Open Client Client-Library (CS_VERSION_110) Multithreaded Programming

Hi,

I am going to develog a Multithreaded Programming on a "HP-UX m3vmsa3
B.11.00 U 9000/800 178951547 unlimited-user license" operating system.
Sybase provides a "sybopts.sh" helper script   for UNIX makefiles. For
HPUX it provides two tags: hp800 and dce_hp800.

In "Open Client/Server Programmer's Supplement for UNIX" says that
Client-Library version 11.1 includes a new set of libraries that
provide access to Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) services
that provides "Multithreaded programming support", so I guess that I
must use the dce_hp800 tag.

Is all this right?

Thanks in advance,
Jose Luis.

0
Jose

Hello,

There is a newsgroup for Open Client programming:

Please post your question there.  Include the output from the following command:

strings -a $SYBASE/$SYBASE_OSC/libct.a | grep Sybase

Thanks,
   Neal
0
SybaseNeal
3/6/2008 4:18:47 PM
On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 01:41:33 -0800 (PST), Jose Luis
<jose.luis.fdez.diaz@gmail.com> wrote:

Jose,

This is better posted in the open client newsgroup.  Long ago, not all
Unix vendors had Posix versions of their threaded support. All vendors
first implemented dce threading which is really Posix at a very early
version.  Over time the standards were refined and everyone had Posix
(MS excepted) threads at a higher version level.

So back at very old level, early Sybase Open Client threading was
built on top of dce thread libraries and required dce thread libraries
from the vendors.

The version 11 Open Client is long out of support.   Look at the
linking that setting the dce_hp800 tag gives you it probably requires
the dce thread libraries from HP (lot's of luck getting them).

Sybase continued to use the tag name dce_<platform> for  a short while
after Posix was available even though Posix libraries were used.

Looking at the sybopts.sh should show you this.

setenv SYBPLATFORM dce_hp800
sybopts.sh compile ct cs comlibs syslibs     should show the linking
and libraries required.

Here is a 15x. HPUX example.  (note at newer levels you don't call out
the cs library).

cshell:

[ctlibrary]$ setenv SYBPLATFORM nthread_hpux

[ctlibrary]$ sybopts.sh compile ct comlibs syslibs   <=== add cs to
this line to see compile and link lines for your version of ctlib

 cc -g -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -Ae +Z +DA1.1 +DS2.0 -lsybct_r
-lsybtcl_r -lsybcs_r -lsybcomn_r -lsybintl_r -lsybunic -lpthread -lrt
-lcl -lm -lBSD -ldld -Wl,-E,+s

>Hi,
>
>I am going to develog a Multithreaded Programming on a "HP-UX m3vmsa3
>B.11.00 U 9000/800 178951547 unlimited-user license" operating system.
>Sybase provides a "sybopts.sh" helper script   for UNIX makefiles. For
>HPUX it provides two tags: hp800 and dce_hp800.
>
>In "Open Client/Server Programmer's Supplement for UNIX" says that
>Client-Library version 11.1 includes a new set of libraries that
>provide access to Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) services
>that provides "Multithreaded programming support", so I guess that I
>must use the dce_hp800 tag.
>
>Is all this right?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Jose Luis.

0
jtotally_bogus

Open-client library failed in CGI programming?
Hi, I got the error "error in init_db : cs_ctx_alloc." when calling cs_ctx_alloc in CGI programming. The platform I use is SGI irix 6.3 and native C compiler 7.2. I wonder if there is a way to solve it. Thanks. mike Michael Tung wrote: > > Hi, > > I got the error "error in init_db : cs_ctx_alloc." when calling > cs_ctx_alloc in CGI programming. > The platform I use is SGI irix 6.3 and native C compiler 7.2. > I wonder if there is a way to solve it. I bet that the SYBASE environment variable isn't set correctly. Mic...

MASP client/Open Client
We are using Oracle 8x as our db. Our datawindow selects and updates are completed via stored procs. Does this make them a jag MASP client - If so, if we switch from using the Oracle native drivers to ODBC - do we have to configure Open Client? (there is a bit of a write up about this on p. 48 of Installation Guide sent with PB 7 but I don't know if it applies to non-sybase dbs) -- Jenine Serviolo 757.865.8440 x116 MASP refers to the way the client talks to Jaguar, it has nothing to do with database access that the server or components may make. You need Open Clie...

Net-Library and the Open Client-Library
Can someone tell me where to get the sybase software noted below: "Sybase Net-Library and the Sybase Open Client-Library, version 10.03 or later for Windows NT" Any comments much appreciated. TNX. rick colman colman@uci.edu ...

open client client library/c samples on win95 can't work,help!!!!!!
the samples have come through the compile and link phrases. but it has swamped into infinite loop when function ct_connect() executes.env:win95+open client 10.0+vc6.0 server:sybase 10.0+sco unix many thanks ...

open client client library/c samples on win95 can't work,help!!!!!! #2
the samples have come through the compile and link phrases. but it has swamped into infinite loop when function ct_connect() executes.env:win95+open client 10.0+vc6.0 server:sybase 10.0+sco unix many thanks ...

Open Client
Would anyone be able to offer another answer to my question below. Steve You might also be able to get more help on this issue in the sybase.public.connectivity.open_client newsgroup. -bret Bret Halford wrote: > > Hi Steve, > > My understanding is that blib came with the Open Client SDK, rather than > with ASE, and that they weren't installed by default. > > I've also found a tech support case that indicates that the Borland > libraries are no longer supported as of OC 12.x, but that you could > continue > to use Open Client 11.x...

