Problem with image-column and PDF with JPG images

We are using Sybase ASE 12.0.0.7 on Win NT.
(Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.0.0.7/P/EBF 11096 ESD 1/NT (IX86)/OS
4.0/2008/32bit/OPT/Wed May 07 01:29:40 2003)

and are using jconnect to store PDF files in an image-column:

create table blobstore
(
    blobid              INT not null,
    document  image  null,
    lastsaved  datetime null,
    primary key (blobid)
)
;

We are having no problems with storing and retrieving PDF files WITHOUT
embedded JPG images.

But when we include JPG images in the PDF file, the retrieved PDF file
from the database has been corrupted.   The file has the same
size, but when we compare the two files (before and after
being stored in the database), some of the values in the binary stream
have changed, namely 0x81, 0x8d, 0x8f, 0x90, 0x9d.   All these values have
been changed to 0x3f.    The PDF file can be viewed in Acrobat Reader,
but with no images.

Any clues ?

Bjornar Almli
mailto: bjornar.almli@delfidata.no

0
Bj

image and image
// create an image object, using the filename we just retrieved System.Drawing.Image image = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(Server.MapPath(file)); // create the actual thumbnail imageSystem.Drawing.Image thumbnailImage = image.GetThumbnailImage(64, 64, new System.Drawing.Image.GetThumbnailImageAbort(ThumbnailCallback), IntPtr.Zero);   now my question is how to display this image in my image1 control in asp.net (version 1.1) the below line of code is not working.  Image1.ImageUrl=thumbnailImage.ToString();Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. Hi, you can save t...

Image on Image
I am trying to display a page that has image of a map on it. The user can then place other images of red thumbtacks on the image at different locations. Then when these thumb tacks are clicked on, they open a folder of pics related to the area. I saw a method in the imageButton class that returns the (x,y) of the location where the user clicked. I thought I could use this information to place another, smaller image button, on that area. My problem is that i can't seem to get the bottom imageButton to be transparent so I can see the smaller one. Am i on the right track with this. Any advi...

Image in image
Hi, I have a project where clients viewing my website can buy t-shirts. They can choose from a number of t-shirt colors and shapes which are their plain colour. They can also choose a number of prints to be placed on the t-shirt. These will be graphics stored in a database. My problem is on how I can displaty the t-shirt with the graphics or logo they chose on te t-shirt. It would be something like drawing text on an image but instead drawing an existing image on the base image. Any Ideas? (I am using visual studio 2005 and vb.NET)   RegardsMerovingian you 1. You can create a...

Imaging, but not imaging
We multicasted to 43 machines. Updated the image on the master. Multicasted the updated image to 36 machines. (the other 7 wouldn't join the session for some unknown reason). I visually verified that all 36 were imaging. One of the 8 which didn't rename appears to not even have been imaged. The problems with the previous image were still there. It's as though the machine didn't image even though I saw it take part in the session and the temp bar going across the screen. What the heck's going on here? AlaN As a try, what happens if you boot either to PXE ...

Problems with a thumbnail image to popup Full-size image (image paths from a database)
I am hoping to get more feedback from entering this in perhaps a more appropriate forum.   Please refer to post   http://forums.asp.net/thread/1540002.aspx   I think I’ve explained what I would like to do but can’t figure out how to successfully code it.   I found it interesting that if I removed the Onclick event, my Bind error goes away.   And changing the Bind to an Eval traded the Bind error for a parser error.   How can I pass the path of the Full size image from my DB to the javascript so that ASP and Java both are OK with the coding?  ...

display image in a image image button
hi   i have to display an image in image button while uploading mycode Image1.ImageUrl = Upload.PostedFile.FileName; is not working thanks Hi You need to save the PostedFile to the disk on the server and then assign it to ImageUrl. Take a look at the following links for more infoprmation on how to do this.  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/netimageupload.aspx http://www.stardeveloper.com/articles/display.html?article=2003022601&page=1Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way ...

Add watermark image to JPG image
Hi all, I'm working on a new ASP.NET applications. I want to be able to import my JPG pictures into this application and during this 'import process' I want to be able to add a copyright image (yes, another image - not just plain text) over the top of it and store the new image (ie combined picture + copyright image) into a new JPG file so that the picture stored and displayed has the copyright.Has anyone got any starting points (namespace/classes) that I can get reading about. Or even better some links to exmple code?Thanks in advance, I don't know of ...

Reload Image in Image Control Problem!
hi,alli have a security image for user registeration,and i use Ajax to change picture when user can't read image,but there is a problem:when user click "Change Picture" image change only for one time!(Image Create in Physically path,but Previous image Show in image Control)i think,image control can't reload or physically path isn't refreshed! thanks for read my problem. Has the new image got the same name?  If so try using a new name and deleting the old file. I think the image is being cached. Add the below code to disable caching Response.Cache.SetCacheabi...

How to display a jpg image in Image Control
I have Image control on a web form and i was a write a following code for displaying image in image control. but it does not display image in image control at runtime. Image1.ImageUrl = "c:\My Documents\IMG_0510.jpg" I got the solution just one change in code of replacing forward slash to backward slash Image1.ImageUrl = "c:/My Documents/IMG_0510.jpg"  I would like to suggest you that don't use the physical path for display image in image control. So you can use like that:-If you are using Runat = "server" control so you can use this one....

Problem retreiveing image from /images folder
Hi all, I have a simple search that would search for an image and print it out. Currently, my code is fine when the images are stored in the root folder.But when I code the DB to store the images into ~/Images i can retrieve the result but not the image in my Dataset.How do I make it so I can retrieve the images from the /Images folder regards  It would help if you posted the code that is either saving or retrieving the images. It may be as simple as using Page.ResolveUrl("~/Images/...") to get the correct virtual path, or Server.MapPath() to get the physical path.Mark...

JPEG image over Tranparent Image problem
Hi, I am just started my career as a developer few months back  and I am in my first project and I am struck. Please help. I am developing  a website with asp.net and C# In one of the web page, in an Image control, I have to display an image over an other image which I sucessfully did with various code articles help from the web. Now, in one scenario I have to place a smaller image first. Then over that I have to place a gif image(in which there is a circle transparent area). It is something like placing a photo in a photoframe. With some help from the web, I am able to d...

problem with PDF::Report and images (uses PDF::API2)
Hi all, I'm trying out some PDF modules and have had some success with PDF::Report (http://search.cpan.org/author/AORR/PDF-Report-1.10/Report.pm) adding text and primitive graphics. PD::Report is a wrapper for PDF::API2. But I'm not having any luck inserting images. Here are the instructions: $pdf->addImg($file, $x, $y); Add image $file to the current page at position ($x, $y). I assume that I should provide a filename here. If I do that with a jpeg image for example, I get this error: sputnik:~/perl/pdf -> ./new_report > report-new.pdf Can&...

Display Image in Image column depending on another column in GridView
Hi,  In GridView one of the columns is Document that display a description of the document and another Column is Image. Depending on the Document it is required to display Image in Image column. Example: Document is pdf type then display pdf image in Image column Document is Film Type then display Film image in Image column. Think this could be acheived with datarow bound event? Your help appreciated. Regards,-- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you -- Hi,you can also use the IIF condition.IIF is a function which compacts a normal IF condition THEN   conditi...

asp:image; image url from .css problem...
Hello. I have an asp:image, and i want it to get its image url from a stylesheet. As this image is used in many places in the app, it makes it much easier to change the image or reorganize my images folder if the image path is in one location. Currently, this is how it is: <asp:image image-url='~/img/rtp.gif' runat='server'> I have tried this: <asp:image runat='server' cssClass=commonRTP> And my stylesheet is: ..commonRTP { background-image: url(/equicareweb/img/b-return.gif) ; background-attachment:fixed; background-repeat:no-repeat; backg...

Web resources about - Problem with image-column and PDF with JPG images - sybase.ase.general

GOP House Majority Whip Yanks Breitbart Column Over "Inappropriate" Images
GOP House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy has pulled his column from Breitbart after the site posted raunchy photoshopped images of leading Democrats ...

Kevin McCarthy Pulls Column From Conservative Website That Posted Inappropriate Pelosi Image
House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) has pulled his column from a conservative website after that site posted inappropriate images of ...

GOP Leader Pulls Breitbart Column over Site’s ‘Inappropriate’ Images
House Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) pulled his column from Breitbart after the images on Breitbart’ s newly-launched California site , especially ...