ASE 12.0 odbc drivers not installed

I'm installing ASE 12.0 in Windows 2000 Pro, but the odbc drivers are not
installed and I can't find the dlls. I run \sybase\odbc\sybcsp.exe but
nothing happens.

Thank you

0
Luis

When you try to create a Data Source yuou do not find "Sybase ASE ODBC
Driver"??
Do you have Open Client installed?  (It should install with the installer)

Also is there a directory:

%SYBASE%\ODBC-3_5?  It should contain the DLLs, SYODASE.DLL....

pv

"Luis Porras" <luis.porras@dakotaimaging.com> wrote in message
> I'm installing ASE 12.0 in Windows 2000 Pro, but the odbc drivers are not
> installed and I can't find the dlls. I run \sybase\odbc\sybcsp.exe but
> nothing happens.
>
> Thank you

0
Paul
5/21/2004 11:32:07 PM
Right, I can't find the "Sybase ASE ODBC Driver" and in the registry they
don't appear. The DLLs exist in the winnt\system32 directory and I don't
have a %SYBASE%\ODBC-3_5, I have %SYBASE%\ODBC directory and there are no
DLLs in it.

Thanks

"Paul" <Paul@sybase.com> wrote in message news:40ae9189$1@forums-2-dub...
> When you try to create a Data Source yuou do not find "Sybase ASE ODBC
> Driver"??
> Do you have Open Client installed?  (It should install with the installer)
>
> Also is there a directory:
>
> %SYBASE%\ODBC-3_5?  It should contain the DLLs, SYODASE.DLL....
>
> pv
>
> "Luis Porras" <luis.porras@dakotaimaging.com> wrote in message
> > I'm installing ASE 12.0 in Windows 2000 Pro, but the odbc drivers are
not
> > installed and I can't find the dlls. I run \sybase\odbc\sybcsp.exe but
> > nothing happens.
> >
> > Thank you

0
Luis

ASE 12.0.0.0 / SWR 8775 UPGRADE TO ASE 12.0.0.6/EBF 10628 PERFORMANCE PROBLEM
Hi All, We recently upgraded ASE 12.0.0.0/SWR 8775 to ASE 12.0.0.6/EBF 10628. Some queries stopped returning resultsets. Recompiled the stored procs which fixed the issue. But the queries are running slower now. The overall performance of the app has become sluggish. The CPU is generally running higher as well! Have also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 to include the new Solaris 8 threads library. Anybody any insights into this? How can we get back to the pre-upgrade performance levels short of rolling back the EBF. Regards Perry Perry, I guess 12.0.0.6 requires some Solaris ...

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

Can't construct query plan in ASE 12.0
Error 325 is being returned when trying to execute a stored procedure on version : Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.0/P/SWR 8773 ESD 1/RS6000/AIX 4.3.2/1580/64bit/FBO/Tue Dec 7 03:29:32 1999 ... this is the code causing the error when running on version listed above... it's a sub-query within a stored proc AND SBSB.HIST_ROW_ID = (select MAX(SBSB2.HIST_ROW_ID) FROM Massive_db.audit.CMC_SBSB_SUBSC SBSB2 WHERE SBSB2.SBSB_CK = SBSB.SBSB_CK AND CONVERT(CHAR(10),SBEL.SBEL_INSQ_DT,101) = CONVERT(CHAR 10),SBSB2.HIST_CREATE_DTM,101)) When executing same stored procedure on AS...

Migrating from ASE 12.0 32-bit to ASE 12.0 64-bit
Has anyone run into any problems migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit? ...

Migrating from ASE 12.0 32-bit to ASE 12.0 64-bit
Has anyone run into any problems migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit? ...

any issues to restore dump file of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ?
Hi, Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both system DBs are the same. Cheers paul > Hi, > > Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore > the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 > (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both > system DBs are the same. > > Cheers > paul If you have a recent ebf of ASE 12.0 (say 12.0.0.4 or later) than no problem. Earlier ebfs had a few problems....

ASE ODBC Driver 15.x backward compatible with ASE 12.5.x
Can anyone point me to a statement by Sybase that ASE ODBC Driver 15 will work with ASE 12.5.x databases? I'm under the impression that it is backward compatible but I will need to install the 15.x cataloging stored procedures in the 12.5.x servers to allow MS Access / Excel / Query type users to work. -- Thank You Scott Kellish --- Quote of the Minute --- Dilbert's Words of Wisdom: Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it. _________________________________________ Scott Kellish, Owner SoftSystem Solutions, LLC. 18 Ridge Road...

