Compatibility of ASE 12 & 15 with Window Server 2003

Hi,

We've some ASE 12 & ASE 15 databases. We connect those
databases from different geographic locations. We also
connect to those databases via Citrix server.

At present the OS installed in the Citrix Server is Windows
2000. And we are planning to upgrade the same to Windows
2003.

Prior upgrading, we want to confirm the compatibility of ASE
12 & ASE 15 with Windows Server 2003.

Note: We've 10+ applications in Citrix Server that connects
to the ASE 12/ASE 15 databases.

Kindly advise.

Thanks!

Regards,
Velu
0
Velu

You can use Sybase's certification website to answer this question:

http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/refinePlatResult.do?baseProductId=2&licPlatformId=133&submitBy=os&refProductId=0&refPlatformId=107

According to it, ASE 12.5 and 15.0 and 15.0.3 were certified on Windows
2003.

Thanks,
   Neal
0
Neal

ASE 12 & ASE 15 compatibility with Windows Server 2003
Hi, We've some ASE 12 & ASE 15 databases. We connect those databases from different geographic locations. We also connect to those databases via Citrix server. At present the OS installed in the Citrix Server is Windows 2000. And we are planning to upgrade the same to Windows 2003. Prior upgrading, we want to confirm the compatibility of ASE 12 & ASE 15 with Windows Server 2003. Note: We've 10+ applications in Citrix Server that connects to the ASE 12/ASE 15 databases. Kindly advise. Thanks! Regards, Velu Hi, You can use Sybase's certificati...

ASE 12.0 on Windows 2003 server
I found lots of related posts but nothing specific to my problem. We installed ASE12.0 on Win 2003 and we cannot get it started from the Service Manager. Does not even write anything to the Sybase errorlog. Just get a pop up window saying failed to start service. Starts from a command line using the run.bat file just fine. We are running ebf 10395. I know its old, we're planning to go to 12.5.2 but I need to get this running first. Anyone come across this? Ray DiMarcello Ray.DiMarcello@us.ing.com Ray DiMarcello wrote: > I found lots of related posts but noth...

ASE 12.0 on Windows 2003 server
Hi, ASE 12.0 on a windows 2003 server is probably not su^pported by Sybase but is it possible to install ASE 12.0 on a windows 2003 server ? Does it properly works ? thanks! > Hi, > ASE 12.0 on a windows 2003 server is probably not > su^pported by Sybase but is it possible to install ASE > 12.0 on a windows 2003 server ? Does it properly works ? > > thanks! Hi, I am also facing the same problem. Can the latest ASE 12.5x work under Win 2003 ? Regards, Others have installed ASE 12.0 and 12.5.0.x on Win 2003 and reported success. However, only 12.5.0....

Dump & Load (DB Migration from ASE 12.5 to ASE 15)
Dear All, What are the important points we need to take care while performing Dump & Load Migrations from Windows to Linux. We need to ensure logins, users, roles, and device fragments. Pleaes let me have expert views. Does Linux supports RAW Devices ? Regards KRV K.R.V wrote: > Dear All, > > What are the important points we need to take care while performing Dump & > Load Migrations from Windows to Linux. > > We need to ensure logins, users, roles, and device fragments. Pleaes let me > have expert views. In the past, I've bcp&#...

ASE 12.5.2. and Windows Server 2003
Hello everybody, Please, someone knows if I can install ASE 12.5.2. in Windows 2003? Best regards and thanks for your help. Tonny Cardenas Hello, Yes, it has been certified on Windows 2003: http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/platformDetail.do?certId=103&platformId=15&productId=2 Thanks, Neal On 19 oct, 17:51, SybaseNeal <nst...@nospam.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Yes, it has been certified on Windows 2003: > http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/platformDetail.do?certId=103&plat... > > Thanks, > Neal Hello Neal, ...

ASE 12.5 Eval on Windows Server 2003
Can we install ASE 12.5 Evaluation version on Windows Server 2003 (SP 1)? ...

ASE ODBC Driver 15.x backward compatible with ASE 12.5.x
Can anyone point me to a statement by Sybase that ASE ODBC Driver 15 will work with ASE 12.5.x databases? I'm under the impression that it is backward compatible but I will need to install the 15.x cataloging stored procedures in the 12.5.x servers to allow MS Access / Excel / Query type users to work. -- Thank You Scott Kellish --- Quote of the Minute --- Dilbert's Words of Wisdom: Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it. _________________________________________ Scott Kellish, Owner SoftSystem Solutions, LLC. 18 Ridge Road...

