Installing error ase 15.5 Windows x86

Hi, i just download ase155esd2_winx86 from the website, and
when start the installation appears the follow error:
"Error: The installer failed to load
D:\Software\ase155esd2_winx86\archives\sylapi\sylapij.dll.
Please verify you have the correct and complete installer
image."

Does anybody knows why?

I have windows xp professional ServicePack2.

Thanks,
David.
-1
David

On 16 Dec 2010 05:43:48 -0800, David wrote:

Two things to check for:

* Installed the MSVC++ Redistribution patch mentioned in the
Install Guide ?
* Make sure you're running 32-bit installer on 32-bit XP

Jay

>Hi, i just download ase155esd2_winx86 from the website, and
>when start the installation appears the follow error:
>"Error: The installer failed to load
>D:\Software\ase155esd2_winx86\archives\sylapi\sylapij.dll.
>Please verify you have the correct and complete installer
>image."
>
>Does anybody knows why?
>
>I have windows xp professional ServicePack2.
>
>Thanks,
>David.

-1
jtotally_bogus
12/16/2010 9:33:41 PM
Thanks Jay, finally i did. As you said, i download a visual
C++ suite and the error doesn't appear anymore.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!!!

Best Regards
David.

> On 16 Dec 2010 05:43:48 -0800, David wrote:
>
> Two things to check for:
>
> * Installed the MSVC++ Redistribution patch mentioned in
> the Install Guide ?
> * Make sure you're running 32-bit installer on 32-bit XP
>
> Jay
>
> >Hi, i just download ase155esd2_winx86 from the website,
> and >when start the installation appears the follow error:
> >"Error: The installer failed to load
> >D:\Software\ase155esd2_winx86\archives\sylapi\sylapij.dll
>  >Please verify you have the correct and complete
> installer >image."
> >
> >Does anybody knows why?
> >
> >I have windows xp professional ServicePack2.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >David.

1
David

Installing ASE 15.5 on Windows XP?
Greetings, I have just downloaded ASE 15.5, Developper Edition from the Sybase, Inc. Website. Now, I have at least five servers installed, configured, and working using ASE 15.0.2, under an administrator account. I would now like to install ASE 15.5 using the same account, or even a different one, but I have noticed that all administrator accounts inherit the same environmental variables, directories... How can I create a new account on the XP Machine and make sure that if I install ASE 15.5, or any other software, I won=b4t clobber the paths and variables for ASE 15.0.2 on...

ASE 15.5 installation error on OpenSolaris snv_151a
Using Oracle latest OpenSolaris snv_151a. Put motif run-time library SUNWmfrun on it via PackageManager -it is required by Sybase srvbuid Then start to install ASE 15.5 Developer Edition. failed at creating master device. error message -- ASE_PCI: failed to bridge Pluggable Component Interfaces with code -186 google it, I can not find anything answers. hope someone has workaround. really appreciated, -Jack ...

Squeezing the maximum memory out of ASE 12.5.x (and ASE 15.0) on Windows
I've seen a few postings asking how to get the largest memory allocation on a Windows 32-bit platform on ASE 12.5.x. Here is what I've pieced together over the last couple of years. In early testing the same configuration applies to ASE 15.0 too. Note that this isn't the last word on how to configure Sybase for large memory in Windows (I'm sure there must be tricks to squeeze even more memory out of the system) but these tips work well for me. ----- The Microsoft Windows operating system, running on a 32 bit platform has memory address limits for the maximum ...

ASE 15.5 DE installation errors on OpenSolaris snv_151a.
Using Oracle latest OpenSolaris snv_151a. Put motif run-time library SUNWmfrun on it via PackageManager -it is required by Sybase srvbuid Then start to install ASE 15.5 Developer Edition. failed at creating master device. error message -- ASE_PCI: failed to bridge Pluggable Component Interfaces with code -186 google it, I can not find anything answers. hope someone has workaround. really appreciated, -Jack ...

Error Installing ASE 15.0.3 with JRE6 update 14 on Solaris10 for x86
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-3-dub.sybase.com4a82e3dc Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am getting the following error when Installing ASE 15.0.3 I have installed JRE6 update 14. The server is running Solaris10 for x86. Can someone please assist? My initial thoughts were that the wrong JDK or java environment are being refenced, but I thought I had it covered by running the setup as follows... ../setup =e2�=93is:javahome /jre1.6.0_14 ERROR: cannot load product /product.xml: QJ...

