Getting Started Help Needed

Hi,
I'm having some troubles with getting sysbase going for me. I'm not a DBA
and need some help.

When I try to connect I get an error message that either SYBASE is not
running (which it is), or I have a port specified incorrectly. I'm using
the default of 5002.

Any ideas out there on what I'm doing wrong.

Doug_Collins

Default is usually 5000, how many installs of Sybase do you have.

<Doug_Collins> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm having some troubles with getting sysbase going for me. I'm not a DBA
> and need some help.
>
> When I try to connect I get an error message that either SYBASE is not
> running (which it is), or I have a port specified incorrectly. I'm using
> the default of 5002.
>
> Any ideas out there on what I'm doing wrong.
>
> Thanks

0
Harpreet

Additional Info
Actually I've now been able to get the product installed but seem to be
having trouble starting the SYBASE SQL server.

When I try to config the server using the SYBASE utility, I get the message
that the server is not started. I check the services panel in Windows and
see that the SYBASE server is started. I can stop and then restart the
SYBASE server through the Windows.

I'm at a loss as to why I'm getting the message.
0
Doug_Collins

Just need some help getting started and not sure where to go for help!
Hello All, My company is interested in hosting Exchange 2003, i have read this list and figured out I need to use some combo of MPS, MOM DCAM, MOM DB, EXCH Back-end, EXCH Front-End, and a couple of AD servers however I am not even sure where to start. We are a MS Parnter and have an SPLA license but we were sent the "Hosted Exchange" media and all it was is EXCH Standard Edition. Is there some documentation somewhere that tells me how to setup the environment and all that is required? I am good at Exchange AD, MOM, SQL, all that in an Enterprise Environment but I have no clue...

help help help with getting started
I have a simple page with this code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> sub Page_load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) if not ispostback then 'create connection Dim Conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection 'create data adapter Dim dataAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter 'create dataset Dim dataview...

need help getting started!
I hope I"m allowed to post this here, as it is somewhat related to ASP.NET. I'm new to programming, and people said that I should learn C# before trying to attempt ASP.NET, and so I've started reading Learning C#by Jesse Liberty. And I'm following his instructions and he says to go to the command prompt and enter csc helloworld.cs. But when I do that, it says, 'csc' is not recognized as an internal or external command, etc. Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Thanks! CSC will be in <drive>:\<Winnt or windows>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<ve...

Need Help Getting Started....
http://worldpedigrees.com/Beagles.htm thats a site i'm looking to create my site after.... I'm wanting a database thats easy to use and everything... look it over and give me some ideas... jack Uh? Come again? I'm sorry but you'll have to provide a little more detail of what "ideas" you're looking for here."I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -unknown...

Need Help Getting Started
I am trying to create my first WebPart using Visual Studio.Net 2008 and C#. This will be used in an ASP.Net web application and I don't have any plans for use in SharePoint at this time. I haven't found any code samples so I started by creating a new User Control (.ascx). The first thing I found was that there doesn't seem to be any project templates for WebParts, is that true? I attempted to go two routes, first to use WebPart as the base class and the second to use System.Web.UI.UserControl, IWebPart as the base class + Interface. I found problems using this both ways. W...

Need help getting this started...
I am knew to asp.net and have no coding experience to speak of.  I am trying to work with the community starter kit and have no success in getting started.  Are there any SIMPLE instructions for novices that explain how to setup and use this kit?Any help would be greatly appreciated!RM Hello,I am also relatively new. But I just went through a lot of this, so maybe I can help a bit. First of all, it took me 3 different downloads to find a kit that installed all the way through without error. I suggest that you do NOT choose the JS versions (J-sharp). Although it installed oka...

Need help getting started
Ok, I'm quite new with AJAX and it seems cool...  I'm running ASP.NET 2.0 and I believe I have ASP.NET AJAX - I say believe because I went to apply the "convert" instructions and the mods already seem to be in place... If I underatand correctly, AJAX allows us to put display type controls inside UpdatePanels and then have them update with new information based on receiving events from user input type controls - like buttons.  I have several UpdatePanels with AsyncPostBackTriggers referencing other controls like buttons. Is the implecation here that we no longe...

Needs help on getting starting...
Hello , I am new to developing with ASP. I have to develop an order tracking intranet application.The application will be to track request for proposal that will pass thru 5 stages before we come up with a bid. I will be using SQL Server database. and windows 2003 server. I there any example that I can use or any that you would recommend that I look at? Thanks Khurshid Check out the ASP.NET Starter Kits....

