ASE 12.0 on Windows 2003 server

Hi,
ASE 12.0 on a windows 2003 server is probably not su^pported
by Sybase but is it possible to install ASE 12.0 on a
windows 2003 server ? Does it properly works ?

thanks!
0
jpp

> Hi,
> ASE 12.0 on a windows 2003 server is probably not
> su^pported by Sybase but is it possible to install ASE
> 12.0 on a windows 2003 server ? Does it properly works ?
>
> thanks!

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. Can the latest ASE 12.5x
work under Win 2003 ?

Regards,
0
Edmond
9/9/2004 10:57:48 AM
Others have installed ASE 12.0 and 12.5.0.x on Win 2003 and reported
success. However, only 12.5.0.3 ESD4, and higher, is officially certified.
One note is that all versions prior to 12.5.0.3 ESD4 will not work as a
service on Win 2003. So, if you need to start ASE as a Windows service,
upgrade to a newer version of ASE (which you should do anyway since 12.0
becomes EOL at the end of the year).

Mark Kusma

<Edmond> wrote in message news:4140372c.2cb6.1681692777@sybase.com...
> > Hi,
> > ASE 12.0 on a windows 2003 server is probably not
> > su^pported by Sybase but is it possible to install ASE
> > 12.0 on a windows 2003 server ? Does it properly works ?
> >
> > thanks!
>

> Hi,
>
> I am also facing the same problem. Can the latest ASE 12.5x
> work under Win 2003 ?
>
> Regards,

0
Mark

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

ASE 12.0.0.x Compatibilty Issues Running on Windows Server 2003
Hi Everyone, I want to confirm if any one is running ASE 12.0 on a Win Server 2003 OS, as I haven't been able to find any specific info on this topic. cheers Sana ...

ASE 12 & ASE 15 compatibility with Windows Server 2003
Hi, We've some ASE 12 & ASE 15 databases. We connect those databases from different geographic locations. We also connect to those databases via Citrix server. At present the OS installed in the Citrix Server is Windows 2000. And we are planning to upgrade the same to Windows 2003. Prior upgrading, we want to confirm the compatibility of ASE 12 & ASE 15 with Windows Server 2003. Note: We've 10+ applications in Citrix Server that connects to the ASE 12/ASE 15 databases. Kindly advise. Thanks! Regards, Velu Hi, You can use Sybase's certificati...

ASE 12.5.0.3 Certified on Windows 2003 Server
Hi, Is ASE 12.5.0.3 certidied (officially) for Windows 2003 Server? Luis, Luis Porras wrote: > > Hi, > > Is ASE 12.5.0.3 certidied (officially) for Windows 2003 Server? > > Luis, The certifications page is available at http://ohno.sybase.com/cgi-bin/ws.exe/cert/ase_cert.hts This is what it says: Windows Server 2003 12.5(32) ASE 12.5.0.3 ESD#4 required. This cert excludes HA, LDAP, EJB. This cert covers the editions:Enterprise, Standard, Data Centre, Small Business.ASE instances address upto 3GB memory, ASE HA is a 2 no...

ASE 12.0.0.0 / SWR 8775 UPGRADE TO ASE 12.0.0.6/EBF 10628 PERFORMANCE PROBLEM
Hi All, We recently upgraded ASE 12.0.0.0/SWR 8775 to ASE 12.0.0.6/EBF 10628. Some queries stopped returning resultsets. Recompiled the stored procs which fixed the issue. But the queries are running slower now. The overall performance of the app has become sluggish. The CPU is generally running higher as well! Have also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 to include the new Solaris 8 threads library. Anybody any insights into this? How can we get back to the pre-upgrade performance levels short of rolling back the EBF. Regards Perry Perry, I guess 12.0.0.6 requires some Solaris ...

windows 2003 and ASE 12.0
Hi anyone, We have a server with ASE 12.0 on Windows 2003 Server. I can't run sqlserver as a service, however it run using RUN file. I don't find log errors. Any idea? ASE 12.0 is not certified for Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 has the fix for the 1067 problem and will be certified for Win 2003. It should be available within a week. Mark Kusma "Esteban Martinez" <emartinez@censys.com.ar> wrote in message news:3f7c7106$1@forums-2-dub... > Hi anyone, > > We have a server with ASE 12.0 on Windows 2003 Server. I can't run > sqlserver as a...