Upgrading from ASE 12.0 to ASE 12.5.2
Hi everyone, I am basically thinking of upgrading ASE 12.0.x to ASE 12.5.2. How would the migration process be. Is it straight dump and load or otherwise ?? regards Paresh. Paresh wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I am basically thinking of upgrading ASE 12.0.x to ASE 12.5.2. > > How would the migration process be. Is it straight dump and load or > otherwise ?? > > regards > > Paresh. > > see the upgrade/installation guide joop -- Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services New address per 21 November 2005: Zo...

ASE 12.0 and ASE 12.5 optional features
Dear all, Can anyone knows what are the optional features of ASE 12.0 and ASE 12.5?? Thanks ~Riverwind ASE 12.0 : * DTM (distribute transaction management) * HA (High availability) * JAVA (Java support in the database) * Security services. ASE 12.5 * EJB support in the database. * XFS (extended file system support) * Directory services * Extended full text search * Java option now includes xml support in ASE. HTH -girish Thanks... ~Riverwind <girish@sybase.com> wrote in message news:43D8F27AA65DE95800085C1785256C0C.00123C3785256C0A@webforums... ...

Cannot start ASE 12.5 in Suse 8.0 after installing 12.5.0.3 ESD1.
Hi all, I have a customer that was running ASE 12.5.0.1 in SUSE 8.0 with no problem, but he is not able to start the server after installing 12.5.0.3 ESD 1 (EBF 10980). In the certification page I have seen that the version certified for SUSE 8 is 12.5.0.3 and ESD 1 is required, this is strange because the only version we are able to make work is one that is not certified. We have also tried with the latest 12.5.0.2 patch, that is EBF 10753, and the same problem appears. This is the error that appears in the terminal where he tries to start: .... .... 0...

ASE 12.5 ODBC drivers for NT 4.0/win2K
Where can I get the latest copy of the 12.5 ASE ODBC drivers? The only thing that I can find are some related EBF's, I need the full driver install. - Thanks If you are licensed with Sybase ASE or Software Developer Kit then you would have the CDRom for the PC CLient that contains the ODBC driver installation. The 12.5 ODBC driver is not available for download. pv mhenriks wrote: > > Where can I get the latest copy of the 12.5 ASE ODBC drivers? The only > thing that I can find are some related EBF's, I need the full driver > install. - Thanks You...

Upgrade ASE 12.0.0.4 to 12.0.0.8
I upgraded my ASE to version 12.0.0.8. Now one of the application get a permanent error: "Not enough procedure cache". I increased the proc cache to 40% (total memory: 1 GB) - no success. When I rolled back to 12.0.0.4 everything works fine (with less procedure cache). The ASE is running on Solaris 7. The application connects thru the Merant ODBC driver. I gave the application already back to development to check. Any help how this can be avoided by a change on the host/server is appreciated. Bernd I always recommend dropping/recreating all of the stored...

ASE 12.5.2 to ASE 12.5.0.3
Hello, I have to return to ASE 12.5.0.3 from ASE 12.5.2. I created a new server and did a dump/load of a user database and that seems to be fine. Is this a safe way to downgrade ? Is it necessary to create a new server (master database) or should it also be possible to shutdown the 12.5.2 server and start it again with the 12.5.0.3 binary ? Thanks, Luc. ...

Performance Degradation after ASE 12.0 upgrade to ASE 12.5
Hello, There was a issue posted on 08/06/2002 by 'Bob' related to performance degradation after upgrade of ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5. I would like to know whether anyone has found any solution/workaround to resolve those issues without making any changes in the application code. We are also facing the same problems here after upgrade of ASE 12.0 to ASE 12.5. The program which takes 10 mins. on ASE 12.0 is taking more than 3 hrs to finish on ASE 12.5 despite of using the same indexes and the program which takes 3 hrs on ASE 12.0 is taking more than 24 hours on ASE 12.5. ...

Web resources about - ASE 12.0 odbc drivers not installed - sybase.ase.general

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland&#8217;s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

Giant Gollum installed at airport ahead of Hobbit film
A 12 metre-long sculpture carved using robotics and chainsaws has been installed at Wellington Airport ahead of The Hobbit premiere.