password encryption through open client

Hello

    As I know that by using ODBC connection, there is a click box which can
encrypt the password. However, I don't know how to encrypt the password by
using
open client connection. Any other parameters can pass to open client to
enable the password encryption?

Regards

Kwan

bkfung

You can write your open client programs to accept any arbitrary parameter to
enable password encryption; the usual standard, though is, '-X'.  If you have
any other
followup questions on open client, please post them to the open client
newsgroup
sybase.public.connectivity.open_client instead.

-bret

bkfung wrote:

> Hello
>
>     As I know that by using ODBC connection, there is a click box which can
> encrypt the password. However, I don't know how to encrypt the password by
> using
> open client connection. Any other parameters can pass to open client to
> enable the password encryption?
>
> Regards
>
> Kwan

Bret
4/15/2002 2:56:24 PM
Hello

    Because I use Delphi for development, I want to know how to send to '-X'
parameter throguth Delphi

Regards

Kwan

"Bret Halford" <bret@sybase.com> wrote in message
> You can write your open client programs to accept any arbitrary parameter
> enable password encryption; the usual standard, though is, '-X'.  If you
have
> any other
> followup questions on open client, please post them to the open client
> newsgroup
> sybase.public.connectivity.open_client instead.
>
> -bret
>

> bkfung wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> >     As I know that by using ODBC connection, there is a click box which
can
> > encrypt the password. However, I don't know how to encrypt the password
by
> > using
> > open client connection. Any other parameters can pass to open client to
> > enable the password encryption?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Kwan

bkfung

Any way to force Open Client password encryption?
Hi, Anyone know if there is a way to force Open Client password encryption on? In other words, make ASE deny the connection if the CS_SEC_ENCRYPTION connection property is not set (or the -X option is not supplied to isql, bcp, etc). I've not seen anything in Sybooks that would suggest that this is possible, so this is a long shot... but it would be nice to know either way! thanks, Graham Offhand, the only way I can think of to do this would be to write an Openserver passthrough gateway that clients would connect to and be passed through to ASE, and it could check for ...

Password Encryption through Open Client using Delphi
I am going to develop a client application using Delphi 6 Enterprise Edition to access Sybase using Open Client with password encryption feature. I have read passages on how to do password encryption through Open Client. However, it looked like C code. Can anyone enlighten me on how and where to put the password encryption codes in my Delphi program. I am quite sure it should be somewhere around the database component property. But I don't know what exactly to do. Thanks for your help. ...

Open Client - ASE 15
I have been running 12.5.3 and have the user ID and password embedded in the registry settings of the ODBC driver. How do I do that in 15? On 1 May 2007 14:03:41 -0700, Bob Hassel wrote: Try the sybase.public.connectivity.odbc newsgroup if you get no response here. J >I have been running 12.5.3 and have the user ID and password >embedded in the registry settings of the ODBC driver. > >How do I do that in 15? Hi Bob, How do you embed the password in the registry? What odbc driver is this? -Paul <Bob Hassel> wrote in message news:4637ab2d.5d4b.1...

Encryption format for password when "Save password" option selected on client.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Novell iFolder\%username%\Home\ EncryptedPasswordLength = 08000000 EncryptedPassword = 2022404A475F4254 These entries were created after the "Save password" option was selected on the iFolder client. (iFolder 2.15) Does anyone know whether those registry entries contain the password and if so what encryption algorithm is used, or if the entries are a key to the password in eDirectory (say secret store) then what mechanism is used to retrieve the password? I am trying to work out whether the password is stored in a more secure manner than...

Open Client and ASE
ASE 11.9.2.4 (ESD 4 - SWR 9582) AIX 4.3.3 (IBM RS/6000) What files, if any, does ASE load as dynamic libraries from $LIBPATH (the AIX shared library path, same as $LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Solaris) on startup in order to be able to communicate with Open Client applications? Kind regards. In article <BBEFF7FEE94BF9F50039174385256A86.0039175085256A86@webforums>, "Darren" <unknown@spammesenseless.net> wrote: > ASE 11.9.2.4 (ESD 4 - SWR 9582) AIX 4.3.3 (IBM RS/6000) > > What files, if any, does ASE load as dynamic libraries from $LIBPATH > (the AIX s...

Encryption password through ope client
Hello As I know that by using ODBC connection, there is a click box which can encrypt the password. However, I know how to encrypt the password by using open client connection. Any other parameters can pass to open client to enable the password encryption? Regards Kwan 15 April 2002 ...

Open Clients with ASE for Linux
Before I build a Linux box as a Sybase server, can anybody tell me whether the distribution includes Open Clients for WIN 95/NT or whether I have to buy these separately. Thanks Paul Paul Le Monde wrote: > > Before I build a Linux box as a Sybase server, can anybody tell me > whether the distribution includes Open Clients for WIN 95/NT or whether > I have to buy these separately. AFAIK you have to buy those separately. Michael -- Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc. mpeppler@mbay.net -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler Int. Sybase Use...

