Difference between ASE 12.5.1 Developer's Edition and non-Developer's Edition

I am looking for differences between the free developers
edition of ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE 12.5.1.  I noticed
the OCS-12_5 in the Developer's Edition does not have the
include directory and the lib directory only has the .so
files and not the .a files.
Any help?
0
Chuck
5/21/2004 4:02:05 AM
sybase.ase.unix 866 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
932 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 4

On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:02:05 -0700,  wrote:

> I am looking for differences between the free developers edition of
> ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE 12.5.1.  I noticed the OCS-12_5 in the
> Developer's Edition does not have the include directory and the lib
> directory only has the .so files and not the .a files.

I just downloaded and installed the linux 12.5.1 dev edition. This is the
full GA, and includes all the OCS components.

As far as I can tell there is no difference between the 12.5.1 dev
edition distribution and the normal distribution. The license file is
what actually limits or enables the various features.

Michael
-- 
Michael Peppler                              Data Migrations, Inc.
mpeppler@peppler.org                       http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase T-SQL/OpenClient/OpenServer/C/Perl developer available for short or 
long term contract positions - http://www.peppler.org/resume.html

0
Michael
5/21/2004 5:24:26 PM
> On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:02:05 -0700,  wrote:
>
> > I am looking for differences between the free developers
> > edition of ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE 12.5.1.  I
> > noticed the OCS-12_5 in the Developer's Edition does not
> > have the include directory and the lib directory only
> has the .so files and not the .a files.
>
> I just downloaded and installed the linux 12.5.1 dev
> edition. This is the full GA, and includes all the OCS
> components.
>
> As far as I can tell there is no difference between the
> 12.5.1 dev edition distribution and the normal
> distribution. The license file is what actually limits or
> enables the various features.
>
> Michael
> --
> Michael Peppler                              Data
> Migrations, Inc. mpeppler@peppler.org
>  http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase
> T-SQL/OpenClient/OpenServer/C/Perl developer available for
> short or  long term contract positions -
> http://www.peppler.org/resume.html
>
I compared it to one full licensed install and I noticed the
OCS-12_5 directory did not have the include and only partial
of the lib direcotries.  I tried to build SybPerl against
the Developement Edition and it complained about the CTLibs.
  I will find another full license version and compare that
one.
Thanks for looking at this, Michael.  I have gotten lots of
good stuff from your website and help pages.   People like
you are much needed by us newbies.
0
Chuck
5/30/2004 10:37:57 PM
On Sun, 30 May 2004 15:37:57 -0700,  wrote:

>> On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:02:05 -0700,  wrote:
>>
>> > I am looking for differences between the free developers edition of
>> > ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE 12.5.1.  I noticed the OCS-12_5 in the
>> > Developer's Edition does not have the include directory and the lib
>> > directory only
>> has the .so files and not the .a files.
>>
>> I just downloaded and installed the linux 12.5.1 dev edition. This is
>> the full GA, and includes all the OCS components.
>>

> I compared it to one full licensed install and I noticed the OCS-12_5
> directory did not have the include and only partial of the lib
> direcotries.

I wonder if whoever did the install decided not to install the OCS stuff?

Michael
-- 
Michael Peppler                              Data Migrations, Inc.
mpeppler@peppler.org                       http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase T-SQL/OpenClient/OpenServer/C/Perl developer available for short or 
long term contract positions - http://www.peppler.org/resume.html

0
Michael
6/1/2004 6:24:35 AM
> On Sun, 30 May 2004 15:37:57 -0700,  wrote:
>
> >> On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:02:05 -0700,  wrote:
> >>
> >> > I am looking for differences between the free
> developers edition of >> > ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE
> 12.5.1.  I noticed the OCS-12_5 in the >> > Developer's
> Edition does not have the include directory and the lib >>
> > directory only >> has the .so files and not the .a
> files. >>
> >> I just downloaded and installed the linux 12.5.1 dev
> edition. This is >> the full GA, and includes all the OCS
> components. >>
>
> > I compared it to one full licensed install and I noticed
> > the OCS-12_5 directory did not have the include and only
> > partial of the lib direcotries.
>
> I wonder if whoever did the install decided not to install
> the OCS stuff?
>
> Michael
> --
> Michael Peppler                              Data
> Migrations, Inc. mpeppler@peppler.org
>  http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase
> T-SQL/OpenClient/OpenServer/C/Perl developer available for
> short or  long term contract positions -
> http://www.peppler.org/resume.html
>

I installed the Solaris x86 ASE and then installed the
Solaris ASE for Linux.   The OCS directories had much
different file count.  The Linux version was nicely populted
with the required CTlib stuff of SybPerl.   I was able to
install SybPerl without error on the Linux version but when
i tried it on the Solaris 8 for x86, it failed with CTlib
errors.
0
Chuck
6/4/2004 4:39:45 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

ASE 12.5.1 Developer's Edition licenses
Folks, I've just installed the above and applied EBF 11665. After sorting out some problems, I eventually got the SYSAM service to work. A licenses.dat file has been created with what I guess are the defaults for the dev edition from sybpkg.dat (five packages). I had to run SySAM and enter 1 in all the fields to get the file populated. This causes an error to be stored in lmgrd.log when SYSAM is started 12:18:57 (SYBASE) Invalid license key (inconsistent authentication code) 12:18:57 (SYBASE) ==>INCREMENT 1 SYBASE 1 permanent 1 1 OVERDRAFT=10000 ck=0 SN=1 [...] When a...

