Urgent: Unable to view application DB tables at front end...DB is Sybase

Hiya,

As per my previous query and Jeff's answer nd questions on
that, I am providng the ansers below:

You're using SQuirreL SQL Client, you mean? Which version of
SQuirreL
SQL Client? Which JDBC driver are you using to access SQL
Anywhere and
how have you set up the JDBC settings?

Which version and build of SQL Anywhere are you using? (e.g.
dbsrv11 -v)

I am using SQuirreL SQL Client version 2.6.3.
Sybase driver I am using is com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver
Sybase version is 15.0.2

I am unable to look at table names in the hierarchy
Please help.

Thanks,
Manich

Hello Manich,

On 02/12/2010 4:50 AM, Manich wrote:
> When I am trying to expand TABLES option in any of my
> database object, I am unable to see any table. Can you
> please let me know how can this be populated.

This will be dependent upon which client you're discussing
and how this
client is configured to access table names.

> Also I wanted to know how can we create ER diagram for the
> database using Sybase anywhere tool.

This can be accomplished from Sybase Central, in version
10.0.x and up.
Once connected to a database, there is an "ER Diagram" tab
when
highlighting the database instance at the top of the object
tree.

> I am using SQuirreL Server to accecc the database.

You're using SQuirreL SQL Client, you mean? Which version of
SQuirreL
SQL Client? Which JDBC driver are you using to access SQL
Anywhere and
how have you set up the JDBC settings?

Which version and build of SQL Anywhere are you using? (e.g.
dbsrv11 -v)

And one thing is as I am working on this application with a
client, so I can not upgrade he versions ofany s/w to higher
one until client demands for it. Looking for a solution from
the existing ones.

Thanks,
Manich
-1
Manich

unable to match the values from db to front end
hi allam matching the date of today with a particular field in sql db which has smalldatetime as the typeDateTime.Now.ToShortDateString() this is wat i use from front end it returns me eg : 9/12//2008and the value stored in db is 09/12/2008how could i match these both ?  ----Jai---------http://www.jayaraja.comhttp://blog.jayaraja.com  Try this:string strDate = System.DateTime.Now.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy");It will return the date in your desired format. With Regards,Prodipta Mondal.Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be benefi...

Unable to add Table or View to SQL Db in VWD
I am right-clicking on the table folder and selecting Add New Table in the Database Explorer toolbar. But when I do I get the following error: "This feature is not supported by Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express" The same happens when I try to create a new "View".  I thought this was a function of VWD. Any ideas? Thanks,SMc"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison The message is true. This feature is not supported in the express edition. I use the SQL Manager Studio Express edition to work with my databa...

Move large table from DB to DB
I have a table of approx 1/2 million rows. On a nightly basis, this table gets rebuilt in a temporary database. Once the table has been built and scrubbed, i need to move it into our webservers db. I'd like to do this with minimal interuption to the website. Possible techniques: 1) I could set up a DTS package to copy the table object overwriting the destination table 2) I could export to a flat file and then bulk import into the live table (after truncating it) 3) I could run a process to update smaller chunks of data at a time running delete queries and insert queries. ...

membership db and application db collaboration
hi!i'm building an application, which will have to store others attributes about member, which are not supported with membership. So i'm curious how to make both DBs to cooperate. will i have no problem if i store the username to my DB and then compare username in membership DB with the one in my DB in order to verify user and get other data.what <would be the best practice?thanks in advance  The best way, in my opinion, would be to create a custom membership provider with the additional methods and properties.An examplehttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f1kyba5e.aspx Regards,PrashantDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

DB Table view
In my CSK Home Page, I would like to view the contents of a DB table ... but of another Sql Data Base (not the CSK DB) How Can I do this?? Thanks...

Many db's / few tables vs. Few Db's / many tables
Our infrastructure group had a consultant come in for an eval. Currently, one development group who support many different groups create a database per group (sales, etc). The consultant said that this was inefficient, and that we should combine all of the databases into one database. The Infrastructure group now wants us to use one db for everything. Does anyone have any thoughts on the advantages / disadvantages of these approaches. It depends what "everything" is.  If you are mixing sales data, manufacturing data, security data, then I would still create a number of sma...

DB DB LG ML PR DB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-zD5lj8Hg Craig Leidy wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-zD5lj8Hg WTF!!! -- Strong Bo "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein (1879-1955) Play it again... then you'll understand. Craig Leidy wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-zD5lj8Hg That's one of the more brain-damaged Youtube clips I've seen, yet kinda catchy! -- Bruce ...

membership DB, profile DB, and role DB
I use the following code to programatically cycle through each record in an mdb database and create users with the Membership.CreateUser method.  The code also creates a profile for the same user before moving to the next record.  The membership and profile DB is on an SQL 2000 server. How can I assign all these users to the role of user in this section of code? Also any idea why only 104 out of 148 records are added to the Membership table while all 148 profiles are created?  A sample record would be:UserName      DIST              lotus_notes                                  title                                       internet                           voiceJohn R Slim    KYE   John R Slim/KYED/06/USjobs    Deputy in Charge       John_R_Slim@kyed.usjobs.gov          111-111-51111Jo...

