Users logging in as the same user..

HI there..

I have a problem with ASE12.0 .. I have created 10 users on the database
and granted everybody permissions and all.. However, it seems everybody, no
matter who logs in, logs in as the same user..

For eg... I have user logins John, Alex, Alan, Steve......etc etc
And i created a user group for all of them (eg developers..)

However, when they log on to isql, anything that they do will be under
John, no matter if it is logins John, Alex, Steve... or etc etc..

If i do a sp_who.. all the connections will be listed as John.
If they create tables, all table created will be owned by JOhn
If they create stored procs.. all owners are John..

and you get my drift here..

Can anyone help me here?

Cheers
Robbie
0
fowler

Did you do:

sp_adduser Steve, Steve, developer

or did you:

sp_addalias Steve, John?

The latter would result in the situation that you are describing.  (If so,
then do sp_dropalias Steve, etc. and then do sp_adduser ...)

<fowler> wrote in message
> HI there..
>
> I have a problem with ASE12.0 .. I have created 10 users on the database
> and granted everybody permissions and all.. However, it seems everybody,
no
> matter who logs in, logs in as the same user..
>
> For eg... I have user logins John, Alex, Alan, Steve......etc etc
> And i created a user group for all of them (eg developers..)
>
> However, when they log on to isql, anything that they do will be under
> John, no matter if it is logins John, Alex, Steve... or etc etc..
>
> If i do a sp_who.. all the connections will be listed as John.
> If they create tables, all table created will be owned by JOhn
> If they create stored procs.. all owners are John..
>
> and you get my drift here..
>
> Can anyone help me here?
>
> Cheers
> Robbie

0
Carl
10/24/2001 11:59:29 AM
Hi there..

Nope, actually i used Sybase Central to add the users.. And i am sure that
i didnt create an alias.

anybody?

Robbie..
0
Fowler
10/25/2001 1:39:36 AM
run sp_helpuser in the database where you are having problem and post the
output for help

Babu

<Fowler> wrote in message
> Hi there..
>
> Nope, actually i used Sybase Central to add the users.. And i am sure that
> i didnt create an alias.
>
> anybody?
>
> Robbie..

0
Babu
10/25/2001 10:29:00 AM
Hi there..

Heres the output of sp_helpuser

Users_name        ID_in_db Group_name        Login_name
 ----------------- -------- ----------------- -----------------
 alex                     4 dev               alex
 craig                    6 dev               craig
 dbo                      1 public            sa
 susan                    8 public            susan
 kevin                   11 dev               kevin
 lisa                     3 dev               lisa
 mei                      7 dev               mei
 jerzy                    9 dev               jerzy
 robbie                  10 public            robbie
 suzy                     5 dev               suzy
(return status = 0)

basically, if anybody in the dev group logins, they will login as lisa..
Any tables, stored procs they create will be created under lisa.. Also when
they are logged on, and i do a sp_who, it will look as if multiple lisa's
are logged on...

Anybody can help me here?

Cheers
Robbie
0
Fowler
10/26/2001 1:54:40 AM
When the users login, do they specify a user with '-U<login>' or are they
defaulting to some environment variable?

Fowler wrote:

> Hi there..
>
> Heres the output of sp_helpuser
>
> Users_name        ID_in_db Group_name        Login_name
>  ----------------- -------- ----------------- -----------------
>  alex                     4 dev               alex
>  craig                    6 dev               craig
>  dbo                      1 public            sa
>  susan                    8 public            susan
>  kevin                   11 dev               kevin
>  lisa                     3 dev               lisa
>  mei                      7 dev               mei
>  jerzy                    9 dev               jerzy
>  robbie                  10 public            robbie
>  suzy                     5 dev               suzy
> (return status = 0)
>
> basically, if anybody in the dev group logins, they will login as lisa..
> Any tables, stored procs they create will be created under lisa.. Also when
> they are logged on, and i do a sp_who, it will look as if multiple lisa's
> are logged on...
>
> Anybody can help me here?
>
> Cheers
> Robbie

0
Teresa

Login Control logs user in, but User is not authenticated, but user really is!
I am using aspnetmembershipprovider.  Everything works fine.  I slap a login control on my login page and am able to login and get to my secure folder etc.  When I try and put some code in the LoggedIn method "User.Identity.IsAuthenticated" = false, yet if I blow through that, I am logged, authenicated etc.  The documentation says that the LoggedIn event is "after the user is authenticated".  Any Ideas what is up?Thanks,TPS------------------------------------------------------Note Collaboration for your next confernce call.http://www.ConferenceCallNotes.com I am...

