ASE 15 Performance and Tuning Guides

Greetings,

Does anyone know when the updated ASE 15 versions of
"Performance and Tuning Guides" will be released?

The guides on sybooks are for ASE12.5.1

Thanks in advance.

Alberto
0
Alberto

> Greetings,
>
> Does anyone know when the updated ASE 15 versions of
> "Performance and Tuning Guides" will be released?

I *think* that they were supposed to be released sometime
later this year, but I don't have any clear information.

Michael
0
mpeppler
5/31/2007 11:34:19 AM
I'm not aware of when these will be released.  I'm guessing some time after the
15.0.2 release.

However, there is the query processing guide which has some similar performance
related chapters in it.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.help.ase_15.0.query_proc/html/query_proc/title.htm

"Alberto da Silva" <Alberto.daSilva@rmb.co.za> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> Does anyone know when the updated ASE 15 versions of
> "Performance and Tuning Guides" will be released?
>
> The guides on sybooks are for ASE12.5.1
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Alberto

0
Sherlock

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

Having issues loading a dump from ASE 15 beta2 into ASE 15. Beta license expired so installed new copy of ASE 15 and the dumps from beta2 do not load. Have tried doing remote load into ASE 15 using beta2 backup server. Issues here because dumps done with level 4 compression: 1> load database dbadmin from "compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat" at IT_BETA_back 2> go Backup Server: 5.21.2.1: Remote DUMP/LOAD is not allowed when interfacing to a stripe for device 'compress::4::/usr/sybase/dump/IT_TEST.dbadmin_onite_0.dat'. .... 30 10:5...

ASA To ASE - VS

Upgrade Problems (ASE 15.02 ESD#5 to ASE 15.03)
Hello there I recently tried to upgrade to ASE 15.03. Downloaded the file ase1503_linx86_32.tgz via wget from the product download center, gunzip'ed it into a directory and tried to ./setup -console it. During the setup script I got presented with the following Java Stacktrace: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "rpm": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source) at com.s...

ASE 15 Performance
All; I have been running extreme load stress testing on the new ASE 15.0.1 DBMS version. The baseline comparison is to ASE 12.0 (running on W2K and W2003 server, dual CPU, RAID configured servers) which performs very well at 1M I/O per hour. The Stress environment simulates 5,000 concurrent web sessions through 3 EAServers to ASE - which corresponds to about 600 concurrent database connections per minute at the peak of the the load test. The server hardware, test database and network are identical in all cases. The perfomance of ASE 15 after some tuning effort is about 50-6...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

ASE 12.5.2 and ASE 15
Hi everybody: We have a Sun Solaris server with ASE 12.5.2. Can we install ASE 15.0 on this server and work with two version of ASE ??. Sincerely George <George> wrote in message news:43a9c028.32f5.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi everybody: > > We have a Sun Solaris server with ASE 12.5.2. Can we install > ASE 15.0 on this server and work with two version of ASE ??. > > Sincerely > > George Yes -- as long as you install each in a separate directory tree and make sure you have separate sets of settings for $SYBASE, $SYBASE_ASE< $SYBASE_O...

ASE 15 on Debian Etch WAS: ASE 15 on Debian 3.1 sarge install problem (Jul 26,2007)
> Still no response? Anybody knows what to do with glibc to > have tls support? > > Thanks) > > David > > P.S. I tried upgrade to last kernel (http://www.kernel.org > 2.6.22.1), but I ended with kernel panic unable to find > what=b4s wrong... Now I=b4m tr trying download Debian > 4.0.... So, in the end I downloaded Debian 4.0 Etch installed it in VMWare Player (under Windows XP Home) installed Sybase 15.0 EE and everything is O.K. :)))) > > Still no response? Anybody knows what to do with glibc > > to have tls support? > > ...

