Sybase Central fails to display

I'm on Solaris 10 running ASE 15.03. I can run xcalc and see it so my
display is setup right.When I run Sybase Central 6 it pauses then after a
few seconds goes back to command prompt. No visual ever appears and there is
no indicator what the problem is. I'd appreciate any advice on how to
determine what the problem is.

Thanks
Jim

0
Jim

On 17 Dec 2010 12:42:51 -0800, "Jim R" <JRnospam@junk.com> wrote:

Double check to see if you have all the required environmen variables
set by doing something like :

cd $SYBASE
source SYBASE.csh
the try starting scjview.sh.

If this fails:

run: ./scjview.sh -batch
and then post the contents of the file which is called
"scjview.batch".

Another think I sometimes do is :
cp scjview.sh xx
modify xx near the end like this:

if [ "$BATCH_DEBUG" = "Y" ]
then
        DebugJavaCmdLine "$@"
else
        echo ""

        echo $@             <----- this will echo the java command
        exec "$@"
fi

Jay
>I'm on Solaris 10 running ASE 15.03. I can run xcalc and see it so my
>display is setup right.When I run Sybase Central 6 it pauses then after a
>few seconds goes back to command prompt. No visual ever appears and there is
>no indicator what the problem is. I'd appreciate any advice on how to
>determine what the problem is.
>
>Thanks
>Jim

0
jtotally_bogus
12/20/2010 4:36:09 PM
Not sure if this will help, it helped for me on Windows.

run your scjview executable with -nojit (just-in-time
compiler)
eg
../scjview.sh -nojit

> On 17 Dec 2010 12:42:51 -0800, "Jim R" <JRnospam@junk.com>
> wrote:
>
> Double check to see if you have all the required
> environmen variables set by doing something like :
>
> cd $SYBASE
> source SYBASE.csh
> the try starting scjview.sh.
>
> If this fails:
>
> run: ./scjview.sh -batch
> and then post the contents of the file which is called
> "scjview.batch".
>
> Another think I sometimes do is :
> cp scjview.sh xx
> modify xx near the end like this:
>
> if [ "$BATCH_DEBUG" = "Y" ]
> then
>         DebugJavaCmdLine "$@"
> else
>         echo ""
>
>         echo $@             <----- this will echo the java
> command
>         exec "$@"
> fi
>

> Jay
> >I'm on Solaris 10 running ASE 15.03. I can run xcalc and
> see it so my  >display is setup right.When I run Sybase
> Central 6 it pauses then after a  >few seconds goes back
> to command prompt. No visual ever appears and there is
> >no indicator what the problem is. I'd appreciate any
> advice on how to  >determine what the problem is.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Jim

0
Lee

SQL Central fails repeatedly ASE 11.5
Anyone else having difficulty preventing SQL Central from crashing? I've just installed ASE 11.4 on NT 4.0 sp3, and can do very little before SQL Central wakes up Dr Watson and complains about access protection faults (GPF by another name) Kevin I am using ASE 11.5 and Sybase Central 2.3.01 Build #1832 and it happens at least 5 times a day it crashes...and when I am using the NetImpact Dynamo 1.2 plug-in it crashes every hour. Mvg Jan Kevin Campbell wrote in message <3471ECD4.AB14A897@gte.net>... >Anyone else having difficulty preventing SQL Central from crashin...

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

long sql failed in ASE 11.5.1 failed
I tried to send a query with a long where list to an oracle database through ASE CIS, but the server hang. If I took the same statement send to DCOracle and bypass ASE it works. Can someone shed some light for me on this? Thanks Tony TRan Long where clauses may be a problem if it ur user stack is full. Try to increase the ASE "default stack size" parameter on server and try it again. ...

What generals generally do

Having issues loading a dump from ASE 15 beta2 into ASE 15. Beta license expired so installed new copy of ASE 15 and the dumps from beta2 do not load. Have tried doing remote load into ASE 15 using beta2 backup server. Issues here because dumps done with level 4 compression: 1> load database dbadmin from "compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat" at IT_BETA_back 2> go Backup Server: 5.21.2.1: Remote DUMP/LOAD is not allowed when interfacing to a stripe for device 'compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat'. .... 30 10:5...

Fail to online database(ASE 12.5->ASE 15.0 developer)
Hi Everyone, Could you please help me to take a look at the error? It happened when I want to online databse, I can load database successfully:-), but failed to online...... I backup up the database from ASE 12.5, and restore it to ASE 15.0 developer... 1> online database AdventureWorksDW 2> go Started estimating recovery log boundaries for database 'AdventureWorksDW'. Database 'AdventureWorksDW', checkpoint=(15436, 11), first=(15436, 11), last=(15436, 11). Completed estimating recovery log boundaries for database 'AdventureWorksDW'. Started ANA...

