Newbie: ODBC to ASE 12.5 nt?

I'm new here...

I downloaded and installed Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise Developer's
Edition for NT. Afterwards, I installed the pubs2 database.
Via the Sybase Central Java Edition I can connect to this database, and I
can see the tables (authors, blurbs, ...) etc.

I know want to connect via ODBC to this database!
But I don't manage to do this ...

What I did:
- I didn't found an ODBC driver with the installation of Sybase Adaptive
Server Enterprise Developer's Edition for NT, so I downloaded the ODBC
driver from
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/swx/sdsummary.stm?client=support&baseprod=20
This installs Sybase DirectConnect TDS Driver.
- Via the ODBC Data Source Administration I created a link to the database.
When I test it, I get following error:
The server info 'DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION' was not found in exec
sp_server_info.

My MDAC version is 2.7

I searched on internet and some people say this is the wrong driver, but I
can't find other drivers.

Can somebody help me?
0
dgielis
5/19/2003 7:58:29 AM
sybase.ase.nt 1081 articles. 0 followers. Follow

dgielis@yahoo.com wrote...
> I'm new here...
>
> I downloaded and installed Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise Developer's
> Edition for NT. Afterwards, I installed the pubs2 database.
> Via the Sybase Central Java Edition I can connect to this database, and I
> can see the tables (authors, blurbs, ...) etc.
>
> I know want to connect via ODBC to this database!
> But I don't manage to do this ...
>
> What I did:
> - I didn't found an ODBC driver with the installation of Sybase Adaptive
> Server Enterprise Developer's Edition for NT, so I downloaded the ODBC
> driver from
> http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/swx/sdsummary.stm?client=support&baseprod=20
> This installs Sybase DirectConnect TDS Driver.
> - Via the ODBC Data Source Administration I created a link to the database.
> When I test it, I get following error:
> The server info 'DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION' was not found in exec
> sp_server_info.
>
> My MDAC version is 2.7
>
> I searched on internet and some people say this is the wrong driver, but I
> can't find other drivers.

I'm pretty sure you don't want that driver.  Instead you should have been able to install
the ODBC driver from the install routine.  You might want to try it again.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]

0
Jim