ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition?

Hello

is there an ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition for Solaris
available? I want to simulate a customers environment for
development.

Kind regrads

Michael
0
Michael

On Dec 12, 12:07=A0pm, Michael Grimm wrote:
> Hello
>
> is there an ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition for Solaris
> available? I want to simulate a customers environment for
> development.

The completely free version isn't available anymore.

I think there is one available from eshop.sybase.com. It's not free,
though the cost is fairly low if I remember correctly.

Michael
0
mpeppler

thanks for the fast reply. The shop only sells 15.X.
I will have to use 15.4 for the moment.

Michael
0
Michael

Difference between ASE 12.5.1 Developer's Edition and non-Developer's Edition
I am looking for differences between the free developers edition of ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE 12.5.1. I noticed the OCS-12_5 in the Developer's Edition does not have the include directory and the lib directory only has the .so files and not the .a files. Any help? On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:02:05 -0700, wrote: > I am looking for differences between the free developers edition of > ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE 12.5.1. I noticed the OCS-12_5 in the > Developer's Edition does not have the include directory and the lib > directory only has the .so files and not...

ASE 12.5 developer's edition
I've installed ASE 12.5 developer's edition, which I can connect to with Sybase Central as long as I use localhost as the host name. If I try to connect remotely, or use the machine name or IP address locally, it won't let me connect. Is this a feature of the developer's edition? J. Cavanaugh I guess your running wintendo, check the $SYBASE/ini/sql.ni file which hostname/ip is entered -- Joop "The trouble with the concept of time is, there is no such thing as time, there is only an unlimited permutation of now" http://thedominion.cc "J...

ASE 12.5.2 Developer's Edition: Available?
Folks, Is ASE 12.5.2 Developer's Edition still available? I have followed several links to http://www.sybase.com/ase_1252devel but I get We're sorry, this page is no longer available. I am specifically interested in 12.5.2 for Solaris/SPARC, as that is our main platform at work. Thanks! Eric Try the 15.0 Developer's Edition: http://www.sybase.com/ase_1500devel HTH, Rob ------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0 and Replication Server 12.5 ...

ASE 12.5.1 Developer's Edition licenses
Folks, I've just installed the above and applied EBF 11665. After sorting out some problems, I eventually got the SYSAM service to work. A licenses.dat file has been created with what I guess are the defaults for the dev edition from sybpkg.dat (five packages). I had to run SySAM and enter 1 in all the fields to get the file populated. This causes an error to be stored in lmgrd.log when SYSAM is started 12:18:57 (SYBASE) Invalid license key (inconsistent authentication code) 12:18:57 (SYBASE) ==>INCREMENT 1 SYBASE 1 permanent 1 1 OVERDRAFT=10000 ck=0 SN=1 [...] When a...

ase 12.5 developer's edition and mandrake 9
Hi, just downloaded the ase 12.5 developer's edition, can any one give me a quick guide on how to install it? i'm using mandrake 9. thanks. Frank ...

Installing ASE 12.5.1 Developer's edition
Hi, My installation of ASE12.5.1 on RH8 is failing at theend when it tries to create the server. It looks like this is being caused by a shared memory configuration problem, which in Solaris was set in the /etc/system file. If this is the same issue, where is that setting in RH linux? Here's what I'm getting in the log file: os_create_region: can't allocate 37445632 bytes kbcreate: couldn't create kernel region kistartup: could not create shared memory On 3 Dec 2003 11:26:17 -0800, in sybase.public.ase.linux Germano <Germano_Silva@Brown.edu> wrote...

ASE 12.5 Developer's Edtion
Hi all! I tried do download ASE 12.5 Dev. Ed. from http://www.sybase.com/ase_125devel But the link does not work: http://crm.sybase.com/sybase/www/ESD/ase_125_dev_download.jsp Does anyone know where i can get it? Thanx Axel ...

ASE 12.5 to ASE 12.5.3
One of our client is having 3 no license for ASE 12.5 on Win2K (running 3 production servers) and not in the support/AMC with Sybase.. is client eligible to use ASE 12.5.3 ? Thanks KRV ...

ASA's 'Current Remote User' equivalent in ASE 12.5 ?

Hello, When we load a dump of our database, from our ASE 12.5.3 server into our ASE 15 (same sizes, options etc), we find that the table_ID's are different(newly created), but no mapping exist to the old table id's used. So the newly migrated procedures that depend on these tables and still seem to reference the old table ID's somewhere, fail unless entirely dropped and recreated. SP_RECOMPILE does NOT help! They problem persists. It fails when executed and we can't necessarily recompile all.. Any ideas, please let me know Liz > Hello, > > When...

ASE 12.5.2 to ASE 12.5.0.3
Hello, I have to return to ASE 12.5.0.3 from ASE 12.5.2. I created a new server and did a dump/load of a user database and that seems to be fine. Is this a safe way to downgrade ? Is it necessary to create a new server (master database) or should it also be possible to shutdown the 12.5.2 server and start it again with the 12.5.0.3 binary ? Thanks, Luc. ...

ASE Workplace 12.5 vs ASE Enterprise 12.5
Can anyone tell me what are the differences in the 2 packaging of ASE? TIA Himadri Hi Himadri, The main and I guess the only difference is price which is for WP ~= 4 times less. Category depends from machine level, for example for Sun the upper bound for WP is Sun E450 + 3 new XXXR. Go to http://eshop.sybase.com where you can see prices and in the help the up-to-date list of machines with category HTH, Eugene Himadri Laifangbam wrote: > Can anyone tell me what are the differences in the 2 packaging of ASE? > > TIA > Himadri For NT any machines up t...

ASE Developer's Edition
Hi Interested to know if there are any plans of releasing ASE 12.5.3a (column encryption) as a developer's edition or will there be an ASE 15.1 developer's edition (which will also have this option, right?) instead? Regards, /Mattias Mattias Hultman wrote: > Hi > > Interested to know if there are any plans of releasing ASE 12.5.3a (column > encryption) as a developer's edition or will there be an ASE 15.1 > developer's edition (which will also have this option, right?) instead? > > > Regards, > /Mattias > > Hi...

Web resources about - ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition? - sybase.ase.general