conversion from Intersolv odbc driver to Sybase odbc driver

Hello,
does anybody converted from Intersolv odbc driver
to Sybase ODBC driver?

We are going to switch from an old intersolv odbc
to sybase's odbc driver that is shipped with ASE 12.0.
And, as far as I know, because intersolv was using
ct-lib and sybase is using db-lib in odbc, there may
be a few (or a lot of) problems for the application.

Does anybody has an experience with this kind of
migration and could say what kind of problem we can
expect?
Any help is gratly appreciated.
Thank you.
Elena
0
Elena
5/22/2002 9:55:16 PM
sybase.ase.nt 1081 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Elena wrote...
> Hello,
> does anybody converted from Intersolv odbc driver
> to Sybase ODBC driver?
>
> We are going to switch from an old intersolv odbc
> to sybase's odbc driver that is shipped with ASE 12.0.
> And, as far as I know, because intersolv was using
> ct-lib and sybase is using db-lib in odbc, there may
> be a few (or a lot of) problems for the application.
>
> Does anybody has an experience with this kind of
> migration and could say what kind of problem we can
> expect?

I don't know for sure, but I doubt that the current Sybase ODBC drivers are using DB-Lib
anymore.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Senior Consultant

Thanks
Elena
0
Elena

Oracle 7.3 ODBC driver cannot be found in the ODBC driver list
I have the Oracle 7.3.4 database installed on my NT laptop (as well as PowerBuilder 6.0 - Desktop version). I installed the Oracle ODBC drivers when I installed the database. But, I cannot see the Oracle ODBC driver as an installed driver in the ODBC configuration screen. I have verified that the ORANT\bin directory is in my system path. I have also seen in the registry (Local Machine\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers) that the Oracle 73 Ver 2.5 driver is installed. NOTE: My hard drive is partitioned into 2 partitions (C & D). C:\ has my system files and NT and D:\ h...

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

ODBC ASE Drivers
This is killing me. How in the world can I get a hold of some ODBC Drivers for ASE 11.9.2??? I have searched sybase.com inside out and have found some tutorials but no download links. Am I missing something? Why would Sybase not offer these for download on its site? How do they expect developers to connect to Sybase databases? In <26C82FE5C5E33BC70074169885256C21.007416A885256C21@webforums> dkrebs wrote: > This is killing me. How in the world can I get a hold of some ODBC > Drivers for ASE 11.9.2??? I have searched sybase.com inside out and > have found some ...

ODBC Driver for ASE
Can anyone recommend a good (affordable) ODBC driver for Sybase ASE? I'm looking for a commercial or open source product that can be purchased and shipped. I'm aware of the Sybase ODBC drivers that come with the Open Client install but I'm interested in something more feature rich. Thanks, Brad Hi Brad; How about a jdbc driver instead. This one is open source and I am using this with PB & Websphere over to ASE and SS in one omy current projects ... http://jtds.sourceforge.net/ Food for thought? Regards ... Chris President: OSUG / STD Inc. Blog...

ASE 12.5 ODBC drivers for NT 4.0/win2K
Where can I get the latest copy of the 12.5 ASE ODBC drivers? The only thing that I can find are some related EBF's, I need the full driver install. - Thanks If you are licensed with Sybase ASE or Software Developer Kit then you would have the CDRom for the PC CLient that contains the ODBC driver installation. The 12.5 ODBC driver is not available for download. pv mhenriks wrote: > > Where can I get the latest copy of the 12.5 ASE ODBC drivers? The only > thing that I can find are some related EBF's, I need the full driver > install. - Thanks You...

ASE ODBC driver
Hi there, where can I find ODBC driver for ASE 11.03 (linux) ? On Thu, 06 May 2004 03:17:02 -0700, Paul B wrote: > Hi there, > where can I find ODBC driver for ASE 11.03 (linux) ? On linux there isn't an ODBC driver from Sybase for 11.0.x. You could look at FreeTDS, though (www.freetds.org). Michael -- Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc. mpeppler@peppler.org http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase T-SQL/OpenClient/OpenServer/C/Perl developer available for short or long term contract positions - http://www.peppler.or...

ODBC Drivers-Intersolv
Hi, Do anyone have the following ODBC Drivers for Sybase Driver Name - Sybase Server 11 version 10.0.3T4 Driver Version - 2.12.00.00 Company - INTERSOLV Inc.. File Name - SYSYBNT.dll Date - 08/04/96 Please help (very desperate). Else, please help me with the link where I can download them from. Thanks in advance. Vai The version you refer to is not Sybase System 11, but is an old verison of Sybase System 10 - it is no longer available. pv rvai wrote: > > Hi, > Do anyone have the following ODBC Drivers for Sybase > Driver Name - Sybase Server 11 v...

