Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed #2

We are in the process of upgrading from ASE 12.0 to 12.5 on
Solaris.

The client connects and makes connections to 12.5 but after
sometime we see this

Error Message:
State: 08S01 ;
Msg: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error:
Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed
Operating System Error #Socket recv failed - errno 2
Sql State ZZZZZ84083974

Any idea why this error can happen?

Thanks.
0
pp84
11/1/2001 1:03:54 AM
sybase.ase.unix 866 articles. 0 followers. Follow

    Something does not sound correct here. "errno 2" at OS level means
ENOENT, no such file or directory. However "recv" or "read"  on a socket
does not show this error being generated (as per man pages). I will do
some internal checking to see what might be happening here.
Is the error in ASE error log or shows on screen for client? Are you
using ASE 12.5 or ASE 12 open client or different version?

Regards,
Shashi

pp84 wrote:

> We are in the process of upgrading from ASE 12.0 to 12.5 on
> Solaris.
>
> The client connects and makes connections to 12.5 but after
> sometime we see this
>
> Error Message:
> State: 08S01 ;
> Msg: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error:
> Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed
> Operating System Error #Socket recv failed - errno 2
> Sql State ZZZZZ84083974
>
> Any idea why this error can happen?
>
> Thanks.

0
Shashikant
11/1/2001 4:28:51 PM
Using Open Client 12.5 to connect to ASE 12.5. This is a client connection
error and does not show in ASE server log.

This surely is a weird error message that appears in our  connection
library log. Could not find this error message in any documentation.

Also, all our applications use one common connection library to connect to
ASE, and all of them connect without error, except one which does not and
writes this error.

Could it be some socket conflict?
0
pp84

   I will check now. Is this happens every time for this particular
application?

   As I mentioned errno 2 means ENOENT and only though I have is if there is
file in /tmp and it is some how got deleted, but I am not convinced with this
myself yet :-(

Regards,
Shashi

pp84 wrote:

> Using Open Client 12.5 to connect to ASE 12.5. This is a client connection
> error and does not show in ASE server log.
>
> This surely is a weird error message that appears in our  connection
> library log. Could not find this error message in any documentation.
>
> Also, all our applications use one common connection library to connect to
> ASE, and all of them connect without error, except one which does not and
> writes this error.
>
> Could it be some socket conflict?

0
Shashikant
11/1/2001 8:39:52 PM
Yes, this happens everytime for this application. This happens only in ASE
12.5. On ASE 12.0 this application connects fine like other applns.

Thanks for your help.
-Pradyot.
0
pp84

Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed
From time to time we are getting the following message in the server log. Why would that be? TIA. -------------------------------------------------------------- Apr 14 17:01:41 2000: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine net_read() failed in srv_rawread Network error: status = 32 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed ...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed
If somebody has any idea what this error means. I'm just calling ct_connect() and get this error. Dmitry wrote: > > If somebody has any idea what this error means. I'm just calling > ct_connect() and get this error. Search back in this newsgroup to the start of November last year and you'll find a post with the same subject with some follow ups. See if that helps. If not, post back with more information. -am � 2002 ...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed.
Actually, I looked through those messages and didn't find the answer. Here's description of my problem. I'm using some home made C-library to work with Sybase DB. This library uses Open client lib. My code is written in Java and uses JNI calls to the C-library. In this home made library I have function to do connect to Sybase DB. Here's source code. JRN_RC JrnInitAPI(litstring username, litstring password) { CS_RETCODE rc; int status = -999; long SQLCODE = -999; SQLCA sqlCA; if (username == NULL || password == NULL || *username == 0) retu...

Re: Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed
Actually, I looked through those messages and didn't find the answer. Here's description of my problem. I'm using some home made C-library to work with Sybase DB. This library uses Open client lib. My code is written in Java and uses JNI calls to the C-library. In this home made library I have function to do connect to Sybase DB. Here's source code. JRN_RC JrnInitAPI(litstring username, litstring password) { CS_RETCODE rc; int status = -999; long SQLCODE = -999; SQLCA sqlCA; if (username == NULL || password == NULL || *username == 0) retu...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error:...

[...]

