Cascade delete

Is there an 'add-on' to ASE that adds cascade delete
functionality? (parent-child situations.) To avoid writing
triggers for each table?
Thanks.
0
Nitin

> Is there an 'add-on' to ASE that adds cascade delete
> functionality? (parent-child situations.) To avoid writing
> triggers for each table?

No - there is no cascade delete functionality within ASE.

Michael
0
mpeppler
2/9/2007 2:42:44 PM
I suppose an 'sp_delcade' procedure could be written... :)

> > Is there an 'add-on' to ASE that adds cascade delete
> > functionality? (parent-child situations.) To avoid
> > writing triggers for each table?
>
> No - there is no cascade delete functionality within ASE.
>
> Michael
0
Nitin
2/9/2007 2:57:24 PM
In ASA I used it long back no idea in ASE

Thanks
KRV

<Nitin> wrote in message news:45cc7bd8.1f1e.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Is there an 'add-on' to ASE that adds cascade delete
> functionality? (parent-child situations.) To avoid writing
> triggers for each table?
> Thanks.

0
KRV