can't install ase 12.5.3 express edition on RHE3 w/jdk1.5

Is there an rpm version of ase 12.5.3 ee?

-bash-2.05b$ id
uid=501(sybase) gid=501(sybase) groups=501(sybase)
-bash-2.05b$ uname -a
Linux linux.carifio.bcgi.net 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3 18:13:58 EDT 2003 
i686 i68 6 i386 GNU/Linux
-bash-2.05b$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_03"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_03-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_03-b07, mixed mode)
-bash-2.05b$ ls -la setup
-rwxrwxrwx    1 sybase   sybase     649647 Jan 27 01:39 setup
-bash-2.05b$ ./setup
InstallShield Wizard
 

Initializing InstallShield Wizard...
 

Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...
.....................................
A suitable JVM could not be found. Please run the program again using 
the option  -is:javahome <JAVA HOME DIR>
-bash-2.05b$ ./setup -is:javahome $JAVA_HOME/bin
InstallShield Wizard
 

Initializing InstallShield Wizard...

Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...
.....................................
...A suitable JVM could not be found. Please run the program again using 
the opti on -is:javahome <JAVA HOME DIR>
-bash-2.05b$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_03
-bash-2.05b$ $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version
java version "1.5.0_03"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_03-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_03-b07, mixed mode)
-bash-2.05b$ ./setup -is:javahome /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_03
InstallShield Wizard

Initializing InstallShield Wizard...

Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...
....................................
.........A suitable JVM could not be found. Please run the program again 
using th e option -is:javahome <JAVA HOME DIR>
-bash-2.05b$ ./setup -is:javahome /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_03/bin
InstallShield Wizard

Initializing InstallShield Wizard...

Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...
.....................................
...A suitable JVM could not be found. Please run the program again using 
the opti on -is:javahome <JAVA HOME DIR>

0
Mike
7/8/2005 7:04:39 PM
sybase.ase.linux 1395 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
790 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 51

> Is there an rpm version of ase 12.5.3 ee?
>
> -bash-2.05b$ id
> uid=501(sybase) gid=501(sybase) groups=501(sybase)
> -bash-2.05b$ uname -a
> Linux linux.carifio.bcgi.net 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3
> 18:13:58 EDT 2003  i686 i68 6 i386 GNU/Linux
> -bash-2.05b$ java -version
> java version "1.5.0_03"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
> 1.5.0_03-b07) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build
> 1.5.0_03-b07, mixed mode) -bash-2.05b$ ls -la setup
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 sybase   sybase     649647 Jan 27 01:39
> setup -bash-2.05b$ ./setup
> InstallShield Wizard
>
>
> Initializing InstallShield Wizard...
>
>
> Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...
> ....................................
> A suitable JVM could not be found. Please run the program
> again using  the option  -is:javahome <JAVA HOME DIR>
> -bash-2.05b$ ./setup -is:javahome $JAVA_HOME/bin
> InstallShield Wizard
>
>
> Initializing InstallShield Wizard...
>
> Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...
> ....................................
> ..A suitable JVM could not be found. Please run the
> program again using  the opti on -is:javahome <JAVA HOME
> DIR> -bash-2.05b$ echo $JAVA_HOME
> /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_03
> -bash-2.05b$ $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version
> java version "1.5.0_03"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
> 1.5.0_03-b07) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build
> 1.5.0_03-b07, mixed mode) -bash-2.05b$ ./setup
> -is:javahome /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_03 InstallShield Wizard
>
> Initializing InstallShield Wizard...
>
> Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...
> ...................................
> ........A suitable JVM could not be found. Please run the
> program again  using th e option -is:javahome <JAVA HOME
> DIR> -bash-2.05b$ ./setup -is:javahome
> /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_03/bin InstallShield Wizard
>
> Initializing InstallShield Wizard...
>
> Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...
> ....................................
> ..A suitable JVM could not be found. Please run the
> program again using  the opti on -is:javahome <JAVA HOME
> DIR>
>


Try this:

set JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_07
export JAVA_HOME
../setup &#8211;is:javahome $JAVA_HOME

you must download and install your jre, 1.4.2 or later and
set the JAVA_HOME enviroment variable.
0
Carlos
7/8/2005 10:54:31 PM
On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:04:39 -0700, Mike Carifio wrote:

> Is there an rpm version of ase 12.5.3 ee?

No.


> -bash-2.05b$ id
> uid=501(sybase) gid=501(sybase) groups=501(sybase) -bash-2.05b$ uname -a
> Linux linux.carifio.bcgi.net 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3 18:13:58 EDT 2003
> i686 i68 6 i386 GNU/Linux
> -bash-2.05b$ java -version
> java version "1.5.0_03"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_03-b07) Java
> HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_03-b07, mixed mode) -bash-2.05b$ ls -la
> setup
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 sybase   sybase     649647 Jan 27 01:39 setup -bash-2.05b$
> ./setup
> InstallShield Wizard
>  
>  
> Initializing InstallShield Wizard...
>  
>  
> Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...
> ....................................
> A suitable JVM could not be found.

