java classes restore DB from prod

Hi,

We are using java within Sybase and now Dev team needs to
refresh some databases on test and also wants to have those
java classes being "restored" on the test server.

Is there any way to include the java classes on the dump and
restore process or any other mechanism?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Sergio Diogo
0
Sergio

On 12/8/2010 8:07 AM, Sergio Diogo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using java within Sybase and now Dev team needs to
> refresh some databases on test and also wants to have those
> java classes being "restored" on the test server.
>
> Is there any way to include the java classes on the dump and
> restore process or any other mechanism?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Regards,
> Sergio Diogo

Java classes can be stored in jar form in the sysjars table
using the installjava utility, they would then be part of the dump.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc30191.1550/html/utility/X23060.htm

-bret
0
Bret

Ase 12 Java Class
Hi all, Is possible from a Java class inside Db call CORBA IDL on a Versant Db to retrieve data ?? TIA ...

Java in the DB: class versioning problems
Before you ask: our environment is ASA7.01 EBF1143 on WinNT SP6a We are having some problems with class versioning in ASA. Firstly, the timestamp of last update of a class does not seem to be getting updated when an updated class definition is installed. Don't know if anything else hinges on this, but it is a bit of a nuisance. We are using JAR files by the way, rather than installing the classes individually. Second, and more seriously: we have seen some weird behaviour in regards to accessing records for older class versions. For example, doing a select count(*) gave the...

crdates for java classes inside DB
Is there any way to determine crdate for java class in DB installed via installjava? Is this info kept in any system table? ...

Question: Which ASE version for Java in DB?
I was wondering if this newsgroup could help me in a situation that my company has found itself in. We've developed a product with Sybase SQL Anywhere v6.03 which has Java in the DB engine itself along with using PowerDynamo etc and we will also be using Jaguar soon. However, one customer that signed up for our product wants to deploy to a far larger number of users than we anticipated thus requiring that we move to the ASE (Enterprise) version instead of the SQL Anywhere version of the DB engine. The problem is that we've written Java procedures to be run inside the DB...

Supporting Class files for JSP Servlets and General j2EE Java questions
I have some questions about how I should be configuring my PowerJ workspace in order to properly deploy a supporting class for some servlets and jsp pages. I would also welcome the chance to describe what I'm doing and find out whether this is the proper way to approach the problem. I am writing a web application which requires users to logon using a servlet which validates their userID against a table of valid users. Some other info is also retrieved from the table. I'm putting this info into the session and then using it in a subsequent jsp that customizes a menu ...

Adaptive Server Anywhere's Java classes in dw / db painter?
Will the 6.01 release also enable PB's datawindow and database painter to handle ASA 6.0's Java classes contained within the database table? Will it be able to assign extended attributes to the class members, or only to the class as a whole? Can I build an edit / display / validation format which applies to the members, instead of just to the whole class? Can I select individual members from the class when building a datawindow graphically, or do I have to build the datawindow in syntax only? Until PB is able to handle the new database features, I don't expect to be ...

Class path of JDBC or Java Class
Hi, I am try to the white paper on how to include java in powerscript. I can setup and run in IDE environment. After compile the executable, I can still run in the development directory. However, when I have moved the execuables to a deploy directory, which include all powerbuilder DLLs and JVM.DLL and developed classes. This happened when I use JDBC to connect Oracle. Run well in development directory, after moved to deploy directoy, Error Message 'Can't initialize JVM'. Thanks for any information to setup the classpath. So Try deploying the entire JRE folder...

Java class files from Java Script
------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C556FB.AAD19890 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please pardon me from posting the question here... can any tell how I call Java class files from Javascript... Thanks Anish ------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C556FB.AAD19890-- ...

Restore User DB with Message DB?
After our MSG9.DB file went missin I restored a previous nights version of the file. Problem is that the users still can't read the mails that have been converted to Posted items. I have restored a test users db for the same night and of course it works. Do you have to restore the message and user db together or can you run a fix on the user db so it points to the correct bits of the message db? does that make any sense! Cheers, Shane Just to add to the confusion, we have restored a backup of the GroupWise system from last week. If I delete the mails that have been con...