Web page not detecting a logged in user/user not logging in
Hey guysAs it stands, I've created two web pages within my app. One is a login page which is simply a blank page with the login control dragged on top. Within this control I redirect to my second page which contains a set of asp:Panels that are supposed to hide/display depending on which user is browsing the page.I've read several tutorials and at the moment, I've installed memberships/roles using the aspnet_regsql application. I've also used the web administration tool to create an 'administrators' role and create a user which is assigned to that role. I've also ...

Redirecting a user after a user is logged in?
I am using the Login control to login a user. But I have the IsAuthenticated property of Identity object as false even after user has logged in, in Login_LoggedIn event. Also, I cannot get roles for the user in this event using Roles.GetRolesForUser. Can someone tell me how I could redirect a user based on user's role (only one role is there in my app per user) when using Login control?sun21170 Have a look into this link http://quickstart.developerfusion.co.uk/QuickStart/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/login/login.aspx Hope this will help youAshok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark...

Logging in a user onto one site logs out a user on another!
I am building a CMS application. All is on one computer during development using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition and Windows XP Professional. Simply, I have one set of pages and each website's domain name points to the same pages, which load different data from the database, depending on the domain name. I am using the membership and roles framework but have left the applicationName blank in the roleManager and membership providers so that, as authenticated users create an account, a different applicationID is created for each domain name.  This way, the users and roles ...

User first log and another logs. Stats for users, etc.
Hello!I will write what I have. I have simple membership provider and login/register control. But when the new user come to site, he can sign up. After click "Finish" or "Register" button, his account is saving, but is inactivate. He also gets an email with link to active the account ( link is like: http://mysite.com/activate.aspx?id=XXXXXX, where XXXXXX is simply his GUID number, so activating user is very easy - aproove user where userId = GUID). Ok. But I have problem. How to make simply logger counter for each user ?Simply: "Hello User, this is your 123 log on this portal" My q...

All users are logged off when one user loggs off
I have an application developed with ASP.NET and VB.NET now i am facing a very big problem.That is when in application if anyone user does signout all users who have logged in are also signed out.This means that if 1000 users are logged in and one loggs off then all other 999 users are also logged off. This is a tedious problem and i need it to be solved as soon as possible.Please help me out as soon as possible if you have any kind of solutions.   Hi Could you post more details especially what is the solution in your code and what is your authentication setting in IIS?Best...

how to get user data from a logged in user
I have the standard login controls from ASP.NET 2.0 on my site. Now i've added a id field from another table to the aspnet_users table as FK. Now i want to use this ID (if the user is logged in) to populate my datagrid. How can i get this ID?  Erik    Check below link Work With Membership API HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Hi Please follow the link http://forums.asp.net/thread/1702250.aspx and raise the problem you've meet :) Good luckBest RegardsXiaoYong DaiMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the ...

Do not want to log in user after user is created
Hi there, By default, the aspnet membership create user wizard automatically log in user once the account is created. What is the way to bypass that? The scenario is, a current logged in admin is creating a new account and I want the admin to stays logged in instead of the newly created user.  set property LoginCreatedUser="False" of CreatUserWizard/GuruBhai Thanks guru_sarkar. I totally missed that ...

BUG: unauthenticated user being logged in as authenticated user.
I read the ardvark thread... not sure where to post. So I am going 50/50 and posting here. I am running 2.04 on a windows 2000 server using all the latest patches. DNN is using windows forms authentication and an SQL database. User 1 with admin privs (UserId 1) logged on 6/1/2004 @ 17:30, did not log off. The page is on a 120 second refresh, so the sitelog logs User 1 with UserId 1 throughout the night. User 2 on 6/2/2004 @ 07:50 navigated to DNN site and found that he was already authenticated as UserId 1. User 2 is on a completely different subnet than User 1. User 2 is...

