COND comand

Hi ALL!

Can anybody direct me to some information about COND command apearing
sometimes as ASE process state in Sybase Central
It seems to me that it ocurs when SQL server experince some kind of troubles
(overloading or something else). My server is ASE 11.5 on NT 4.0

Thanks in advance

Alexander Mitchenko
Kiev, Ukraine
alex@alexm.carrier.kiev.ua
ICQ # 52684658

0
Alexander

The COND command means that a process is executing a 'conditional' statement
like an if command.  Seeing that in and of itself should not be indicative
of a performance issue on the ASE.

"Alexander Mitchenko" <alex@alexm.carrier.kiev.ua> wrote in message
> Hi ALL!
>
> Can anybody direct me to some information about COND command apearing
> sometimes as ASE process state in Sybase Central
> It seems to me that it ocurs when SQL server experince some kind of
troubles
> (overloading or something else). My server is ASE 11.5 on NT 4.0
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Alexander Mitchenko
> Kiev, Ukraine
> alex@alexm.carrier.kiev.ua
> ICQ # 52684658

0
Eric
12/26/2001 2:29:41 PM
Thank you very much Eric!

But our experince show that this COND state appears in the case of bad
written stored procedure or in the case of a big number deadlocks etc. I
thought that COND mean something like "conditional" but our experience show
us that there may be some additional internal sense.

The best regards and Merry Christmas!

AlexM

"Eric McGrane" <emcgrane@docharbor.net> wrote in message
> The COND command means that a process is executing a 'conditional'
statement
> like an if command.  Seeing that in and of itself should not be indicative
> of a performance issue on the ASE.

> "Alexander Mitchenko" <alex@alexm.carrier.kiev.ua> wrote in message
> > Hi ALL!
> >
> > Can anybody direct me to some information about COND command apearing
> > sometimes as ASE process state in Sybase Central
> > It seems to me that it ocurs when SQL server experince some kind of
> troubles
> > (overloading or something else). My server is ASE 11.5 on NT 4.0
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Alexander Mitchenko
> > Kiev, Ukraine
> > alex@alexm.carrier.kiev.ua
> > ICQ # 52684658

0
Alexander
12/26/2001 2:56:44 PM
Alexander Mitchenko wrote:

> But our experince show that this COND state appears in the case of bad
> written stored procedure or in the case of a big number deadlocks etc. I
> thought that COND mean something like "conditional" but our experience show
> us that there may be some additional internal sense.

	Yes, its any conditional statement. If you are experiencing
	blocking or deadlock problems with a particular sproc, the
	best thing to do is to profile the sproc with a set showplan
	on statement or a sp_showplan call.

-am	� 2001
0
Anthony

ASE to ASE

What generals generally do

ASE and ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

Eric Miner-perf issue from ASE general forum
Eric, Thanks for taking a look at thif for me. I appreciate your efforts!! I posted a message a while back about serious performance issues with an IBM RS/6000 F50 running AIX 4.3.3 FP9. It is a dual proc 333MHZ with 1GB of ram, 800MB allocated Sybase. Sybase version is 11.9.2.5 on the AIX machine. When I run the exact same proc on our development server, a Compaq proliant 5000 running NT4 SP6a, single proc PIII Xeon 550 with 384MB of RAM, and 150MB allocated to Sybase, the NT server can process 1000 rows in the same amount of time (+-2 seconds) it takes the AIX machine to...

sql remote ase to ase
can I use sql remote ro replicate data form ase to ase or only from asa to ase and asa to asa ? I would also recommend that you read over the following tech doc; Implementing ASE to ASE Server SQL Remote Replication http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1009730 Ian Bater iAnywhere Solutions Reg Domaratzki wrote: > Just be aware of the limitations pointed out in the documentation when using ASE as a remote database. > > Replication and Synchronization Guide > PART 4. Appendixes > APPENDIX A. Enterprise and Anywhere: Differences > > Limitations ...

sql-remote between ASE and ASE
hello! sql-remote document don't give us help with replication with ASE and ASE. i need detail how to do it. i use ASE12 + NT4.0 + SQL Remote6.0.2 . i test it in the list 1�� define messagetype : smtp 2�� define use_name :one is publisher,the other is remote user_name 3�� define publisher,publication,subscription 4��execute ssremote.exe to receive or send message I failed at the step of extract database .i don't extract the database . please help me ,tell me the datail of sql-remote confige. Thanks a lot , ...