Why does the following query fail on ASE 15.0.2 but work on ASE 12.5.4?
Connection conn = getConnection(); PreparedStatement stmt = conn.prepareStatement("select 'test' from syscolumns where ? = ?"); stmt.setString(1, "test"); stmt.setString(2, "test"); stmt.execute(); The error is "Implicit conversion from datatype 'VARCHAR' to 'INT' is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run this query." I think I found the solution, which is that the database needs to know what type to expect for the parameter marker. Therefore using an explicit conversion (as mentioned in the error me...

ASA To ASE - VS

ASE 11.9.2.6
Hi there I'm running 11.9.2.6 (so latest patch level) on Fedora Core 3. It's a quad i686 system. I've configured 3 sybase online engines to run. Min = 3 and Max = 3. Sometimes all 3 startup. Sometimes only 2 or only the initial engine startup. When 1 or more engines fail to startup the error message in the logs is similar to: kernel engine 1, os pid 5228 exited kernel os_process_exists: kill failed. pid 5229 No such process I've checked if some stale network connection is still connected on port 4100 before a problem restart, but this does not seem to b...

Displaying only failed statements
Hi, using ASA 9.0.2.3198 with DBRemote. The command line is : dbremote -m 32M -c "dbn=Sp" -rd 2 -rp 5 -q -os 5M -o C:\Remote\Remote.log C:\Sp\Data\ This is part of log file, created by -o option I. 01/05 12:04:37. Applying message from "office" (0-0012563077-0012727816-0) E. 01/05 12:04:37. SQL statement failed: (-194) No primary key value for foreign key 'Vend_Art' in table 'Art' I. 01/05 12:04:38. Applying message from "office" (0-0012563077-0012727816-0) E. 01/05 12:04:38. SQL statement failed: (-194) No primary key value for ...

Failing ASE creation.
I have installed ASE 12.5 and am trying to build the master device. I believe the following excerpt is the cause, but have no idea how to fix it. Can anyone shed some light on this? 00:00000:00001:2001/12/20 13:46:24.68 kernel ueshutdown: exiting ld.so.1: /opt/sybase/ASE-12_5/bin/dataserver: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/sybase/ASE-12_5/bin/dataserver: symbol __1cG__CrunVdo_exit_code_in_range6Fpv1_v_: referenced symbol not found The complete output below... Building Adaptive Server 'hades': Writing entry into directory services... Directory services entr...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

Restore ase database fail
Hi: Help me. Error content using backup server: Backup Server session id is: 30. Use this value when executing the 'sp_volchanged' system stored procedure after fulfilling any volume change request from the Backup Server. Backup Server: 6.28.1.1: Dumpfile name '/home/sybase/date' section number 0001 mounted on disk file '/home/SYBASE/zbbak090202.dat' Backup Server: 3.14.2.4: Logical page 1051903 is not in the given database map. ...

Displaying an alert when a validator fails
Hi All,I've got a RangeValidator that ensures that the integer input in a textbox is in the allowed range.  It pops up some red error text next to the textbox if they enter the wrong text.I am wondering if there is a way to trigger a dialog box (e.g., alert('You must enter a value between 5 and 15')) if they enter an invalid number in the field.  The reason being, we've had a number of people who go through past that field quickly, and don't notice the red error text.  The alert() dialog, which will interrupt user activity and give an audion alert, will (ho...

Web resources about - Sybase Central fails to display - sybase.ase.general

Niti Central - Bold and Right - Latest News - Breaking Live News Today - Latest News India - Politics ...
Niti Central is a new initiative for transforming India through an alternative Center Right latest news and opinions on India and the world that ...

TriValley Central > Front
News for Casa Grande and Pinal County Arizona - Casa Grande Valley Newspapers Inc.

Central Statistical Office (Poland) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Central Statistical Office ( Polish : Główny Urząd Statystyczny ; GUS ) is Poland 's chief government executive agency charged with collecting ...

Typhoon Melor threatens central Philippines, authorities evacuate 750,000
Hundreds of thousands of people were evacuated from the central Philippines on Monday as a typhoon with winds of up to 150 km/h made landfall, ...

Branches central to ANZ's NSW push
... fashioned on an actual home in suburban Parramatta. ANZ Bank's new head of retail distribution, Catriona Noble, says branches are central to ...

Liam Reddy signs with Western Sydney Wanderers for rest of A-League season after leaving Central Coast ...
The Western Sydney Wanderers sign discarded Central Coast Mariners goalkeeper Liam Reddy for the rest of the A-League season.

Star Wars Fans Pack Central Ohio Cinemas
All across Central Ohio Thursday, fans were lining up, ticket in hand, for the chance to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Chevrolet SportsNet Central Update: Gronk returning?
... Login Search form Search 50° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN Chevrolet SportsNet Central ...

Comedy Central Pilot ‘Bad Couple’ Sets Cast
Morgan Krantz , writer director of indie Babysitter , has been cast as the male lead opposite Noël Wells in the Comedy Central pilot Bad Couple ...

Police: Girl Arrested in Stabbing at Central Florida School
Police: Girl arrested in stabbing at central Florida high school; boy taken to hospital