ASE/Open client compatibility
Hi all We're considering moving up to ASE 12.5 (from 11.9.2) and I was wondering what the min 'Open client' version 12.5 requires.. as in can I install my new 12.5 ASE and maintain my 11.1.x open client? TIA P. ....Never mind.. got the answer when I went browsing through the 'open client' group. :-P Thks anyway.. P. ...

ASE Open Client Installation
I'm trying to install the open client from the ASE CD (11.9.2 and 11.0.3) and getting an access violation. I'm running NT WKStation 4.0 with SR4 on a P266 notebook with 128mg of memory and 6.4g hard drive. It appears that the initial installation is going along fine until the very end when the install is trying to update the registry... Here is copy of the sybsetup.log that gets created during the install... Sybsetup 2.1.1.1 Current date is 7-24-1999 Current time is 10:16:47 Initializing the screen... Initializing Sybsetup internal global variables... Detecting your s...

Open Client/Server
An easy question here. Are these two products included with the purchase of ASE or are they separate? Thanks in Advance. Hello, Yes, Open Client is installed when you install ASE. If you look in your $SYBASE/bin directory, you should see Open Client utilities like "isql" and "bcp". You can find the version of Open Client on UNIX by: strings -a $SYBASE/lib/libct.a | grep Sybase or on NT by: find /I "Intel" d:\sybase\dll\libct.dll Keven Aldridge wrote: > An easy question here. > > Are these two products included wit...

ASE 15 password encryption and PHP
How to connect to ASE15 server with password encryption from PHP? On 10 Jun 2009 08:55:32 -0700, George Brink <siberianowl@yahoo.com> wrote: George, I don't know the PHP part of this. The ctlib connection property is set like this on the connection in the same place you set the login name and the password: CS_BOOL isTrue = CS_TRUE; ret = ct_con_props(connection, CS_SET, CS_SEC_ENCRYPTION, &isTrue, CS_UNUSED, NULL); Jay >How to connect to ASE15 server with password encryption from PHP? I know how to connect through CtLib... Just looked at...

User Cannot open Client with blank password
Hi, I have all user with this problem: If I leave the Groupwise client (6.5.4) with the password blank the users cannot open the client. (error message is: "Access to GroupWise has been denied. Please ensure that you are using the correct user ID."). Users have novell client for netware, if I remove this the users can open the Gwise client. If I reinstall the Novell Client for Netware users cannot open groupwise. Thank you for help. Daniele Hello danielegb@gmail.com, For this to work, you need security set to Low on that post office - every other security...

Open Client/Server Included with ASE?
Are these two products included with the purchase of ASE or are they separate? Thanks in Advance. Keven Aldridge wrote: > > Are these two products included with the purchase of ASE or are they > separate? Open Client comes with it. Open Server is a separate product. -am � 2001 ...

Questions on ASE 15 Open Client
I am writing a program (PowerBuilder) that reads sql.ini to build a server name dropdown on it's logon window. With my Open Client 11 installation, I get the SYBASE environment variable and the sql.ini file is in the 'ini' directory below that. So if SYBASE is 'C:\Sybase', the filename is 'C:\Sybase\ini\sql.ini'. My question is whether this will work with Open Client for ASE 12 and ASE 15? Thanks, Roland On Feb 16, 2:59=A0pm, "Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com> wrote: > I am writing a program (PowerB...

Web resources about - password encryption through open client - sybase.ase.general

Encryption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For technical reasons, an encryption scheme usually uses a pseudo-random encryption key generated by an algorithm. It is in principle possible ...

REPORT: Facebook’s Outdated Web Encryption Technology May Have Enabled Prism
Facebook still uses encryption keys with 1,024-bit lengths, while the industry standard used by Internet companies — including Apple, Microsoft, ...

Search Twitter - encryption
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh Tech Investor News @ TechInvestNews 2m Secusmart puts its BlackBerry encryption chip to work on the desktop (Netflash) ...

Hide Text - Text encryption and secret messages on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hide Text - Text encryption and secret messages on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Apple voices opposition to UK bill that would force it to weaken iOS encryption
... UK parliamentary committee. But the Government does not know in advance which individuals will become targets of investigation, so the encryption ...

Hillary Clinton wants “Manhattan-like project” to break encryption
... debate ( transcript here ), moderator Martha Raddatz asked Clinton about Apple CEO Tim Cook's statements that any effort to break encryption ...

Tim Cook: Apple will not budge on encryption
With many U.S. lawmakers calling for an end to encryption, Tim Cook has decided to reiterate Apple’s stance on the matter. Apple’s CEO believes ...

Tim Cook defends Apple’s stance on encryption: ‘We’re America, we can have privacy and security’
Appearing on 60 Minutes on Sunday, Apple CEO Tim Cook passionately defended Apple's support of encryption on iOS devices. When asked about terrorists ...

Apple looks to take down British encryption plan
Apple has said that a proposed encryption bill in the U.K. Parliament would send the tech sector into chaos.

New Chinese law takes aim at encryption
A new law passed by China's Parliament on Sunday requires technology companies to assist the government in decrypting content, a provision that ...