Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'tempdb'

Hi,

I am hit with the following error.

i  have increased the space of tempdb and and have set the trunc log on
chkpt to true also for tempdb.

can  any one help me?

Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'tempdb' because
'logsegment' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of
space in
syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE to
increase the
size of the segment

0
koole
8/31/2006 1:18:20 PM
sybase.ase.linux 1395 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Track down the rogue query(s) that is filling up your tempdb database.

How to do this?

See if your favorite monitoring tool can capture the spid's, SQL text,
query plan (and performance stats?) of all active queries while tempdb is
filling up.

Use your own monitoring tools/scripts ... contents of sysprocesses ...
space usage in tempdb (by table) ... assorted MDA tables ... etc.

Hire a consultant to come in and take a look around (alternatively, have
them login in remotely).

Mark Parsons
(consultant that routinely logs in remotely to do P&T schtuff ;-)

koole wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am hit with the following error.
>
> i  have increased the space of tempdb and and have set the trunc log on
> chkpt to true also for tempdb.
>
> can  any one help me?
>

> Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'tempdb' because
> 'logsegment' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of
> space in
> syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE to
> increase the
> size of the segment

0
Mark
9/1/2006 1:30:44 AM
koole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am hit with the following error.
>
> i  have increased the space of tempdb and and have set the trunc log on
> chkpt to true also for tempdb.
>
> can  any one help me?
>

> Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'tempdb' because
> 'logsegment' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of
> space in
> syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE to
> increase the
> size of the segment

Hi

Mark A. P. is right !

....but if you cannot rebuild queries try to use user tempdb to estimate
size is required for your needs and then extend tempdb and drop user
tmepdb or leave it for this "special user".

-----------------
Regards
Slawomir Nowak
0
Slawomir

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?
when I run system procedure,I got following messages : Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of thesegment. Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE command. thanks. allan wrot...

can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'master' because 'logsegment is full
Hi All, I'm working with Sybase 12.0 and Aix 5.1 First of all, one small history: I worked with sybase 11.9.2 and I never received the message about the problem with log of the master database. After changing to Sybase 12.0 this problem was occurred frequently. I added another 3 mb to master size but again this problem occurs. Any idea about what's happening? Thanks Sergio ps: I don't have any task that work with master database. I don't see any explanation to grow of the log master. In 12.0 a new column was added to syslogins to track unsuccessful...

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Could not allocate space for object 'SiteLog' in database 'dmconsulting' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.
I recieve this error after changing my view options for events (standard DNN Module). Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not allocate space for object 'SiteLog' in database 'dmconsulting' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. I have emailed my site host that provides me with the Sql database. Currently I am using only 3% of my alloted space in SQL Server. I thought I would check here to see if any one has ideas. At thsi point I can not access my site. Just keep getting this error. I am newbire with DNN. I have liked what I have seen up to now. A...

'''

'b'..'a'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'or' or 'union'

Again with the 'reset' and 'can't be found' stuff...
Name: William Jones Email: jbillyjonesatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Again with the 'reset' and 'can't be found' stuff... Comments: Hello Again FireFox, Listen...I'm just a simple guy, a 'dial-up baby boomer' who's had to learn the hard way all the way through. I recently sent a similar e-mail requesting assistance with this ridiculous and incessant 'pop up' that informs me that 'my connection has been reset', and/or, 'a problem locating page'....huh? I was just on the damn thing and even switching from one ...

'NMDayTim', 'Psock' , 'NMTime' , 'NMFtp' can not be opened.
hello, my colleague have developed an application under c++ builder 5. so now i should undertake it and optimize it. last days i have installed the C++ Builder 2010 testversion to get some experience on it, because i have not used it before. when i try to compile the old project in C++ builder 2010, comes some Compile errors. Also, there are some Includes like 'NMDayTim', 'Psock' , 'NMTime' , 'NMFtp' in this old Project. they can be found and compiled in the old c++ Builder 5. but not in c++ builder 2010. so i want to know do i solve this problem or go...

Web resources about - Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'tempdb' - sybase.ase.linux