ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1

We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX
4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3.  We are also using Rep
Server 12.1 with these two servers.  My question is do I
need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server
Work with ASE 12.5.

Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Troy
0
Troy
8/18/2003 7:45:03 PM
sybase.ase.upgrades+migration 687 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes,
and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime
they are restarted.  Our production system has been running that way for
about year or more.

<Troy> wrote in message news:3f412cbf.4354.846930886@sybase.com...
> We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX
> 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3.  We are also using Rep
> Server 12.1 with these two servers.  My question is do I
> need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server
> Work with ASE 12.5.
>
> Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well.
>
> Any advice is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Troy

Are both your Primary Server and Replicate Server 12.5 and
just your Repserver and Rep Agent 12.1?  I just need
clarification.

Troy

> It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the
> 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out
> annoying error/warning messages everytime they are
> restarted.  Our production system has been running that
> way for about year or more.
>
> <Troy> wrote in message
> > news:3f412cbf.4354.846930886@sybase.com... We are
> > planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX
> 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3.  We are also using
> > Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers.  My question is
> > do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1
> > Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5.
> >
> > Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well.
> >
> > Any advice is appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Troy

0
Troy
8/19/2003 5:02:41 PM
yes, all nine
<Troy> wrote in message news:3f425831.7897.846930886@sybase.com...
> Are both your Primary Server and Replicate Server 12.5 and
> just your Repserver and Rep Agent 12.1?  I just need
> clarification.
>
> Troy
>
> > It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the
> > 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out
> > annoying error/warning messages everytime they are
> > restarted.  Our production system has been running that
> > way for about year or more.
> >
> > <Troy> wrote in message
> > > news:3f412cbf.4354.846930886@sybase.com... We are
> > > planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX
> > 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3.  We are also using
> > > Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers.  My question is
> > > do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1
> > > Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5.
> > >
> > > Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well.
> > >
> > > Any advice is appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Troy

Can you post some examples of the error/warning messages for
me to have for reference?

Thanks

> It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the
> 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out
> annoying error/warning messages everytime they are
> restarted.  Our production system has been running that
> way for about year or more.
>
> <Troy> wrote in message
> > news:3f412cbf.4354.846930886@sybase.com... We are
> > planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX
> 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3.  We are also using
> > Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers.  My question is
> > do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1
> > Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5.
> >
> > Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well.
> >
> > Any advice is appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Troy

0