sp_webservices add duplicate proxy table

Hello,
Using ASE 15.0.3 ESD#3 AIX and  ASE WS, when mapping method
:

sp_webservices 'add',
'http://intranetweb40/sitiosinternos/WSERP/ServiciosERP/ServiciosERP.asmx?WSDL'

two  rows appear in sysobjcts , but, the method did not
exist before, i.e:

select * from  sysobjects   where name like "WS_%"
go
--------------------
WS_ExisteCtaAuxMnd
WS_ExisteCtaAuxMnd1

We know This is the normal behaviour if the method
previuosly existed, but in ths case it didn't and we tried
with sp_webservices "remove" before adding it, but the
result was the same.

IS this some known issue?
Thanks
JMT
0
Jose

On 13 Jan 2011 07:36:04 -0800, Jose-Miguel Torres wrote:

According to the doc. this would be the case if the proxy table
already existed. Was there some activity where the there was possibly
and add/remove but the proxy table still exists?

Jay

>Hello,
>Using ASE 15.0.3 ESD#3 AIX and  ASE WS, when mapping method
>:
>
>sp_webservices 'add',
>'http://intranetweb40/sitiosinternos/WSERP/ServiciosERP/ServiciosERP.asmx?WSDL'
>
>two  rows appear in sysobjcts , but, the method did not
>exist before, i.e:
>
>select * from  sysobjects   where name like "WS_%"
>go
>--------------------
>WS_ExisteCtaAuxMnd
>WS_ExisteCtaAuxMnd1
>
>We know This is the normal behaviour if the method
>previuosly existed, but in ths case it didn't and we tried
>with sp_webservices "remove" before adding it, but the
>result was the same.
>
>IS this some known issue?
>Thanks
>JMT

-1
jtotally_bogus
1/13/2011 4:33:40 PM
Thanks Jay,
Not sure. I'll check that and come back

Regards
JMT
> On 13 Jan 2011 07:36:04 -0800, Jose-Miguel Torres wrote:
>
> According to the doc. this would be the case if the proxy
> table already existed. Was there some activity where the
> there was possibly and add/remove but the proxy table
> still exists?
>
> Jay
>

> >Hello,
> >Using ASE 15.0.3 ESD#3 AIX and  ASE WS, when mapping
> method >:
> >
> >sp_webservices 'add',
> >'http://intranetweb40/sitiosinternos/WSERP/ServiciosERP/S
> erviciosERP.asmx?WSDL' >
> >two  rows appear in sysobjcts , but, the method did not
> >exist before, i.e:
> >
> >select * from  sysobjects   where name like "WS_%"
> >go
> >--------------------
> >WS_ExisteCtaAuxMnd
> >WS_ExisteCtaAuxMnd1
> >
> >We know This is the normal behaviour if the method
> >previuosly existed, but in ths case it didn't and we
> tried >with sp_webservices "remove" before adding it, but
> the >result was the same.
> >
> >IS this some known issue?
> >Thanks
> >JMT

-1
Jose
1/13/2011 6:09:06 PM
Jay,
 Yes. The mapped methods existed previously and were
removed. Then each time they are added they appear with
proxy_table<digit>.
Even though they are dropped and then re-added the same
behaviour persists.

Thank you

JMT

> Thanks Jay,
> Not sure. I'll check that and come back
>
> Regards
> JMT
> > On 13 Jan 2011 07:36:04 -0800, Jose-Miguel Torres wrote:
> >
> > According to the doc. this would be the case if the
> > proxy table already existed. Was there some activity
> > where the there was possibly and add/remove but the
> > proxy table still exists?
> >
> > Jay
> >

> > >Hello,
> > >Using ASE 15.0.3 ESD#3 AIX and  ASE WS, when mapping
> > method >:
> > >
> > >sp_webservices 'add',
> >

