ASE 12.5 developer's edition - can't connect from other machines

I've installed ASE 12.5 developer's edition, which I can connect to with
Sybase Central as long as I use localhost as the host name. If I try to
connect remotely, or use the machine name or IP address locally, it won't
let me connect. Is this a feature of the developer's edition?

J. Cavanaugh


0
J
8/28/2002 6:01:24 PM
sybase.ase.general 8655 articles. 0 followers. Follow

2 Replies
595 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 51

I guess your running wintendo,

check the $SYBASE/ini/sql.ni file which hostname/ip is entered

--
Joop

"The trouble with the concept of time is,
there is no such thing as time,
there is only an unlimited permutation of now"

http://thedominion.cc
"J Cavanaugh" <jcavanaugh32@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:L3JJR8rTCHA.258@forums.sybase.com...
>
> I've installed ASE 12.5 developer's edition, which I can connect to with
> Sybase Central as long as I use localhost as the host name. If I try to
> connect remotely, or use the machine name or IP address locally, it won't
> let me connect. Is this a feature of the developer's edition?
>
> J. Cavanaugh
>
>


0
species8472
8/28/2002 9:25:57 PM
In article <4vejka.6gi.ln@pippi.thedominion.cc>, 
species8427@GEENZULT.thedominion.cc says...
> I guess your running wintendo,
> 
> check the $SYBASE/ini/sql.ni file which hostname/ip is entered
> 
> --
> Joop
> 
> "The trouble with the concept of time is,
> there is no such thing as time,
> there is only an unlimited permutation of now"
> 
> http://thedominion.cc
> "J Cavanaugh" <jcavanaugh32@attbi.com> wrote in message
> news:L3JJR8rTCHA.258@forums.sybase.com...
> >
> > I've installed ASE 12.5 developer's edition, which I can connect to with
> > Sybase Central as long as I use localhost as the host name. If I try to
> > connect remotely, or use the machine name or IP address locally, it won't
> > let me connect. Is this a feature of the developer's edition?
> >
> > J. Cavanaugh
> >
> >
> 
> 
> 

From windows menu: Start,Run,dsedit.

Put your actual server name in ServerAdress, not "localhost" as 
servername for your ASE server entry.
 
(dsedit is a gui editor for SQL.INI).


-- 
Roland van Veen <http://www.sybase.nl/solutions/consulting.html>
0
Roland
8/29/2002 8:28:43 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Difference between ASE 12.5.1 Developer's Edition and non-Developer's Edition
I am looking for differences between the free developers edition of ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE 12.5.1. I noticed the OCS-12_5 in the Developer's Edition does not have the include directory and the lib directory only has the .so files and not the .a files. Any help? On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:02:05 -0700, wrote: > I am looking for differences between the free developers edition of > ASE12.5.1 and the regular ASE 12.5.1. I noticed the OCS-12_5 in the > Developer's Edition does not have the include directory and the lib > directory only has the .so files and not...

ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition?
Hello is there an ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition for Solaris available? I want to simulate a customers environment for development. Kind regrads Michael On Dec 12, 12:07=A0pm, Michael Grimm wrote: > Hello > > is there an ASE 12.5 Developer's Edition for Solaris > available? I want to simulate a customers environment for > development. The completely free version isn't available anymore. I think there is one available from eshop.sybase.com. It's not free, though the cost is fairly low if I remember correctly. Michael Hi, thanks for t...

ASE 12.5.2 Developer's Edition: Available?
Folks, Is ASE 12.5.2 Developer's Edition still available? I have followed several links to http://www.sybase.com/ase_1252devel but I get We're sorry, this page is no longer available. I am specifically interested in 12.5.2 for Solaris/SPARC, as that is our main platform at work. Thanks! Eric Try the 15.0 Developer's Edition: http://www.sybase.com/ase_1500devel HTH, Rob ------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0 and Replication Server 12.5 ...

ASE 12.5.1 Developer's Edition licenses
Folks, I've just installed the above and applied EBF 11665. After sorting out some problems, I eventually got the SYSAM service to work. A licenses.dat file has been created with what I guess are the defaults for the dev edition from sybpkg.dat (five packages). I had to run SySAM and enter 1 in all the fields to get the file populated. This causes an error to be stored in lmgrd.log when SYSAM is started 12:18:57 (SYBASE) Invalid license key (inconsistent authentication code) 12:18:57 (SYBASE) ==>INCREMENT 1 SYBASE 1 permanent 1 1 OVERDRAFT=10000 ck=0 SN=1 [...] When a...

Installing ASE 12.5.1 Developer's edition
Hi, My installation of ASE12.5.1 on RH8 is failing at theend when it tries to create the server. It looks like this is being caused by a shared memory configuration problem, which in Solaris was set in the /etc/system file. If this is the same issue, where is that setting in RH linux? Here's what I'm getting in the log file: os_create_region: can't allocate 37445632 bytes kbcreate: couldn't create kernel region kistartup: could not create shared memory On 3 Dec 2003 11:26:17 -0800, in sybase.public.ase.linux Germano <Germano_Silva@Brown.edu> wrote...

ase 12.5 developer's edition and mandrake 9
Hi, just downloaded the ase 12.5 developer's edition, can any one give me a quick guide on how to install it? i'm using mandrake 9. thanks. Frank ...