Can't construct query plan in ASE 12.0
Error 325 is being returned when trying to execute a stored procedure on version : Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.0/P/SWR 8773 ESD 1/RS6000/AIX 4.3.2/1580/64bit/FBO/Tue Dec 7 03:29:32 1999 ... this is the code causing the error when running on version listed above... it's a sub-query within a stored proc AND SBSB.HIST_ROW_ID = (select MAX(SBSB2.HIST_ROW_ID) FROM Massive_db.audit.CMC_SBSB_SUBSC SBSB2 WHERE SBSB2.SBSB_CK = SBSB.SBSB_CK AND CONVERT(CHAR(10),SBEL.SBEL_INSQ_DT,101) = CONVERT(CHAR 10),SBSB2.HIST_CREATE_DTM,101)) When executing same stored procedure on AS...

Migrating from ASE 12.0 32-bit to ASE 12.0 64-bit
Has anyone run into any problems migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit? ...

Migrating from ASE 12.0 32-bit to ASE 12.0 64-bit
Has anyone run into any problems migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit? ...

any issues to restore dump file of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ?
Hi, Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both system DBs are the same. Cheers paul > Hi, > > Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore > the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 > (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both > system DBs are the same. > > Cheers > paul If you have a recent ebf of ASE 12.0 (say 12.0.0.4 or later) than no problem. Earlier ebfs had a few problems....

ASE 12.5 Eval on Windows Server 2003
Can we install ASE 12.5 Evaluation version on Windows Server 2003 (SP 1)? ...

ASE 12.5.2. and Windows Server 2003
Hello everybody, Please, someone knows if I can install ASE 12.5.2. in Windows 2003? Best regards and thanks for your help. Tonny Cardenas Hello, Yes, it has been certified on Windows 2003: http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/platformDetail.do?certId=103&platformId=15&productId=2 Thanks, Neal On 19 oct, 17:51, SybaseNeal <nst...@nospam.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Yes, it has been certified on Windows 2003: > http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/platformDetail.do?certId=103&plat... > > Thanks, > Neal Hello Neal, ...

Squeezing the maximum memory out of ASE 12.5.x (and ASE 15.0) on Windows
I've seen a few postings asking how to get the largest memory allocation on a Windows 32-bit platform on ASE 12.5.x. Here is what I've pieced together over the last couple of years. In early testing the same configuration applies to ASE 15.0 too. Note that this isn't the last word on how to configure Sybase for large memory in Windows (I'm sure there must be tricks to squeeze even more memory out of the system) but these tips work well for me. ----- The Microsoft Windows operating system, running on a 32 bit platform has memory address limits for the maximum ...

Web resources about - ASE 12.0 on Windows 2003 server - sybase.ase.general

The Windows Blog

Windows 10's growth continues to slow as Windows 7 and 8.x gain share
NetMarketShare has released its usage share figures for November, and they make for interesting reading. As you would expect, Windows 10 grew ...

Latest update reenables Windows 10’s spying features – here’s how to stop it
Microsoft released the first major Windows 10 update a few weeks ago, but the operating system’s spying capabilities are still intact – though ...

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella admits it: 'Xbox is just another Windows computer'
At today's Microsoft shareholder meeting, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella talked about how Windows 10 has the potential to become the hub of a connected ...

Microsoft tries to ease Windows 10 upgrade process
New updates promise to smooth over glitches that users of Windows 7 and 8.1 may have experienced when trying to jump to Microsoft's latest operating ...

Windows 10: Now on 148M PCs
Four months in, Windows 10 powers approximately 148 million PCs, according to measurements released today by analytics vendor Net Applications. ...

Want a sleek Windows 10 phone? Go to Japan
Just last week, Microsoft began selling the Lumia 950, the first Windows 10 mobile phone, and though the software showed promise, the hardware ...

Microsoft Targets Unwanted Windows Apps in the Enterprise
Microsoft wants to make drive-by downloads, and threats they pose to business users, a thing of the past for enterprise customers.