Access Membership Provider With Its DB and the Application DB ?!
Hi all,If I have an application that requires Relational DB and I have constructed it. And also I wanna use the membership and role management system in ASP.NET 2.0 so In my case:1 - I have an Access DB for the application2 - I have an Access DB for the membership and role management system.However, my application DB contains already tables for users and roles ... etc. But I have found that the model of the Access DB of the provider is much better ..now I have deleted my old tables in the app DB and I want to merge the appDB and the membership provider DB alltogether in my web application .....

COPYING TABLES FROM TEST DB TO LIVE DB
Hi ya all, I had a really quick question. I have created a new table using Sybase Central and have populated it using INSERT statements via ISQL. Everything works beautifully! I originally created this table in our TEST DB. Is there an easy way for me to export or transport it to our LIVE DB without rebuilding the table in LIVE and repopulating the table in LIVE via the INSERT statements? I guess what I'm trying to ask is that once a table has been created in a TEST DB is there some fancy export command which will copy its data type, columns, and values to the LIVE DB? Could you ge...

how to create a dw from other db (table) to the current db
I have 2 databases - one database has one application and the second database has other application. But the second application fetches the data from first application and displays in the datawindow, when i opened this datawindow sql it has the table from the first application (database). We are migrating the first application to Java platform but both are in the oracle database. My point is to use create the datawindow from the first application's (one table) when i am in the second application both are in the same server and the database are different. when i tried to create t...

MS Access front end SQL back end
I'm using an MS Access Data Project connected to a SQL server. I use an ADP form to add/update/manipulate data to my SQL DB. That works fine. I'm displaying a table from my SQL DB(SQLdatasource) in Gridview. However, when I update or manipulate the data and Gridview is refreshed it disappears from my page. After this happens and I add any new data Gridview does not appear. I'm stumped as to why this is happening???? I'm assuming I need to change something on my Gridview settings. Could someone please point me in the right direction. Also, le...

ASE Slowdown in Application DB
What else should we look for? Yesterday we had an incident in one of our production databases where all access to application tables seemed to slow to a crawl, while access to the system tables was OK as well as access to application tables in other databases. When I looked at monProcess they were all in a wait state of 47 - wait for read on buffer to complete. When we tried to kill some jobs, unless they were being blocked, they did not seem to go away. We were never able to find the cause of the slowdown and were only able to clear it by shutting down ASE and restarting it. ...

Unable to connect db on WinCE using OLE DB
Hello, we would like to use ASA in WinCE apps through OLE DB interface instead of mssql. I created databse on PC using Sybase Central and copied created file to device. When i try manualy to execute dbsrv9.exe and specify dbfile an error occurs: "Database canot be started -- server must be upgraded to start ... (capability 35 missing)". The code i use to connect to database works fine on PC(if server is already started), but on CE method IDBInitialize::Initialize() fails. I am not able to get any error information becouse IErrorInfo is not supported on CE. Any idea what am i doing wrong? Is there any way to obtain error information while using OLE DB on CE or E_FAIL is the only error information i can get? If it is not, is it going to be supported in future version? Michal, What version of ASA are you running on the WinCE device? It looks like the desktop version of ASA is a higher version (possibly 9.0.2) than the Win CE version (possibly 9.0.1). Because the database was created with a newer version of ASA, you need to upgrade the database engine on the Win CE device to start the database. -- Joshua Savill iAnywhere Solutions - Product Support Analyst <Michal Rizek> wrote in message news:4384afcc.7118.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > we would like to use ASA in WinCE apps through OLE DB > interface instead of mssql. I created databse on PC using > Sybase Central and copied created file to device. When ...

Linking New DB Application to Existing MAS200 DB
Hey all,  Firstly, thank you for a fantastically developed source of information for beginners such as I. The knowledge base here is outstanding in every regard and is walking me step by step through my future development issues.  I've begun setting up a SQL DB using VB Web Developement Express 2008 and have made some good headway as to mapping out the required relational data. However, as I look into the future of this project, I realize that whatever database I develope will need to communicate with MAS200 on many levels. I've done some looking around over the inte...

Combine tables from previous db to new db (uhh...?)
I'm wanting to migrate an existing customer's database into a new products db. The previous contractor used seperate tables for each product type, where I chose to use one "products" table. My challenge has been that the previous db uses attributes that aren't common across all products. Would it be best to do a products_attribute table? If so, how would I query the previous products db and seperate the information during an insert between "product A" and "product A attributes"? Sample existing table: ID, Name, Price, Weight, Attr1, Attr2, Attr3, Attr4,...

Copy data from table in one DB to another DB
Hello all. From within a PB8 application I am trying to copy a select number of rows from an ASA8 database table to a SQL Server 2000 database table. I am having some difficulty with this since: 1. The table name is not known at the time the application is compiled. (without going into lots of detail, I can say that temporary tables are created in the ASA8 database and the SQL Server database by the user, using another product) The source and destination tables are structuraly identical. 2. The source table always has a Long Binary column in i...

