Copy devices files (ASE1503) between Win64 and Linux64

Hi,

We need to migrate ASE 15.0.3 ESD#4 from WIN64 to Linux64 (both Little
Endian). There were be no sort,no charset and bit changes.
In documentation is that if there is no Little/Big Endian changes then there
is no conversion during cross-platform database dump/load.
Can we just bcp all tables from master with changing only devices paths to
new ones and then simple copy devices files from Win64 to Linux64?
Is this supported?
Or do we have to have to make full cross-platform dump?

best regards
Tomasz Romanowski
SPS Poland

0
Tomasz

On 26-Nov-2010 08:56, Tomasz Romanowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We need to migrate ASE 15.0.3 ESD#4 from WIN64 to Linux64 (both Little
> Endian). There were be no sort,no charset and bit changes.
> In documentation is that if there is no Little/Big Endian changes then there
> is no conversion during cross-platform database dump/load.
> Can we just bcp all tables from master with changing only devices paths to
> new ones and then simple copy devices files from Win64 to Linux64?
> Is this supported?
> Or do we have to have to make full cross-platform dump?
>
> best regards
> Tomasz Romanowski
> SPS Poland

Copying the device files between platforms is not supported. Having said
that, it *may* work. The only way to find out is to try...

HTH,

Rob V.
Rob Verschoor

Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 15.0/12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0
and Replication Server 15.0.1/12.5 // TeamSybase

Author of Sybase books (order online at www.sypron.nl/shop):
"Tips, Tricks&  Recipes for Sybase ASE" (ASE 15 edition)
"The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
"The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference Guide"

rob@NO.SPAM.sypron.nl | www.sypron.nl  | Twitter: @rob_verschoor
Sypron B.V., The Netherlands  |  Chamber of Commerce 27138666

Rob

File.Copy and File.CopyTo DO NOT COPY CONTENTS OF FILE!@
I posted on here before but no one has been of any help. I am trying to copy files of type .zip .jpg and .pdf from ones folder to another (I dont want to move it, just make a copy). How can I do this? When I use File.Copy and File.CopyTo it makes a new file in the right folder but has no content and it also erases the content on the orignal file. WTF? This is really making me mad. Visit VistaForums.com #1 Windows Vista Forum Here you go --->  http://www.aspfaqs.com/aspfaqs/ShowFAQ.asp?FAQID=207Regards, Narayana Rao Surapaneni Architect | Author | MCSD for .NET | MCSD | SCJP ww...

Copying all files in a directory using either file.copy or directory.copy across volumes
I need to copy all the files from a cd directory to a directory on my harddrive. I have tried the directory.copy method but it will not allow me to copy across volumes. I have tried the file.copy method but you must specify a file name in the path as well as the target. This sort of defeats the purpose of what I am trying to do. Basically I am using a radio button to specify a type of CD and based on this selection the application knows what directory to look in for the files I want. Here is the script I tried last to move the file. Sub KPacs(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventA...

Copying more than one file using File::Copy
Good day=3B I apologize in advance if this is a very stupid question=85 I=27m trying to concatenate two files and have the results written to a = third file=2E = Maybe I=27m missing something obvious=2E=2E=2E but in Perldoc for File=3A= =3ACopy I = read=3A =22The copy function takes two parameters=3A a file to copy from = and = a file to copy to=2E=22 What can I do if I have a second file I want to copy from=3F (i=2Ee=2E Li= ke = DOS copy command=3A c=3A=5C file1=2Etxt + file2=2Etxt file3=2Etxt will co= py the = contents of file1=2Etxt =26 file2=2Etxt and put the...

File.Copy does not release the lock on the copied file.
 Hi! I am trying to use the File.Copy function in order to copy a file from the Client's PC to the Server. The File to be copied is selected by the user using the FileUpload control and is then used by the server to perform certain operations. My problem is that when I copy the file using the File.Copy method and then execute a streamreader process on the file straight after, I get the following error; "The process cannot access the file '\\syddev1\latest\xmasEmail.html' because it is being used by another process. " Below is the piece of code where the problem...

File::Copy::copy() dies on identical files?
I'm giving File::Copy's tests a bit of a face-lift and I came across this: eval { copy("copy-$$", "copy-$$") }; printf "ok %d\n", 15+$loopconst unless $@ =~ /are identical/ && -s "copy-$$"; which basically says, "copy() should die if given the same source and destination file" which is a little extreme. Warn perhaps, but not die. I think it's just parroting the behavior of the 'cp' shell command. If nobody has any objections, I'll downgrade that to a warning and copy() just succeeds. P...

copying a file without using module File::Copy
Hello All, Is the only way to copy a file from one directory to another by using the copy module...? Would anyone have a snipet of code copying a file from one dir to another... Any assistance would be appreciated... Thank you, Mike ------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:13:06 -0500, Michael Pastore <Michael.Pastore@frontstep.com> wrote: > > Hello All, > > Is the only way to copy a file from one directory to another by using the > copy module...? > > Would anyone have a snipet of code copying a f...

Problems with File.Copy() Method for copy big files
I´m using the follow commando to copy a file: source = "c:\\domains\\pagina.com.br\\wwwroot\\folder\\filesou.xml";target = "c:\\domains\\pagina.com.br\\wwwroot\\folder\\filetar.xmb"; File.Copy(source, target, true); If I used a small file (source) with for example 233000 bytes the server copy to target without problems. But if I used the file (source) with 700000 bytes the server don´t copy. I´ m copy to the same folder... Why is this happened with big file as source ? Thank you... Rogério Does it throw any error. HighOnCodingWanna get high! I don´t know if it throw any error.Ho...

