Merge two text columns into one text column

Hi Everyone..

I would like to know what is the best way to merge two text column into one
test column in the table.

Thanks

pbj

0
pbj

ANY HELP PLS..
0
PBJ
11/6/2001 3:52:40 PM
Are you using any front end application or unix or just the isql to merge
two text datatype columns?

If you are using any front end application then it should not be a problem
to merge the two text datatype columns.
0
AZ

Limit of text in a text column?
I'm using SQL data base file, and using Grideview control. I have the Table Column as text field. But every time I want to add Medium size paragraph or larger it wont save the data as is. It cuts it down to a small fraction of the data I enter. How Can I get rid of the text limit? Try to set the width of you GridView columns to auto.. so that if your data is too long then it will just stretches the columnIf that wont works, Please do inform me. Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog |...

creating a table text column with a tootip. Tooltip needs to be a popup when mouseover or hoverover text column
I am creating  single line table columns dynamacially in and ajax UpdatePanel with text results.  The results really contains a bulk of data which i put in a tooltip. The problem is that when i mouseover the column, the tooltip shows but only for 5 seconds, not long enough and you can't copy and paste whats in the tooltip. Is there a extension in ajax that i can use to mouseover or hoverover that will let me copy the results and paste it?  If so, what is it and how do I use it. TableCell TC4 = new TableCell(); TC4.Width = 300; TC4.Text = LimitedResults; TC4....

I want to save two texts in one column of table.What is the query for this?
I am trying to do one scheduling  website for my company. Its contains  tasks thats we scheduling  for ourself each one and the assigning task by the boss to everyone. I want to do this with two tables. I need to save the task and assigned task in one column named as "Tasks" and to gave after the task name assigned or myself scheduled. Also after deletion of each assigned and scheduled it must save in the table with some name like deleted or any symbol. How can I do this?please help me to solve this issue.  I'm not sure I understand your question(s). ...

Text Rotation in a DW Text Column
I am trying to display data( from a text column in a crosstab presentation) rotated 90 degrees. I have specified a value of 900 in the font.escapement field on expressions tab for the column. This does not work. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish text rotation? Is it possible? Thanks in advacnce for your help. Bob McCrory Make sure you left align the column. Autoseize height doesn't work when using font.escapement, so you will have to increase the column height yourself. -- Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Terry Joe wrote in message <35E...

Text Rotation in a DW Text Column
I am trying to display text data (from a text column in a crosstab presentation style) rotated 90 degrees. I have specified a value of 900 in the font.escapement field on the expressions tab for the column. This does not work. The documentation leads me to believe that this field relates to graphic elements. Is it possible to rotate text in a text column of a datawindow? Is there a 3rd party control I could purchase that would allow me to do this? Thanks in advance for your help. Bob McCrory In PB 5.0 , it is working fine. But not in Pb 6.0. I think , it is a bug in PB ...

Combine Two Different Columns into one column
Hi Guys,   I have twotables(Employee and Borrower). In Employee table have EMPID and Borrower table have BorrowerID. I want to comebine these two columns into one column as EMPID  in Employee table. Can  any one help? Thanks what is realtion between to tables ?   Use    Union Thanks for reply. Acutally Employee table EMPID, NAME Columns. in this Employee table had 12000 rows. Borrower table has BorrowerID,BType etc.. .Here Employee ID and BorrowerID both are same. This table has 16000 rows. Now my what i want to do is Come EMPID and BorrowerID and ...

T-SQL: how to append more text to a TEXT column?
Hi, I am trying to append some text to the TEMPSOL column (declared as TEXT NULL) in the REPORTS database: declare @PTR varbinary(16) select @PTR = textptr(TEMPSOL) from REPORTS /* insert_offset = NULL */ where REGNUM = 1 /* delete_length = 0 */ updatetext REPORTS.TEMPSOL @PTR NULL 0 (char(10) + char(13) + 'blah blah') but get the following error message: Incorrect syntax near 'updatetext'. Can anyone please help? Regards Alex ...

Grouping two columns into one column with GridView
I would like to modify the default output of a gridview to group two columns into one column. This is probably best explained by example. So, lets say there is a simple gridview with the output something like this:Name           Description                           Date------------------------------------------------------------------Foo            Some description of foo     &nb...