Logins + passwords when migrating from ASE 12.5.4/Linux x86 32bit to ASE 15.0.3/Solaris SPARC 64bit
Hi, I'd like to migrate one of our databases from ASE 12.5.4 to ASE 15. Source server is running on Linux x86 32bit, target server is Solaris SPARC 64bit. Cross-plattform dump and load works fine. The problem arises with logins/passwords. I've copied the contents of syslogins from the old server to the new one, but I can't log in using one of the manually migrated logins. Checking syslogins, I noticed that the password hashes on ASE 15 look different. Old hashes are just 60 characters long, the new ones 84 characters. According to Michael Peppler's ASE on Linux FAQ...

Upgrade Problems (ASE 15.02 ESD#5 to ASE 15.03)
Hello there I recently tried to upgrade to ASE 15.03. Downloaded the file ase1503_linx86_32.tgz via wget from the product download center, gunzip'ed it into a directory and tried to ./setup -console it. During the setup script I got presented with the following Java Stacktrace: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "rpm": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source) at com.s...

Are there any common errors / issues related to using the dump/load strategy vs. sqlupgrade utility for upgrade/migration to ASE 15.x (from ASE 12.5.x)?
Are there any common errors / issues related to using the dump/load strategy vs. sqlupgrade utility for upgrade/migration to ASE 15.x (from ASE 12.5.x)? Hi everyone, I've been reading posts on this discussion thread to try to see if I can find any disadvantage of using the dump/load strategy vs. using the sqlupgrade utility (i.e. common errors / issues). I noticed that some have run into errors after the upgrade/migration when using system stored procedure(s). So this sparked a few questions... 1) Is one upgrade/migration strategy prone to more errors and issues than ...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

ASE 12.5.2 and ASE 15
Hi everybody: We have a Sun Solaris server with ASE 12.5.2. Can we install ASE 15.0 on this server and work with two version of ASE ??. Sincerely George <George> wrote in message news:43a9c028.32f5.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi everybody: > > We have a Sun Solaris server with ASE 12.5.2. Can we install > ASE 15.0 on this server and work with two version of ASE ??. > > Sincerely > > George Yes -- as long as you install each in a separate directory tree and make sure you have separate sets of settings for $SYBASE, $SYBASE_ASE< $SYBASE_O...

SPARC Solaris ASE 15 Install Error
I am on a sun4u SPARC 5, Solaris 8 w/8_Recommended trying to install ASE 15 dev edition (ase15_de-sol64.tgz.) The moment I type setup I get Exec format error. Binary file not executable. What kind of binary is this? I have successfully installed all previous versions <= 12.5.x on this computer. Brian Nevermind . . . apparently I had the September 2005 tarball. The new tarball I downloaded works--it is also a different size. "Brian Ceccarelli" <spam@talusmusic.com> wrote in message news:441427c6$1@forums-2-dub... > I am on a sun4u SPARC...

ASE 15 installation error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C6FF5F.6C9E5690 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_003A_01C6FF5F.6C9E5690" ------=_NextPart_001_003A_01C6FF5F.6C9E5690 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I can't install ASE 15 in WIN2003: Look the attach What can i do to install this? Thanks, Miguel C. ------=_NextPart_001_003A_01C6FF5F.6C9E5690 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodi...

looking for recommendations about installing ASE 12.5.2 and ASE 12.5.3 on HP-UX IPF
Hi, We are about to install ASE 12.5.3 esd#7 64bit on HP-UX IPF server. Are they any recommendations regarding installing on HP Itanium 64bit servers? Is there a best practices document for ASE 12.5.3 ? thanks. Itzhak. izik_is@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi, We are about to install ASE 12.5.3 esd#7 64bit on HP-UX IPF > server. > Are they any recommendations regarding installing on HP Itanium 64bit > servers? > Is there a best practices document for ASE 12.5.3 ? There's no specific document. There are comments and recommendations in the SAG (System Admi...

Web resources about - Installing error ase 15.5 Windows x86 - sybase.ase.general

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper