problem while running a stored procedure from powerbuilder

Hi,

When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I
get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did not
have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Can
anyone tell me the reason for this error and how should I
resolve the same?

Thanks,
Nataraj

PS: Sybase version is 12.5 and PowerBuilder version is 8.0.3
0
nataraj

> Hi,
>
> When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I
> get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did
> not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111?

Type 111 is probably a nullable datetime parameter.  My
guess is that you are passing an invalid date to the
procedure.

Michael
0
mpeppler

Running a stored procedure and running out of memory problem.
Hi, I'm looking for some guidance with a problem I'm having with a stored procedure and running out of memory. ASA ver 8.0.2.4122 What I'm trying to figure out is what elements within a stored procedure could eat up the memory if done a repeated number of times or does my stored procedure fail because my system lacks the appropriate amount of memory to do the job. I have a stored procedure that loops around based on the number of records in a cursor, performs 'selects' within the loop to find other data based on the cursor data, performs some calculations and ...

Running stored procedure within a stored procedure
I have a custom built users table for storing some values and I am also utilizing the aspnet_Users table. I want to delete a user from my users tables then execute the aspnet_Users_DeleteUser sproc and pass into the stored procedure the username of the user to delete because the DeleteUser method requires this. When I execute the command from within my asp.net web application I get the exception below. Both values are being obtained from the asp.net application and are represented in my DAL that is also below. Any thoughts as to why I am receiving this exception? Thanks. Procedure or functi...

Running a stored procedure within a stored procedure
I have a stored procedure (A), which I need to call from another stored procedure (B). The data pulled from (B) is then inserted into a temporary table. The problem I am having is the stored procedure is in a loop, and it only runs once. I need it to run each time the statement loops. For example: In the cursor I have, there are 3 rows, so the statement should return 3 rows. However, only 1 row is returned, it looks like the stored procedure is only one once. What do I have to do to get it to loop?? DECLARE dCURSOR CURSOR FOR select ID, value1, value2 from table; OPEN dCU...

Problem running stored Procedure
Hi Guys & Gals I'm having problems running a stored procedure, I'm getting an error that I don't understand. My procedure is this: ALTER PROC sp_get_allowed_growers @GrowerList varchar(500) AS BEGIN SET NOCOUNT ON DECLARE @SQL varchar(600) SET @SQL = 'SELECT nu_code, nu_description, nu_master FROM nursery WHERE nu_master IN (' + @GrowerList + ') ORDER BY nu_code ASC' EXEC(@SQL) END GO and the code I'm using to execute the procedure is this: public DataSet GetGrowers(string Username) { System.Text.StringBuilder ...

Running Stored procedures from PowerBuilder
powerBuilder 9 and Sybase 9.0.2.3534 When we execute a stored procedure from a data window PowerBuilder is using Exec instead of Call which is causing an error during runtime. I know both Exec and Call can be used in SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3534, however Exec needs to execute without parenthesis and Call with Parenthesis to be successful. Is there a setting or something in Powerbuilder to ensure the execute statements are being built correctly? Thanks You may need to repost to the Powerbuilder newsgroups to get at the accurate specifics of how to fix this ... but .... I suspect th...

stored procedure. The c# code run stored procedure.
 CREATE PROCEDURE GetThreadMessages @iThreadID int AS SELECT message_id, thread_id, user_id, first_names, last_name, email, subject, body, date_submitted, category_name, category_id, last_edited FROM message_view WHERE thread_id = @iThreadID ORDER BY date_submitted asc For update ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CREATE PROCEDURE UpdateThreadMessages @iThreadID int @name varchar(50) AS UPDATE message_view SET first_names = @name FROM message_view ...

