4/OS = 5.8/ase1253/1900/64-bit/FBO/Tue Jan 25 08:52:58 2005=20 Thanks. Romulo Igor RGS / BRASIL GOODCARD.com.br ------=_NextPart_000_0...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi all, I'm using ASE 11.9.2, and I often getting this timeout message(CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.) when I try to log on using isql or sybase central. We are testing with a lot of users and connect to a lot of remote databases using CIS. I can't even log on to shutdown the server. When I issue an netstat -a | grep port number that sybase listening, I get a report like this. datanet1.10032 datanet1.47437 32768 0 32768 0 CLOSE_WAIT datanet1.10032 datanet1.47...

ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in an overflow
Hi, I have a SQLCA connection object to a ASE 12.0 Server. The following SELECT results in an error: ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in an overflow The same SELECT in SQL Advantage works perfect. sz_uses_zontalk_1 = "" sz_uses_zontalk_2 = "" ls_TerminalId = sz_terminal_id SELECT ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1,''), ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2,'') INTO :sz_uses_zontalk_1, :sz_uses_zontalk_2 FROM dba.tab_terminal WHERE dba.tab_ter...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL Try increasing the retry_attempts and delay_interval parameters in the interfaces file. Make sure the IP address or hos...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1 on DG/UX, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

Are there any common errors / issues related to using the dump/load strategy vs. sqlupgrade utility for upgrade/migration to ASE 15.x (from ASE 12.5.x)?
Are there any common errors / issues related to using the dump/load strategy vs. sqlupgrade utility for upgrade/migration to ASE 15.x (from ASE 12.5.x)? Hi everyone, I've been reading posts on this discussion thread to try to see if I can find any disadvantage of using the dump/load strategy vs. using the sqlupgrade utility (i.e. common errors / issues). I noticed that some have run into errors after the upgrade/migration when using system stored procedure(s). So this sparked a few questions... 1) Is one upgrade/migration strategy prone to more errors and issues than ...

ERRMSG cs_convert: cslib user api layer
Hi What is this error message ?? Apr 21 00:18:25 2003: spid 4: ERRMSG , CS-LIB error 54, layer 2, origin 4, severity 1: cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: Warning: The non-map replacement character is used in destination because some characters can not be converted. Apr 21 00:18:25 2003: spid 4: ERRMSG , CS-LIB error 54, layer 2, origin 4, severity 1: cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: Warning: The non-map replacement character is used in destination because some characters can not be converted. Apr 21 00:18:25 2003: spid 4: ERRMSG...

Why does a simple select query in Microsoft Access return the error [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has
I have applied the information from support document 10447954 but that does not solve the problem. I am running a simple select query with one criteria from one table. Thanks. ...

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
We are experiencing intermittent, unexplained errors with the following text: "ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." There are absolutely no errors in the error log when these errors occur. Our server is accessible immediately before and after, but the various components cannot connect when these split-second errors occur. Here is our current version info: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.0.0.1/P/SWR 9264 ESD 3/Sun_svr4/OS 5.6/1629/32bit0 Fingers are pointing at me and the database ("Hey, I can't connec...

cs_objects: cslib user api layer: external error: 08003 Connection exception -- Connection does not exist.
I have an embedded SQL/C program which does a periodic COMMIT. However, at each COMMIT I get the following error: cs_objects: cslib user api layer: external error: 08003 Connection exception -- Connection does not exist. If I comment out the COMMIT, the program successfully retrieves data. So it appears the connection is actually lost at the time the COMMIT executes. Has anyone seen this type of error? Hello, Is this ESQL/C program multithreaded? If so, did you compile the application with the "CONNECTIONS_ARE_SHARED_ACROSS_THREADS" macro defined? http:/...

dbremote error
ASA version: 7.0.198 ASE: Sybase 12.0 on unix When executeing the ssremote, we found the following error in the ssremote log, any idea? CTLIB Failure 01010132: ct_command(): user api layer: external error: The connection has been marked dead. Thanks During which ssremote phase does this error get reported? (i.e. is it while applying msg's, scanning the log or sending?) Is it reproducible? What is reported in the ASE error log? ssremote connects to ASE via Open Client. You should start troubleshooting this as a normal Open Client connection issue as well. The f...

Web resources about - bcp in help : cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: - sybase.ase.upgrades+migration