> >'http://intranetweb40/sitiosinternos/WSERP/ServiciosERP/S
> > erviciosERP.asmx?WSDL' > >two  rows appear in sysobjcts
> > , but, the method did not >exist before, i.e:
> > >
> > >select * from  sysobjects   where name like "WS_%"
> > >go
> > >--------------------
> > >WS_ExisteCtaAuxMnd
> > >WS_ExisteCtaAuxMnd1
> > >
> > >We know This is the normal behaviour if the method
> > >previuosly existed, but in ths case it didn't and we
> > tried >with sp_webservices "remove" before adding it,
> > but the >result was the same.
> > >
> > >IS this some known issue?
> > >Thanks
> > >JMT

1
Jose
1/14/2011 2:34:44 PM
I don't work with any sort of web services software (other than as a dumb browser user) so fwiw ...

I looked at the source code for sp_webservices ($SYBASE/WS-15_0/bin/installws) and found it doing the following:

- create a temporary proxy table to be used to pull results from the WS's get_mappings stored proc

- pull WS's mappings and put into a #temp table

- for each row in the mappings #temp table do:

      - generate a new object with a given name

      - validate that the desired name is unique

          - if not unique, add a sequential number on end of the name

Sooo, I'm thinking the get_mappings call is returning 2 records, which in turn causes 2 passes through the looping
construct, which in turn creates the 2 new objects ... one with the desired name, one with the desired name + '1'.

 From the sp_web services source code it looks like you may be able to issue the get_mappings call manually with
something like the following:

exec <WS_name>...get_mappings 'http://intranetweb40/sitiosinternos/WSERP/ServiciosERP/ServiciosERP.asmx?WSDL' [, NULL]

Where <WS_name> is your webservices name as it appears in sysservers.

If you can get the get_mappings call to work manually, do you get 1 or 2 rows in the result set?  do the results make sense?

At this point I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that if the get_mappings call is returning 2 rows, then either a) the
URL does in fact require 2 objects to reference it or b) there's a bug/problem with at the URL ("Duh, Mark!" ?).

Apologies if I botched the terminology! ;-)

Jose-Miguel Torres wrote:
> Jay,
>  Yes. The mapped methods existed previously and were
> removed. Then each time they are added they appear with
> proxy_table<digit>.
> Even though they are dropped and then re-added the same
> behaviour persists.
>
> Thank you
>
> JMT
>
>> Thanks Jay,
>> Not sure. I'll check that and come back
>>
>> Regards
>> JMT
>>> On 13 Jan 2011 07:36:04 -0800, Jose-Miguel Torres wrote:
>>>
>>> According to the doc. this would be the case if the
>>> proxy table already existed. Was there some activity
>>> where the there was possibly and add/remove but the
>>> proxy table still exists?
>>>
>>> Jay

>>> 'http://intranetweb40/sitiosinternos/WSERP/ServiciosERP/S
>>> erviciosERP.asmx?WSDL' > >two  rows appear in sysobjcts
>>> , but, the method did not >exist before, i.e:

>>> tried >with sp_webservices "remove" before adding it,
>>> but the >result was the same.
0
Mark
1/14/2011 9:23:02 PM
ps - if you can't get the manual get_mappings call to work, you should be able to manually perform the same steps as
they appear in the sp_webservices stored proc, with the idea being to access the get_mappings call via the temporary
proxy table front end; alternatively, modify sp_webservices to dump the contents of that temp table the get_mappings
call has completed; alternatively, use sqldbgr to step through sp_webservices to obtain the results of the get_mappings call

Mark A. Parsons wrote:
> I don't work with any sort of web services software (other than as a
> dumb browser user) so fwiw ...
>
> I looked at the source code for sp_webservices
> ($SYBASE/WS-15_0/bin/installws) and found it doing the following:

> - create a temporary proxy table to be used to pull results from the
> WS's get_mappings stored proc
>
> - pull WS's mappings and put into a #temp table
>
> - for each row in the mappings #temp table do:
>
>      - generate a new object with a given name
>
>      - validate that the desired name is unique
>
>          - if not unique, add a sequential number on end of the name
>
> Sooo, I'm thinking the get_mappings call is returning 2 records, which
> in turn causes 2 passes through the looping construct, which in turn
> creates the 2 new objects ... one with the desired name, one with the
> desired name + '1'.
>
>  From the sp_web services source code it looks like you may be able to
> issue the get_mappings call manually with something like the following:
>
> exec <WS_name>...get_mappings
> 'http://intranetweb40/sitiosinternos/WSERP/ServiciosERP/ServiciosERP.asmx?WSDL'
> [, NULL]
>
> Where <WS_name> is your webservices name as it appears in sysservers.
>
> If you can get the get_mappings call to work manually, do you get 1 or 2
> rows in the result set?  do the results make sense?
>
> At this point I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that if the
> get_mappings call is returning 2 rows, then either a) the URL does in
> fact require 2 objects to reference it or b) there's a bug/problem with
> at the URL ("Duh, Mark!" ?).
>
> Apologies if I botched the terminology! ;-)
>

> Jose-Miguel Torres wrote:
>> Jay,
>>  Yes. The mapped methods existed previously and were
>> removed. Then each time they are added they appear with
>> proxy_table<digit>.
>> Even though they are dropped and then re-added the same
>> behaviour persists.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> JMT
>>
>>> Thanks Jay,
>>> Not sure. I'll check that and come back
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JMT

0
Mark

Proxy table mapping an ASE Table
Hi I try to create an IX proxy tablwe wich mapps a ASE table. I created an remote server with JDBC class bur when I try to do a connection I receive the following error message: 1> forward to remoteServer sp_who 2> go Msg 11206, Level 16, State 0: ASA Error -656: Unable to connect to server 'remoteServer': No suitable driver (1 row affected) What is wrong ? Thanks in advance for any hints. ...

Proxy tables between ASE 11.5.1 and ASE 12
Hi everybody We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? Thanks a lot. Roberto Espitia wrote: > We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE > 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. > Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 > referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? It should work....

Duplicate a proxy table
Is there an equivalent callable procedure to the "Duplicate Proxy Table" dialog? Something like this: DUPLICATE PROXY DBA.proxyTable TO DBA.dbTable If what you are trying to do is copy data from the a remote table to a local table, then check out the sa_migrate functions: Adaptive Server Anywhere SQL User's Guide 14. Importing and Exporting Data Migrating databases to Adaptive Server Anywhere -- Mark Culp ASA Development ** Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the ** ** iAnywhere Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere...

Add row to table with table.row.add()
Everytime I click on a button I want to add a tableRow to a table like this:        TextBox TB = new TextBox();                TableCell Cell = new TableCell();        Cell.Controls.Add(TB);        TableRow Row = new TableRow();        Row.Cells.Add(Cell);        table.Rows.Add(Row);It works the first time, but when I click the button again the last r...

Proxy Tables ASE
Hi. I want to create proxy tables in ASE; the physical tables are in ASA. I have a problem creating a proxy table in ASE. The error message is something like "could not connect to remote server". I have some questions: * How to configure the remote server in ASE to connect an ASA database? * How to configure ASA environment? Some Tips? Renato Gonzalez ...

Proxy table ASE
Hi, I'm trying to insert 600000 rows from sybase IQ (linux) into a proxy table in sybase ASE (windows NT), but it takes over 15 minutes. I've also done the same select in the IQ table, and the performance seems to be quite good, it took something like 10 seconds. But when I make a insert from IQ into a ASE proxy table with 600000 rows (and something like 30 columns) it took like 15 minutes to finish. Is this normal? There is anything I can do to improve IQ performance (something to be configured?)? Thanks in advance Roseli ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreade...

Duplicate row in Proxy table
I've moved database server from Win 2000 to Win 2003 and I get a lot of strange results using proxy tables. Previous installation (all works fine) : - Sql Anywhere 8.02.4249 - Windows 2000 server New installation: - Sql Anywhere 8.03.5144 - Windows 2003 server In both cases: - Odbc driver IBM Client Access 9.00.08.00 for As400 DB2 On the new installation I get one row duplicated when I select from every proxy table. The duplicated row is always the first row of the last fetched block. For example, if the table has 232 records Sql Any fetch the rows in blocks of 50. Th...

Add Column on Proxy table
I have a prozy table that references a table in another database. I want to add a column to the proxy table that has already been added to the original table. I get a "Column already exists" error when I try to run and add column statement on the proxy table. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks! Melissa Melissa wrote: > I have a prozy table that references a table in another > database. > > I want to add a column to the proxy table that has already > been added to the original table. > > I get a "Column already exists" er...

Proxy tables in ASE V12
Our agency is currently developing a new EAServer application which will include significant usage of CIS to access remote tables via proxy tables. Many of these accesses will require joins - joins between tables exclusively on the remote instance of ASE as well as joins between remote tables (via proxy tables) and local tables. Is anyone aware of any issues or gotchas, performance or otherwise, regarding using proxy tables in ASE V12? Also, this application will access two databases on the local server sometimes joining tables across those databases. The development team ...

Proxy tables in ASE 12.5
Hi everyone. Is it possible to have ASE proxy table to ASIQ in PDesigner 10.1? Thanks in advance, Jo=e3o Sim=f5es Jo=?ISO-8859-1?B?428=?= Sim=?ISO-8859-1?B?9WVz?= wrote... > Hi everyone. > > Is it possible to have ASE proxy table to ASIQ in PDesigner > 10.1? > > Thanks in advance, > Jo=e3o Sim=f5es > On the Options tab for the table select "External table" option. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Sybase product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement ...

Working with ASA, ASE and proxy tables.
I am trying to create proxy tables on ASE from tables on an ASA 6.02 server. I am able to load proxy tables in ASE from ASA if ASE in on a different servers. But when they are on the same server I get an unable to connect error. I am running on NT 4 sp4, ASE 11.9.2 with CIS, and ASA 6.02. Why can I load the proxy tables onto a Unix ASE server but not the NT. Could both ASA 6.02 and ASE 11.9.2 be using slightly different versions of Open Server and Open Client?. Do they install any of the same dlls in the windows system directory? Has anyone ever tried this configuration an...

ase 15.5 proxy Table
Hi all , for Sybase technician, with ASE 12.5 (win2000) , the statement 'select @var = col from proxyTable where ....' inside the stored proc give always 0 (zero) rows. TIA ...

problem with proxy table of ASe to IQ
I try to create a proxy table in an ASE pointing to a table in IQ, all teh set ups are Ok, iq server is known in ASE: connect to iq_server sp_iqwho works well disconnect from iq_server Exited passthru mode from server 'stckrec'. When I create the follwoing proxy table it fails with following mesage: CREATE EXISTING TABLE IQ_StockRecordRaw( C1 varchar(1000)) EXTERNAL TABLE at "iq_server.iqdb.dbo.StockrecordRaw" go Msg 11216, Level 16, State 13: Server 'SRV15', Line 1: Internal Ct-Lib/Cs-Lib error 67241508: 'ct_send(): protocol specific layer: intern...

how to add the unique index while there are duplicate row in the table?
1> declare delete_duplicate_catalog cursor for select id from catalog_5_4 for update 2> 3> 4> 5> 6> 7> go 1> open delete_duplicate_catalog 2> go Msg 311, Level 16, State 1: Line 3: The optimizer could not find a unique index which it could use to scan table 'catalog_5_4' for cursor 'delete_duplicate_catalog'. 1> ...

Web resources about - sp_webservices add duplicate proxy table - sybase.ase.general