Installing ASE 12.5.1 Developer's edition
Hi, My installation of ASE12.5.1 on RH8 is failing at theend when it tries to create the server. It looks like this is being caused by a shared memory configuration problem, which in Solaris was set in the /etc/system file. If this is the same issue, where is that setting in RH linux? Here's what I'm getting in the log file: os_create_region: can't allocate 37445632 bytes kbcreate: couldn't create kernel region kistartup: could not create shared memory On 3 Dec 2003 11:26:17 -0800, in sybase.public.ase.linux Germano <Germano_Silva@Brown.edu> wrote...

ASE 12.5 developer's edition
I've installed ASE 12.5 developer's edition, which I can connect to with Sybase Central as long as I use localhost as the host name. If I try to connect remotely, or use the machine name or IP address locally, it won't let me connect. Is this a feature of the developer's edition? J. Cavanaugh I guess your running wintendo, check the $SYBASE/ini/sql.ni file which hostname/ip is entered -- Joop "The trouble with the concept of time is, there is no such thing as time, there is only an unlimited permutation of now" http://thedominion.cc "J...

ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition?
Hello is there an ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition for Solaris available? I want to simulate a customers environment for development. Kind regrads Michael On Dec 12, 12:07=A0pm, Michael Grimm wrote: > Hello > > is there an ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition for Solaris > available? I want to simulate a customers environment for > development. The completely free version isn't available anymore. I think there is one available from eshop.sybase.com. It's not free, though the cost is fairly low if I remember correctly. Michael Hi, thanks for t...

ase 12.5 developer's edition and mandrake 9
Hi, just downloaded the ase 12.5 developer's edition, can any one give me a quick guide on how to install it? i'm using mandrake 9. thanks. Frank ...

ASE 12.5.2 Developer's Edition: Available?
Folks, Is ASE 12.5.2 Developer's Edition still available? I have followed several links to http://www.sybase.com/ase_1252devel but I get We're sorry, this page is no longer available. I am specifically interested in 12.5.2 for Solaris/SPARC, as that is our main platform at work. Thanks! Eric Try the 15.0 Developer's Edition: http://www.sybase.com/ase_1500devel HTH, Rob ------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0 and Replication Server 12.5 ...

ASE Developer's Edition
Hi Interested to know if there are any plans of releasing ASE 12.5.3a (column encryption) as a developer's edition or will there be an ASE 15.1 developer's edition (which will also have this option, right?) instead? Regards, /Mattias Mattias Hultman wrote: > Hi > > Interested to know if there are any plans of releasing ASE 12.5.3a (column > encryption) as a developer's edition or will there be an ASE 15.1 > developer's edition (which will also have this option, right?) instead? > > > Regards, > /Mattias > > Hi...

Adaptive Server Enterprise NT 12.5.1 Developer's Edition
Hii I would like where I can download Adaptive Server Enterprise NT 12.5.1 Developer's Edition. I'm looking for in ww.sybase.com but I only found the ASE 15 Developer's Edition. thanks roi On Fri, 05 May 2006 05:49:55 -0700, Roi Gallego wrote: > > Hii > > > I would like where I can download Adaptive Server Enterprise NT 12.5.1 > Developer's Edition. > > I'm looking for in ww.sybase.com but I only found the ASE 15 Developer's > Edition. > > thanks > > roi Hi Roi, It is no longer ava...

Developer's Edition 12.5
Can I install the 12.5 developer's edition on XP Pro? XP is only certified on the client side, not for the server. Haven't treid myself, but I have heard people using ASE on XP with no or few problems. Bart Germano wrote: > Can I install the 12.5 developer's edition on XP Pro? ...

ASE 12.5 Developer's Edtion
Hi all! I tried do download ASE 12.5 Dev. Ed. from http://www.sybase.com/ase_125devel But the link does not work: http://crm.sybase.com/sybase/www/ESD/ase_125_dev_download.jsp Does anyone know where i can get it? Thanx Axel ...

12.5.3 Developer's Edition
Does anybody know if there is a 12.5.3 Developer's Edition available? On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:01:32 -0700, Olithia Strom wrote: > Does anybody know if there is a 12.5.3 Developer's Edition available? Download the 12.5.2 Developer Edition, and then apply the latest EBF - this will bring it up to 12.5.3 ESD 3. Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/FAQ/linux.html ...

Why owners of ASE Developer's Edition have no access to the latest drivers and patches?
Hello, I was surprised, that it's not possible to download the latest OLE DB / ODBC drivers for ASE Developer's Edition. At this moment we are choosing an RDBMS for our client for .NET platform development and encounter several serious bugs in Sybase connectivity drivers during testing (stored procedures mostly). Is it possible to get the latest drivers or we should reject Sybase as solution that is not reliable enough for .NET platform ? Best regards, Andrey Lipatkin Andrey You should discuss this with your Sybase rep. There are two forms of ASE Dev Edition - the ...

ASE 15.0.2 Developer's Edition
I ran into an issue with srvbuild which I haven't seen on the forum. Here's a description of the issue and the solution in case anyone else runs into it. My setup is Gentoo, kernel 2.6.22-gentoo-r8, with xorg 7.2, but I suspect this may apply to anyone using more recent versions of xorg. Issue: The ASE software installed without a hitch. Upon launching srvbuild to create a server, I received the following errors: Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfActivate Warning: ... found while parsing ':<Key>osfActivate: Manager...

ASA's 'Current Remote User' equivalent in ASE 12.5 ?
Can someone pls help me find out the equivalent of ASA's 'Current Remote User' in ASE 12.5 This is generally used in replcation confict resolution Thanks Ruta -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Web resources about - Difference between ASE 12.5.1 Developer's Edition and non-Developer's Edition - sybase.ase.unix

Resources last updated: 12/20/2015 12:50:57 PM