Reindexing did not increase Data row/page cluster ratio

I detected a very low derived cluster ratio from two
non-clstrd idx. I tried dropping and re-creating the index.
Flushed statistics and re-ran the optdiag. The cluster
ratios still did not improve. Please what could be the next
thing to do to improve the CR. The table is ALLPAGE.
0
George
10/11/2004 1:26:00 PM
sybase.ase.performance+tuning 2395 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Just a shot-in-the-dark.  Did you check sysindexes.fillfactor for the
indexes and the system-wide fillfactor value?  Max Rows Per Page and
Reserved Page Gap might also be factors.

<George> wrote in message news:416a89e4.7462.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I detected a very low derived cluster ratio from two
> non-clstrd idx. I tried dropping and re-creating the index.
> Flushed statistics and re-ran the optdiag. The cluster
> ratios still did not improve. Please what could be the next
> thing to do to improve the CR. The table is ALLPAGE.

0
Carl
10/11/2004 1:45:38 PM
I dont think that Fillfactor,MRPP,RPGap apply to ALLPAGE
tables.
> Just a shot-in-the-dark.  Did you check
> sysindexes.fillfactor for the indexes and the system-wide
> fillfactor value?  Max Rows Per Page and Reserved Page Gap
> might also be factors.
>
> <George> wrote in message
> > news:416a89e4.7462.1681692777@sybase.com... I detected a
> > very low derived cluster ratio from two non-clstrd idx.
> > I tried dropping and re-creating the index. Flushed
> > statistics and re-ran the optdiag. The cluster ratios
> > still did not improve. Please what could be the next
> thing to do to improve the CR. The table is ALLPAGE.

0
Ferrarri
10/11/2004 2:03:17 PM
I believe that all three apply to all index types.

<Ferrarri> wrote in message news:416a92a3.7545.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I dont think that Fillfactor,MRPP,RPGap apply to ALLPAGE
> tables.
> > Just a shot-in-the-dark.  Did you check
> > sysindexes.fillfactor for the indexes and the system-wide
> > fillfactor value?  Max Rows Per Page and Reserved Page Gap
> > might also be factors.
> >
> > <George> wrote in message
> > > news:416a89e4.7462.1681692777@sybase.com... I detected a
> > > very low derived cluster ratio from two non-clstrd idx.
> > > I tried dropping and re-creating the index. Flushed
> > > statistics and re-ran the optdiag. The cluster ratios
> > > still did not improve. Please what could be the next
> > thing to do to improve the CR. The table is ALLPAGE.

0
Carl
10/11/2004 2:19:57 PM
Did you look at the datapage cluster ration or the index page cluster
ratio?  Remember, an nonclustered index does not order the data - it is
possible that the data is normally skewed and there is not much you can
do about it.  A classic example is that if you have a clustered index on
customer_id and then put a nonclustered index on lastname, firstname
....it is likely that the datapage cluster ratio for the nonclustered
index will be fairly low while the index page cluster ratio would be
fairly high (hopefully).

George wrote:
> I detected a very low derived cluster ratio from two
> non-clstrd idx. I tried dropping and re-creating the index.
> Flushed statistics and re-ran the optdiag. The cluster
> ratios still did not improve. Please what could be the next
> thing to do to improve the CR. The table is ALLPAGE.
0
Jeff
10/12/2004 11:54:31 AM
Which cluster ratio are you measuring?  There are several and only one
of them will be affected by rebuilding a non-clustered index.

--ian

George wrote:
> I detected a very low derived cluster ratio from two
> non-clstrd idx. I tried dropping and re-creating the index.
> Flushed statistics and re-ran the optdiag. The cluster
> ratios still did not improve. Please what could be the next
> thing to do to improve the CR. The table is ALLPAGE.
0
Iann

Improving data row / data page cluster ratio for an index on a DOL table
Hi, Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 12330 ESD#1 I have the following output from optdiag statistics. 1) What is interesting is that the derived statistics for the table itself is high ( DPCR = 0.99, SPU = 0.73, LIO = 0.99 ). But one of its non-clustered index have a low DRCR / DPCR, despite having a high IPCR. So I was wondering what I can do to improve the DRCR and DPCR for the index ? I have done "reorg rebuild table index", but that does not really improve the DRCR or DPCR of the index, but usually improves the IPCR, LGIO, and SPUT for the index. In the ca...

Poor index page cluster ratio; ASE 12.0
I have created a fresh clustered index but dbcc is reporting index page cluster ratio of 0.00. What can I do to improve this? Thanks. In article <EQKn#4KrCHA.287@forums.sybase.com>, Vikas- ramrakhiani@deshaw.com says... > I have created a fresh clustered index but dbcc is reporting index page > cluster ratio of 0.00. > What can I do to improve this? > Thanks. > > Hi, Take a look in the Performance & Tuning Guide (http://sybooks.sybase.com) for "update statistics". You will want to pay special attention to "update statistic...

Can we calculate 'data page cluster ratio' using some system tables ?
We can use optdiag to get data page cluster ratio. Can we calculate 'data page cluster ratio' using some system tables ? Regards Manoj The new (12.5.0.3?) derived_stat (id, indid, ["dpcr" | "drcr" | "ipcr" | "lgio" | "sput"]) function will provide cluster ratios and space utilization values. (Note: the latter will be low except for APL nonclustered indexes.) More details available at: http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-as/asg1251e/blocks/@Generic__BookView <Manoj> wrote in message news:40f7a410.5f96.1681...

How to dig the "block" content in a page (index page | data page) in ASE 15.0.2
Hi, I just want to know the real content in a specified page. Below is some result of an index page. But, is there a way to find the real content in the specified page. 1> dbcc page('iihero', 1288) 2> go Page found in Cache: default data cache. Cachelet: 1 BUFFER: Buffer header for buffer 0x22477000 page=0x22476800 bdnew=0x22CA1C98 bdold=0x22CA1C98 bhash=0x00000000 bmass_next=0x22CA8544 bmass_prev=0x22CA1D1C bdbid=4 bvirtpg= [ 0x22477070 vpgdevno=3 vpvpn=1288 vdisk=0x2141BCEC ] bmass_head=0x22CA1C98 bmass_tail=0x22CA1C98 bcache_desc=0x2...

Data entry page. Multiple rows, ability to edit rows.
I'm working on creating a data entry page that allows the user to input as many records as they want; view them all, edit them, or delete them. In my mind, I picture a set of fields at the top of the page where they enter the data and a table/datagrid/gridview displaying the records they have entered right below that with buttons for editing or deleting. Then before they can submit the records to be written to the database I need to run some error checking. For instance they could be entering a number of transactions, positive and negative integer values, and when add...

Diff between All Pages Locked and Data Pages Locked w/ Clustered Index?
I start with a table with All Pages Locked and a clustered index which naturally gets the magical indid of 1. Then I change the table to Data Pages Locked and recreat the clustered index to learn that it now gets an indid = 2 ?! Is the data still sorted on disk? Is there any difference in behavior between these two types of clustered index? I realize that with Data Pages Locked there are some restrictions with altering tables, but are there any other side effects of putting a table in the mode? Thanks, John JohnL wrote: > > I start with a table with All Page...

How can I display the page row in a gridview
In my gridview, I have paging turned on and the pagesize set to 10. I also have a custom paging row that displays some info in the left corner and the pages in the right corner. When the gridview returns a result set with more than 10 rows everything works perfectly. However, if there are less than 10 rows the the paging row does not display (since there is only 1 page).  This means my information on the left side of the page row does not display either (not good). What can I do to force the page row to display - even if there is only 1 page of data? Thanks a lot,Chris  Can&...

How To Increase performance of aspx page ie how can i make the page open fast.
Hi, I have few aspx pages that opens very slowly. Can u suggest me some tips to Increase performance of aspx page ie how can i make the page open fast.RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it." Anonymous Hi, make use of output caching where you can. Don't load everything again and again. Try to disable viewstate where possible. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Fi...

Paged data performance
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. I'm aware that the PagedDataSource and Datagrid controls still receive all records matching a query before paging them. Obviously when there is a large result set this could impact seriously on performance. I am currently developing a website that uses a PagedDataSource with a repeater that uses the following stored procedure to generate results: CREATE PROCEDURE SY_SearchProducts ( @BrandID int, @CategoryID int, @StyleID int, @SizeID int, @ColourID int ) AS ...

Gridview paging enabled. Has checkbox to select the row . If user select the checkbox on one page and move to 2nd page to select the rows there also to export the selected rows to excel. But doing so
HiI am using Gridview and that has paging enabled. Using checkbox to select the particular row of the gridview to export the selected rows to the excel . Everything is working fine except for one case.Let user selected the "check" box for, five rows which user would like to export to excel (two of rows on page 1 of results and 3 of them on page 2 of results), however it only exports the 3 row details from page 2, because it seems to de-select the 2 rows from page 1 when I move to page 2 and vice versa. The code i am using is as :protected void BtnExcel_Click(object sender, EventArg...

Data Grid
In the following code when on click of page no I will be getting navigated to another datagrid page, but I am not getting any data <asp:DataGrid PagerStyle-BackColor="gold" AllowPaging="True" OnPageIndexChanged="PageIndexChanged_Click" PageSize="5" PagerStyle-Mode="NumericPages" PagerStyle-Position="TopAndBottom" ID="dgrdGuest" Runat="server" GridLines="Both" AutoGenerateColumns=&...

Submitting Data From Page A To Page B and then to a data base
What are the possible ways to submit data from one page to the next? I have a page with several elements that will need to be submitted and I also need to understand a little better about where to put the code for the submits. I will be happy to post some code for help if you will tell me what you are looking for!Joel Warren,Programming is something I have always wanted to do!! I think you can create class with property which you can pass from one page to another by session.ThanksAlfeshttp://alfesullah.blogspot.com/ Please click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) if it helped you ...

Data from page to page
Hi, I have a quick question I was wondering what was the proper method of doing this task: I have a form that inserts the data into a DB and then after go to another page that uses some of the same values entered by the user. Would I: 1. include the variables in the http request? 2. use and application variable If you mean, by http request, adding a querystring, that's a personal preference - - do you have any sensitive data that you don't mind showing in a querystring? You can use sessions or viewstate - or server.transfer (http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/tutorials.aspx?id=...

How to update Data of First row when I delete Data of Second row?
 assume my Table's Columns looks like below1  ,   Annie,   History, pass, 12  ,   Colin,   Math   , Pass, 17  ,   Annie,   History, Fail, 011 ,   Colin,   Math   , Fail, 0you can see the No1 and No7 with same people AnnieWhen I delete the No7's Data I want to update which last 2 columns "Fail" and "1" to No1so After I delete Row of No.7 the result will looks like below1  ,   Annie,   History, Fail, 0 ( update this row'...

Web resources about - Reindexing did not increase Data row/page cluster ratio - sybase.ase.performance+tuning

How to fix Apple Mail by rebuilding and reindexing the Mailbox
Aaargh!!! This isn't a trivial problem: Mac users depend on Apple Mail for day-to-day email use, but as those messages come in and go out your ...

How to fix Apple Mail by rebuilding and reindexing the Mailbox
If your Apple Mail doesn't seem to be searchable and/or has become so slow it seems to hang your Mac or even displays incorrect email content, ...

Alfred App (@alfredapp) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Alfred App @ alfredapp Cambridge, ...

Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Ships/Archive 5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Could you guys weigh in on this ? I'm of the opinion that since coordinates are easily put at the top right corner of the article, above all ...

How to beat 'bracket creep'
Many will pay $1000 more a year in tax within two years. But there are ways to avoid a higher tax slug.

Welcome to Zurich Open Repository and Archive - Zurich Open Repository and Archive
Quick Search: Currently not available due to reindexing. Please use Advanced Search Advanced Search Home Login Statistics Contact About ZORA ...

Site Explorer
AHREFS Site Explorer

Beyond Search
News and Information from ArnoldIT.com about Search and Content Processing

Upgrade Your Account - Blogshares
Premium Membership removes transaction limits and gives you access to numerous powerful tools to help you level up. Memberships available: $2.95 ...

BrickLink Discussion Forum
... individuals and businesses from all around the world to buy and sell new, used and vintage LEGO through fixed price services. I will be reindexing ...