Class Cast Exception and Java classes deployment
Hi, I copied my project .class files into web application's WEB-INF/classes folder as well as in $EAServer/html/classes folder. During my EJB invocation, I am getting Class Cast Exception. It is obvious that it is because of keeping .class files into two places. I want to keep my all .class into a single place and refer them in all web applications (I have two web application). Any suggestion? Regards, Venkat Take them out of WEB-INF/classes. Put them in java/classes/... rather than html/classes/... That should help. Venkat Sadasivam wrote: > Hi, > ...

The use of the URL class from stored java
When i try to create an URL of the type : http:// i get an exception: unknown protocol: http I take it this means that Sybase doesent implement the http protocol in the java-version they deliver with the SQL Anyther Studio.. Does anyone know of a way around this.. i want to read a html-page into a variable, and process it.... ... please respond by e-mail. with regards, St�le Oddsen Maritime IT. ...

Importing Java Bean VS. Java class
Hello, What are the differences when adding components as a bean or a regular java class file? I know you need the 4 methods in order to compile a java file. What I am concerned about is: I have some methods that are shown in the Jaguar manager when I use a java class and the same methods DO NOT show up when I use a java bean. I am using the same class file, the only difference when importing the class file is the which radio button I select. Anyone have any ideas? Also, depending on the name of the method ( while importing as a bean ) the method does or does not s...

convert non-jave DB to Java-DB
Hello, I have a Sybase Database from one of our customers that was created without Java. How can I include the Java-capabilities in this database? (needed for the UltraLite-preprocessor). siegbert.glodek@cursor.de wrote... > Hello, > I have a Sybase Database from one of our customers that was created without > Java. How can I include the Java-capabilities in this database? (needed for > the UltraLite-preprocessor). This question should have been posted in the sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general newsgroup. To answer your question, you should try the DBUPGRAD.EXE uti...

C# class similar to Map class in Java?
I was wondering if there was a class in C# similar to the Map class in Java. Basically, it holds a collection of String "keys" each with an object value. I found the System.Collections.KeyedCollection class to be very similar, except one aspect. The string "key" must be unique. In Java, if you were to call the Add method of the Map class and add another objet with a key that already existed, it would over write the old one. In C#, it throws an exception. Is there a class, or should I just make my own? Thanks....

Web resources about - java classes restore DB from prod - sybase.ase.general

Railroad classes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling . You can assist by editing it . Initially, the United ...

Facebook Positioning Its Ad Products in 3 Classes
Forrester’s Jeremiah Owyang recently caught up with Facebook’s Director of Monetization Tim Kendall, who spoke about the different ways Facebook ...

mediabistro.com: jobs, classes, community and news for media professionals
Jobs and recruiting for media professionals in journalism, on-line content, book publishing, TV, radio, PR, graphic design, photography, and ...

Classes Lite on the App Store on iTunes
Get Classes Lite on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Google printable 3D classes - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
For 3 D web browsing with the new 3D Chrome.

Parents concerned over multi-age split classes at Perth primary school
STUDENTS on the cusp of puberty are being grouped with children as young as nine in multi-age group “split classes” in Perth.

Adult circus classes increase numbers as grown-ups join the circus
If the theatrics of Cirque du Soleil made you briefly wonder, "maybe I could do that", you're not alone.

I Didn’t Ace All Of My Classes — Now What?
Don't despair. If you are finding you’ve lost your confidence due to grades, this law professor is here to (try and) help you.

Porter Ranch Students Attend Classes At Different LAUSD Campuses Due To Ongoing Gas Leak
Students attending classes at a pair of Los Angeles Unified School District schools in the Porter Ranch-area returned to different campuses on ...

Carnegie Hall 2016: Opera Singer Joyce DiDonato Master Classes; Mitsuko Uchida Piano Workshop
Are you a lover of arias? Looking for some first-class singing instruction? Look no further than the Carnegie Hall 2016 schedule, which offers ...