Solaris ASE to Linux ASE
We are looking into using Replication Server to Set up Warm Standby of Production ASE databases - Primary site being on Solaris platform - Standby Copy on Linux. Does any utilize this configuration ? What is the best way to initialize data on the Standby Server ? What other issues should I be concerned with ? Hi, Technically you can setup Warm Standby across platforms. It may work well too with Replication Server. However, you cannot dump and load the databases (cross platform dump and load not supported), hence there will be issues when you need to resync your databases. Eac...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT
HI everybody Can you help me please with the following question. We need to syncronize ASE to ASE ( bidirectional) Initially, it was planned to implement with SQL remote, but it isn't available. With replication server, it isn't a solution beacuse, the customer doesn=B4t have a comunntication channel all time. We think use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an ASA in the middle, so that, first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later, ASA to ASE, is it this feasible ??? Thanks four your answer "Marco" <mbarrion@uniplex.com.ec> wr...

ASE workgroup
hi, what the diference between ASE workgroup and ASE Enterprise, to which systems apply workgroup or enterprise. is an AlphaServer 4000 (DIGITAL SERVER 7305) workgroup and unix and ASE 12.0 will be avaliable for true unix (DEC UNIX). thanks in advance ...

ASE Migration From ASE 11.5.1 (NT) to ASE 12.9 on Win2003.
Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above subject? Thank you. ASE 12.9? Currently, no released versions of ASE are certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when it is released later this year. Mark Kusma <Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... > Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on > above subject? > Thank you. Thanks for the info. I would like to know if there's any online documentation on migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1? Do applica...

Web resources about - COND comand - sybase.ase.general

Comand News - Autoblog
comand news, articles, stories and information from 2014-02-26.

Despite GOP Establishment Efforts, Mississippi’s Chris McDaniel Comands Polling Lead – McConnell, Barber ...
Recent Mississippi Polling pdf MISSISSIPPI - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell hosted a fundraiser that collected $825,000 for Cochran on ...

App Store - iStudy PRINCE2 Project Management Foundation Exam - 220 Questions
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about iStudy PRINCE2 Project Management Foundation Exam - 220 Questions on ...

Suggest a Business Model for a Startup
Middle East Review Startups Jeeran & Qaym - Freemium /Subscription Model: Middle East review startups (www.jeeran.comand www.qaym.com) similar ...

It's a bittersweet end as Guillaume's challenge turns sour for one amateur
It's a bittersweet end as Guillaume's challenge turns sour for one amateur

Command Line Interface - AfterDawn: Glossary of technology terms & acronyms
... Line Interface A program which can be run from a Windows command prompt or UNIX/Linux terminal window or standard TTY interface has a Comand ...

A N F Y T E A M
Purchase Anfy (Java) Shareware Regcodes How to pay If you have read theregistration information and wish to register, you can buy the registrationcode(s) ...

Karen Kwiatkowski’s Primary Mission
At first blush, Karen Kwiatkowski might read like apuzzle: she spent over twenty years in the military, but today isone of its biggest critics. ...

2012 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Reviews, Expert Car Reviews on AOL Autos
Read 2012 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class reviews from auto industry experts to gain insight on the Mercedes-Benz CL-Class's drivability, comfort, power ...

TRANSLOGIC's Guide To Geneva Motor Show 2012
Geneva is one of the most anticipated Auto Shows of the year. We rundown why.