ASE 12.5.2 to ASE 15 Migration
I have a master database with size of 10 MB. When I run preupgrd.exe to check the upgrade validation, exe fails with a note add atleast 7 MB of additional data space !! Its known fact master db cannot grow out of master device, the left option takes both data and log when I use alter database. I re-checked preupgrd.exe to validate the upgrade process again its giving same message (I altered master database to the maximum of 40M from 10 MB) ***ERROR: alter database master to add at least 7 MB of data space. ***ERROR: alter database tempdb to ad...

Upgrade ASE 12.5.3 to ASE 15.0
Can I upgrade my ASE Server 12.5.3 ESD #3 to ASE15.0 without any problems? According to a ESD #2 notice, if I do this it may regress the bug compatibility?. What exactly does that mean? What should I do instead? Deborah, Brown wrote: > Can I upgrade my ASE Server 12.5.3 ESD #3 to ASE15.0 > without any problems? > > According to a ESD #2 notice, if I do this it may regress > the bug compatibility?. What exactly does that mean? What > should I do instead? It means that most of the bugs fixed in 12.5.3 ESDs haven't yet been forward-ported to 15.0....

Different behaviour of syslogins in ASE 15 and ASE 12.5?
Hi, I figured out a different behaviour if I create a login with more than 30 charaters as fullname, for example: sp_addlogin heinz, password, null, null, "these are more than 30 characters I think" In ASE 12.5 the account is created but the fullname column cropped after 30 characters. In ASE 15.0.2 the account isn't created at all. Anyone know if this a feature of 15.0.2? Any parameters I can set to get the 12.5.x behaviour? THX! Heinz I'm gonna assume you issued this command via some GUI ... because when I issue the command via isql I get: ===...

ASE 15 Cursor Performance Degradation
Is there a change between ASE 12.5 and 15.0.3 that significantly increases cursor processing overhead? Are there any server configuration parameters which increase or decrease this overhead? Background We have a Cobol batch job, which makes painful use of cursors, running in about 4hrs in ASE 12.5. This same job is taking 8-12 hours in ASE 15.0.3. Watching the job in ASE 15 I see excessive CPU utilization and very little logical reads. Every 1.5 seconds of execution time uses 1 second of CPU time. Every 1 second of CPU time results in 5,000 logical reads. There are virt...

Web resources about - ASE 15 Performance and Tuning Guides - sybase.ase.general

Eagles of Death Metal returns to Paris for U2 performance
Eagles of Death Metal will return to Paris on Sunday, just weeks after the city's terrorist attacks which claimed the lives of 130 people.

Witnesses thought Miami Beach art show stabbing was performance art
Onlookers at a Miami art show thought they were watching performance art.

Microsoft charms ‘old friends’ at 5th Ave Apple Store with ‘Peace on Earth’ performance
While Apple’s Christmas ad brought Stevie Wonder and Andra Day together this year for a warm performance of ‘Someday at Christmas’, Microsoft ...

TeamViewer 11 comes with the promise of better network performance, redesigns toolbar
... Linux and Mac computers. The new release, also available as a portable build for Windows users, launches with an emphasis on better performance ...

Commodity performance in 2015 - Business Insider Deutschland
It's been a bad year to be investing in commodities. But the pain may only be starting.

Restaurant Performance Index indicates faster expansion in October
Here is a minor indicator I follow from the National Restaurant Association: Restaurant Performance Index Rose in October Driven by stronger ...

Daisy Ridley: On my first day, JJ Abrams said ‘my performance was wooden’
... was petrified. I thought I was gonna have a panic attack on the first day. JJ [Abrams] … he probably doesn’t remember telling me that my performance ...

Study: Airlines Padded Flight Schedules To Improve On-Time Performance Stats
... and packages to their destination safely and on time,” the spokesperson said. Are airlines padding flight times to improve on-time performance? ...

A patch for Just Cause 3's performance problems is in the works
Just Cause 3 launched this week, and blimey has it been a bit of a mess. Patrick’s review of it was positive , saying it “provides some of the ...