Long running stored procedure problem.
I have a client that is using PB software that we have developed . He is having a problem with a long running procedure called from PB bombing out. The procedure returns no results and is called using dynamic sql. Depending on the volume of data the procedure can take a long time to run. The procedure runs fine if there is not much data but if the data volume increases the app crashes and takes the server with it. If the procedure is run directly from ISQL on the same machine it works fine. Any ideas? One thought was transaction log filling up etc. but wouldn't this be the same...

problem in executing the stored procedure from powerbuilder
i have a stored procedure in sybase as follows. create procedure p_tes_update_open_seats @class_id int, @enroll_cnt int, @ret_value int output as Declare @capacity int, @open_seats int Select @capacity = capacity From classes Where class_id = @class_id Select @open_seats = @capacity - @enroll_cnt Update classes Set open_seats = @open_seats Where class_id = @class_id if @@error !=0 Begin Select @ret_value = -1 End else Begin Select @ret_value = 1 End i wanted to execute the above procedure, so i wrote like the code as follows in powerbuilde...

Run SYSTEM stored procedures from PowerBuilder
I need to run SYSTEM stored procedures, such as sp_addlogin , sp_password, etc. within powerbuilder. Does anybody know how to do it? I am using Sybase DBMS and Powerbuilder 7.0. I tried the following: DECLARE sp_addlogin PROCEDURE FOR sp_addlogin @loginame = :as_username , @passwd = :as_password , @defdb = 'master' , @deflanguage = 'us_english' , @fullname = :as_fullname USING sqlca; EXECUTE sp_addlogin ; It gave me an error: sqlcode = -1 sqldbcode = 17260 sqlerrtext = "can't run sp_addlogin from within a transaction&quo...

ASA and ASE stored procedures -- problems with..
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0037_01BF587C.BF33DF60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Greetings. Has anyone encountered differences with ASA and ASE stored procedures = when using temporary tables (select colA into #temp_table from app_table where...). I created several stored procedures while using ASA which = since have been migrated to ASE. I am running into some peculiarities with what worked in ODBC and now = does not work in the Enterprise. This is for both sto...

Problems with stored procedures in ASE 12
I have recently upgraded a test RS6000 server running AIX 4.3.3 maintenance level 6 from ASE 11.0.3.3 to ASE 12. A stored procedure to create a table which used to run perfectly well in a matter of minutes now hangs completely, but the same code when run as a script runs in seconds. The clue, I think, is in the showplans for the script and stored procedure. For the script you just get: QUERY PLAN FOR STATEMENT 1 (at line 1). STEP 1 The type of query is CREATE TABLE. But for the stored procedure after this line STEP 1 The type of query is EXE...

Stored Procedure declaration in Powerbuilder against ASA\ASE
Hi, I Have an powerbuilder application running against the ASE 11.5. In this app i have stored proc's for updating, deleting and inserting data in ASE. This application is up and running fine. Right now we are in the process of adding the replication server\functionality. For this i need the same powerbuilder application to work against he ASA 6.03 dB. I copied all the proc's from ASE to ASA(Compiled in Transact-SQL) . They got compiled fine and are working fine from ISQL. When i try to compile from Powerbuilder application, procedure declaration does not compile. Can ...

Problem calling DB2 stored procedure from PowerBuilder
I am trying to call a DB2 stored procedure written in Java from my PowerBuilder 8.0.3 app. (My version of UDB is 7.2 and it resides on an AIX box.) My stored proc accepts one input parameter and does not return a result set. The procedure runs fine from DB2 Stored Procedure Builder, but I have not been able to get it to work from PowerBuilder. I have tried several different ways of calling this stored proc, and none of them have worked. I have read everything I can find on the web about this, and I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have tried creating a user object o...

Problem with Returning a Value from a Stored Procedure to Powerbuilder
I am using Powerbuilder 6.5.1 and Sql Anywhere 6.0.3 I trying to call a Strored Procedure from within Powerbuilder.This procedure should return me a value to tell me if everything went ok in this procedure.The procedure runs but it does not return me a value back to powerbuiler. ----------------------------------------------- Here's a shorten ver of the Stored Procedure. ----------------------------------------------- Alter procedure DBA.Unbill_wkst(in d_invoice_id decimal(10),out s_ret_code char(3)) begin atomic Declare no_error exception for sqlstate value '00000...

Web resources about - problem while running a stored procedure from powerbuilder - sybase.ase.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles