ASE 11.9.2 -> ASE 12.5 Migration over Replication Server?

Hi,

I've heared about the possibility to migrate an ASE (11.9.2->12.5, both
32bit) over the Replication server.

Is it also possible with this solution to increase the page size (old ASE
11.9.2 with 2k -> new ASE 12.5 with 4k)? If yes, could anybody explain me
please how that works?

We've been using Rep. Server only for warm standby.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Marco Stroech

Marco Stroech
Databases
AOL Deutschland � Millerntorplatz 1 � 20359 Hamburg � Germany
+49 (40) 36159-7454 � fax: +49 (40) 36159-7460
voice/fax@aol: +49 (40) 3603-444444
mstroech@aol.com

0
Marco
10/21/2002 9:17:09 AM
sybase.ase.upgrades+migration 687 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ASE Migration From ASE 11.5.1 (NT) to ASE 12.9 on Win2003.
Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above subject? Thank you. ASE 12.9? Currently, no released versions of ASE are certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when it is released later this year. Mark Kusma <Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... > Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on > above subject? > Thank you. Thanks for the info. I would like to know if there's any online documentation on migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1? Do applica...

Upgrading ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5 on Solaris 5.6
Does anyone have problems upgrading ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.0 on Solaris 5.6. I know that are issues with upgrading on Solaris 2.5, but what about Solaris 5.6? Thanks, Hang ...

Upgrade from ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5
we are on solaris 8 and would like to upgrade from 11.9 to 12.5. our dba is left and i need to do this. i very novice in dba skill. can someone give me exact stepps how to do this? i read other post but dont under stand where to start. also what is meaning of inplace upgrade?thanks SybaseDeveloper wrote... > we are on solaris 8 and would like to upgrade from 11.9 to 12.5. > our dba is left and i need to do this. i very novice in dba skill. > can someone give me exact stepps how to do this? i read other post but dont > under stand where to start. also what is meaning of i...

Migration from ASE 11.5 to ASE 12.5
Hello I am planning the migration from Sybase 11.5 to 12.5. Can someone point me to some documentation on the subject? I am particularly interested in documents that explain the best way to migrate database objects (tables, indexes, etc...) and data. Thanks in advance. Jorge Vergara Sispro S.A. Canoas - RS - Brasil jlvergara@sispro.com.br wrote... > Hello > > I am planning the migration from Sybase 11.5 to 12.5. Can someone point > me to some documentation on the subject? > I am particularly interested in documents that explain the b...

Migration from ASE-64 bits 12.5.0.2 to ASE 64 bits 12.5.3 for AIX 5.3
Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to migrate an ASE 12.5.0.2 to ASE 12.5.3 on unix 5.3 ? (64 bits) Thank you kamel wrote: > Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to > migrate an ASE 12.5.0.2 to ASE 12.5.3 on unix 5.3 ? (64 > bits) > > Thank you Apply 12.5.2 IR then 12.5.3 esd 5. -- Jason L. Froebe http://jfroebe.livejournal.com http://www.propsmart.com Team Sybase On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 07:18:22 -0800, kamel wrote: > Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to migrate an > ASE 12.5.0.2 ...

Migration to ASE 12 from ASE 11.5
Hi all, Has anyone out there perormed a migration from ASE 11.5.1.1 to ASE 12 on NT. If so I would be greatful if you could provide information on the following 1. Ease of migration and any issues encountered. 2. Sizes of databases migrated 3. Adopted migration plans - I could not find anything on the Sybase web site. 4. Experiences on ASE 12. Thanking you in advance Puvendran Hi, Yes, I have performed a migration from both v11.5.1 to v12 and from v11.9.2.1 to 12. I have put my responses below each of your questions. -- Andy Price, Sybase Certified Adapt...

ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5.0.3, inplace upgrade issues
Hi We have migrated one of the Sun boxes running ASE 11.9.2 on Solaris 2.8 to ASE 12.5.0.3 ESD#3 . We did a inplace upgrade. The "sqlupgrade" utility did all pre-checks and came out clean and did the migration and it came out with a "Done" message.But it gave a message saying that the server couldnt be brought up, and seeing the error log we have seen the shared memory was a problem and we chaged the value and the server came up fine when we brought it up manually using the 12.5.0.3 binaries. Few issues which are stopping us to proceed further.. Issue 1) T...

