Decimal point

Hi guys,
Is there function to get the number after a decimal point?

ex: 6.500 I need to get the 500 only

Thanks in advance
0
Ramez

On 27 Jun 2008 09:35:04 -0700, Ramez Nabil wrote:

I think you might want to tell everyone where you get the "6.500" from
e.g. numeric column etc and who you are trying to get the "500" like
stored procedure, dml user, C programmer etc.

I think this way you get replies that might better fit your needs.

>Hi guys,
>Is there function to get the number after a decimal point?
>
>ex: 6.500 I need to get the 500 only
>
>Thanks in advance

0
jtotally_bogus
6/27/2008 6:31:46 PM
> Hi guys,
> Is there function to get the number after a decimal point?
>
> ex: 6.500 I need to get the 500 only
>
> Thanks in advance
How about trying the following? would that help?
select str_replace(convert(varchar(10),100.99999- floor
(100.9999)),"0.","")
0
tartampion
6/27/2008 7:58:49 PM
If you are using ASE 1.2.5.4 and up or 15.0.2 and up.  Maybe you could do
something like this...

declare @value numeric(4,3);
select @value = 6.500
select (@value % 1) * 1000

500

"Ramez Nabil" wrote in message news:486516b8.3c1a.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi guys,
> Is there function to get the number after a decimal point?
>
> ex: 6.500 I need to get the 500 only
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Michael

How to validate a decimal value with 2 digits after decimal point (de decimal point is a comma)
  I am a newbee, I have a Textbox where de user must write the price of an object. How can I validate de data entry in the Textbox (it must be a valid decimal with 2 digits after decimal point), and my pages are in  Portuguese so the decimal point to be accepted must be a comma   thanks  well you can do something like followig:  suppose TextBox1.Text = 123456,789 then you can say if(TextBox1.Text.Contains(",") ) {     int index1 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(",") +1;     int index2 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(...

Need to format float with no decimals or decimal point.
Is there a format for float that displays only the integer portion?  Or at the least, integer portion and decimal point but no digits to right? Eval("L_DistCalc", "{0:f}") Thank you, What about this: Eval("L_DistCalc", "{0:f0}")Limno Wow - thanks.  Is there a good reference book that has all the format forms, control structures and properties.  Everything I have has a the essentials but nothing in depth.  I know this kind of thing is simple but is sure is a lot to try and remember. Thank you,  You can sear...

how to convert value with decimal point into value with decimal comma
Hello,  I like to know how I can change (for example) the value 55.55 into 55,55. (The system in my country is using comma's instead of points) I'm starting with  a string with the value "55.55" Then I will convert it to a double 55,55 Do I need the the system.Globalization namespace or is there just a simple solution?               Hi,If you are just going to use this format for display then it would be easy to do this:double dTemp;dTemp = 55.55;Response.Write(dTemp.ToString().Replace(".",","));H...

Decimal point.
Hi, PB10.0 I have a problem with de decimal point: I need a comma. The problem does not appear in dw, but in edit masks. I think it's the deployment kit: I may be working with the english, not the spanish. Does anybody know which are the files? Thanks, Josep. Isn't it dependent of regional settings ? Josep pisze: > Hi, > > PB10.0 > I have a problem with de decimal point: I need a comma. > The problem does not appear in dw, but in edit masks. > > I think it's the deployment kit: I may be working with the > english, not the spa...

XSD file Decimal column displays 4 point after decimal
Hi to all,              I have a xsd file with one table adapter, it has 4 column id int name string class string amount decimal i drag and drop the columns into rdlc file but, the report displays 4 digit after decimal point but i want to display it as two decimal point. How to do this experts please help me. But i checked in my query from sql it is displays as it is in the table(there some data have four digit after decimal some data have two digit after decimal) but when get it into DataSet object all data are converted i...

ASE and ASE

What generals generally do

decimal point
------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C1A7FB.403BDF20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am trying to move the decimal point 2 places to the the left. Eg : To make 4536233 into 45362.33 I tried this $total = "4536233"; $total = sprintf("%0.2f",$total); print "$total"; But I get this 4536233.00 Can anyone help please Regards Stuart Clark ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C1A7FB.403BDF20-- use strict; my $var=4536233; my $new_var=$var/100; print $new_var; Shawn ...

ASE to ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Does the secondary truncation point in the Adaptive Server need to be dsiable when upgrading ASE 12.5.03 to ASE 12.5.3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5C408.CA053AD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does the secondary truncation point in the Adaptive Server need to be = disabled when upgrading ASE 12.5.03 to ASE 12.5.3? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5C408.CA053AD0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <...

Does the secondary truncation point in the Adaptive Server need to be disabled when upgrading ASE 12.5.03 to ASE 12.5.3
Does the secondary truncation point in the Adaptive Server need to be disabled when upgrading ASE 12.5.03 to ASE 12.5.3? Thanks Hi, No. just stop replication before the upgrade and restart it after the upgrade. Nothing special :) Jason L. Froebe Team Sybase http://jfroebe.livejournal.com liy wrote: > Does the secondary truncation point in the Adaptive Server need to be > disabled when upgrading ASE 12.5.03 to ASE 12.5.3? > > Thanks > > > ...

Decimal points in datawindows
I am having a problem with decimals in my datawindows. When I try entering a percentage value, it is abandoning all values to the right of the decimal. Incidentally, the field is a decimal with no validation. Edit Mask: Format: Input: Result: None (General) 3.2 3 None (General) 0.032 0 None (General) 3.2% "Does not pass validation" None 0.00% 3.2 300.00% None ...

Web resources about - Decimal point - sybase.ase.general

Penny (Irish pre-decimal coin) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The penny (1d) ( Irish : pingin ) coin was the third smallest denomination of the pre-decimal Irish pound , worth 1/240 of a pound or 1/12 of ...

Dewey Decimal Classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This highly organized system categorizes books on library shelves in an efficient, specific and repeatable order that makes it easy to find any ...

Decimal Rounding on the App Store on iTunes
Get Decimal Rounding on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Dewey Decimal Tattoo - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Children's librarians represent.

Math of the Day: Sesame Street’s The Count Reads Pi to 10,000 Decimal Places
... has created a true monster out of your favorite Sesame Street vampire, with audio of The Count reading every digit of Pi out 10,000 decimal ...

Paul Harapin heads Decimal Software after VCE ousting
Former VCE Asia-Pacific boss, Paul Harapin, has taken over as CEO of Decimal Software.

Feeling green: the dangers of decimal currency
The curious case of possibly toxic coins, via Austria and a devastatingly original idea for Canberra.

Jobless Rates With Another Decimal
The BLS reported a jobless rate of 8.3% for both January and February. Adding an extra decimal, the unemployment rates would actually be 8.26% ...

JPMorgan Sued by Trader Over $3 Million Decimal Point
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is being sued by a trader who says he accepted a contract from the investment bank because a typographical error made him ...

.Decimal Archive - Houston Gamer
It was only back in August when newly-formed Houston game studio Orb Interactive launched a Kickstarter campaign for “.Decimal”, a sci-fi take ...