Network packet layer error

I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new
machine).

Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain
circumstances looses its connection with
"ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library
error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed".

It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements
in one area of the application.  All other
areas (of the application) function correctly.

I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from
the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

This error occurs if the client PC has 11.9.2 or 12.0
installed so it probably is not an issue with the local
client libraries.

When I change the client protocol from WinSockets to Named
pipes the application works.  Although this is a solution
I am not happy knowing there is a "bug" with the server as
it may re-surface somewhere else at a future point.
0
AWheeler

On 17 Mar 2004 19:26:10 -0800,
 in sybase.public.ase.general
 <AWheeler> wrote:
>I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new
>machine).
>
>Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain
>circumstances looses its connection with
>"ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library
>error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed".
>
>It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements
>in one area of the application.  All other
>areas (of the application) function correctly.
>
>I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from
>the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary.
>
>This error occurs if the client PC has 11.9.2 or 12.0
>installed so it probably is not an issue with the local
>client libraries.
>
>When I change the client protocol from WinSockets to Named
>pipes the application works.  Although this is a solution
>I am not happy knowing there is a "bug" with the server as
>it may re-surface somewhere else at a future point.

Hi,

You will want to ask this on the PowerBuilder newsgroups as you will likely need
to update the drivers of OpenClient & PB.

Jason L. Froebe

Bookcrossing (http://www.bookcrossing.com)
WebBlog http://www.livejournal.com/users/jfroebe

TeamSybase (http://www.teamsybase.com)
ISUG member (http://www.isug.com)
Chicago Sybase Tools User Group (http://www.cpbug.com)
0
Jason

ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received
Has anyone seen this? Server: Sun Solaris Client: Winnt-sybase system 10 john.taber@cntcorp.com I have the same thing that happens on: Server: Windown NT - Sybase 11 & Sybase 12 Client: Alpha VMS Sybase system 10 I have never been able to track down the cause. <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:1AA373CC983538CC0072CF018525695B.0072CF0E8525695B@webforums... > Has anyone seen this? > > Server: Sun Solaris > Client: Winnt-sybase system 10 > > john.taber@cntcorp.com What are your server settings for: default network packet s...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received
Has anyone seen this? Server: SUn Solaris Client: Winnt 4.0 Sybase system 10 client John.taber@cntcorp.com ...

Network packet layer error with ASE 11.9.2 on NT4
G'Day, Would anyone happen to come across this type of problem, with ASE 11.9.2 and pb5. In the postopen event of a window, a seperate transaction object is created and used. The information for this transaction object is copied from sqlca. This problem didn't occur on ASE 11.5.1, but occurs on ASE 11.9.2, both on NT4. The first time the window is opened it connects fine, close the window down and re-open it, and the following error occurs "ct_close(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect" and...

Network packet layer error with ASE 11.9.2 on NT4
G'Day, Would anyone happen to come across this type of problem, with ASE 11.9.2 and pb5. In the postopen event of a window, a seperate transaction object is created and used. The information for this transaction object is copied from sqlca. This problem didn't occur on ASE 11.5.1, but occurs on ASE 11.9.2, both on NT4. The first time the window is opened it connects fine, close the window down and re-open it, and the following error occurs "ct_close(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect" and...

network packet layer error
I am trying to set up sybase to have one sybase application (solaris) talk to another (dec unix). I get the following error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Kathy Holland kholland1@home.com ...

General error in the 'certicom_ssl' network layer...The system specific error code is -6993
Mobilink 8.0.0.2213 ASA 8.0.0.2213 Some of our Mobilink clients were intermittently getting failures which showed at the consolidated as - "General error in the 'certicom_ssl' network layer. The operation would cause blocking. The system specific error code is -6993(...)" - which we were brushing off as 'comms problems', as this was the only advice we could find. Two clients now *persistently* get this error, so it's time to delve. Can anyone shed light? Looking at the debug messages at the consolidated end, it appears as though the upl...

network packet layer error
I'm trying to connect to the SQL server and getting this err msg: internal net library error: net-lib protocol driver call to write data failed. Anyone knows what's wrong? mflower wrote... > I'm trying to connect to the SQL server and getting this err msg: internal > net library error: net-lib protocol driver call to write > data failed. Anyone knows what's wrong? > It could be that your interfaces file is not set up properly. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services ...

Network Packet Layer Error
When updating a text column with this char(133) from a Visual Foxpro 6 application I receive the following error: DIAG [S1000] [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect (6) This error only occurs at one client site of mine using Adaptive Server Enterprise/11.5.1/P/HP9000-800/HP-UX 10.0/1/opt/Sun Mar 8 09:27:07 PST 1998. I am not able to recreate the error on any other platform. Thank You Phil Rogers Phil, The error is coming from the netlib layer of O...

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is av...

network packet layer error #2
hi i am using ASE 12.5.2 we are using a powerbuilder utility which reads data from a text file line by line does some front end validation and inserts into the database through a stored procedure. The size size of the text file is huge and it takes nearly 3 hours to complete usually. But now its throwing the following database errors and aborting after one or two hours. " ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect" "ct_cmd_alloc(): user api layer: external error: The connection has been marked...

Cleint ERROR
Hi, I'm working on hpux 10.20 with ctlib 11.1. I have a program that receives a notification and right after it tries to retrieve a table. The retrieve fails with the following error: Client ERROR: Severity 5 number 18 Layer 5 Origin 1 Text: ct_result(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received. If I put a delay between the notification reception and the retrieve - everything works fine. Any ideas ?? ...

Network packet layer error #2
I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new machine). Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain circumstances looses its connection with "ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed". It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements in one area of the application. All other areas (of the application) function correctly. I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary. This error occurs if the client PC has 11...

General network error. Check your network documentation. Error number 11
  Hi,I am getting the following error (When i am trying to update the column thru windows service) Please let me know the solution for the following.The following error is comming only when i set CommandTimeout to infinity (Commandtimeout=0).General network error.  Check your network documentation. Number 11 Procedure ConnectionRead (recv()). Class 20 State 0 Source .Net SqlClient Data Provider Server  Line number 0 Thanks and Best RegardsNagaraju A Then I probably wouldn't set the CommandTimeout to zero, that's an easy fix. For other ideas of what might be...

error message: "General network error. Check your network documentation."
I am getting the error below when I try to bind data to a drop down box using data adapter. This error is random. I have been getting the same type of error when I used data reader. Anyone knows how to prevent these generic network errors? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- General network error. Check your network documentation. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code...

Web resources about - Network packet layer error - sybase.ase.general

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Talk:PlayStation Network outage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Video games , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of video games on Wikipedia. If ...

Andrew Bolt's Channel Ten show The Bolt Report reportedly cancelled by network
Conservative commentator Andrew Bolt's show The Bolt Report has reportedly been axed by Channel Ten after more than four years.

V/Line trains banned from Metro network
... railway services have been thrown into chaos&nbsp;after V/Line's new&nbsp;VLocity&nbsp;trains were banned for the metropolitan railway network ...

Apple announces it will discontinue iAd App Network for developers on June 30th
On its developer news blog, Apple has announced that it is closing the iAd App Network on June 30th. Targeted at smaller publishers, the iAd ...

Decent Sampling for USA's 'Colony' as Network Looks for Another 'Mr. Robot'
A pair of Golden Globes wins for "Mr. Robot" may not have translated to a huge turnout for USA Network's newest drama series, but the initial ...

Kuwait Oil Company opts for Cisco Security Solutions for high-security network
Al-Bawaba Kuwait Oil Company opts for Cisco Security Solutions for high-security network Al-Bawaba Cisco today announced that Kuwait Oil Co. ...

iAd App Network Will Be Discontinued
Apple: The iAd App Network will be discontinued as of June 30, 2016. Although we are no longer accepting new apps into the network, advertising ...

Police department charging TV news network $36,000 for body cam footage
... however, has now become front and center: How much should the public have to pay for the footage if the police agree to release it? News network ...

ESI cost control and networks
... the pool of covered lives healthier and thus cheaper to insure. One of the few things that have not been mentioned in either context is network ...