check this...

sybase updated its optimizer in 15, which we in Sybase world
thoguth was great achievement. The migration was fun...

Check below site from DB2, it seems to be interesting
concept.
Whats the news from Sybase world after SAP saga!

SYBASE ----> OPTIMIZER (Updated) ----> FUTURE PATH (!)

..        ----- SQL-PL (DB2) OPTIMIZER  ----
..       |                                  |
DB2 ----                                   |---- FUTURE :)
..       |                                  |
..        ----- TSQL (skin) OPTIMIZER   ----|
..       |                                  |
..        ----- PL-SQL (skin) OPTIMIZER ----|

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/db2/linux-unix-windows/editions-features-sql-sybase.html
0
jobless

Those aren't optimizers, they are "skins" as you say.  Translators to native
DB2, then optimized.   It's meant to make migrations from those applications
to DB2 "easier".  Marketing glossy, or the real thing?  Give em a try and
let us know about your experiences.

<jobless> wrote in message news:4d0d6585.596a.1681692777@sybase.com...
> sybase updated its optimizer in 15, which we in Sybase world
> thoguth was great achievement. The migration was fun...
>
> Check below site from DB2, it seems to be interesting
> concept.
> Whats the news from Sybase world after SAP saga!
>
> SYBASE ----> OPTIMIZER (Updated) ----> FUTURE PATH (!)
>
> .        ----- SQL-PL (DB2) OPTIMIZER  ----
> .       |                                  |
> DB2 ----                                   |---- FUTURE :)
> .       |                                  |
> .        ----- TSQL (skin) OPTIMIZER   ----|
> .       |                                  |
> .        ----- PL-SQL (skin) OPTIMIZER ----|
>
> http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/db2/linux-unix-windows/editions-features-sql-sybase.html

0
Sherlock
12/20/2010 3:10:02 PM
> Those aren't optimizers, they are "skins" as you say.
> Translators to native  DB2, then optimized.   It's meant
> to make migrations from those applications  to DB2
> "easier".  Marketing glossy, or the real thing?  Give em a
> try and  let us know about your experiences.
>

> <jobless> wrote in message
> > news:4d0d6585.596a.1681692777@sybase.com... sybase
> > updated its optimizer in 15, which we in Sybase world
> thoguth was great achievement. The migration was fun... >
> > Check below site from DB2, it seems to be interesting
> > concept.
> > Whats the news from Sybase world after SAP saga!
> >
> > SYBASE ----> OPTIMIZER (Updated) ----> FUTURE PATH (!)
> >
> > .        ----- SQL-PL (DB2) OPTIMIZER  ----
> > .       |                                  |
> > DB2 ----                                   |---- FUTURE
> > :) .       |                                  |
> > .        ----- TSQL (skin) OPTIMIZER   ----|
> > .       |                                  |
> > .        ----- PL-SQL (skin) OPTIMIZER ----|

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/db2/linux-unix-windows/editions-features-sql-sybase.html

its compatibility mode in DB2, the core optimizer is still
DB2 which does understand majority of TSQL and PL-SQL
syntax(aka skin). I know of a huge project which they
successfully migrated (it was an old lotus installation a
VLDB multi region sybase implementation using rep server)

i just started looking into db2, and seems to be enjoying...
after spending years in sybase its hard to score a job in
sybase, i woudnt count 1 month into db2 to land me something

though the 'db2 compatibility' skin mode does seems to be
insteresting concept... at least they have something for the
marketing team to pitch for...
0
jobless
12/21/2010 2:43:43 AM
DB2 is a fine product.  Actually, there isn't an enterprise DBMS out there
that probably can't do the job 95% of the time.  All comes down to what you
are comfortable with, and where you fit the best and can contribute the most
value.  Good luck -

<jobless> wrote in message news:4d10145f.2789.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Those aren't optimizers, they are "skins" as you say.
>> Translators to native  DB2, then optimized.   It's meant
>> to make migrations from those applications  to DB2
>> "easier".  Marketing glossy, or the real thing?  Give em a
>> try and  let us know about your experiences.
>>

>> <jobless> wrote in message
>> > news:4d0d6585.596a.1681692777@sybase.com... sybase
>> > updated its optimizer in 15, which we in Sybase world
>> thoguth was great achievement. The migration was fun... >
>> > Check below site from DB2, it seems to be interesting
>> > concept.
>> > Whats the news from Sybase world after SAP saga!
>> >
>> > SYBASE ----> OPTIMIZER (Updated) ----> FUTURE PATH (!)
>> >
>> > .        ----- SQL-PL (DB2) OPTIMIZER  ----
>> > .       |                                  |
>> > DB2 ----                                   |---- FUTURE
>> > :) .       |                                  |
>> > .        ----- TSQL (skin) OPTIMIZER   ----|
>> > .       |                                  |
>> > .        ----- PL-SQL (skin) OPTIMIZER ----|
>> >

> http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/db2/linux-unix-windows/editions-features-sql-sybase.html
>>

> its compatibility mode in DB2, the core optimizer is still
> DB2 which does understand majority of TSQL and PL-SQL
> syntax(aka skin). I know of a huge project which they
> successfully migrated (it was an old lotus installation a
> VLDB multi region sybase implementation using rep server)
>
> i just started looking into db2, and seems to be enjoying...
> after spending years in sybase its hard to score a job in
> sybase, i woudnt count 1 month into db2 to land me something
>
> though the 'db2 compatibility' skin mode does seems to be
> insteresting concept... at least they have something for the
> marketing team to pitch for...

