Having issues loading a dump from ASE 15 beta2 into ASE 15.
Beta license expired so installed new copy of ASE 15 and the
dumps from beta2 do not load.
Have tried doing remote load into ASE 15 using beta2 backup
server.  Issues here because dumps done with level 4
compression:
1> load database dbadmin from
"compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat"
at IT_BETA_back
2> go
Backup Server: 5.21.2.1: Remote DUMP/LOAD is not allowed
when interfacing to a stripe for device
'compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat'.

30 10:50:40 2005: Backup Server: 2.23.1.1: Connection from
Server IT_TEST on Host higgins with HostProcid 28560.
Nov 30 10:50:40 2005: Backup Server: 5.21.2.1: Remote
DUMP/LOAD is not allowed when interfacing to a stripe for
device
'compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat'.

Q1: How can I get this dump loaded?
Q2: Can I get an extra licence for ASE15 beta2 so I can bcp
information out??

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!
0
Anne

I'm not familier with the beta2 software ... and my experience with the
new SYSAM licensing req's is somewhat new, but ...

Have you considered setting the clock back on the host where you're
running your beta2 software?  I'm wondering if this would allow you to
'trick' the license manager into thinking your beta2 license hasn't
expired, yet?

Anne Walker wrote:
> Having issues loading a dump from ASE 15 beta2 into ASE 15.
> Beta license expired so installed new copy of ASE 15 and the
> dumps from beta2 do not load.
> Have tried doing remote load into ASE 15 using beta2 backup
> server.  Issues here because dumps done with level 4
> compression:
> 1> load database dbadmin from
> "compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat"
> at IT_BETA_back
> 2> go
> Backup Server: 5.21.2.1: Remote DUMP/LOAD is not allowed
> when interfacing to a stripe for device
> 'compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat'.

> 30 10:50:40 2005: Backup Server: 2.23.1.1: Connection from
> Server IT_TEST on Host higgins with HostProcid 28560.
> Nov 30 10:50:40 2005: Backup Server: 5.21.2.1: Remote
> DUMP/LOAD is not allowed when interfacing to a stripe for
> device
> 'compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat'.
>
> Q1: How can I get this dump loaded?
> Q2: Can I get an extra licence for ASE15 beta2 so I can bcp
> information out??
>
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!
0
Mark
11/30/2005 12:56:13 AM
I was told by tech support that is was not supported, but a load from 12.5
would work.
They said to go frmo 15 beta to 15 GA you would have to bcp.

"Mark A. Parsons" <iron_horse@no_spamola_compuserve.com> wrote in message
> [...]

> "compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat
> " >> at IT_BETA_back
> >> 2> go
> >> Backup Server: 5.21.2.1: Remote DUMP/LOAD is not
> allowed >> when interfacing to a stripe for device
> >>
> 'compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat
> '. >>
> >> 30 10:50:40 2005: Backup Server: 2.23.1.1: Connection
> from >> Server IT_TEST on Host higgins with HostProcid
> 28560. >> Nov 30 10:50:40 2005: Backup Server: 5.21.2.1:
> Remote >> DUMP/LOAD is not allowed when interfacing to a
> stripe for >> device
> >>
> 'compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat
> '. >>
> >> Q1: How can I get this dump loaded?
> >> Q2: Can I get an extra licence for ASE15 beta2 so I can
> bcp >> information out??
> >>
> >> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, will try putting the time back on the O/S...
0
Anne
11/30/2005 4:26:05 AM
As you suggested, I put the timestamp back on the O/S, was
able to install and run a Beta 2 ASE 15 server, create and
load the database and bcp the data out.

THANKS!!!

> I'm not familier with the beta2 software ... and my
> experience with the  new SYSAM licensing req's is somewhat
> new, but ...
>
> Have you considered setting the clock back on the host
> where you're  running your beta2 software?  I'm wondering
> if this would allow you to  'trick' the license manager
> into thinking your beta2 license hasn't  expired, yet?
>
> Anne Walker wrote:
> > Having issues loading a dump from ASE 15 beta2 into ASE
> > 15.  Beta license expired so installed new copy of ASE
> > 15 and the dumps from beta2 do not load.
> > Have tried doing remote load into ASE 15 using beta2
> > backup server.  Issues here because dumps done with
> > level 4 compression:
> > 1> load database dbadmin from
> >
> "compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat
> > " at IT_BETA_back
> > 2> go
> > Backup Server: 5.21.2.1: Remote DUMP/LOAD is not allowed
> > when interfacing to a stripe for device
> >
> 'compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat
> > '.
> > 30 10:50:40 2005: Backup Server: 2.23.1.1: Connection
> > from Server IT_TEST on Host higgins with HostProcid
> > 28560. Nov 30 10:50:40 2005: Backup Server: 5.21.2.1:
> > Remote DUMP/LOAD is not allowed when interfacing to a
> > stripe for device
> >
> 'compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat
> > '.
> > Q1: How can I get this dump loaded?
> > Q2: Can I get an extra licence for ASE15 beta2 so I can
> > bcp information out??
> >
> > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!
0
Anne
12/2/2005 12:41:47 AM
Cool!

