ASE and Rep Server Shutdown

Could the group please assist with a response on the proper procedures to
shutting down Sybase replication (version 12.0) using rep agents and then
shutting down the primary and secondary ASE servers please (version 12.0
and 12.5)?

What is the proper method for shutting down the rep server first?

Thanks for the feedback,
Cynthia
0
clangev

What is the purpose for shutdown?
There is no incorrect way to shutdown Rep Server anyways, just shutdown it
down and it will take care of all the Rep agents, LTM's with it on both the
data servers, just that is a thread is reading/writing it will take the
time to finish the transaction.
0
Nirav

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

ASE and ASE

ASE to ASE

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

ASA To ASE - VS

ASE 15.0.2
Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway) here, unixODBC driver is preferred. Thanks You can't setup a "remote server" to anything other than another ASE, ECDA, or any other open server product. In order to connect to an ODBC target, your only option is ECDA. "dbMethods" <dbmethods@nospam.com> wrote in message news:47e19f5a@forums-1-dub... > Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and > comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway)...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

rep server 12.1 and ase 12.5.3 rep agent not starting
Dear all, Here is the scenario.. Machine 1. -Rep server ver 12.1 -ASE 12.5.3 having ---A. RSSD db ---B. Replicate dbs Primary databases are on different machines each with ASE 12.5.3. The primary sql server names are the same but the interface file entry in Machine 1 has different names for each. eg. Machine1 ASE server name test1 Rep server name rep1 Interface file entries: [test1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 [rep1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 [primary1] master=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 ...

Rep Server & ASE
Can Rep Server run on the same machine as ASE? Thanks Mike <mike> wrote in message news:647FED9ABADEFDD80074105285256C72.0074107B85256C72@webforums... > Can Rep Server run on the same machine as ASE? Yes. ...

Rep Server and ASE compatibility!
Hi All, Can some one help on the following topics. We have SybaseASE 12.0 and Rep server 12.0 running at 5 sites. One Rep server is designated as ID Server. Now we want to upgrade to ASE 12.5 and REP server 12.5 at each site phases say one site in one phase and then second one in second phase. Can some one give a plan...? Also, - Will Repl server 12.0 can communicat with Rep server 12.5 and ASE 12.5 in case one site is upgraded and others are not ? - Do we need to upgrade ID server first or other servers ? Please if someone can help out in this will be highly obliged....

ASE 11.5 on same server as ASE 12.5?
Anyone have 11.5 running on same server as 12.5 on NT? Would not be concerned to do this in Solaris as I am on an NT 4.0 Box sp6. Any known gotchas or issues? Going to take toni's advise in earlier posting on doing the 11.5 install as a seperate user on the server already running 12.5 just fine. Hope this wilkl take care of env vars??? We have one app that the company who developed it will no longer support us on newer versions of Sybase as a result this one crucial app must stay up and running on 11.5 while we allow the rest of our company to progress forward to 12.5 an...

Rep Server & ASE
Does anyone know if Rep Server 12.5 requires ASE 12.5? Or can Rep Server 12.5 work with ASE 12.0? Thanks Mike On Fri, 2 May 2003 14:39:10 -0400, mike wrote: >Does anyone know if Rep Server 12.5 requires ASE 12.5? Or can Rep Server >12.5 work with ASE 12.0? I would check the release bulletins for Rep Server to know for sure. I do know that Rep Server 12.0 works find with ASE 12.5 as long as you aren't using the longer data types available in 12.5. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Hi Mike, We have an instance of the pair(ASE-12_0,REP-12_5) you mentioned below We have ...

Upgrade ASE and Rep Server
It's been a long time since I played with rep server and I just started a job where next weekend they want to upgrade ASE to 64-bit. My question is do we have to upgrade both primary and replicate to 64-bit or can replicate remain 32-bit. Rep server is on the replicated machine. TIA Nick <NCousin> wrote in message news:EE15DDA47D104B6D005E1D7585256CFE.005E1DB585256CFE@webforums... > It's been a long time since I played with rep server and I just started a > job where next weekend they want to upgrade ASE to 64-bit. My question is > do we have to upgrad...

Web resources about - ASE and Rep Server Shutdown - sybase.ase.general

Shutdown (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To shut down or power off a computer is to remove power from a computer's main components in a controlled way. After a computer is shut down, ...

Facebook: More Than 45M Mentions Of Government Shutdown This Week
The government may be shut down , but Facebook is still up and running, to the tune of more than 45 million interactions related to the issue ...

HOW TO PLAY PROJECT M AFTER WiFi SHUTDOWN
This works with your SD card, so no USB + USB loader is required. *TABLE OF CONTENTS* *Part 1: Homebrew *Part 2: New Server Patch *Part 3: ...

Facebook: 45M interactions about government shutdown
As the U.S. Government shutdown enters day three, many people have aired their grievances on Facebook. How many? Facebook released statistics ...

Silicon Shutdown (@SiliconShutdown) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Silicon Shutdown @ SiliconShutdown ...

Schmooze or Lose: How the Lost Art of Negotiation Led to a Shutdown
By Jack and Suzy WelchWith all the finger-pointing and name-calling going on in Washington these days, it’s hard to believe a delegation of kindergarten ...

2012 11 20 Port of Oakland Shutdown by SEIU Local 1021 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
On the news: occupyoakland.org/2012/11/pickets-still-needed-its-all-sh... www.washingtonpost.com/business/picketing-disrupts-activi...

WNBC(TV) analog nightlight shutdown - the final 2 minutes - YouTube
This really IS the end of WNBC's analog broadcasts on channel 4 in New York. The station ceased regular analog programming on the channel on ...

Like ABC, The Snobs at NPR Laugh At Shutdown of Hostess, the Snack-Food 'Supervillains'
On Friday, Scott Whitlock reported ABC's Good Morning America reported the morning show milked the 18,000 jobs lost in the shutdown of Hostess ...

US shutdown stalemate enters realm of the absurd
The chaos at the heart of government in the US danced into the realm of the absurd on Tuesday morning when the Congressional Republicans who ...