0
Sherlock

Checked=Checked
 I am dynamically writing out checkboxes on a page.  I have 2 link buttons on the page that sets a boolean variable to True or False. This boolen is set in Page_PreInit and is used to Select or Deselect all the Checkboxes as they are written out. A Select ALL, Deselect ALL type of thing. At least that is the plan. As the page is being written out I do this for each checkbox and then add it to a table cell control that it added to a table row and on. tc is the table cell.  Dim chkItem As CheckBox = New CheckBox chkItem.ID = "chkRecommend" + drMember("ID")...

Check In/Check out
I am using PowerBuilder 9. The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big problem! I so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8 hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful. However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also. PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum. If you want to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug ...

ASE and ASE

Check-in/Check-out
I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is being moved from is destroyed. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? Cheers, Tom Thomas F. (Tom) Massey wrote: > > I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out > operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is > being moved from is destroyed. > > Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? > > Cheers, > > Tom The prob...

Check In Check Out
I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a Registered status. Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object name' is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten. Open anyway?" Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not allowed for registered objects." How can I get around this? When I look under the "Source" menu, all the items concerning registered are grayed out. TIA Option1:Copy the object(Only) to someother pbl and try . Option2:If You have any SCC Expo...

ASE to ASE

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Have you looked the PB8 User's guide? Chapter 3 talks about source control. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69ba0a.592b.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Na...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Better to ask this in the source control group. Lots of posts on PBNative -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69678e.7b3a.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. ...

Check in
Hi all. I am migrating from PB 7.0 to PB 10.5, After migrating my first application i am trying to work on my first window but i'am not able to find out the way to CHECK it OUT. Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ?? TIA Mario Parietti What source control are you using? Have you configured it? Right click on your Workspace and check the source control tab to see if you've got it set up. "Mario Parietti" <mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote in message news:451283e0$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all. > I am migrating from PB...

What generals generally do

ASA To ASE - VS

General health checks
I've adopted an environment of 11 NetWare servers that include both 5.1 and 6.0 versions. I seem to have a variety of issues on some servers. I would like set up a list of general health checks on these servers so I can maybe ward off some potential damaging issues in the future. I have found the TID 10060600 for NDS Health Check Procedures which I think is an excellent start; however this is just NDS. What about file/volume structure checks? Or any other general system checks I could perform? NDS/eDirectory is special because it is implemented as a distributed da...

How to check of ase process?
Hi, We have two server are install ASE12.5.3 of both Sun server. And we have to make a check the process of server running is =91master=92 or =91slave=92. But I don=92t know the method to check the process server of Sybase. Rgds, manDBA If you simply want to see if the ASE server is running, take a look at the "showserver" script in $SYBASE/ASE-12_5/install directory. That may give you an idea of how to check to see if the server is running. <ManDBA> wrote in message news:42c518d2.29bf.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi, We have two server are install ASE12.5.3 o...

Check All Check Box While Check Header CheckBox
 hello...I have two grid on same page...both grid contains header checkbox and item checkbox i want that if use check header checkbox then all item check box checked,i have javascript for this functinality but problem is that when i click on header check box of first grid then checkbox of second grid also checked that i dnt want i want to perform this operation on one grid at one time.i have attache my script also...plz help me....thanks<script type="text/javascript">        function SelectAll(ID)      &nbs...

How to check how many check boxes are checked in the gridview
I am trying to make a javascript client fucntion to restrict no more then two rows could be selectedI have following in the itemtemplate of the gridview [although it is telerik control but same technique should be applied] <radG:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="chkCheck">                    <HeaderStyle  HorizontalAlign="Right" />                    <HeaderTempla...

Web resources about - check this... - sybase.ase.general

Check the Weather
provides weather data across the globe. From Timbuktu to Istanbul, wherever you end up you’ll always know what it’s like outside.

Check Point - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. is an international provider of software and combined hardware and software products for IT security , ...

Facebook Reminds Page Admins to Check Their Post Attribution Settings
Facebook page administrators are seeing pop-up messages reminding them to “change attribution settings” and ensure that they are posting as their ...

Kickstart 2016 with a financial health check
The new year is an opportunity to reset your money management and build prosperity - like electrician Paul Buhagiar who paid down $26,000 of ...

Jakarta attacks: why Facebook didn't trigger its Safety Check feature
Social networks are one of the first places people turn to for updates in the wake of tragedies. But Safety Check, a much touted Facebook tool ...

The Detroit Auto Show’s hottest new car is a Buick – check out these pics if you don’t believe it
The 2016 North American International Auto Show hadn't even officially begun on Sunday night, but we've already seen the hottest new car that ...

WE MUST GIVE PROPS TO DONALD TRUMP: But We Must Also Discount Double-Check His Record
... to purchase a gun. In a 1999 interview Trump was asked by Larry King whether he supported the NRA position against expanded background checks. ...

Foursquare checks in a new CEO
Its namesake software no longer the leader in social-location apps, the company shakes things up to stave off irrelevance.

JetBlue Site Experiencing “Intermittent System Outages” That’s Messing With Online Check-In, Boarding ...
If you’re having trouble booking flights, checking in online, or printing boarding passes on JetBlue.com, you aren’t alone: the airline said ...

Check out Siri’s mad beatboxing skills
We think Siri’s been holding out on us. It turns out that Apple’s digital assistant has been quietly working on a skill that we only recently ...