So, let's see ... you set the clock back, what, to the first of Nov05,
right?

And since I've already done everything I needed to do for Nov05 ... I
get to take off the next 30 days while waiting for the first of Dec05 to
come around, right?

Thanks!

Anne Walker wrote:
> As you suggested, I put the timestamp back on the O/S, was
> able to install and run a Beta 2 ASE 15 server, create and
> load the database and bcp the data out.
>
> THANKS!!!
>

>>I'm not familier with the beta2 software ... and my
>>experience with the  new SYSAM licensing req's is somewhat
>>new, but ...
>>
>>Have you considered setting the clock back on the host
>>where you're  running your beta2 software?  I'm wondering
>>if this would allow you to  'trick' the license manager
>>into thinking your beta2 license hasn't  expired, yet?
>>
>>Anne Walker wrote:
>>
>>>Having issues loading a dump from ASE 15 beta2 into ASE
>>>15.  Beta license expired so installed new copy of ASE
>>>15 and the dumps from beta2 do not load.
>>>Have tried doing remote load into ASE 15 using beta2
>>>backup server.  Issues here because dumps done with
>>>level 4 compression:
>>>1> load database dbadmin from
>>>

>>"compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat
>>
>>>" at IT_BETA_back
>>>2> go
>>>Backup Server: 5.21.2.1: Remote DUMP/LOAD is not allowed
>>>when interfacing to a stripe for device
>>>

>>'compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat
>>
>>>'.
>>>30 10:50:40 2005: Backup Server: 2.23.1.1: Connection
>>>from Server IT_TEST on Host higgins with HostProcid
>>>28560. Nov 30 10:50:40 2005: Backup Server: 5.21.2.1:
>>>Remote DUMP/LOAD is not allowed when interfacing to a
>>>stripe for device
>>>

>>'compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat
>>
>>>'.
>>>Q1: How can I get this dump loaded?
>>>Q2: Can I get an extra licence for ASE15 beta2 so I can
>>>bcp information out??
>>>
>>>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!
0
Mark

ASE and ASE

Upgrade Problems (ASE 15.02 ESD#5 to ASE 15.03)
Hello there I recently tried to upgrade to ASE 15.03. Downloaded the file ase1503_linx86_32.tgz via wget from the product download center, gunzip'ed it into a directory and tried to ./setup -console it. During the setup script I got presented with the following Java Stacktrace: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "rpm": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source) at com.s...

ASE to ASE

Hello, When we load a dump of our database, from our ASE 12.5.3 server into our ASE 15 (same sizes, options etc), we find that the table_ID's are different(newly created), but no mapping exist to the old table id's used. So the newly migrated procedures that depend on these tables and still seem to reference the old table ID's somewhere, fail unless entirely dropped and recreated. SP_RECOMPILE does NOT help! They problem persists. It fails when executed and we can't necessarily recompile all.. Any ideas, please let me know Liz > Hello, > > When...

problems loading ASE 12.5 dump into ASE 15.0 DB
I'm having problems loading a 12.5 database dump into a 15.0 database. On the 12.5 database I do the following: dump database xxxxxx to "c:\temp\xxxxxxxxx.bkp" go Then on the 15.0 database I load the database: load database xxxxxx from "c:\temp\xxxxxxxxx.bkp" go The first strange thing here is the following: ---------------------------------------------------------- Jun 09 12:31:19 2006: Backup Server: 4.188.1.1: Database xxxxxxxxx: 655484 kilobytes (58%) LOADed. Jun 09 12:31:20 2006: Backup Server: 3.42.1.1: LOAD is complete (database xxxxxxxxxxx). ...

Dump & Load (DB Migration from ASE 12.5 to ASE 15)
Dear All, What are the important points we need to take care while performing Dump & Load Migrations from Windows to Linux. We need to ensure logins, users, roles, and device fragments. Pleaes let me have expert views. Does Linux supports RAW Devices ? Regards KRV K.R.V wrote: > Dear All, > > What are the important points we need to take care while performing Dump & > Load Migrations from Windows to Linux. > > We need to ensure logins, users, roles, and device fragments. Pleaes let me > have expert views. In the past, I've bcp&#...

Why does the following query fail on ASE 15.0.2 but work on ASE 12.5.4?
Connection conn = getConnection(); PreparedStatement stmt = conn.prepareStatement("select 'test' from syscolumns where ? = ?"); stmt.setString(1, "test"); stmt.setString(2, "test"); stmt.execute(); The error is "Implicit conversion from datatype 'VARCHAR' to 'INT' is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run this query." I think I found the solution, which is that the database needs to know what type to expect for the parameter marker. Therefore using an explicit conversion (as mentioned in the error me...

ASE 15 on Debian Etch WAS: ASE 15 on Debian 3.1 sarge install problem (Jul 26,2007)
> Still no response? Anybody knows what to do with glibc to > have tls support? > > Thanks) > > David > > P.S. I tried upgrade to last kernel (http://www.kernel.org > 2.6.22.1), but I ended with kernel panic unable to find > what=b4s wrong... Now I=b4m tr trying download Debian > 4.0.... So, in the end I downloaded Debian 4.0 Etch installed it in VMWare Player (under Windows XP Home) installed Sybase 15.0 EE and everything is O.K. :)))) > > Still no response? Anybody knows what to do with glibc > > to have tls support? > > ...

ASA To ASE - VS

ASE 12.5.2 and ASE 15
Hi everybody: We have a Sun Solaris server with ASE 12.5.2. Can we install ASE 15.0 on this server and work with two version of ASE ??. Sincerely George <George> wrote in message news:43a9c028.32f5.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi everybody: > > We have a Sun Solaris server with ASE 12.5.2. Can we install > ASE 15.0 on this server and work with two version of ASE ??. > > Sincerely > > George Yes -- as long as you install each in a separate directory tree and make sure you have separate sets of settings for $SYBASE, $SYBASE_ASE< $SYBASE_O...

Hi, I'm trying to insert 30 GB into an existing table in an ASE 15.0.3 database as fast as possible. I want to try using 'insert .. select from ' into a ASE 15.5 minimally logged database, dump the database and load it into an ASE 15.0.3 server. Does anyone know I can do the load and will it be faster than a slow bcp? Thanks in advance. Le 18/06/2010 16:14, Andrei R. a �crit : > Hi, > > I'm trying to insert 30 GB into an existing table in an ASE > 15.0.3 database as fast as possible. I want to try using > 'insert .. select from ' into...

Are there any common errors / issues related to using the dump/load strategy vs. sqlupgrade utility for upgrade/migration to ASE 15.x (from ASE 12.5.x)?
Are there any common errors / issues related to using the dump/load strategy vs. sqlupgrade utility for upgrade/migration to ASE 15.x (from ASE 12.5.x)? Hi everyone, I've been reading posts on this discussion thread to try to see if I can find any disadvantage of using the dump/load strategy vs. using the sqlupgrade utility (i.e. common errors / issues). I noticed that some have run into errors after the upgrade/migration when using system stored procedure(s). So this sparked a few questions... 1) Is one upgrade/migration strategy prone to more errors and issues than ...

ASE 12.5.2 to ASE 15 Migration
I have a master database with size of 10 MB. When I run preupgrd.exe to check the upgrade validation, exe fails with a note add atleast 7 MB of additional data space !! Its known fact master db cannot grow out of master device, the left option takes both data and log when I use alter database. I re-checked preupgrd.exe to validate the upgrade process again its giving same message (I altered master database to the maximum of 40M from 10 MB) ***ERROR: alter database master to add at least 7 MB of data space. ***ERROR: alter database tempdb to ad...

Different behaviour of syslogins in ASE 15 and ASE 12.5?
Hi, I figured out a different behaviour if I create a login with more than 30 charaters as fullname, for example: sp_addlogin heinz, password, null, null, "these are more than 30 characters I think" In ASE 12.5 the account is created but the fullname column cropped after 30 characters. In ASE 15.0.2 the account isn't created at all. Anyone know if this a feature of 15.0.2? Any parameters I can set to get the 12.5.x behaviour? THX! Heinz I'm gonna assume you issued this command via some GUI ... because when I issue the command via isql I get: ===...

Web resources about - Loading ASE 15 beta2 --> ASE 15 fails - sybase.ase.general

The loading gauge determines the sizes of passenger trains and the size of shipping containers that can be conveyed on a section of railway line ...

Facebook Adds Mobile Reach Data To Insights, Cuts Back Loading Of Organic Stories
Facebook announced two changes to its insights Tuesday: the inclusion of mobile reach data, and the lowering of the number of organic stories ...

Facebook’s Fast-Loading and Free “0″ Mobile Site Launches
More than a quarter of Facebook’s users are accessing it through mobile devices every month, and the number of mobile useres is growing fast. ...

Search Twitter - witcher 3 loading
... are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh WCCFtech @ wccftechdotcom 31m The Witcher 3 Experiencing Loading ...

Gmail : Why does "?shva=1" get appended to the URL when loading Gmail?
Answer: "shva" is an acronym for "should have valid authentication"

Shovel excavator loading the sewage sludge - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This shovel excavator is loading the solid sewage sludge into the lorry distributing the sludge in the field.

Shark Kage - The Multifunctional Aluminum Loading Truck Ramp - YouTube
Shark Kage TM is the hottest ramp innovation in decades! The first of its kind MULTI-USE RAMP for your pickup truck, Shark Kage is a much needed, ...

Ferrier off-loading sandstone landmark
Title Deeds :The Bilgola property remodelled by Iain Halliday is expected to set a new non-waterfront record.

Australian navy turns back asylum seeker boat to Indonesia after loading three extra people
The asylum seeker boat that allegedly deterred Tony Abbott from meeting president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono this week has been found in Indonesia ...

Google announces service to speed loading of news articles
Google shows off initiative to ensure news articles load more quickly on the web, but one name was conspicuously absent from the presentation. ...