Current User Logs out after creating new user.
Hi,  I am using the asp.net membership provider for managing users in my application. I have created the required database in SQL server 2005. I am using the standard membership controls provided. (Login control, CreateUserWizard control etc.) . As per business logic of my application, the user do not create their account themselves. The Admin user creates them instead. For user creation, I have created a page with the CreateUserWizard control. I have made necessary membership settings entries for the web.config file. So, the user gets created without any line of code. But...

Custom user creation
Hi, I've implemented a custom user creator, it's pretty simple, just has username, password, email and a school drop down list. I'm just using Membership.CreateUser() to create the user in the code but I was wondering if after doing that, the newly created user could be logged in somehow through code. Thanks for reading! Hi There, If you wish to programmatically loggin in user, have a look at this post: http://forums.asp.net/p/1122352/1755945.aspx#1755945 Please advise if this is not what you want, so that we can provide other solution. ;)DC517Don't forget to click &quo...

How to List out Current Log on Users
Dear All,              I want the efficent way to display Current Log on Users - Users in online.  If u store session of all user in database then u can easily get the online user by checking the session state stored in database.  Add the Login info in the database . Check this info regularly after some time interval and show on the page Thanks & Regards Sandeep If you want something you never had, do something you have never done! Try storing the online persons count in the Application State Aminhttp://3...

how to get the user id of the currently logged in user?
hi,       m develoing a site whereby employees are supposed to log in and take orders.  the users are being created thru the ASP web Administration tool and stored by default into the SQL Server Database named AspNetDB.mdf that's stored in the App_Data folder of our website. the database is created auomatically. How to display the userid as this userid is too complicated and there can be many users with the same username. You can use the Membership class to get the info about a user: Membership.GetUser() The GetUser method can also take a username as a...

User logs in, loads another users profile.
I hope i'm posting in the correct place, I'm not sure if this is an AD issue or a Novell client issue, or ConsoleOne. User A logs into windows XP with the correct user name and password, it logs him in but loads User B's profile. Both users have never logged into the computer so it's not loading a cached profile, it always loads users B's profile, doesn't matter which computer. If user B logs in it is fine. I checked both users profiles in AD and ConsoleOne and all seems to be set correctly. We do not use roaming profiles, nor do we use terminal se...

Web resources about - Users logging in as the same user.. - sybase.ase.general

Logging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or skeleton cars . In forestry , the term logging is sometimes used in a narrow sense concerning the logistics of moving wood from the stump ...

More Japanese Users Logging On To Facebook
For years, Mixi has been the social media site of choice in Japan. But new reports suggest that Facebook could overtake Mixi by the end of the ...

Facebook monetizes users logging out with premium ad placement on logout page
Facebook announced today that premium ads will be displayed on a new “logout experience” page, immediately after Facebook users log out of Facebook ...

My Hoop Champ - Youth Basketball Stats Tracking and Stat Logging on the App Store on iTunes
Get My Hoop Champ - Youth Basketball Stats Tracking and Stat Logging on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Logging into the iPad...jailbreak style - YouTube
Very early work on porting "Spirit" jailbreak by @comex to iPad ... Questions: http://twitter.com/MuscleNerd

Halting highlands logging could prove lucrative
A report says halting logging in the central highlands could boost the state's coffers.

Fears for koalas under state government's native forest logging overhaul
Koala populations in NSW have declined by at least 33 per cent in the last 20 years and, on current trends, could be extinct in the state by ...

South Coast residents concerned about bushfire risk from logging slash
... on the NSW south coast have expressed alarm at &quot;metres high&quot; piles of logs, leaves and branches left on forest floors after logging, ...

Logging out of Facebook
Businesses and employers have infiltrated Facebook ... and not in a good way.

Logging out? Why young people love to hate Facebook
Researchers, journalists writing about research, and young people themselves have been writing about the perceived decline of Facebook for a ...