Has anyone received this error and if so can you tell me what it means? Thanks, Steve That usually means that a client closed a socket unexpectedly and so when Jaguar tries to write a response, an error occurs. You can usually ignore the message. Allen Steve Fennessey <""steve.fennessey\"@maritz.com NOSPAM> wrote in news:SzbLI83sCHA.198@forums.sybase.com: > Has anyone received this error and if so can you tell me what it means? > Thanks, > Steve > In article <SzbLI83sCHA.198@forums.sybase.com>, Steve Fennessey <"&qu...

win 2000 and TCP entry in syl.ini (ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed)
Hallo, I've get an "ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed" error. I'tried to connect to database (11.9.x) via an entry like: [MyDB] master=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 query=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 The Server and the client running on an Windows2000 machine. If I try to connect from another pc it doesn't work, too. If I connect with NLMSNMP it works fine, but I must have an TCP because I am using JConnect! Thanks, Ralf ...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to register a listener failed ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01BE924A.4E541100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="EUC-KR" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi there, I met following error message in JaguarCTS server log(srv.log). I want to know exact meaning of following messages and how can I fix following problems? Apr 29 13:52:19 1999: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine net_listen(wer.penta.co.kr 9000) failed in srv__start_listeners Network error: status = 23 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to register a listener failed /*---------------...

Net Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed
We have developed an application that uses Open Server Gateway to the SQL Anywhere and the sql.edit is configured correctly but we are having a problem. When connecting for the first time no trouble; connected to database but when we close the application and reopen and try to connect again we are receiving the error message: Net Lib protocol driver connect to two endpoints failed...I am sure that the Sql.edit is the culprit but why can we connect once with no error? Please help. thanks Peggy I forgot to add that if we reboot and then try to connect no problem. But we need to ...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

Calling .NET 2.0 WebService with Delphi (first call fails)
Hello, i have a simple .NET 2.0 Webservice created with VS2008. The webservice contains a method "HelloWorld" that simply returns "Hello world" as string. The method does not need headers to be sent (no authentication and so on) The client is written in D2007 with all updates applied. When i call the service for the FIRST time i get the following exception: Class EDOMParseError with message 'End tag 'ul' does not match the start tag 'p'. Line: 124 '</ul>'. It seems that this comes from an error message tha...

Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0
Hi All   Pages that work well on  win xp, asp.net2.0, and  win 2000 asp.net 1.1  computers  fails when the wind 2000 asp.net 1,1  computer is upgraded to asp.net 2.0  Many controls such as textboxs , buttons give this error >>>>Error Rendering Control - B1 An unhandled exception has occurred.RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();   <<<<<< Is windows 2000 incompatible with asp.2.0 ? Is the website using the correct version of the framework? (This can be checked from the ASP.NET tab of ...

Web resources about - Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed #2 - sybase.ase.unix

Kyoto Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in their carbon dioxide emissions from fuel combustion between 1990 and 2009. For more detailed country/region information, see Kyoto Protocol ...

Nest’s Weave protocol for the connected home now open to third-party developers
Nest Weave, the communications protocol that Nest uses to make its connected home devices talk to each other, definitely isn't new. But as of ...

NAB joins global banks to design 'blockchain' protocols
National Australia Bank has joined 20 global global banks in a trial of technologies based on the "blockchain" that facilitates bitcoin transactions. ...

New attacks on Network Time Protocol can defeat HTTPS and create chaos
... or tamper with Bitcoin transactions, computer scientists warned Wednesday. The vulnerabilities reside in the N etwork Time Protocol , the widely ...

NFL Considering Changes to Officiating Protocol for Playoffs - Bleacher Report
With the NFL officials under the microscope more than ever, the league is contemplating making changes to officiating protocol for the postseason... ...

Case Keenum concussion challenges NFL protocol
Rams quarterback was obviously woozy after his head slammed the ground, but he never missed a play, leading to many questions for NFL

Terrence Jones returns to practice after passing concussion protocol
Rockets forward Terrence Jones returned to practice on Thursday after going through the NBA’s concussion protocol, saying he felt no loss of ...

IDG Contributor Network: OAuth 2.0: The protocol at the center of the universe
I am writing this article on the iPad Mini using the Editorial app. This app is connected to my Dropbox account and automatically synchronizes ...

'Routine,' 'standard,' and 'protocol' for police usually means overkill for black folks
A neighbor sees someone who may be breaking into a home. Civic-minded and filled with neighborly concern, the witness dials 911 and asks police ...

Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
Mentor Graphics has announced its Veloce VirtuaLAB Ethernet environment with support for 25Gb, 50Gb and 100Gb Ethernet. VirtuaLAB is Mentor Graphics' ...