Error when copying using File.Copy and files exist
I'm trying to copy and overwrite files to an existing directory using :file.copy(source,destination,true)The command works perfectly when the files do not exist, but when trying to overwrite the files, I get an access denied error to the destination directory and files.It's not a permission issue because the folders have 'ASPNET' and 'Everyone' Access set up with full rights.Anyone have any ideas?Thanks in advance.JeffJeff Wasilauski, MCAD .NET, MCPC# WEB DEVELOPMENT-SQL SERVER DBA"If I have answered your question please mark as answer" Check if the File exists before copying and...

Raw device file vs regular device file
Hi Can someone please explain the pros and cons for the Raw vs regular device files in IQ environment. Since IQ is not an OLTP, we don't have the problem of data being commited to database but not write to disk due to OS disk cache. Is it ok to use regular device files instead of raw partition? I notice our system has lots of page I/O according to vmstat? What does that mean? It sounds like we need more memory, but would that because we are using regular device file instead of raw devices? What is the disadvantages for using regular device with IQ? I guess it will use u...

file to file copy
--nextPart3236501.eDU2PhZZ46 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8Bit hello, i have to write a perl script which copies text from one file to another but only if the text is not exisiting yet. For example: in file1: word: moon word2: sky .... the same syntax for every line in file2: #some text word: honey word3: lol word4: mu .... as well the same syntax for every line so now i want to merge file1 into file2, so that word: honey will be replaced by word: moon and word2: sky will be appended to file2. i have written the following...

Problem Copying a file from remote client using File.Copy
Hello, I have to copy a file that is uploaded from a remote client to Web Server into my application folder. I am using the following logic to achieve this. File.Copy(srcPath, destPath) Where srcPath = Path selected by the user using HTML File Input Control. and destPath = Server.MapPath(Excel_Upload) + "\Sample.xls" This works fine when I try uploading the file from the server system but when I try doing the same from a remote client, I get an exception which says "File.Copy Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Anas\Desktop\Sample12.xls'&...

What is the maximum file size that can be copied using File.Copy method ?
What is the maximum file size that can be copied using File.Copy method ?HighOnCodingWanna get high! It should only be restricted by available space. The copy function is just a wrapper for the Win32 copy funtion in kernal32.dll salam azam i do not know if this usefulhttp://forums.asp.net/1015306/ShowPost.aspxFadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchising.com Thanks It was helpful. HighOnCodingWanna get high! great to know this .......i owe you alot brother !! i always feel that i like to help people who always help meFadil Alnassar www.fa...

eegads! File::Copy not copying
Everything "was" perfect in my little program. I gave it a test run today. My file which copies some demofiles is sending blank empty files. I've used -e to make sure it exists and checked the return value on the copy(). Both check out fine. But the files have no content. Any suggestions? This is a snippet from one copy statement: my$ok = ""; $ok = copy("/$htmlroot/$htmldir/demosite/$filenames[$i]","/$htmlroot/$htmldir/$files[$i]") || push(@messages, "Couldn't copy /$htmlroot/$htmldir/demosite/$filenames[$i],\n to /$h...

Script file to copy files
Dear all, I have an external hard disk with lots of big files and a lot of small matlab script files .m. I would like to grab all the files inside that harddisk that have the .m extension or the *.mat file extension (both are matlab files). Of course this is a -first-find the *.m files script and -then copy the files into the hard disk. What I do not know is how I can also keep the structure of the folders containing the *.m and *.mat files when I will copy them in my local hard disk. As this external hard disk contains 2TB of data it is not possible to copy all the fi...

Web resources about - Copy devices files (ASE1503) between Win64 and Linux64 - sybase.ase.general

Mobile Internet device - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They are designed to provide entertainment, information and location-based services for personal use, rather than for corporate use. They allow ...

New emojis coming to Android next week, Nexus devices to be updated first
Android head Hiroshi Lockheimer has announced on Twitter this evening that Android devices will soon support the latest set of Unicode emojis. ...

Gameloft Launches Sniper Fury on Mobile Devices
Gameloft has released its newest game, Sniper Fury, on mobile devices. The first-person shooter takes players to the near future as they join ...

People are in denial about using devices while walking and being bad at it
(credit: Don LaVange/Flickr ) ‘Keep your eyes on the sidewalk and your hands off the phone’ may become the slogan of safety campaigns of the ...

Is the Force With Analog Devices?
Is the Force still with Analog Devices ( ADI )? Barclays analyst Blayne Curtis downgraded Analog Devicesto Equal Weight from Overweight and cut ...

Over 50 percent of devices in US classrooms are Chromebooks
... of (most) Chromebooks has seen the share of certain markets rocket particularly in the classroom. Back in 2012, less than one percent of devices ...

New device gives voice to the deaf by translating sign language to speech in real time
Over the past couple of decades, the world has evolved in a way that favors the hearing impaired, believe it or not. Whereas telephone calls ...

Google's Chromebooks make up half of US classroom devices
Google Chromebooks make up more than half of the devices in US schools. Google's success comes at the expense of Apple and Microsoft.

Charge your devices on the go with the Death Star
Harness the power of the dark side with a Star Wars Death Star USB car charger before those pesky Rebels find you. It's perfect for pretending ...

MediaTek announces open-source development platform for IoT devices
... has announced the launch of the MediaTek LinkIt Smart 7688, a development platform enabling rapid development of advanced Wi-Fi based devices ...