Hmmm - that's interesting, because I've installed ASE on various RH and
Fedora Core systems without having to worry about the JVM at all (usually
it's the JVM that's included in the distribution that is used - certainly
that's the case on RH EL3 in my experience.)

Maybe your 1.5.x Java is interfering?

Michael
-- 
Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer
Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/FAQ/linux.html


0
Michael
7/9/2005 3:09:59 PM
Did you guys fix your problem? I'm having exactly the same
problem but with Suse 9.3 as reported a few posts
previously.

> On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:04:39 -0700, Mike Carifio wrote:
>
> > Is there an rpm version of ase 12.5.3 ee?
>
> No.
>
>
> > -bash-2.05b$ id
> > uid=501(sybase) gid=501(sybase) groups=501(sybase)
> > -bash-2.05b$ uname -a Linux linux.carifio.bcgi.net
> > 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3 18:13:58 EDT 2003 i686 i68 6
> > i386 GNU/Linux -bash-2.05b$ java -version
> > java version "1.5.0_03"
> > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
> > 1.5.0_03-b07) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build
> > 1.5.0_03-b07, mixed mode) -bash-2.05b$ ls -la setup
> > -rwxrwxrwx    1 sybase   sybase     649647 Jan 27 01:39
> > setup -bash-2.05b$ ./setup
> > InstallShield Wizard
> >
> >
> > Initializing InstallShield Wizard...
> >
> >
> > Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...
> > ....................................
> > A suitable JVM could not be found.
>
> Hmmm - that's interesting, because I've installed ASE on
> various RH and Fedora Core systems without having to worry
> about the JVM at all (usually it's the JVM that's included
> in the distribution that is used - certainly that's the
> case on RH EL3 in my experience.)
>
> Maybe your 1.5.x Java is interfering?
>
> Michael
> --
> Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org -
> http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer
> Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/FAQ/linux.html
>
>
0
Andre
7/11/2005 9:38:42 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Where can I get the ASE 12.5.4 or ASE 12.5.3 for Linux?
Hi, all : I want to get the ASE12.5.4(DE) for Linux; but In the sybase.com,just have ASE 15.0.3 for download. Now, Where can I get the ASE 12.5.4(DE or XE) for Linux? Thank you! ----------------- Best Regards! On May 22, 6:10 pm, "Killwind" <killwin...@sina.com> wrote: > Hi, all : > I want to get the ASE12.5.4(DE) for Linux; > but In the sybase.com,just have ASE 15.0.3 for download. > Now, Where can I get the ASE 12.5.4(DE or XE) for Linux? Go to www.sybase.com -- in the upper-right-hand corner is a "Search" box. Search for...

Same machine: ASE 12.5.3 Linux vs ASE 12.5.3 Windows
We had a report from one of our clients recently that our Sybase ASE-based app was running slowly on their new Linux box. As we develop internally against ASE on Windows we thought it would be an interesting test to install both the Windows and Linux flavors of ASE 12.5.3 onto the same server and look at the relative performance. We used a Dell PowerEdge 1950 with 2 x Intel Xeon 3.73GHz dual core processors. On one drive we put SuSE Enterprise Linux Server 10 x86-64, and on the other we put Windows Server 2003 Std R2 64-bit edition. Both were fresh-off-the-CD OS installs. ...

Migration from ASE-64 bits 12.5.0.2 to ASE 64 bits 12.5.3 for AIX 5.3
Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to migrate an ASE 12.5.0.2 to ASE 12.5.3 on unix 5.3 ? (64 bits) Thank you kamel wrote: > Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to > migrate an ASE 12.5.0.2 to ASE 12.5.3 on unix 5.3 ? (64 > bits) > > Thank you Apply 12.5.2 IR then 12.5.3 esd 5. -- Jason L. Froebe http://jfroebe.livejournal.com http://www.propsmart.com Team Sybase On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 07:18:22 -0800, kamel wrote: > Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to migrate an > ASE 12.5.0.2 ...

ASE 12.5 to ASE 12.5.3
One of our client is having 3 no license for ASE 12.5 on Win2K (running 3 production servers) and not in the support/AMC with Sybase.. is client eligible to use ASE 12.5.3 ? Thanks KRV ...

looking for recommendations about installing ASE 12.5.2 and ASE 12.5.3 on HP-UX IPF
Hi, We are about to install ASE 12.5.3 esd#7 64bit on HP-UX IPF server. Are they any recommendations regarding installing on HP Itanium 64bit servers? Is there a best practices document for ASE 12.5.3 ? thanks. Itzhak. izik_is@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi, We are about to install ASE 12.5.3 esd#7 64bit on HP-UX IPF > server. > Are they any recommendations regarding installing on HP Itanium 64bit > servers? > Is there a best practices document for ASE 12.5.3 ? There's no specific document. There are comments and recommendations in the SAG (System Admi...

