accessing table data from a datawindow

How do I display data from a table based on a boolean value of one of the
columns within the table.  Specifically, I have a table called
Life_Expectancy.  Along with name, age, race, male/female, etc., each
record contains a column titled 'smoke'.  I want to display the record in a
datawindow based on whether the value of 'smoke' is yes or no.

How do I access the information from the table to determine whether I
should display the record or not? I am certain I could use an if else
statement to check the value, but how do I access the table first?

0
Johan

GridView data table and MS Access table. Some time I like MS Access...
Hi: I want all the rows and coloums data showing in the GridView can be editable, just like the MS Access table on the form, you can modify and update any cell and it will be saved if your mouse leave that cell (or you click "Save" button). The reason I ask is: everyday I have about hundrands of data need to be set the date(Today's date), to be set the status (on/off), and input Receipt Num, if I using Gridview's "Edit" "Update" feature, I find there are still two many clicks, and also the selected rows changing the size and p...

Migrating Data from one Access Database table to a different Access Datbase / Table
A little background Company has a database that must have new records added to it weekly.  The new data is provided via an access database.  The old data is in a another access database.  What I want to do is have them upload the new access database to the ASP (not .net) server and then copy the new records over to the old data to bring it up to date.  At this point they can upload the new database. But I am having a hard time getting that info into the old database.   This is what I have so far,  but I get the following error Microsoft JET Database Engine...

Data Access Layer : Fail to read data from two table by one Table Adapter
I have an Access Data Source containing a few tables.I want to set up a DAL for data access and I add a dataset to my projectHowever, when I added two table into a table adapter, VS can't read any data from the data source (while the connection is successful as the columns and rows are loaded)  The two tables are called bidding and itemHere is the SQL generated:SELECT      item.itemId, item.shortTitle, item.picture, item.durationHour,                     ...

Has accessed data using a datawindow from a Paradox 4.X database table?
Hi all I am have no trouble setting up the Microsoft ODBC Paradox driver. It connects fine. I just can't create a Datawindow to select data from a Paradox 4.5 file. I get an error message stating "SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC ParadoxDriver] The Select statement included a reserved word or an argument name that is misspelled or missing, or the punctuation is incorrect". Has anyone had any success with this? Thanks, Jeff. ...

[...]

How to move a row in a data table object to the top of the table? The data table is in a data set. The data is bound to a drop down list box.
I am maintaining some 2003 C#/asp.net code for a web application. In the application a table in a data set is usedto populate a drop down list box.(The drop down list box will display a list of names) Before the data set table is bound to the list box control, blank characters are inserted at the topof the data set table. The purpose of this, is to display a blank line in the drop down list box, when the list box isinitially displayed. This code works fine. (See lines 1-14 below). Now I have been asked to modify the source code so that instead of a blank line being inserted at to top of th...

Copy all data from MSSQL tables to Access table
I want to copy all data and tables from my mssql database to a new access database. Is this possible?Cheers,Curt.Regards, Curt...

Populating ASE tables with data from SQL Anywhere tables
Since all the datatypes(timestamp,varchar greater then 255 char) with SQL Anywhere are not supported by ASE i have problems populating ASE tables with data from SQL Anywhere tables. Both the databases have the same table structure. Could anyone suggest ways of populating ASE 11.9.2 database with data from SQL Anywhere 5.5.04? Thanks Riyaz. I've done this with PowerBuilder pipeline objects. Paul Horan [TeamSybase] Buffalo, NY "development credit bank" <sunesara@usa.net> wrote in message news:r$kw7riGAHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Since all the ...

How to pass data to an Access Data Source to update a table
Hi This should, I hope, be a simple question to answer. I have a drop down list, which when a user has made a selection and clicked a button will trigger an update to a table. So, my question is how do you pass a selected value from a drop down list to an Access Data Source to update a table? Thanks You set the DropDownList as the source of the value of a ControlParameter Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site Hi I have already to do something already. To give you a better idea what I am doing, my drop down list is already bound to an Access Data Source, and this works. The pr...

Accessing data in DataWindow
Hi all, In case I have selected a bunch of rows in a DataWindow (by using the shift key), how can I get all the selected row numbers without looping all the rows ? Thanks ! Use the GETSELECTEDROW function. DataWindowControl.GetSelectedRow (StartRow) The function returns 0 if no row is selected after StartRow. e.g. Long lRow = 0 Do lRow = dw_1.GetSelectedRow( lRow) If lRow <> 0 then // whatever you want in here End If Loop While lRow <> 0 HTH Luana "david" <davidk@matavtv.net> ha scritto nel messaggio news:cK5#u...

accessing data from datawindow above
Hi, Can anyone help me with how to access a piece of data within a datawindow, within a user object sitting in the datawindow I am on? (Three layers deep) I want to be able to click a button on the uppermost window which uses data from the lowermost. If that doesn't make sense I am not surprised as I am a little confused but I would be grateful for a nudge in the right direction. Cheeers Stephen Hi Do you have a window which have a datawindow user object which refers a NVO which uses another dw (through a datastore)? Is that the route? Cheers Ricci <Stephen Wa...

Direct Data Access or Disconnected Data Access
For which one should i opt ? Direct Data Access or Disconnected Data Access ? I'm currently reading a book on ASP.NET 2.0 and both access methods are explained , but i would like to know what the general tendency is ? Do you opt for Direct or Disconneted access ? Thx Tom Neither one is really better than the other if you're speaking generally.  However, certain situations make one preferred over the other.  Connected access (data readers) is generally faster and uses less memory.  This is the preferred method when you have an application that demands the highest perfor...

access to tables by datawindow
Hi all. I use PB7EE and ASA6.02. I made a structure of my database as DBA user. I wrote my pb application connecting to database as DBA user too. Now I need to make remote databases and run my pb application on these databases, but remote user is named as remote1,remote2, remote3, ... If I run my app on every remote database error occures, becouse my all datawindows have access without owner name i.e.: select kol1,kol2 from mytable If I write "select kol1,kol2 from DBA.mytable" all is ok. Is any simple way to fix this problem without fixing every datawindow and ...

Web resources about - accessing table data from a datawindow - sybase.ase.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo