proc recomp

until what version the below statement was true? I am
reading manaul and i thought 'update stats' will trigger
recompilation of SP!

"Neither the update statistics nor the create index command
causes an automatic recompilation of stored procedures"
0
jobless
12/6/2010 8:05:51 PM
sybase.ase.performance+tuning 2395 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 06-Dec-2010 21:05, jobless wrote:
> until what version the below statement was true? I am
> reading manaul and i thought 'update stats' will trigger
> recompilation of SP!
>
> "Neither the update statistics nor the create index command
> causes an automatic recompilation of stored procedures"

As of ASE 12.5.1, update statistics performs an implicit sp_recompile.
As of ASE 15.0, creating an index perfoms an implicit sp_recompile.

HTH,

Rob V.
Rob Verschoor

Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 15.0/12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0
and Replication Server 15.0.1/12.5 // TeamSybase

Author of Sybase books (order online at www.sypron.nl/shop):
"Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase ASE" (ASE 15 edition)
"The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
"The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference Guide"

rob@NO.SPAM.sypron.nl | www.sypron.nl | Twitter: @rob_verschoor
Sypron B.V., The Netherlands | Chamber of Commerce 27138666
Rob

ASE 15 Performance and Tuning Guides
Greetings, Does anyone know when the updated ASE 15 versions of "Performance and Tuning Guides" will be released? The guides on sybooks are for ASE12.5.1 Thanks in advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > Does anyone know when the updated ASE 15 versions of > "Performance and Tuning Guides" will be released? I *think* that they were supposed to be released sometime later this year, but I don't have any clear information. Michael I'm not aware of when these will be released. I'm guessing some time after the 15.0.2 release. Ho...

Check List for ASE 11.9.2 Performance Tuning
Dear all, We need to troubleshoot the performance issue in an ASE 11.9.2 server. During the system in a slow response time state, about 20 Sh_page locks (Non Cursor Lock) found on the syslogins when I execute the sp_lock. Can anyone give me some advise on which areas I should check first (may be a check list) ? Cheers, Jack You might want to read through the Performance & Tuning guide for things like query performance management with things like sp_showplan and sp_sysmon. What you could consider is this. Any running task may be running with a bad query plan. Her...

Tuning Performance
We intalled a Sybase IQ 12.5 on a HP-UX, we have a IQ database of 255 GB, some of the querys are very slow, please, what are the main aspects that we have to look for to get a better performance ??. Thanks. Jorge main things (imho): indexes, optimization of memory usage, iqtc 60% of memory. The rest need to see more info about your tables, indexes, query plan, type of querys, HW etc <Jorge del Mar> wrote in message news:416ae5e2.6071.1681692777@sybase.com... > We intalled a Sybase IQ 12.5 on a HP-UX, we have a IQ > database of 255 GB, some of the querys are very ...

How to tune my ASE???
I setup 2 ASE servers (same hw) in other sites, but one of ASE is runnig so slow. Users take more than 5 minutes to load a report while other users take less than 5 seconds to load same report on another "fast" ASE. Why? Attached my sysmon report, pls comments on this server and advise solutions. Thanks. begin 666 run_sysmon_log.050527 M/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T] M/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/2 *(" @(" @4WEB M87-E($%D87!T:79E(%-E<G9E<B!%;G1E<G!R:7-E(%-Y<W1E;2!097)F;W)M M86YC92!297!O<G0*/3T]/3T]/3T]...

ASE performance
Hi, I'm new to Sybase, so excuse me if this is a stupid question, and I guess I might not supply enough information to make an informed judgement ... We've got ASE 12.0 running on a Sun Sparc server with 2 x 450Mhz processsors and 2 gig RAM + RAID. We run a script which updates a join table - i.e. a table with two integer columns with keys in them. The sql script inserts a total of 1.8 million rows into the table and the entire operation takes around 18 minutes to complete. Does this sound like reasonable performance - it feels slow to me, but I don't have any comp...

Performance Tuning
 (If this is the wrong forum, please advise and I'll repost).I have developed a web site, www.nzgdb.co.nz, using Visual Web Designer 2005 (Express).  It has a large genealogy database (SQL Server 2005), and runs on a new dual-core processor server with 2GB of memory, using SBS 2003 (SP 2).   There are no other applications or web sites running on this server.My design is supposed to be optimized for the two critical activities, page GDB1 which searches the GDB (genealogy database) according to various criteria to return a list of records, and page GDB2 which is invoke...