Need Help getting Started
Aloha, I had no problem loading up the Portal VS and recevied this message when trying to view the page: Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. Here are the error messages: ...

Need help getting started
Hello. I'm trying to learn C#. I own two web sites but neither supports ASP.Net. I need an area to test my C# pages. Is there a program I can download to do so? Alex Hello Alex_dude,   Have a look at Visual Web Developper for ASP.NET 2.0 and Webmatrix for ASP.NET 1.1 Webmatrix comes withhis own webserver. For Visual Webdevelopper you need IIS (I think, never checked it out). I suggest you using Visual Webdeveloper as it is free and has the same look and feel as Visual Studio .NET   Good luck and have fun   Leketje   Leketje wrote:For Visual Webdeve...

Help Needed Getting Started
I'm new to .NET Web Development and have downloaded and installed Visual Web Developer Studio 2008 Express. I followed the simple steps in "Create Your First Web Site" on the Start Page. However, I get the following error: Server Error in '/WebSite2' Application. Unable to cast object of type 'System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServiceHostingEnvironmentSection' to type 'System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServiceHostingEnvironmentSection'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review t...

Need help getting started
Hi there,=20 I'm trying to get started contributing to Firefox OS. I have a few question= s I was hoping you can help me with. I'm thinking about fixing bugs on the clock app. It looks like a useful app= that is in need of some TLC, while being not too complex. Does it make sen= se? Would you rather recommend starting somewhere else? Should I be working on master or another branch (i.e.. v2.1)? Creating my profile with make worked. I can run it in the emulator (WebIDE)= but some unit and integration tests are failing on master. I would really = prefer to start with a...

Need some ideas to help me get started
Here's my situation.My customers need to take a laptop on the field where there is no network or wireless and fill out a form or PDF that will be synced with the DB upon returning to their office. I'v developed other apps in .NET and was wondering what components would help me accomplish this. I've tried searching the net but don't really know what keywords to use or where to start. Thanks for any replys,Michael An obvious possibility is for your console app to create an XML file of the form data and then send that to the database when synching.JeffPlease: Don't forget...

Need help getting started with LINQ
I'm using a project that had already been converted to framework 3.5.  I'm developing with VS 2008 Professional.  I have a very simple page to write.  It has a text box that updates one field in a small table.  Hardly more complicated than "Hello World" and I thought a good place to start using LINQ.I've been going through the ASP.NET videos on LINQ, and created autoresponders.dbml for the autoresponders table.  The table contains three fields: ResponseID (identity & primary key), Responder (name of responder) and Text (responder text) ...

Web resources about - Getting Started Help Needed - sybase.ase.general

Review—Star Wars: The Force Awakens
This review contains spoilers As a huge Star Wars fan ( previously ), I went in expecting to love The Force Awakens , and was not disappointed. ...

After California shootings, Muslim American families struggle with identity
Mirvette Judeh began covering her hijab with a hoodie two weeks ago while in the car with her two young children. "Now I have to have these conversations ...

Rubio, Cruz and U.S. Global Leadership
At some point between 20016 and 2008, the American people decided to turn their backs on the world. Between the seeming futility of the war in ...

BlackBerry's privacy stance is yet another reason to avoid the company
We are living in a post NSA-world (and I am a post-NSA girl...) and privacy is in the public consciousness more than ever before. After the government ...

Online Marketing News: Facebook Adds Instant Article Ads, LinkedIn Introduces Interesting Insights, YouTube ...
What Santa Can Teach You About Email Marketing [Infographic] – What can we learn from watching Santa and the way he organizes his work? A lot, ...

Bernie Sanders campaign accesses Hillary Clinton data, gets suspended from DNC ...
CNN Bernie Sanders campaign accesses Hillary Clinton data, gets suspended from DNC ... CNN Washington (CNN) The Democratic National Committee ...

The WhatsApp ban in Brazil only lasted a few hours
The two-day ban of WhatsApp in Brazil lasted just a few hours as the ruling was overturned by a higher court, according to The Financial Times ...

FCC wants providers to explain their data exemption schemes
FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler once called T-Mobile's Binge On feature "highly innovative and highly competitive," but it looks like things have changed ...

Microsoft Translator gets “conversation” feature, live translation in 7 languages
Microsoft Translator is upping its game to compete with Google Translate in the world of travelling companion apps. Their new “conversation” ...

‘Vikings’ Season 4: History Channel Announces Premiere Date, Double The Episodes & A Split Season
Fans of History Channel’s Vikings finally gets a start date for season 4 for the series based on the viking sagas and legends. As well as the ...