Text in bound column vs button column
Why does this code NOT work if the column is a button column? It seems not to be reading what text is in the column, but does if it is bound. Private Sub dgTest_ItemCommand(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs) Handles dgTest.ItemCommand If e.CommandName = "Bio" Then Dim idCell As TableCell = e.Item.Cells(4) Session("testSess") = idCell.Text End If End Sub I have tried a few things different but with no luck. Always seem to be creating another hi...

Text column width as a function of the text length
Does anyone know of an expression to determine a column width based on the extent of its text? I am trying to create the following effect: +------------------------------------------------+ | This is a column with box border and long text | +------------------------------------------------+ +-----------------------------------------+ | Column with box border and shorter text | +-----------------------------------------+ +-----------------+ | Very short text | +-----------------+ Essentially, a horizontal auto-resize effect. Anyone? Thanks, Roy Roy Kiesler Software Enginee...

how to split the content of one column in the objectdatasource into two parts and let them display in two columns in the GridView?
i combine the title and the body of one article and store it in one column in the database,but i want to show the title and body seperately in the GridView,how should i achieve this goal?thank you so much for your advice!!! you can write the logic of splitting the column into two (title and body) in the query itself by which you are filling the datasource..Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that me...

ASE Text Column into MLE
I'm maintaining a PB7 application, which connects to an ASE 10.5 database. We want to try to use a ASE Text column to store some document data, and then display that data in a multi-line edit in the application. I don't know where to start. The data has been put into the database table, and I can read it from there with a readtext statement in ISQL. How do I retrieve this stuff into my PB multi-line edit? Dave S. It shouldn't be any difference from a char column: select textcolumn into :mle_1.text from dbo.thetable where pkcolumn = :thepkey; "Davi...

how to hide column data but keep column header text
 Hello,i want to hide my column data programmatically (C#) but still keep the column and its header.Like if i have a column with header "Title". All the data in this column must not be visible.any suggestion? Thank you  If it is all the data in a given column, then one way of doing it, would be to change: SELECT A, B, C, TITLE FROM TABLEtoSELECT A, B, C, TITLE, '' AS TITLE2 FROM TABLE Duplicate the Title column and change the data that is displayed in the second to TITLE2. For those that are allowed to see the data, show the first, for those tha...

two db table column, one datagrid column
Dear all, I have a db table which have two column, first name and last name. Can I show them in one datagrid column? Thanks Yes you may. Through the usage of the TemplateColumn, yes. An example of this: <code> <asp:DataGrid runat="server" ID="dgSomeGrid">     <Columns>         <asp:TemplateColumn>             <ItemTemplate>                 <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataSource, "LastName") %&g...

Web resources about - Merge two text columns into one text column - sybase.ase.general

Politics, Political News - The Capitol Column
Covering the politics of science, technology, business, entertainment, Capitol Hill, and health.

Column vector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. In linear algebra , a column ...

Column 8
&quot;While researching my English ancestors recently,&quot; writes Kerry Close of Point Clare, &quot;I came across the 1851 Census for Buckingham ...

Column 8
Ah, Boxing Day &ndash; when the ruins of Yuletide feasts and ransacked cellars are flensed&#8203; and gargled, cricketers and sailors bake in ...

Becoming The Perfect Faculty Member: An Advice Column
What is tenure all about? Selfish preservation of yourself without regard to the institution, of course.

An NYT ‘Weddings’ Column for the Ages
About the only thing missing from Jamie Diamond ’s epic backgrounder on the Dec. 5 Los Angeles wedding of comedienne Carol Leifer and real estate ...

Patt Rall Column: The arts and Bemidji go hand in hand
Bemidji Pioneer Patt Rall Column: The arts and Bemidji go hand in hand Bemidji Pioneer Watching Bridget O' Sullivan fulfilling her ambition ...

In the middle of a NYT column explaining research into human psychology: "It had no effect on people ...
... in the Middle East among people who identified as politically conservative. It had no effect on people who identified as liberal. The column ...

Sunita Narain: Expectations from Paris - Business Standard Column Widgets Magazine Widgets Magazine Widgets ...
The Paris agreement must accept that all countries have the right to development and that this requires equitable sharing of the global carbon ...

Tim O'Sullivan column:
Concord Monitor Tim O' Sullivan column: Concord Monitor Danny Ainge needs to acquire more talent. Young players like Smart and Olynyk need ...