Changing access db to sql db web application.
I am experiencing problems with databases for the web application that i am developing. The problem is that I have transferred the database from access to sql which initially seemed to work ok. I am now however struggling to solve the problems with one of my fields titled 'notes'. The trouble is that in the original database the notes field contained different notes from different dates for each record, and each note is separated by carriage returns. It is the carriage returns that are now proving to be a problem in the sql database but i am not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciat...

Traansfer table+records from one .db file to another .db
Hi, We would like to know SQL command to transfer table+data from one database to another. Whenever there is a new release of our application, all the details stored in the previous release's DB should be transferred to the new release's DB. The new release's DB will have some new tables already present. Could you please help us to know what seqeunce of SQL command to be executed to transfer tables+data from the old DB to the new DB. Thanks in Advance for the Help. Regards, Sarika Your question has a lot of assumptions in it and a direct answer is probably...

How can I add proxy table to my ASA db from Acess db.
Repost: Hi, How can I add proxy table to my ASA db from Acess db. What problem I got while linking asa table in Acess is, when open the table in access first time it is ok, but next time I try to open it freezes, then I went to link table manager in access add refresh then it is fine. I checked my odbc configuration also, it is fine. PKR "Reg Domaratzki" <no_rdomarat_spam@sybase.com> wrote in message news:TxIhDSzWCHA.311@forums.sybase.com... > You can go either way. You can link table from Access to ASA using Access, or you can use proxy tables in ASA to li...

Hello, When we load a dump of our database, from our ASE 12.5.3 server into our ASE 15 (same sizes, options etc), we find that the table_ID's are different(newly created), but no mapping exist to the old table id's used. So the newly migrated procedures that depend on these tables and still seem to reference the old table ID's somewhere, fail unless entirely dropped and recreated. SP_RECOMPILE does NOT help! They problem persists. It fails when executed and we can't necessarily recompile all.. Any ideas, please let me know Liz > Hello, > > When...

How to move data from AIX db to Linux db, same DB Version
Is there an easy way to do this for an entire database? BCP is giving me problems and the database has 234 tables, 281 Stored procedures, etc etc. I need data, indexes, sp, etc. The database dump command seems to dump to binary compatibility only. Any help is greatly appreciated. This problem has been bugging me for about 3 weeks now and its about to become one of those urgent, priority one problems which management just loves. TIA, Bill BMC Sqlbacktrack has a logical dump feature which does a good job, but the sqlbacktrack license may not be cheap. Using DBSchema and b...

Question about other front ends for ultralite db
I was wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction on where to find information on development tools that work with Sybase's ultralite database. To be more specific... We are currently looking into possible tools to use to develop the front end for mobile applications. I like what I see with MobileBuilder, but that is going to require some hitting the books on my part, since it requires some C++ background. However, recently I have found two additional products that are used to develop Palm applications. One is called Satellite Forms from Puma Technology....

Copy DB tables and stored procedures to a new DB with different name
Hello all! What I need to do is take a site that I have and make 3 copies of it so I will have 4 separate sites with 4 separate DB's but running on the same server. One of the sites is complete but what I need to know is how do I make a complete copy of the DB including all stored procedures and populate a blank DB that has a different name with contents from the master DB??? So if DB1 is complete and I want to now populate DB2, DB3 and DB4 with everything from DB1 (tables, stored procedures, data etc.) what would be the best way to do this? The new sites are already setup in IIS and I ha...

Table in a DB space is corrupt (corrupt page). Reload only DB space ???
Hi, My question: In case of an invalid corrupt table in a DB space (corrupt page). Have I to rebuild the complete database or is it sufficient to reload only the effected DB space? Thanks, Carsten SQL Anywhere has no mechanism to repair a single page or table. I would restore from a backup and reapply the transaction logs. Glenn PleaseDoNotReply@elomagic.de wrote: > Hi, > My question: > In case of an invalid corrupt table in a DB space (corrupt page). Have > I to rebuild the complete database or is it sufficient to reload only > the effected DB space? >...

Web resources about - Urgent: Unable to view application DB tables at front end...DB is Sybase - sybase.ase.general

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Webscale offers a fast track to delivering web applications
Running an application or server in the cloud has many advantages, but it doesn't guarantee scalability. It can be hard to predict demand, leading ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.3%
After weeks of volatile interest rates, markets settled slightly last week, but that didn't help the mortgage business.

Cisco Throws Down $150 Million Challenge To Application Developers
Cisco Throws Down $150 Million Challenge To Application Developers CRN Cisco is driving its application development community to build custom ...

Plimsoll Buys Stake In Magnify Media; BAFTA Scholarship Applications Open – Global Briefs
UK and U.S.-based factual entertainment and wildlife producer Plimsoll Productions has acquired a minority stake in specialist distributor Magnify ...

TSMC, MediaTek to co-develop products for IoT and wearable applications
... their commitment to a long-term partnership to continue developing innovative products for Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable device applications ...

App Annie Acquires Application Analyst AppScotch
With San Francisco-headquartered AppScotch, this marks App Annie's third acquisition in two years following the acquisition of Distimo and Mobidia. ...