ASE Migration From ASE 11.5.1 (NT) to ASE 12.9 on Win2003.

Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on
above subject?
Thank you.
0
Lily

ASE 12.9?  Currently, no released versions of ASE are certified on Win 2003.
ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when it is released later this year.

Mark Kusma

<Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com...
> Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on
> above subject?
> Thank you.

0
Mark
8/25/2003 12:15:06 PM
Thanks for the info.
I would like to know if there's any online documentation on
migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1?
Do applications created by PB6.5 accessing ASE 11.5.1 data
require upgrade as well?

> ASE 12.9?  Currently, no released versions of ASE are
> certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when
> it is released later this year.
>
> Mark Kusma
>
> <Lily Maria> wrote in message
> > news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... Need help to
> > find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above
> > subject? Thank you.

0
Lily
8/26/2003 8:02:46 AM
This is one of those "It depends..." situations:

If you have reserved word clashes this will impact the applications.
Certain other T-SQL features have changed behaviour along the way, if these
were used you will
have impact.

If you're pb code calls views and sprocs your impact should be easier to
deal with due to the abstraction these provide.

If you do not upgrade the open client/odbc connectivity on the client you
will not be able to use new features of 12.5.x, which may not be supported
by PB 6.5 anyway - check the connectivity interoperability map/chart at
sybase.com - based on this there may be no necessity to upgrade.

You will also need to test extensively no matter how much preparation and
research is done. I would recommend that you absorb the release notes for
fixes and changes to behaviour for ASE and OpenClient/ODBC for major
releases since your version... no small task!

Regards
Grant

<Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f4b1453.6048.846930886@sybase.com...
> Thanks for the info.
> I would like to know if there's any online documentation on
> migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1?
> Do applications created by PB6.5 accessing ASE 11.5.1 data
> require upgrade as well?
>
> > ASE 12.9?  Currently, no released versions of ASE are
> > certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when
> > it is released later this year.
> >
> > Mark Kusma
> >
> > <Lily Maria> wrote in message
> > > news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... Need help to
> > > find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above
> > > subject? Thank you.

0
Grant

Dump from NT ASE 11.5 to NT ASE 11.5.1
I am having trouble dumping a 11.5 ASE database to a 11.5.1 backupserver. I have the remote backupserver listed in the 11.5 remote servers list. It works going from the 11.5.1 machine to the 11.5 machine. Is there a compatibility issue? Thank you for your time. Dax daj@abmdata.com What do you mean by 'having trouble'? Are you getting error messages? If so, what error messages? Any error messages in the backupserver errorlog? Is the dump command hanging? not completing? What is the actual dump command that you're using? Does the target tape/director...

rep solaris ase 11.5.1 to nt ase 11.5/11.51
Help! I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase 11.5 or 11.5.1 on nt on intel. Could you answer the following: 1) To move the initial data I would like to load the dump data from the Solaris server to Windows nt server. Can this be done? 2) Do my device definitions on the Nt side need to duplicate those on the Solaris side. 3) The repserver is on Solaris as well. I only have 11.5 on nt can get ase 11.5.1 on nt. Is this an issue. Do I need repserver on nt? Any known traps? george wrote: > Help! > > I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase...

Migration from ASE 11.5 to ASE 12.5
Hello I am planning the migration from Sybase 11.5 to 12.5. Can someone point me to some documentation on the subject? I am particularly interested in documents that explain the best way to migrate database objects (tables, indexes, etc...) and data. Thanks in advance. Jorge Vergara Sispro S.A. Canoas - RS - Brasil jlvergara@sispro.com.br wrote... > Hello > > I am planning the migration from Sybase 11.5 to 12.5. Can someone point > me to some documentation on the subject? > I am particularly interested in documents that explain the b...

backup from ASE 11.9.1 ,but restore to ASE 12.5
can i do that(as title)? do that have any hide problem? because I have do that succeses! but i can't sure that have any hide problem thanks!! should work fine. when the restore is done it will upgrade the database to 12.5, just make sure the is enough free space in eachof the databases there are new system tables and many of the existing one will expand with new fields. <peter> wrote in message news:3f3c9fe8.72dd.846930886@sybase.com... > can i do that(as title)? > do that have any hide problem? > because I have do that succeses! > but i can't sure t...

Migration to ASE 12 from ASE 11.5
Hi all, Has anyone out there perormed a migration from ASE 11.5.1.1 to ASE 12 on NT. If so I would be greatful if you could provide information on the following 1. Ease of migration and any issues encountered. 2. Sizes of databases migrated 3. Adopted migration plans - I could not find anything on the Sybase web site. 4. Experiences on ASE 12. Thanking you in advance Puvendran Hi, Yes, I have performed a migration from both v11.5.1 to v12 and from v11.9.2.1 to 12. I have put my responses below each of your questions. -- Andy Price, Sybase Certified Adapt...

ASE 11.9.2 -> ASE 12.5 Migration over Replication Server?
Hi, I've heared about the possibility to migrate an ASE (11.9.2->12.5, both 32bit) over the Replication server. Is it also possible with this solution to increase the page size (old ASE 11.9.2 with 2k -> new ASE 12.5 with 4k)? If yes, could anybody explain me please how that works? We've been using Rep. Server only for warm standby. Thank you in advance. Best regards, Marco Stroech ______________________________________________________ Marco Stroech Databases AOL Deutschland � Millerntorplatz 1 � 20359 Hamburg � Germany +49 (40) 36159-7454 � fax: +49 (40...

Converting NT 11.5 ASE to a Solaris 12.5 ASE
We are trying to migrate a server running on Windows NT to a Solaris machine. The NT box is running ASE 11.5 and the Solaris box is running 12.5. So far, the only way we have came up with to migrate the data is bcp. The problem is we estimate this to be probably about a 6-7 hour process. Our shop runs 24*7*365 and unfortunately downtime is not something we get. In the past when we have migrated servers, we have used warm-standby which has worked really nicely. But in this case we can't run dump and load to populate the database. Has anyone been able to migrate an NT box to a...

SQLRemote Problem with 7.0.2-1 and 6.0.2-1 on Linux [ASE 11.9.2-3 and ASE 12.5 eval]
Hi all I got the following problems using sql-remote. on ASE 12.5 eval: I got the following RPMs installed on RedHat Linux 7.2 - Kernel 2.4.17 - glibc-2.2.4 sybase-ase-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-common-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-openclient-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-sqlremote-7.0.2-1.i386.rpm After the execution of ssxtract or ssremote I got an error like: ../ssxtract: /opt/sybase-12.5/SQLRemote/lib/libsstasks7_r.so: version `libdbtasks7_r.so' not found (required by ./ssxtract) The file libsstasks7_r.so exists and the path is correctly specified in /etc/ld.so.conf. There'...

ASE 12 running with ASE 11.9.2 and RS 11.5
Hi, I have a customer that asks the following question: "Are there any issues running Sybase 32 and 64 bit applications on the same box? What about replication? Is it possible for us to upgrade to 12 repserver and dataserver on our central complex and continue to run 11.5 repserver/11.9.2 dataserver at remotes?" I would think that this configuration would be ok, but I thought I'd better verify it. Thanks, Pat Proft Alliance Support Pat Proft wrote: > Hi, > I have a customer that asks the following question:...

Migrate ASE 11.5 to ASE 12.5 causes pc-client problem!!
Hi all, I migrated ASE 11.5/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.5.1 to ASE 12.5/SWR 9609 GA/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8 on Sun box. I face problem on win 98 client application, written by VB 4, when it use recordset (DAO 3.0) to update table in ASE 12.5. The problem occure when use ODBC sybase system 10. Error in application is [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]Variable is not allowed in trigger. If I use passthru mode to run the same SQL on ASE 12.5, it is not such an error. Then I try to install 12.5 pc client on that machine but I can not do that because when during the installation proc...

Upgrading ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5 on Solaris 5.6
Does anyone have problems upgrading ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.0 on Solaris 5.6. I know that are issues with upgrading on Solaris 2.5, but what about Solaris 5.6? Thanks, Hang ...

Migration from ASE 11.5 NCR to ASE 11.5 SUN
Hi everybody. I have a question about the migration from ASE 11.5 on NCR to ASE 11.5 on SUN Solaris 2.6. My question is, how can I do the data migration without the use of bcps and DBArtisan? Exists another tool that leave me migrate the data more easy? Thanks, mpacheco@banrural.com.gt wrote... > Hi everybody. > > I have a question about the migration from ASE 11.5 on NCR to ASE 11.5 on > SUN Solaris 2.6. > > My question is, how can I do the data migration without the use of bcps and > DBArtisan? Exists another tool that leave me migrate the data ...

Backout from ASE 12.0 to ASE 11.5.1
Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with backing out an ASE 12.0 upgrade? Is it possible to bcp data out of tables in ASE 12.0 and bcp that data into an ASE 11.5.1 on another NT server? This would also be useful if you were unlucky enough to have a catastrophic hardware failure on a production server and had to back to your backup server in the middle of an upgrade project. Thanks for your consideration, Bill Rickerson, application DBA, M&T Bank "Bill Rickerson, Jr." wrote: > Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with b...

Web resources about - ASE Migration From ASE 11.5.1 (NT) to ASE 12.9 on Win2003. - sybase.ase.general

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow
EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow

Security is a major concern for cloud migrations
... Moreover, 40 percent worry about the loss of physical control over data in the cloud. In particular, 69 percent of companies fear migration ...

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

Migration to Windows 10 to be fastest yet, says Gartner
Windows 10 is poised to become the most widely installed version of Windows ever, following on the path of Windows XP and Windows 7 before it, ...

Huawei, Telefonica Partner on Enterprises Cloud Migration
The first countries where the enterprise cloud service will be deployed are Brazil, Mexico and Chile during the first quarter of 2016.

Africa-Europe: The politics of migration
While Western eyes have recently focused on the east and arrivals from Syria and Afghanistan, people from a dozen or so African countries continue ...

High skilled migration and global innovation
... using a multi-country endogenous growth model. The proposed framework introduces and quantifies a “frontier growth effect” of skilled migration: ...

MarTech Today: Google’s Rich Snippets, Dynamic Number Insertion & Site Migration
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing ...

6 ways to cut the cost and pain of a Windows 10 migration
... past two years, the cost and frustration was not only high, the resources required were crippling. But ready or not, chances are a new migration ...