ASA's 'Current Remote User' equivalent in ASE 12.5 ?
Can someone pls help me find out the equivalent of ASA's 'Current Remote User' in ASE 12.5 This is generally used in replcation confict resolution Thanks Ruta -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

ASE 12.5 Developer's Edtion
Hi all! I tried do download ASE 12.5 Dev. Ed. from http://www.sybase.com/ase_125devel But the link does not work: http://crm.sybase.com/sybase/www/ESD/ase_125_dev_download.jsp Does anyone know where i can get it? Thanx Axel ...

Loading a DB Dump from an ASE 12.5.3 load into ASE 15 remaps TABLE ID's but causes issues for Procedures
Hello, When we load a dump of our database, from our ASE 12.5.3 server into our ASE 15 (same sizes, options etc), we find that the table_ID's are different(newly created), but no mapping exist to the old table id's used. So the newly migrated procedures that depend on these tables and still seem to reference the old table ID's somewhere, fail unless entirely dropped and recreated. SP_RECOMPILE does NOT help! They problem persists. It fails when executed and we can't necessarily recompile all.. Any ideas, please let me know Liz > Hello, > > When...

RuntimeWarning: couldn't determine platform's TOTAL_PHYMEM warnings.warn("couldn't determine platform's TOTAL_PHYMEM", RuntimeWarning) while run ./mach build for Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit os
Hello I android developer i just work to build Firefox android build by Ste= p given in This Site : https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Fennec/Android#Explained Now let me give my system Info : Ubuntu 12.04 64 Bit OS=20 4 GB RAM Processor :Intel(R) Core(tm) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz =D7 4 I follow below step and which work fine with out any Error : sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get build-dep firefox sudo apt-get install ant wget http://dl.google.com/android/ndk/android-ndk-r8e-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 tar -xjf android-ndk-r8e-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 wget http://dl.google.com/android/adt/a...

ASE Developer's Edition
Hi Interested to know if there are any plans of releasing ASE 12.5.3a (column encryption) as a developer's edition or will there be an ASE 15.1 developer's edition (which will also have this option, right?) instead? Regards, /Mattias Mattias Hultman wrote: > Hi > > Interested to know if there are any plans of releasing ASE 12.5.3a (column > encryption) as a developer's edition or will there be an ASE 15.1 > developer's edition (which will also have this option, right?) instead? > > > Regards, > /Mattias > > Hi...

why a string column with a '' value synchronize from ASE to ASA, in ASA it's value become ' ' with a blank in it?
"darcy.zhai" <zhaizy@e-future.com.cn> wrote in news:43967064@forums-2-dub of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink: Please try to ask your question in the _body_ of the post, not the subject line. There are many people that never really look at the subject line (like myself most of the time). > why a string column with a '' value synchronize from ASE to ASA, in > ASA it's value become ' ' with a blank in it? This has to do with nullability. First, connect to ASE via ISQL and try the same query ML is executing. What is returned? An...

Why Doesn't KDE's NetworkManager Widget Have A 'Connect' Option?
Why is there no option in NetworkManager to actually connect, or disconnect, to a network? I set up local wifi here, on 12.1, while I was using KWallet. Then, when I became annoyed with KKWallet's incessant requests for my password, I turned it off. Apparently, that threw Network Manager for a loop, because at reboot a "Secrets" popup appeared demanding a password, but refused to accept any keystrokes. I say "apparently" because the little popup was devoid of any text that might explain its presence. All this in spite of the fact that the WPA password for ...

ASE 12.5 and default value ' ' problem
Hello, I would like to know under what conditions the following error could occur: "Variable is not allowed in default" This error is occuring only after upgrade of ASE 12.0 to ASE 12.5. This error occurs when a column has a default value ' ' (one space). When we change the default value from ' ' to any character (i.e: 'A'), the error disappears and applications works fine. We have never had this problem with ASE 12.0. In the following table if we drop the 'dummy_col' which has a default with ' ', the application works fin...

KDE's network manager won't connect but GNOME's will
Hi, I tried KDE for the first time a few days ago, after using GNOME for the 7 months I've been a linux user. I installed a fresh OpenSuSe 11.1 i586 KDE4.1 on my HP pavilion dv5035nr laptop. I found it beautiful. But I ran into trouble with the network manager. It wouldn't connect to my wireless network (even though it listed it). I tried it with my University's wireless network and it was able to connect (since the password verification for this is done using a web browser). This issue and a problem with the mp3 codecs as well as not being able to disable my touc...

Web resources about - ASE 12.5 developer's edition - can't connect from other machines - sybase.ase.general

Resources last updated: 1/13/2016 7:52:14 PM