Squeezing the maximum memory out of ASE 12.5.x (and ASE 15.0) on Windows
I've seen a few postings asking how to get the largest memory allocation on a Windows 32-bit platform on ASE 12.5.x. Here is what I've pieced together over the last couple of years. In early testing the same configuration applies to ASE 15.0 too. Note that this isn't the last word on how to configure Sybase for large memory in Windows (I'm sure there must be tricks to squeeze even more memory out of the system) but these tips work well for me. ----- The Microsoft Windows operating system, running on a 32 bit platform has memory address limits for the maximum ...

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

ASE 12.5 Eval on Windows Server 2003 Entperise
Can we install ASE 12.5 Eval for Windows NT on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition? > Can we install ASE 12.5 Eval for Windows NT on Windows > Server 2003 Enterprise Edition? Hi, Yes, any windows version with NT technology will support ASE. Windows versions like Professional 2000, XP, WIN 2000 Server, and so on. Cheers S.K Actually,we are using evaluation version of windows 2003 server and are getting an error which says: An Unhandled win32 exception occured in jave.exe[2124]. Just-in-time debugging of this exception failed and so on..... > > Can we in...

ASE 12.5 can run on windows 2003 server ?
AS title if not , what time ASE can support? Thanks!! It is planned for later in the year, tentatively sometime Q3 for basic functionality, Q4 for the HA features. -bret peter wrote: > > AS title > if not , what time ASE can support? > > Thanks!! Thanks!! > It is planned for later in the year, tentatively sometime > Q3 for basic functionality, Q4 for the HA features. > > -bret > > > peter wrote: > > > > AS title > > if not , what time ASE can support? > > > > Thanks!! I was trying to run A...

ASE 12.5.0.3 Certified on Windows 2003 Server
Hi, Is ASE 12.5.0.3 certidied (officially) for Windows 2003 Server? Luis, Luis Porras wrote: > > Hi, > > Is ASE 12.5.0.3 certidied (officially) for Windows 2003 Server? > > Luis, The certifications page is available at http://ohno.sybase.com/cgi-bin/ws.exe/cert/ase_cert.hts This is what it says: Windows Server 2003 12.5(32) ASE 12.5.0.3 ESD#4 required. This cert excludes HA, LDAP, EJB. This cert covers the editions:Enterprise, Standard, Data Centre, Small Business.ASE instances address upto 3GB memory, ASE HA is a 2 no...

ASE 12.5.1 on Windows 2003 Server...100% cpu usage
I am running ASE 12.5.1 developer version on a Windows 2003 server. Regardless of what scripts I am running, my Windows 2003 server goes to 100% and stays there a LONG time. Even when I'm creating/updating tables, views, etc. And there's very little data in the database, and I'm the only one using it. I tried running sp_sysmon but it always says "Space available in the log segment has fallen critically low in database 'tempdb'. The run of sp_sysmon was for no more than 2 seconds. Any ideas on how to get past this? I will add that tempdb is on master, master...

Web resources about - Compatibility of ASE 12 & 15 with Window Server 2003 - sybase.ase.general

Electromagnetic compatibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) is the branch of electrical sciences which studies the unintentional generation, propagation and reception ...

Ideal - free compatibility test: zodiac sign, сhinese horoscope, by name on the App Store on iTunes
Get Ideal - free compatibility test: zodiac sign, сhinese horoscope, by name on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

E3 2015 New Xbox One Dashboard with DirectX12/Windows 10 + Backwards Compatibility - YouTube
For more big E3 news and clips be sure to subscribe! BIG changes:Cortana, Shortcut, faster UI, Backwards compatible, Cross platform multiplayer ...

Is compatibility in the stars or your gut?
Is compatability in the stars or your gut? Compatibility; we’re obsessed with it. Does this job suit me? Does this apartment meet my needs? Does ...

E3: Xbox One to gain backwards compatibility
Older Xbox games to work with new console, Microsoft has announced at E3 2015 in Las Vegas.

Apple unveils longer, thinner iPhone 5 with Australian 4G LTE compatibility
APPLE has unveiled a longer iPhone with a large 4-inch screen that will work on Australia's 4G LTE networks operated by Telstra and Optus.

Human frailty and masculinity: Mitch Clark shows their compatibility
Raw and unedited, this was a private hell made instantly public.

Sony brings backwards compatibility to PlayStation with Gaikai deal
First and third-party games to be streamed to hardware

Xcode 5.1, iAd Producer 4.1.2 released with improved iOS 7.1 compatibility
... coverage of AAPL Company , Apple , and iPhone . What do you think? Discuss "Xcode 5.1, iAd Producer 4.1.2 released with improved iOS 7.1 compatibility" ...

‘CheckR’ App Tests USB Type-C For Nexus 5X, 6P Compatibility
USB stands for Universal Serial Bus and is an industry standard originally developed in the mid 1990s, designed to standardize the connectivity ...