Open Mail Client on client machine
Hello,  I need to open the default mail client on a client machine once he hits a button (or link) on UI. The mail client must be populated with default info (from, to, bcc, cc, sub, body, priority). I understand that two approaches are 1. Using Mailto: (but with limitations like Cant use a FROM field, Cant set Priority, Mail Size limitation) - Hence cant use this 2. Using MAPI (but the code I have opens outlook on server rather than client machine)  Can someone help with MAPI code that opens outlook on client machine?...

Open Client installation at remote clients
We're running ASE 11.9 with clients using a Power Builder app. The clients are geographically dispersed (up to about 1,000 miles away), so we'd like to automate the distribution and installation of Open Client. I'm sure this is a situation that comes up often, so I wanted to see what soluations are out there that work. Can anybody tell me what's the best way of automating the distribution, installation and configuration process? Thanks in advance, Larry Coon University of California larry@assist.org and lmcoon@home.com ...

Open Client Library
Hi everyone, This is a follow up to a previous post discussing column-level encryption options in Sybase ASE 12.0. We are studying the use of Open Client feature and have a few questions: 1. Where is the Sybase Open Client library? 2. Does Open Client require a separate installation and/or license? I looked at the Open Client documentation regarding installation but only saw two documents there: Adaptive Server Enterprise ODBC Driver Installation Guide and Adaptive Server Enterprise OLE DB Provider Installation Guide 3. How do I compile my source code in the Open Clien...

Open Client-Library
I am in the process of porting C code from a Sun Solaris server using Sybase 11 to a Windows 95/VC++ environment using SQL Anywhere. The Sybase code used the Open Client/Server Library functions. I can not find any information regarding Open Client/Server in the SQL Anywhere manuals or on-line Help. I have found a separate Sybase directory on my local drive that has DLL libraries ( libct.dll,ect) that look like they might be compatible with Open Client/Server. Also, there is an INI directory with a help file that mentions configuring INI and CFG files for Open Client. Do you have any d...

Open client library
Hi, Can I use open-client libraries as database api for CGI programming? Thank you. mike This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------3048383251CAD5DFD9759196 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Michael Tung wrote: > Hi, > > Can I use open-client libraries as database api for CGI programming? > > Thank you. > > mike Yup J --------------3048383251CAD5DFD9759196 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="jfroebe.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Desc...

Open Client and ASE
ASE 11.9.2.4 (ESD 4 - SWR 9582) AIX 4.3.3 (IBM RS/6000) What files, if any, does ASE load as dynamic libraries from $LIBPATH (the AIX shared library path, same as $LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Solaris) on startup in order to be able to communicate with Open Client applications? Kind regards. In article <BBEFF7FEE94BF9F50039174385256A86.0039175085256A86@webforums>, "Darren" <unknown@spammesenseless.net> wrote: > ASE 11.9.2.4 (ESD 4 - SWR 9582) AIX 4.3.3 (IBM RS/6000) > > What files, if any, does ASE load as dynamic libraries from $LIBPATH > (the AIX s...

open windows client application from web client
Hello, How can i open a windows client from my web client application? I read about this a long time ago. Can someone please provide me with documentation and examples to learn from.   Regards, There are two ways: 1) use an ActiveX control. The user has to agree to install it. With an ActiveX control,  you can do almost anything. 2) for well-known file extensions such as xls and doc, you can just put a link to the file. When the user clicks on the link, the application will open. The application (Excel, Word, etc.) needs to be installed on the user's computer for this to...

GW802HP3 client

Web resources about - Open Client Client-Library (CS_VERSION_110) Multithreaded Programming - sybase.ase.general

JavaScript Client Library for Google APIs Alpha version released
... efforts to provide infrastructure and tools to make it easier for developers to use Google APIs: we have released the Google APIs Client Library ...

Python Client Library for Google APIs is out of Beta
Antonio Joe By Joe Gregorio and Antonio Fuentes, Google Developer Team We have awesome news for Python developers. The Python Client Library ...

Adobe, Facebook Unite for ActionScript 3 Client Library on Facebook Platform
Adobe says that developers can now utilize its ActionScript 3 Client Library in building new applications for the Facebook Platform. With the ...

Google Updates Java Client Library for AdWords API
Google has released a new Java Client Library for the AdWords API. In version 2.1.0, minor fixes have been made which include removing j2ee dependencies, ...

Serious flaw in GnuTLS library endangers SSL clients and systems
... to crash TLS clients and potentially execute malicious code on underlying systems was patched in the popular GnuTLS cryptographic library.

GnuTLS library flaw could expose SSL clients, systems
... to crash TLS clients and potentially execute malicious code on underlying systems was patched in the popular GnuTLS cryptographic library.

Serious flaw in GnuTLS library endangers SSL clients and systems
... to crash TLS clients and potentially execute malicious code on underlying systems was patched in the popular GnuTLS cryptographic library. The ...

Serious flaw in GnuTLS library endangers SSL clients and systems
... to crash TLS clients and potentially execute malicious code on underlying systems was patched in the popular GnuTLS cryptographic library. ...

Airbnb Open Sources Rendr, A Library For Running Backbone.js Apps On Both Client And Server
Airbnb today announced that it is open sourcing Rendr , its library for running Backbone.js apps seamlessly on both the client and the server. ...

GA Release for Google APIs Client Library for .NET
... language on nearly any hardware, you can call any of our APIs. However, to be truly useful on many platforms, it helps to have a client library ...