ASE ODBC Drivers
Hello, I've heard many people looking for ODBC drivers for Sybase on Win95/NT. It may sound crazy, but somebody told me it shoud work. Since MS SQL server is based entirely on Sybase and they both use the same protocols, has anybody tried using the Microsoft MSQL Server ODBC drivers to connect to a Sybase SQL server? Again, I haven't had the chance to try it myself, but someone told my it should work, and I was browsing the net when I saw somebody posted the same idea in a web page, -don't remember which one- could have been PostgreSQL, MySQL or some related link. ...

ASE ODBC driver
I can use the system 11 driver to connect to my server with no issues. When I try to use the ASE driver, it hangs when I click test connect. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Intersolve ODBC Drivers
We have an application which we need to distribute which uses ODBC (Intersolve ODBC 3.11). I would like to be able to get an install package of just the ODBC drivers to install on the client machines instead of using the Powerbuilder (EA Studio CD). Does anybody know if and where this package may exist? Any other suggestions on how to distribute it? I looked on the CD and couldn't find just the ODBC package. Thanks, -- Shane Maitland Client/Server Architect SoftSense Systems, Inc. shane.maitland@accesscomm.ca http://www.microsoft.com/data/ On Thu, 15 Jun ...

ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]
What courses this error(s)? Please help I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24. <Main> Local file for remote synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle' E. 2010-05-19 14:44:24. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated database server or ODBC error: ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (ODBC State = IM002, Native error code = 0) On 5/19/2010 2:47 PM, Nancy Jones wrote: > What courses this error(s)? > Please help > > I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24.<Main> Local file for remote > synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle' &g...

DBD::ODBC and ODBC SQL Servre driver
Hi, I am currently using the trial version of the Easysoft ODBC-SQL Server driv= er. I need to be able to connect from Perl to SQL Server using a Linux mach= ine and am currently using DBI version 1.607. I was hoping someone could te= ll me which versions of the DBD::ODBC and ODBC-SQL Server driver would be c= ompatible with this version of the DBI so that I would not have to update t= he DBI ...

how do I install odbc driver and use odbc conneciton ?
Hi, I have a little problem with a new hosting at the moment.We have a working version of the website written in asp.net C#, with local sql 2005 express. We have been uploading the database tables using the program I wrote in delphi, (which I had to do since the original database is something that VS cannot read well I assume at least). I can access the database on the web via MS SQL Management Studio 2008 and I can run queries to check records. And here is the issue.I just use normal SQLConnect  to connec to the database. And It wouldn't work by saying that :&nb...

ActiveX Data Objects, ODBC, Intersolv's DB/2 MVS driver, Open Client/Server 10.0.4, MDI 2.05 for NT and my suffering
I am trying in vain to get the following to work Visual Basic 5.0 SP3 ActiveX Data Objects (w/ MDAC 2.0) ODBC 3.5 Intersolv's DB/2 MVS driver 2.12.0002 Open Client/Server 10.0.4 MDI GW for DB/2 MVS on NT 2.05 Sometimes ( I know, I hate saying 'sometimes') DB/2 decimal columns are not returned in my ADOR or ADODB.RecordSet. Also, if I get (non fatal) warning messages from DB/2, ADO seems to ignore them (which i'd prefer it not do) Does anyone know of any issues from the Sybase/Intersolv end of this issue ?? Any and all help would be appreciated Thank you...

Web resources about - conversion from Intersolv odbc driver to Sybase odbc driver - sybase.ase.nt

Gene conversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gene conversion is the process by which one DNA sequence replaces a homologous sequence such that the sequences become identical after the conversion ...

Sonny Bill Williams' transformation due to conversion to Islam, Anthony Mundine says
He went from being savaged for walking out on the Bulldogs to becoming one of the world's most respected rugby union stars. Anthony Mundine believes ...

Revisiting Carlos Martinez's rotation conversion
... thanks to his pitch mix, then it sure sounded like it could be possible. Now, almost a full year later, I wanted to revisit Martinez's conversion. ...

Tory MP: 'It is time to make gay conversion therapy illegal'
Gay-conversion therapies were debated in the house of parliament this afternoon with one Conservative MP calling for legislation to make them ...

Roth IRA conversion is complicated
Tax rules governing IRAs are complex and ever changing, so if you're considering a Roth conversion, do some legwork first.

Russian Minister Confirms Plans to Ban Bitcoin-to-Fiat Conversions
Russia's Deputy Finance Minister has confirmed the country's plans to penalise the conversion of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin into the ruble. ...

Get a free copy of powerful DVD ripping and video conversion software
DVD players are going the way of the Walkman, leaving many of us with vast libraries of obsolete discs. Of course the movies and TV shows themselves ...

New Orleans Saints Score First Defensive Two-Point Conversion In NFL History
The Carolina Panthers scored a touchdown on a 5-yard Jonathan Stewart run, and thought they’d tied it up against New Orleans, but Kevin Williams ...

This Texas Tech Two-Point Conversion Is A Work Of Art
Every college football play should start like this. Read more...

Advocates back Ohio bill to ban conversion therapy on gay, transgender minors
As a registered nurse and state-licensed social worker, Jody Davis spends much of her time helping others. But as a teen, she was put into conversion ...