Upgrading ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5 on Aix 4.3.3
After migration from ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5, the following error appears when I try to execute a strore procedure : Size of row in the worktable for grouped aggregate, 16542 bytes, exceeds the maximum row size (1962 bytes). Cannot run this query (return status = -6). Is it a bug on ASE 12.5? Why could I run correctly this procedure on the old version? Fabien DUBOIS Fabien DUBOIS wrote: > > After migration from ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5, the following error appears > when I try to execute a strore procedure : > > Size of row in the worktable for grouped aggr...

ASE 12 running with ASE 11.9.2 and RS 11.5
Hi, I have a customer that asks the following question: "Are there any issues running Sybase 32 and 64 bit applications on the same box? What about replication? Is it possible for us to upgrade to 12 repserver and dataserver on our central complex and continue to run 11.5 repserver/11.9.2 dataserver at remotes?" I would think that this configuration would be ok, but I thought I'd better verify it. Thanks, Pat Proft Alliance Support Pat Proft wrote: > Hi, > I have a customer that asks the following question:...

replicate ASE 11.0.3 via R.S. 11.5 to ASE 11.9.2
Has any one successfully replicated from 11.0.3 using Rep Server 11.5 to ASE 11.9.2 using ltm's? We are running on solaris 2.6 using veritas filesystem and keep getting stack traces (this shuts down the connection). I would like to know if anyone else has replicated using these versions or something similar. Thanks. kboniface@worldres.com Yes, I have done this. No specific problems. HTH, Rob -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase ASE 11.5 Administrator (Professional) Certified DBA/Performance...

upgrade from ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12
Hello When we do upgrade of ASE 11.9.2 running on Sun Solaris 2.8 to ASE 12.0 (with latest EBF 9639), the upgrade went smooth without any problems. But when we boot up in the ASE error log we found this message that I was just curious... 00:00000:00001:2001/08/22 11:58:17.61 server Recovering database 'master' 00:00000:00001:2001/08/22 11:58:17.92 server Checking external objects. 00:00000:00001:2001/08/22 11:58:18.08 server Database 'master' is now online. 00:00000:00001:2001/08/22 11:58:18.08 server The transaction log in the database e 'master...

ASE 12.5.2 to ASE 15 Migration
I have a master database with size of 10 MB. When I run preupgrd.exe to check the upgrade validation, exe fails with a note add atleast 7 MB of additional data space !! Its known fact master db cannot grow out of master device, the left option takes both data and log when I use alter database. I re-checked preupgrd.exe to validate the upgrade process again its giving same message (I altered master database to the maximum of 40M from 10 MB) ***ERROR: alter database master to add at least 7 MB of data space. ***ERROR: alter database tempdb to ad...

Migrate ASE 11.5 to ASE 12.5 causes pc-client problem!!
Hi all, I migrated ASE 11.5/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.5.1 to ASE 12.5/SWR 9609 GA/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8 on Sun box. I face problem on win 98 client application, written by VB 4, when it use recordset (DAO 3.0) to update table in ASE 12.5. The problem occure when use ODBC sybase system 10. Error in application is [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]Variable is not allowed in trigger. If I use passthru mode to run the same SQL on ASE 12.5, it is not such an error. Then I try to install 12.5 pc client on that machine but I can not do that because when during the installation proc...

Migration from ASE 11.5 NCR to ASE 11.5 SUN
Hi everybody. I have a question about the migration from ASE 11.5 on NCR to ASE 11.5 on SUN Solaris 2.6. My question is, how can I do the data migration without the use of bcps and DBArtisan? Exists another tool that leave me migrate the data more easy? Thanks, mpacheco@banrural.com.gt wrote... > Hi everybody. > > I have a question about the migration from ASE 11.5 on NCR to ASE 11.5 on > SUN Solaris 2.6. > > My question is, how can I do the data migration without the use of bcps and > DBArtisan? Exists another tool that leave me migrate the data ...

Web resources about - ASE 11.9.2 -> ASE 12.5 Migration over Replication Server? - sybase.ase.upgrades+migration

Replication (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in space , i.e. executed on separate devices, or it could be replicated in time , if it is executed repeatedly on a single device. Replication ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

rsync.net: ZFS Replication to the cloud is finally here—and it’s fast
As friendly of an online advertisement as you'll find. In mid-August, the first commercially available ZFS cloud replication target became available ...

Violin to bring deduplication, replication, other tools to all-flash storage arrays
Violin Memory plans to add deduplication, thin provisioning, snapshots and other features in a software update for its all-flash storage arrays, ...