About aux scan descriptors

When I use sp_monitorconfig "aux scan descriptors". I got the following
result. Seems the descriptors never be released, anybody has idea about
this. Thanks in advance

Usage information at date and time: Mar  7 2002 10:27AM.

Name                            # Free      # Active    % Active    # Max
Ever Used  Re-used
------------------------------  ----------  ----------  ----------
---------------  -------
number of aux scan descriptors  13594       6406        32.03       6407
   NA

(return status = 0)
0
bluebird_zq
3/7/2002 3:57:39 PM
sybase.ase.performance+tuning 2395 articles. 0 followers. Follow

number of aux scan descriptors
Below is the output from my sp_monitorconfig. Will the #Max Ever value ever show more than what the server configuration is set at? Usage information at date and time: Jul 2 2001 11:08AM. Name # Free # Active % Active # Max Ever Used Re-used ------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- --------------- ------- number of aux scan descriptors 25 0 0.00 25 BTW. Is the old performance and tuning group gone? joe jbuhl@peerdigital wrote... > BTW. Is the old performance and tuning...

number of aux scan descriptor
Hi, Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.1/EBF 14374 ESD#3/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8/ase1501/2410/64-bit/FBO/Thu Apr 19 14:00:44 2007 We are frequently getting "number of aux scan descriptor" errors. stating required numbers are not there eg: This query requires 32 auxiliary scan descriptors, but currently there are only 30 auxiliary scan descriptors available. Either raise the value of the 'number of aux scan descriptors' configuration parameter or try your query later. sp_monitorconfig gives incorrect results 1> sp_monitorconfig "number of aux scan descr...

how to release aux scan descriptors
About aux scan descriptors When I use sp_monitorconfig "aux scan descriptors". I got the following result. Seems the descriptors never be released, anybody has idea about this. Thanks in advance Usage information at date and time: Mar 7 2002 10:27AM. Name # Free # Active % Active # Max Ever Used Re-used ------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- --------------- ------- number of aux scan descriptors 13594 6406 32.03 6407 NA (return status = 0) Why do you think the...

ASE 15 Performance and Tuning Guides
Greetings, Does anyone know when the updated ASE 15 versions of "Performance and Tuning Guides" will be released? The guides on sybooks are for ASE12.5.1 Thanks in advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > Does anyone know when the updated ASE 15 versions of > "Performance and Tuning Guides" will be released? I *think* that they were supposed to be released sometime later this year, but I don't have any clear information. Michael I'm not aware of when these will be released. I'm guessing some time after the 15.0.2 release. Ho...

Check List for ASE 11.9.2 Performance Tuning
Dear all, We need to troubleshoot the performance issue in an ASE 11.9.2 server. During the system in a slow response time state, about 20 Sh_page locks (Non Cursor Lock) found on the syslogins when I execute the sp_lock. Can anyone give me some advise on which areas I should check first (may be a check list) ? Cheers, Jack You might want to read through the Performance & Tuning guide for things like query performance management with things like sp_showplan and sp_sysmon. What you could consider is this. Any running task may be running with a bad query plan. Her...

ASE 11.9.2 table scans and kills performance, any hints?
Our problem is that ASE 11.9.2 (select version returns: /1031/P/RS6000/AIX 4.2.1/FBO/FRI AUG 14 01:11:06 1998) does not seem to be taking advantage of indexes and table scans largest tables in a range of queries. Update statistics has been done and had no effect on query plan. All indexes and foreign keys seem to be in place. We are new to ASE and connecting from Powerbulider 6.5. Any ideas? Best regards, Andrzej Zaleski example query (all '_hist' tables are scanned): SELECT personel.per_serial, 0.01 styczen FROM personel, wymiar_hist, etata_hist, etatb_hist...

Performance tuning
Is there a way to create and analyze some kind of trace files with SQL Anywhere 5.5? I have a program that issues "generated" SQL statements. I'd like to quickly look for those that create full table scans in any of the used tables to see if I can optimize data access. TIA Peter Peter Hiemenz Hilden, near Duesseldorf Germany I wrote something like this a couple months back. It interrogates the trace file that PowerBuilder produces. It's rather proprietary since it's one of the tools that I use when I do Performance & Tuning cons...

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

ASE performance
Hi, I'm new to Sybase, so excuse me if this is a stupid question, and I guess I might not supply enough information to make an informed judgement ... We've got ASE 12.0 running on a Sun Sparc server with 2 x 450Mhz processsors and 2 gig RAM + RAID. We run a script which updates a join table - i.e. a table with two integer columns with keys in them. The sql script inserts a total of 1.8 million rows into the table and the entire operation takes around 18 minutes to complete. Does this sound like reasonable performance - it feels slow to me, but I don't have any comp...

Performance Tuning
 (If this is the wrong forum, please advise and I'll repost).I have developed a web site, www.nzgdb.co.nz, using Visual Web Designer 2005 (Express).  It has a large genealogy database (SQL Server 2005), and runs on a new dual-core processor server with 2GB of memory, using SBS 2003 (SP 2).   There are no other applications or web sites running on this server.My design is supposed to be optimized for the two critical activities, page GDB1 which searches the GDB (genealogy database) according to various criteria to return a list of records, and page GDB2 which is invoke...

Tuning Performance
We intalled a Sybase IQ 12.5 on a HP-UX, we have a IQ database of 255 GB, some of the querys are very slow, please, what are the main aspects that we have to look for to get a better performance ??. Thanks. Jorge main things (imho): indexes, optimization of memory usage, iqtc 60% of memory. The rest need to see more info about your tables, indexes, query plan, type of querys, HW etc <Jorge del Mar> wrote in message news:416ae5e2.6071.1681692777@sybase.com... > We intalled a Sybase IQ 12.5 on a HP-UX, we have a IQ > database of 255 GB, some of the querys are very ...

ASE performance
Hi there, ask a rather beginner question here. we have this ASE12.0 on Solaris 7. it's a enterprise 3000 machine, with 1G RAM, 2 CPUs both 168MHz. via /etc/system assigned 800M to ASE. All other settings in the configure file are mostly DEFAULT. we donot have many concurrent users on system most of the time, and the workload/ transaction is not very high. (most time, just 50 to 60 users online). however, lately users complains performance problem. esp just only one user was running a little big large report. and when I check sp_lock, actually very few locks, and just some shared...

ASE Performance
Dear all, I'm using ASE 11.9. Does anyone know which is the most efficient whay to speed up the ASE server ? I have a stored procedure carries out following things using a CURSOR: - Read record from table_a - Do some data manipulation to the record read - Insert record to table_b if record is not exist in table_b - Update record to table_b if record is exist in table_b table_a contains around 40,000 records and table_b contains around 300,000 records. Originally, my coding in the stored procedure is as follow: SELECT .... FROM table_b WHERE ... IF @@rowcount > 0 ...

Web resources about - About aux scan descriptors - sybase.ase.performance+tuning

Descriptor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel descriptor sparks boycott threat
ISLAMIC nations furious over the Abbott government's policy shift on Israeli settlements have warned they could boycott Australian farm exports ...

Wine: Flavour descriptors move to bottles' front labels
in a bold move, some wine producers have started printing flavour information prominently on the front

Most SBC Pastors Reluctant to Use 'Great Commission Baptists' Descriptor
Contrary to the recent recommendation by a Southern Baptist Convention task force that the denomination introduce an "informal" optional title ...

A Quite Recent Obsession: On Constitutional Descriptors
... describe things as “constitutional,” and “unconstitutional.” They talk about the “Bill of Rights” and the “Second Amendment.” These descriptors ...

CinemaCon: MPAA And NATO Chiefs Talk Up New Ratings Descriptors
The film industry’s two chief lobbyists stayed on message at a brief press conference this afternoon that mostly dealt with the movie ratings ...

‘Middle Class’ Disappears: Political Strategists Use ‘Everyday Americans’ As A New Descriptor For The ...
... with family and friends on holidays. But that reality has quickly dissipated; what is left in its wake has yet to be named an accurate descriptor. ...

Ingenious Toronto Anti-Littering Ads Spell Out Snarky Descriptors for Litterbugs Using Cleverly Arranged ...
... that pairs the tagline “Littering says a lot about you” with cleverly arranged rubbish spelling out “lazy,” “selfish,” and other choice descriptors ...

Body, Structure, Grip: What Wine Descriptors Really Mean
Whether you're reading off a list, getting an expert's recommendations, or browsing the aisles of a liquor store, it's rare to talk about wine ...

New Yorker Deletes ‘Uppity’ Descriptor from Ted Cruz Article
The New Yorker’ s John Cassidy used the word “uppity” to describe Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) in an article on the early GOP presidential hopeful ...