Can't install ASE 12.5 with Repserver 12.1
Hi, I seem not to be able to install ASE12.5 with Repserver 12.1 on NT. Anytime I install the ASE 12.5, and then install Repserver 12.1, The ASE refuses to start. What can I do? Thanks in advance Kenny I had the same problem as others have. I ended up installing REP 12.1 then ASE 12.5, in that order even thought it says otherwise in the manual. I haven't tried it, but someone else had said that reloading Open Client 12.5 will fix the problem after loading REP 12.1 on top of ASE 12.5 Hope that helps. Hi, No, It did not work.What else? Kenny Are you installing...

Can I use ASE 12.5.2 64-bit license on an ASE 12.5.2 32-bit install
I want to install sybase ASE 12.5.2 on my machine (2GB of memory) but my license certificate has a 64 bit license only. Can I use the 64-bit license on my 32 bit ASE 12.5.2 installation? thanks Gemma No you cannot > I want to install sybase ASE 12.5.2 on my machine (2GB of > memory) but my license certificate has a 64 bit license > only. > > Can I use the 64-bit license on my 32 bit ASE 12.5.2 > installation? > > thanks > Gemma ...

Vulnerability of ASE 12.5.2 vs ASE 12.5.3 ESD#3
Recently, Application Security, Inc. has run a vulnerability test on our ASE12.5.2. The program gave a 'high risk' on the ASE12.5.2 and suggested we install the latest Sybase patch 12.5.3 ESD#3. I have some question on the recommendation. 1. The latest patch is definitely not 12.5.3 ESD#3. Why did the program recommend 12.5.3 ESD#3? Isn't 12.5.4 better than 12.5.3? 2. Is it practical to keep up with the latest releases or patches? Now if we upgrade to 12.5.4 and then rerun the vulnerability test, will the program suggest that newer version is better with respect to s...

ASE 12.5 developer's edition
I've installed ASE 12.5 developer's edition, which I can connect to with Sybase Central as long as I use localhost as the host name. If I try to connect remotely, or use the machine name or IP address locally, it won't let me connect. Is this a feature of the developer's edition? J. Cavanaugh I guess your running wintendo, check the $SYBASE/ini/sql.ni file which hostname/ip is entered -- Joop "The trouble with the concept of time is, there is no such thing as time, there is only an unlimited permutation of now" http://thedominion.cc "J...

ASE 12.5.2 to ASE 12.5.0.3
Hello, I have to return to ASE 12.5.0.3 from ASE 12.5.2. I created a new server and did a dump/load of a user database and that seems to be fine. Is this a safe way to downgrade ? Is it necessary to create a new server (master database) or should it also be possible to shutdown the 12.5.2 server and start it again with the 12.5.0.3 binary ? Thanks, Luc. ...

Can't get through init 3 from init 5 and can't get through init 5 from init 3.
I tried opensuse 12.1 Gm today. Installation was perfect with xfce 4.8 until I tried installing the nvidia driver. In runlevel 5 as superuser I tried to shift to runlevel 3 and was welcome with a black screen, I have to use ctrl-alt-delete to reboot. During the reboot I used runlevel 3 and I was able to install the nvidia driver. After the nvidia driver installation I tried to shift to runlevel 5 and there, I was welcome with a black screen with a stationary blinking x cursor. I rebooted once again wiith runlevel 5 to get the gui. Any one had seen this happened? This installation is...

ASE 12.5.2 or ASE 12.5.3 on Solaris 10
Hi there! Have anyone found whitepapers or documentation regarding ASE on Solaris 10? I have tried to search around on sybase.com, but without any luck. I'm particulary looking into zones/containers with ASE and if there is any issues regarding this. Any help is much appreciated. ..prn Hi, As for as i known there aren't whitepapers or docu. I have a couple of boxes with ASE in a zone. So if you have questions mail me. Sjaak Preben Olsen wrote: > Hi there! > > Have anyone found whitepapers or documentation regarding ASE > on Solaris 10? I h...

Upgrade from ASE 12.5.0.3 to ASE 12.5.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub3ff97039 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I've just upgraded from ASE 12.5.0.3 to ASE 12.5.1. I tried to start the server, but it won't startup. Here is the message: sybase(ASE1250)328 /app/sybase/ASE-12_5/install --> startserver -f RUN_AMXDB sybase(ASE1250)329 /app/sybase/ASE-12_5/install --> 00:00000:00000:2004/01/05 21:37:44.10 kernel Use license file /app/sybase/SYSAM-1_0/licenses/license.dat. 00:00000:00000:2004/01/05 21:37:44.10 ker...

Dump on ASE 12.5.2 and Load on ASE 12.5.3
Is possible to make one dump database in ASE 12.5.2 and later making one load of this archive in ASE 12.5.3? It is possible to dump a database in 12.5.2 and load it onto 12.5.3. -bret Leandro wrote: > Is possible to make one dump database in ASE 12.5.2 and > later making one load of this archive in ASE 12.5.3? I recently dumped from 12.0 & loaded to 12.5, was pleasantly surprised the load process upgraded the database automatically. <Leandro> wrote in message news:425d7e31.7943.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is possible to make one dump database in ASE 12...

Web resources about - can't install ase 12.5.3 express edition on RHE3 w/jdk1.5 - sybase.ase.linux

Resources last updated: 11/30/2015 4:07:43 AM