Courses for ASE administrator

Have previously been using ASA but now have started to use ASE.
Was trying to find a comprehensive course for ASE Administration and
Replication but can't afford the Sybase run courses and feel they are not
suitable due to duration.
Was looking for something from beginners to advanced in the US or ASIA.
Basically I am a one man company that outsources 70% of development and
provides services/development to small businesses in Japan. I need to know
enough to act as a DBA when offshore admin/Maintanence is not possible.
Would consider any geographic location except India.
Would like to do the certification exam at a later stage but this is not
important at the moment.

MJN

"MJN" <NoSpam_chuck1rar@yahoo.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������:
> Have previously been using ASA but now have started to use ASE.
> Was trying to find a comprehensive course for ASE Administration and
> Replication but can't afford the Sybase run courses and feel they are not
> suitable due to duration.
> Was looking for something from beginners to advanced in the US or ASIA.
> Basically I am a one man company that outsources 70% of development and
> provides services/development to small businesses in Japan. I need to know
> enough to act as a DBA when offshore admin/Maintanence is not possible.
> Would consider any geographic location except India.
> Would like to do the certification exam at a later stage but this is not
> important at the moment.
> Thanks

Moscow, Russia %)

0
Eugene
6/4/2002 8:19:27 AM
"MJN" <NoSpam_chuck1rar@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Have previously been using ASA but now have started to use ASE.
> Was trying to find a comprehensive course for ASE Administration and
> Replication but can't afford the Sybase run courses and feel they are not
> suitable due to duration.
> Was looking for something from beginners to advanced in the US or ASIA.
> Basically I am a one man company that outsources 70% of development and
> provides services/development to small businesses in Japan. I need to know
> enough to act as a DBA when offshore admin/Maintanence is not possible.
> Would consider any geographic location except India.

how about afganisthan...:D

> Would like to do the certification exam at a later stage but this is not
> important at the moment.
> Thanks

0
Niles

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT
HI everybody Can you help me please with the following question. We need to syncronize ASE to ASE ( bidirectional) Initially, it was planned to implement with SQL remote, but it isn't available. With replication server, it isn't a solution beacuse, the customer doesn=B4t have a comunntication channel all time. We think use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an ASA in the middle, so that, first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later, ASA to ASE, is it this feasible ??? Thanks four your answer "Marco" <mbarrion@uniplex.com.ec> wr...

Solaris ASE to Linux ASE
We are looking into using Replication Server to Set up Warm Standby of Production ASE databases - Primary site being on Solaris platform - Standby Copy on Linux. Does any utilize this configuration ? What is the best way to initialize data on the Standby Server ? What other issues should I be concerned with ? Hi, Technically you can setup Warm Standby across platforms. It may work well too with Replication Server. However, you cannot dump and load the databases (cross platform dump and load not supported), hence there will be issues when you need to resync your databases. Eac...

sql remote ase to ase
can I use sql remote ro replicate data form ase to ase or only from asa to ase and asa to asa ? I would also recommend that you read over the following tech doc; Implementing ASE to ASE Server SQL Remote Replication http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1009730 Ian Bater iAnywhere Solutions Reg Domaratzki wrote: > Just be aware of the limitations pointed out in the documentation when using ASE as a remote database. > > Replication and Synchronization Guide > PART 4. Appendixes > APPENDIX A. Enterprise and Anywhere: Differences > > Limitations ...

ASE workgroup
hi, what the diference between ASE workgroup and ASE Enterprise, to which systems apply workgroup or enterprise. is an AlphaServer 4000 (DIGITAL SERVER 7305) workgroup and unix and ASE 12.0 will be avaliable for true unix (DEC UNIX). thanks in advance ...

sql-remote between ASE and ASE
hello! sql-remote document don't give us help with replication with ASE and ASE. i need detail how to do it. i use ASE12 + NT4.0 + SQL Remote6.0.2 . i test it in the list 1�� define messagetype : smtp 2�� define use_name :one is publisher,the other is remote user_name 3�� define publisher,publication,subscription 4��execute ssremote.exe to receive or send message I failed at the step of extract database .i don't extract the database . please help me ,tell me the datail of sql-remote confige. Thanks a lot , ...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

ASE Migration From ASE 11.5.1 (NT) to ASE 12.9 on Win2003.
Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above subject? Thank you. ASE 12.9? Currently, no released versions of ASE are certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when it is released later this year. Mark Kusma <Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... > Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on > above subject? > Thank you. Thanks for the info. I would like to know if there's any online documentation on migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1? Do applica...

ase
Dear Sir, I am trying to install sybase ASE 12.0(64 bit) on sun solaris 2.7. I am able to install on any file system or directory but if i try installing on the raw partion i get following error message. " Unable To Continue .You Don't Have Write Permission To /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0 " i have given all the necessary permissions to the sybase user for the raw partition. ex chmod 755 chown to sybase user to the partition . please let me know what mistake i have done and please give all the possible ways of setting permissions on the ...

ase
Name: notis Email: notisjlathotmaildotcom Product: Shiretoko Alpha 1 Summary: ase Comments: a Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1a2) Gecko/20080829082037 Shiretoko/3.1a2 From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/shiretoko/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - Courses for ASE administrator - sybase.ase.general

List of Administrators and Deputy Administrators of NASA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Administrator and Deputy Administrator of NASA are the highest-ranked officials of NASA , the space agency of the United States . The Administrator ...

Netball administrator stole $209,000, court told
A netball administrator siphoned $209,000 of money earmarked for junior and social players into her own bank accounts because she felt the sport ...

Arthur Galan calls in the administrators
Myer was caught out by the appointment of administrators to Australian fashion label Arthur Galan, which it lured over from David Jones in 2011. ...

Yale president supports administrators involved in Halloween email - Business Insider Deutschland
Yale President Peter Salovey voiced his support of two administrators involved in a Halloween email controversy.

Fox Lake Cop Joe Gliniewicz Considered ‘Hit’ On Village Administrator
Months before an Illinois police officer staged his suicide to look like murder he tried to find a hit man to kill a village administrator he ...

Officer tried to take out 'hit' on city administrator - CNN.com
... stage his suicide, apparently to avoid being revealed as a thief , but he made an inquiry about hiring a motorcycle gang to kill the city administrator, ...

Yale Alumni Fundraising To Send Pro-Free Speech Book To Administrators, Faculty And Students
Yale Alumni Fundraising To Send Pro-Free Speech Book To Administrators, Faculty And Students

Provida Pension Fund Administrator Sells 6385875 Shares of iShares FTSE/Xinhua ...
Provida Pension Fund Administrator Sells 6385875 Shares of iShares FTSE/Xinhua ... Dakota Financial News iShares FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index ...

How Network Administrators Can Ease the Inevitable Move to IPv6
The well of IPv4 addresses has run dry; IPv6 adoption is inevitable. Here's how network administrators can make this adjustment as easy as possible. ...

Police: Disgraced Illinois Cop Tried to Hire Hit Man to Kill Snooping Town Administrator
The disgraced police officer accused of embezzling money from a youth group before committing suicide apparently tried to have a woman murdered ...