ASE to ASE

ASE performance
Hi there, ask a rather beginner question here. we have this ASE12.0 on Solaris 7. it's a enterprise 3000 machine, with 1G RAM, 2 CPUs both 168MHz. via /etc/system assigned 800M to ASE. All other settings in the configure file are mostly DEFAULT. we donot have many concurrent users on system most of the time, and the workload/ transaction is not very high. (most time, just 50 to 60 users online). however, lately users complains performance problem. esp just only one user was running a little big large report. and when I check sp_lock, actually very few locks, and just some shared...

ASE and ASE

Performance tuning
Is there a way to create and analyze some kind of trace files with SQL Anywhere 5.5? I have a program that issues "generated" SQL statements. I'd like to quickly look for those that create full table scans in any of the used tables to see if I can optimize data access. TIA Peter Peter Hiemenz Hilden, near Duesseldorf Germany I wrote something like this a couple months back. It interrogates the trace file that PowerBuilder produces. It's rather proprietary since it's one of the tools that I use when I do Performance & Tuning cons...

Performance and Tuning
I have a pb application running on sybase db. It is very slow. We used PFC for developing the application. I would like to know what is the best to way to tune the performance of the application. Any ideas are greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance.. Leo Leo, From my experience, performance problem mostly due to inefficient SQL statement. Check which SQL statement caused the problem and then tune that SQL. Hope this can help. Leo <Spamoff_Leo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bn7hXf#LAHA.260@forums.sybase.com... > I have a pb application running on sybase db...

Performance tuning
Hi, We are using Jconnect 6.0.5 (latest EBF). We found that 'select db_name' was getting called before each and every sql update/insert. We are not sure why it is doing this. We need to prevent this unnecessary db call. Does any one have any idea Thanks Lachu Hi Lachu, This sounds like some JDBC Call might be happening in your application - offheand I don't know exactly what, but something like Connection.getCatalog() I don't think jConnect caches this sort of thing - so it might be the application code makes the call for each command execution. If yo...

performance tuning
Hi, All, I run select * statement from a view on both ASE11.5 and ASE12. The speeds for returning the value are very different. On ASE11.5, it only takes 1min while on ASE12, it takes 30min. ASE12 has bigger data caches for the database and tempdb than what the ASE11.5 has. Both of them have the same indexes. After I run sp_sysmon on ASE12, in the report of data cache management, ASE12 has high cache hit ratio (that is good) and high pool turnover (no good). Does that mean I need to increase the data cache for ASE12? I also noticed that in OS, ASE12 has very tight free mem...

ASE Performance
Dear all, I'm using ASE 11.9. Does anyone know which is the most efficient whay to speed up the ASE server ? I have a stored procedure carries out following things using a CURSOR: - Read record from table_a - Do some data manipulation to the record read - Insert record to table_b if record is not exist in table_b - Update record to table_b if record is exist in table_b table_a contains around 40,000 records and table_b contains around 300,000 records. Originally, my coding in the stored procedure is as follow: SELECT .... FROM table_b WHERE ... IF @@rowcount > 0 ...

Web resources about - proc recomp - sybase.ase.performance+tuning

AVI ReComp supports custom target file sizes
It’s been almost two years since the last release, but the excellent AVI compression tool AVI ReComp has finally been updated to version 1.5.6. ...

Disk formatting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Disk formatting is the process of preparing a data storage device such as a hard disk drive , solid-state drive , floppy disk or USB flash drive ...

The early days of personal computers.
The early days of personal computers. From Creative Computing Vol. 10, No. 11 / November 1984

Xvid Setup Guide
Tells you what the settings for the Xvid codec means, and which one you should enable or disable, and how to do 2-pass encoding with it.

AVI ReComp 1.5.5 free download - Software reviews, downloads, news, free trials, freeware and full commercial ...
AVI ReComp 1.5.5: Compress and convert AVI files, add subtitles, watermarks and more with this feature-packed video tool

Editor's Software Reviews Page - Freeware Files.com
Freeware Files.com - Freeware Files.com - Full list of Free Software Reviews.

The Ninja Warriors Again Music
Video game music from The Ninja Warriors Again. Check out our 31,455 other songs and music from video games, across all platforms. Listen to ...

Mills v. Alabama - 384 U.S. 214 (1966) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center
Mills v. Alabama No. 597 Argued April 19, 1966 Decided May 23, 1966 384 U.S. 214 APPEAL FROM THE SUPREME COURT OF ALABAMA Syllabus Appellant, ...

Numerama : Actualité informatique et numérique
Le magazine qui décrypte les loisirs informatiques et numériques : actualité et analyse, téléchargement, tests de matériel, dossiers, partage ...

The Simple Floating Type
These instructions involve pairs of registers, and operands twicethe length of their associated integer type. They work on floating-pointnumbers ...